Lowe's Home Improvement

United States47,136 reviews

Found 47,136 reviews matching the searchSee all 48,756 reviews
storecustomerretailcustomdepartmentassociatecashiermanager

Fellow employees

Fellow employees are very helpful, and depending on their experience very knowledgeable. The building needs to be enlarged, as well as the ouside lawn and garden area.

Pros

Fairly amenable when it comes to work and off time scheduling.

Cons

Doesn't always hire enough staff

Cool place but doesn’t pay

This is a great job to work if you are in college or just starting out brut not if your trying to support your family they do treat their vets great though

Lowe's Home Improvement insights

Based on 27,322 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Good company but in need of people who want to work.

Been good to me. APPLIANCE Specialist. 40 hour work week with schedule made up for several weeks ahead. On going issue with inventory because of Covid. Otherwise a great place to work.

Ok

Bad communication from management. The favoritism definitely shows. Not all the supervisors were terrible but most of them will micromanage you always

It's retail

Job is easy, schedule sucks. Typical retail. Get lots of credit cards. Management like to play the usual favoritism games like any other job. Overall not the worst.

Pretty simple stuff.

I enjoyed working at Lowes RDC. The hours were long, but working 3 12s was worth it. Pay could be a little better but the company takes care of their employees. At least at my location

It's easy

I worked here for 6 months and got a handle on it pretty easily, the work is easy and management is alright, I didn't interact with them too much though.

Good Benefits, Stressful Environment

Constantly changing and understaffed environment makes for a stressful workplace. Huge disconnect between management and company goals and the experiences of hourly workers and customers. Fun environment, but at the cost of lack of support and unpredictable schedule.

Benefits

Cons

Lack of training; understaffed

Not friendly and no appreciated

Do not recommend, management does not appreciate employees and is always looking for negative things to drill you about. No matter how hard you work it’s never enough

Balanced home/work schedule.

For me the hours are great except when they cut back.Co worker are all great with friendliness.The pay could be a bit better but, it's appreciated.Mgmt listens to your concerns and are very approachable.

Pros

Special event cook outs.

Cons

Bathroom in back of building 😁

Seasonal job

I worked here in high school a job is a job. I didn’t think to be at Lowe’s long term though. Great pay just for cashiers, nice staff management. A lot of company events.

The job was good

To many young people. I was older, there were lots of immature kids. They played their little games. I felt out of place, not comfortable at all.

Pros

Pay/ hours

Cons

Working for moody teenagers.

Unsatisfiying work

As a fulfillment associate, you are expected to pick orders in less than 2 hours, all while providing excellent customer service and down-stocking. The fulfillment team is sorely lacking in members, 8 as of this review and no overnight team. It is "required" to learn to use the powered equipment, IE forklift, even if it wasn't mentioned during the interview.

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, poor work-life balance

if you draw breath and can lift heavy loads this may be the job for you.

. Step 1: Get credit apps.. Step 2: Sell protection plans. RepeatYou can miss 3/5 shifts, and still be employee of the month if you get 2 credit cards a shift. Lowes has lost its way in customer service as a retail environment. Many departments are unstaffed or understaffed. Get ready to deal with annoyed and angry customers.

Pros

Flexible schedule: Just TRY to pin one down. Very good benefits, Lowes pay, a portion.

Cons

Constantly conflicting directions, New employees can name their rate, current employees do not get pay raises, Policies constantly changing. Management turnover is sadly frequent.

The upper management would provide little to no support.

Absolutely terrible treatment of employees. Began working there as a pro-services rep and was transferred to overnight lumber stocker with promise of increased pay. Had several compliments from corporate managers in regards to how I performed yet never recieved the shift diffrential.

Okay starter place

Okay place to work. It is retail so you should know what to expect. Open availability and will work you to the bone. Don’t expect holidays or weekend free time as you will be booked working all the time

Great coworkers but bad management.

Working for this company was a good experience. I had the chance to grow my customer service skills and help customers solve any issues they might face while shopping. The management was the only downfall. They were disorganized, and not helpful when it came to needing help. Management changed every single day so some are not knowledgeable on the computer system. The employees are teaching and leaning on eachother to figure things out on their own to resolve customers needs.

Okay

It was an alright place to work. Pretty much your typical place for customer service where the management was alright but sometimes didn’t listen and the customers were a lot.

Management a mess

the management was horrible, barely anyone showed up to work. schedule is never consistent and a complete mess. not worth the pay. have to do multiple jobs despite being apart of one department.

I met some wonderful employees who are now friends

I was there 3 plus years. I made some friends for life. I learned a lot in my department as a cashier in Lawn and Garden as I asked my own questions

Pros

Depends on the store you work at. However, the 5 percent discount was nice. I was grateful.

Cons

NO consistency in the schedule for cashiers, the pay was little for us, I think only some of the assistant managers knew how hard I worked

If you know what you're doing management leaves you alone.

If you keep busy mangement won't bother you. Dealing with customer can be a good and a bad time. Don't bother going above and beyond...you won't really gain anything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lowe's Home Improvement. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

64%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

52%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss