Lowe's Home Improvement

• Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Great Company

Not much to complain about. If you work hard you're rewarded and if you don't you're not. Advances in career is very much possible so long as you put in the work.

Pros

Promotion

Cons

Scheduling

productive workplace `

it was an ok company to work for. there was always work to do from stocking shelves, to helping customers. and more shelf stocking. great start for someone trying to get into the workforce

If you give it a chance it is a great place to work and the people are great.

Working for the Merchandise Service Team, I deal with Reset mostly. Setting bays to the Plan-O-Gram and putting up displays for vendors, but I also have to help customers when needed. It is a Great work environment and my Manager is always pushing members to better. There has been a number of times that he and the Store Manager have gone above and belong what that need to when I've needed help at the store or out.

Pros

Great Team ( MST ) to work with.

Cons

Not great pay for the amount of work I do.

Dreadfully lacking management

I’ve worked for lowe’s for about 8 years and I liked my job for the first 3 years. Then they restructured management and progressively the quality of the work culture and management went down. Currently I work full time and I find that there is a lot left to be desired at Lowe’s. Management largely ignores the floor workers and employees except a few newer managers. There are too few employees in my department, and most others. The lack of employees has my department strained and unable to keep up with the work for the past several months. The response in regards to this inability to keep up with the department has been right-ups (formal reprimands) for me and the other three employees that do the best we can with what little we have. When we question why we are being written up the response is because we did not meet expectations and we need to do our jobs. When I started this position there was eight employees and now there are four of us. Two fired, one quit and the last was transferred without choice to another department, shortly after we lost the others. Now I work alone for most of my shift, in a department that requires escorted power equipment operation to do my job. I and my coworkers have voiced our opinion and management told us we could find new jobs if we didn’t like it. There is little concern for the welfare of associates and a toxic management team at my store. Currently, I and many others are looking for a new job. I would not recommend this job to anyone that has any ambition for satisfaction with their work life and pay.

Pros

Good work friends

Cons

Poor Management, bad working conditions, unhealthy work culture, terrible pay, can only be employed as part time now

Not Home Depot chronicles

The management at my local Lowe’s left a lot to be desired. They ask so much if you but give very little in return. The amount of work you do is not worth what you’re getting paid. If you’re a single parent or have children who aren’t nuerotypical you might as well give it up now. If you’re not going to be a mindless robot you’ll never get anywhere. There’s even a Facebook group for angry Lowe’s employees.. So many have been used and abused and mistreated. Lowe’s is definitely not a company that cares

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Hello

Good to working out and have a good day take care of yourself and get back to normal and get the same thing about the way you want to go with me in the

decent co workers, worst management

coworkers were really nice and helpful if you needed them. Easy to make friends. Management was horrible. Never really knew what to do as I was told multiple ways of doing things from multiple supervisors and managers. Supervisors always played favorites with the easy and simple tasks plus raises for just being cool with a manager. Not good to voice your concerns or opinions as this will lead to disciplinary actions and write ups for the smallest of things. Example: Left an empty box on floor out of the way while I threw other trash away. Came back for the box and got written up for that. Got written up for being inside too much on really hot days and getting water which was never provided, which was terrible since water fountains were shut off due to covid. Scheduling was a nightmare, it would get changed within hours of your start time and expect you to be there or get written up.

Pros

coworkers

Cons

ALL management, favortism, scheduling

Seems good going in, but wasn't nearly as inclusive and diverse as marketed to me before employment

I am struggling with a difficult to diagnose unknown disability that causes hypermobility of the joints, dislocations, hyperextensions, etc. Working at Lowes, I was reprimanded for being 5 min late from a break while I was working on crutches with a doctor note. I was also lied to about my right to wear my knee braces without repeat doctor notes. I was placed outdoors all summer in95 degree+ weather, and had a heat stroke due to the lack of AC and their refusal to rotate shifts as policy expects. I would spend entire 8 hour shifts in the heat. I had a second heat stroke and then left suddenly as a result, feeling forced to quit or risk my health.

Productive and fun enviorment to work

The job was easy, the people are what stands out. We always had a good time at night with the crew we had. Never a dull moment. Management changed a few times but the core stayed the same Hours were good for the night crew, cant say the same for anyone throughout the day.

I worked at Lowes part time while I went to college. They worked with my school schedule. People and management are friendly and that makes for a easy work day.

Great!

I give this review a thumbs up. super easy and fast. took no time at all. the progress wasnt hard. I rate the review a 8/10. Very easy to understand and accomplish.

could have been better

Lowes isn't in its self a bad place. I had bad management that gave me poor raises for years. I understand that this is a customer based job, but at some point, you need to have your employees back and not blame them for everything thing.

It is a good company, depends on management.

I didn't care for the management at the location I worked for. The store manager is not approachable and that made the environment uncomfortable. The ASM that took over the front end is a know it all, been doing this for 25 years is her favorite line, and she came to work for Lowe's and made the front end worse with her attitude against her subordinates. I also worked for Lowe's in a different state and the store manager and ASM's were really good to work for, they were approachable, and were good to their employees. I miss working at that location.

Pros

Benefits and pay

Slow paced low effort work environment

Mostly waiting time and watching the clock tick. Coworkers were often late and late from lunches. Management was never around or helpful. Poor scheduling ultimately led to my 2 weeks notice

Poor people management

Lowe's as a company and what they offer is a very good place to shop, with well informed employees who offer very good customer service. On the other hand working there is a completely different thing. Employees are treated like cogs in a system that are replaceable. Management is rude and impersonal, management often lack people skills. Employees are often expected to perform task intended for more than one individuals by themselves which honestly creates an unsafe work environment. You are often expected to do more than your job description requires with no extra compensation, its a place of backbreaking work with little compensation. Employees on the other hand create their own family environment where most individuals and department work together. I honestly would look forward to meeting my coworkers everyday (not including management). The most enjoyable part of the job for me, was interacting with my customers.

Pros

May vary for each individual. Main pro for me was the employee discount

Cons

Poor people management, unsafe work environment.

Installed sales office

Somewhat higher stress atmosphere at times. You need to be a critical thinker and quick decision maker if you want to make it in this department. No sales numbers to hit, no commission, but hours are great (7-4, 8-5,, 9-6, one Saturday a month).

Pros

Hours, schedule

fun

nice place to work lax as far as retail goes good manager support a lot happens around the store lots of different position for employment and a very diverse requirements

Horrible GM

If they can get rid of the general manager, the store will pick up in sales, they wouldn't constantly have to hire. Not a very racially diverse store. Need to train managers in empathy

Pros

good pay and benefits

Cons

hirrible management

Ok to fill in blanks

Can’t live on the pay. No performance incentives. Very little training in any department they assign you to. Seems to be unwilling to solve problems or listen to suggestions that would make the department run better.

Pros

Free coffee. Some free meals at times

Cons

Pay

it a fun job

it laid back jobs it teachs you different things in life and how to have a bigger outsight on life show u how to get your house in order and i love helping and seeing smile on other faces

Management Doesn't care about any employee

Wichita falls store has a horrible store manager and ASM's are clueless and will never recommend Lowe's to anyone for employment, no communication what so ever and they always blame the lower employee just to save there butts

Pros

It's a job

Cons

No job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lowe's Home Improvement. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

12.2K

InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight