Lowe's Home Improvement
Happiness rating is 58 out of 100

Lowe's Home Improvement Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Experience varies from store to store, but overall the benefits are good, and the pay is higher than many other retail stores. Work life balance tends to be rough, and part time employees can often be asked to pull full time hours without getting benefits.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Work life balance is not great
Worked lawn and garden and had a blast with the crew you're with, though you have a slacker in every group most of the time it is fairly easy and not hard to handle
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
little training
June 10, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value your feedback!
June 10, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value your feedback!
The working environment is good, nice people, and daily challenges. Management not very good, they don’t back you up with bad customers, their culture of “the customer is always right and not loosing customers because they were wrong” it is damaging the relationship between employees and some management. They don’t promote people from inside, they rather hire an outsider unless you are a manager’s friend
Pros
COVID bonuses
Cons
No internal promotions
March 25, 2021
Thank you for your review. We encourage all associates to discuss career growth opportunities with their managers. Growth is important to us at all levels, and your manager is here to help map out any and all opportunities.
There is no one working nights besides a few of us. They don't try to get day time to work nights or anything so it's just a few of us doing huge truck loads of work and then being pushed to overwork by one of the overnight managers. Only one supervisor overnight is good while the other is 2 faced and condescending. Not a great work environment and not nearly paid enough to work this hard and be forced to stay an extra hour ontop of that. Only redeeming quality is you can listen to music and sort of chill but if you look like you are standing around even for a second your glared on and hassled for it.
Pros
Hour long break ontop of lunch
Cons
Forced to be stuck there for an hour extra not paid
Work schedule is flex. All over the board to get your 40 a week. 11:30 to 9 one day then 8-4 the next. Split days off each week but sometimes 2 days in a row. Decent benefits, great co workers in my location.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
This was an alright company to work for. Clock in, do your job, clock out. Not much advancement and the management were extremely slow to respond. Customers were my favorite part of the job.
You are overworked and lots of back to back shifts but the pay is good. They do ALOT of incentives for their employees and try to make working fun fun place to work but shifts are long
Pros
Goox pay
Cons
Always working
Not a place to work for a woman ( retail merchandising ) this is very hard labor--- i would not recommend this job for a woman they are very understanding about medical leave/issuesthe pay is not a living pay wage
Pros
good on medical leave!
Poor management from the store manager. But my department manager was awesome. She should’ve ran the store. If you want a successful and happy environment, you need a leader that brings that atmosphere. Not being employees down and make them not want to work. It’s just like life in general. Energy transfers and so does mindset. Seen some shady stuff too. If the ceo would let me, I’d do a great job in handling how they operate lol. Sheesh.
Pros
My department manager was great.
Cons
Alot
Very busy place to work and good management and checking out the checking out the customers was good. I am a fast learner and a fast cashier and was told ,what to do. I sanitized after each customer.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
average place to work
It’s an easy going job and straight forward but management is absolutely garbage that takes no consideration for their employees what so ever unless they really favor you or you’re a complete suck up.
Pros
Easy going, decent pay, and straight forward.
Cons
Terrible management
It's a retail job. If you can't handle fast pace environment, uptight spoiled customers, and upper management to just hide and disappear, then this isn't the place for you. The good thing flexibility and coworkers because without them you will be driven insane.
Pros
flexible
Honestly , I wish they paid better LC and hired more but like most corporations the ceos and higher ups get most of all the income and it’s not fair to the ones on the front lines, everyday, 8 hours a day, but we can’t afford our rent.
I’ve work for Lowe’s for about 4-5 years. Great benefits, great pay for most of the positions involving sales. The bonus incentive is fair too. Scheduling is an issue because you will feel like you work more than you actually enjoy life. Left the company twice because of management not being fair and having favorites. Do not trust management because they will smile in your face but talk behind your back.
Pros
Incentives, Good Pay, Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Management, bad schedules
Lowes has provided a clean and safe workplace. It has good benefits and decent pay with opportunity to advance. Good management for self starters. They care about employees well being.
Benefits
Cons
I love working at Lowe’s. Felt like it was a family. Everyone got along and management was outstanding. Got vacation sick leave. They work with you if you have any personal problems
Pros
Great customer
Cons
Working at Lowes you learn a lot. You learn how to be good at customer service and at sales. You learn how to pitch the sale and how to close a sale. Other associates are like family.
Had experience of stocking and customer service. I got experience on picker including communication skills. It prepares individual to be hard worker and love of job
The summary was easy to navigate. The questions easy to answer. I felt it was efficient. I love sight and was able to explain the way I felt about a job I loved.
There are just a bunch of closed-minded rednecks who are ignorantly judging the moment you step inside the store; not just customers, new workers as well. "Profit, Profit, Profit!!" for working $13 an hour at a hardware store that has no social class in society ..... You also need to greet Every Single Customer, Just in case he/she wants to steal; not because you want to be 'genuine' and deliver socially acceptable service. On & on & on ... and I have only gone through training!!!!!!!! Low-class, profiteering, ignorant-people working company. (Thus, although Coronavirus is alive and well, HHUGE preference to be jobless....)
I enjoyed working there, most if all I had the opportunity to learn more on the customer service side and learned to be more organized for future employers.