Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 29,601 reviews matching the search See all 30,516 reviews
ok
Sale associate (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 19, 2019
over worked under staff poor managemnet there are more worried about profit than helping customers no consisted hour for part time employees i worked for them almost 5 years
Pros
hour plenty during summer
Cons
slim to none during winter hours wise
one of the best jobs i ever worked
Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 19, 2019
if it were not for the fact that i was hired on as seasonal i would have loved to stay here for at least as long as it would have taken me to finish my degree. maybe longer
Pros
discounts
Cons
no overtime
Not a company to work for right now
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Petoskey, MIJanuary 19, 2019
Lowe's doesn't work with their management team at all for career development. Once you become a Service Manager/Dept Supervisor you're stuck. Regular associates are treated better than the management team. They have better hours and some are even paid more than the managers. It's sad when Drivers make an equal amount to the managers, yet managers are held to a higher standard and deal with all of the irate customers.
No Work/Life balance and now they're doing away with consecutive days off, so you never have two days off in a row. If you have a family then it's best to stay away from Lowe's. Health Insurance is overpriced and lacks in prescription coverage. You can only go through CVS for your prescriptions.
Inconsistent work with little respect
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOJanuary 19, 2019
I have worked at Lowe's for about a year and a half now and I feel that through what I have put forth for this company, I don't get much in return. I feel that out of all the times I've helped all of my co-workers out with covering shifts to be able to get more hours for myself, but heaven forbid if I need someone to help me out. As far as the workplace is concerned, I don't get paid enough to deal with all of the griping customers that come across me and I'm always patronized for everything I do in the workplace. I have to put on a facade just to get along with people because I'm scared that if they see me for who I really am, nobody will respect me then. It's a vicious cycle for every single day I work there. The sad fact is, I've talked to the head managers about it and they do nothing. Sadly, this is the best job I can find around my area with my level of experience. It's sad to say that nothing will change with the foreseeable future.
Great people to work with, but little room for advancement
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, ILJanuary 19, 2019
Typical days at work for a cashier is just standing around waiting for customers, it was challenging to assist customers finding what they were looking for solely due to the fact that we couldn't leave the register.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Enjoyable workplace
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  West Hazleton, PAJanuary 19, 2019
Very good place to work. Great management. Great benefits. Good balance between work and family. Always willing to work with your schedule. Good overall atmosphere.
Welcome to high school
Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 19, 2019
Management is terrible! The sales managers are like children who pass off every task and problem to either assistant managers or specialists. You also get treated like a child and spoken to like one. They don’t care about you or how you contribute to the company. You are just a body to them. Someone to fill a space. If they don’t like you or if you are replaceable, they will get rid of you. If you are one of the ones that they depend on, they will ride you so hard to the point of breaking. There is favoritism and some managers will tell you that your schedule is based on the needs of the business. Don’t think you will have a work/life balance. You won’t. You will never be able to plan events or activities because your schedule changes constantly. If you have management experience, don’t think you will become a manager here. If you don’t interview well, no matter how hard you have worked and how long you have been with the company, it won’t matter! Everything Lowes does mimics Home Depot. If HD changes their hours, Lowes changes theirs. If Home Depot changes their management structure, so does Lowes. Lowes is so far stuck up Home Depot’s butt they can’t see straight. Sales and good surveys are all that maters for this company. If you’re a woman, be prepared to get sexually haerassed by customers, abused, and mistreated.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management, no work/life balance, immature and hostile work environment
A flexible and fulfilling place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Service) (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILJanuary 19, 2019
As long as you are willing to show up to work and help deliver great customer service to every customer you can do great things in this company. You can start from the bottom and really work your way up if you are open and willing to learn.
Daily Review
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 19, 2019
As an ASM you must expect the unexpected. Consistently be able to adjust as plans generally do not go as expected due to factors outside your control such as call ins or added truck shipments.

Lowe's is a good company but is undergoing significant changes to undo some of the previous managements failures in IT development and store management structures.
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJanuary 19, 2019
Making out the lunch schedule. I have learned how to manage up to 15 people on one shift. It is fun being around well rounded people who is very knowledgeable about there work
Great co workers
Project Specialist Interiors (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJanuary 19, 2019
The most enjoyable part of my day was meeting new clients, helping with projects and building a rapport. My co workers are all great people from all different back grounds.
Lowe's was a good company to work for
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 19, 2019
I had a great job as a project specialist but they did away with the position company wide. I enjoyed the challenges of my position. Meeting new people and helping them in their home remodel.
Typ retail; missed opportunity to be industry leader
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 19, 2019
I am retired and this was job for mad-money and to keep me in shape. Sadly, for a store with great product lines, it still was a typical retail career in the sea of retail companies. Low pay while dealing with unappreciative customers and sometimes unapreciative supers. But humanity has plenty of good people and LOWES hires many of them unlike some retail shops. Truly enjoyed many of my co-workers; some of the best I have ever worked with including my years in building rockets and planes.
Pros
great job for health and exercise: walking, lifting, keeps you from snacking and smoking
Cons
Sometimes never a break due to under-staffing thuss one misses water breaks, rests, and meals.
Low Pay, Poor Management, No Training
Project Specialist Interiors (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 19, 2019
I have been a successful Project Specialist of Interiors for Lowes in Midwest City Oklahoma for the past 3 years. This was a fairly high profile career within the Lowes Company which offered a base salary plus commission. I was hired on my past experience as a regional sales executive for several companies for Texas and the five surrounding states. I was offered the same position in Jacksonville Florida as a Project Specialist of Interiors for Lowes at an increase in pay. Accepting their offer, I was to report to them ready for work by November 19, 2018. I flew to Jacksonville and leased a house and relocated at my own expense.
On January 4, 2019 Lowes called for a mandatory meeting in which we learned that Lowes was terminating the Project Specialist of Interiors program and after Friday February 15, 2019 my career would be ended.
I was informed in the meeting, by the Human Resource Manager, that terminating the Project Specialist of Interiors Program had been in the works for the past year. Lowes made no attempt to phase out the program or put a freeze on further hiring for the Project Specialist of Interiors position, and in fact the position was still be posted on the Lowes web site.
In the past 3 years Lowes Project Specialist of Interiors program has had 2 class action suits with settlements against them for egregious labor practices.
I was offered a pay increases, relocated at great expense to myself to an unfamiliar area where I had no contacts to be told that I no longer had a career with Lowes.
Pros
Employment for unskilled workers
Cons
Unskilled Management, Poor Training, Low Pay
Productive with nice people.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fostoria, OHJanuary 19, 2019
A typical work day at Lowe's you are constantly running from one end of the store to the other covering breaks. I learned how to handle other workers mistakes and correct it to make customers happy. The management is fairly decent you hardly see them or get to talk to them when it is needed most.
Pros
Nice workers and treated like family
Cons
Not enough hours
Busy, but great coworkers
Front End Loader (Former Employee) –  Mill Creek, WAJanuary 19, 2019
Very busy in the summer but great coworkers make it better. Can be a little caotic but the mangers are mostly understanding and have your back. They always make you get your two paid 15 minute breaks and your hour for lunch. Always got 40 hours a week, but scheduling was all over the place. Could be moring shift one day then evening the next. They do try to avoid night then morning though.
Pros
Two paid 15 minute breaks, hour lunch, great coworkers, 10% discount
Cons
Busy, inconsistent schedule, work weekends
Restructure Restructure Restructure
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 19, 2019
Show up, work hard, show competence, and get rewarded with potential overtime. Every store has such a different atmosphere based on the leadership team.
Lowe's
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulare, CAJanuary 19, 2019
Lowe's itself is a wonderful company to work for. Unfortunately, Store Managers are lead to believe that they don't have to adhere to basic workplace principles.

10 1/2 to 12 hour shifts.
I learned how to merchandise, read sales data, analyze reports, accountability, hiring, terminating, etc.

Management works together for the most part.

Hardest part is working for a Store Manager that's not a team player.

The associates are what make that job worth it.
tiring but good.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CAJanuary 19, 2019
no comment.lunches were taken in between delivery`s if time aloud.It was good i was able to drive both types of trucks,so it never got boring.most delivery`s were good but sometimes you would get a real bad one that would take you in to the wee hour`s of the night.
decline at this time
Project Specialist Interiors (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJanuary 18, 2019
Many on going changes have occurred within the past several years and it used to be a great company to work for. Perhaps it will be again in the future

58.9K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Lowe's.

Powered by Comparably