Lowe's Home Improvement

3.4Pay & Benefits

Found 13,669 reviews matching the searchSee all 49,520 reviews
storecustomerretailcustomdepartmentassociatecashiermanager

Decent place to work

Experience varies from store to store, but overall the benefits are good, and the pay is higher than many other retail stores. Work life balance tends to be rough, and part time employees can often be asked to pull full time hours without getting benefits.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Work life balance is not great

Do not work here

If you are a hard worker you WILL be doing the jobs of several people sometimes while they are there watching and for all your extra work and effort you might get a thank you but there will be NO raise amount above what is given to everyone if you get that. Management blames corporate for everything and corporate micromanages. There will almost always be not enough people scheduled to work as needed and you get to fill in wherever they need you. I've never worked for such a unorganized uncaring unappreciative place

Pros

Benefits aren't bad

Cons

You will be doing the jobs of others without compensation

Lowe's Home Improvement insights

Based on 28,866 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Okay work place

Can be very slow upfront not a very fast pace environment if working cashier the pay is decent can advance Management is not terribleDoes have flexibility

It's a mixed bag

Scheduling is a mess, there are three shifts and you are expected to take all of them in order to progress. Family and personal time is not a factor here. You spend at least 7 hours on your feet and walk for miles in a typical day.The workplace culture puts the customer first, which is the way it should be, but workers end up filling in for nonworkers and the nonworkers outnumber the workers with very little accountability.Lowes does supply equipment for heavy work, a good benefits package and decent pay package.

Pros

Full benefits package, decent pay

Cons

Management can make your experience miserable

Good First Job

It is a good job if you are looking to make money and zone off to music or audiobooks. The job is fairly simple but requires endurance to work the entire night.

Decent job, management is hit or miss

I work customer service. Supervisors are hit or miss, some good and bad ones. Some require you to just do your job like your paid to do, some expect you to go above and beyond. Its some politics with trying to further their careers by asking for you to do more. I enjoyed working here at the beginning. Now it has gotten repetitive and somewhat not worth it.

Enjoyed the daily challenges of maintaining the store and client interaction

Arrive and begin updating clients and suppliers .Help store and phone customers to acquire goods as requested. Share ideas in company meetings.Working with vendors to resolve customer issues.

Pros

Great benefits and time off.

Cons

Changing hours and responsibilities.

Do not recommend

Pay is off par compared to most of the area. Schedule is never the same. Hours get cut often. Management not engaged in keeping protocol and standards.

It's an okay job

The only negative I have is the pay. The work day is sometimes hard doing resets but its fun sometimes. The management is okay, some good some not so good, but thats every job.

Could be much better

It’s an alright place to work if you’re into the “trial-by-fire” method of being a cashier. The pay is decided based on experience, but still caps out close to where you’re put. The best (or worst) part of the job is the coworkers. Staffing makes or breaks this job.

Friendly staff and understandable management

I have been treated very fairly with my medical conditions. I have continually improved my skills and got a promotion in 6 months and continue to succeed with the help of management and my Co workers. I appreciate the transparency of all the answers I receive about questions that I have.

Pros

Good recognition and benefits. Flexible hours and friendly staff. Great rate for promotions.

Cons

Pay is on lower side without retail experience.

It sucked

Bad pay to many hours. Hard to find good help. Should be higher pay and less hours. They expect way to much out of the employee. Not enough vacation time!!

It is what you make it

I've truly enjoyed working here. Not many people are full time! They have cut hours on cashier's and other department s. Overall it is a good place to work.

Pros

Nothing is free.

Cons

Short breaks are not always given when working long hours.

Wages below avg

Ok job for your life support but never a career. Benefit options are good. Wages are below avg. It is always about making the store look "pretty", not how much effort an employee puts into the job.

8-5 pm. Great team environment. Good workplace culture. Easy job. I worked there for 5 years and would easily go back. Pay was okay, not great.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

short breaks

Your Mental Health will suffer - Don't work in Customer Care

Working for the Lowe's call center is a struggle. I should not dread waking up in the morning to go to work. I have been at the same pay rate for almost two years. It is hard to get bonuses and raises. Your raises are based on your performance on the SMART scale. If you don't say the exact words, say bye-bye to any bonus and raises.Customers will curse you out and management does nothing for you. They don't try and research the person, they don't ban the person. You get told "It's a part of the job, but here we this benefit that you can use on your off days". So basically, suck it up. No one should be talked to that way and I mean no one.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Everything Else

Not a bad place to work

Lowes isn't a bad place to work. I've been their 5 years and love my store. However, with that being said the raises suck. I have been there 5 years worked in 5 different positions and my pay has increased less then $2. I am currently looking for a new job just because of the pay.

Overworked and underpaid

Overworked and underpaid. Short staffed due to payroll hours. Benefits need to be cheaper. There is no work life balance for associates. There is decent 401k match and stock options

Productive Job

Come in do your shift and go home, Customers are very friendly when they come in, lots of work to be done, breaks are 1 hour long, the 6 months raise is fair enough.

Decent job

Swing shift hours including nights and weekends. Good benefits and decent pay for entry level work. Easy enough to advance if working in the correct location

It was okay

I worked here for a summer job in college. It was decent pay then for the work I did, and most of the customers were fine except for a few. Coworker and environment was also decent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lowe's Home Improvement. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

64%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

52%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss