Lowe's Employee Reviews

11.6K
Found 27,023 reviews matching the search See all 27,855 reviews
Extremely exhausting
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHAugust 16, 2018
If you make it through the warm orientation and are choosen to work in shipping... DON'T you will regret it! Going in I already stated to the hiring recruiter that I knew I wasn't cut out for shipping based on previous jobs working in that department. But I knew they were already short staffed in shipping so I said heck why not start off while my foot is in the door and show that I'm a good worker. Thinking that if I stayed and at least made it through peak season there would for sure be openings for a department I would be much more suitable for and could excel...I was WRONG! I made it past the probationary period and was hired in and yet there wasn't any chance in sight of moving departments. So naturally I'm going to become frustrated, I already didn't like shipping from the jump, I'm exhausted from OT from peak and any concerns I brought forth to a "coach" or HR of my dwindling ability to carry on has mostly been ignored. Meanwhile im starting to understand why there seems to be a perpetual state of being under staffed. They expect too much, too fast from new employees so people tend to call off or leave early and that piles more work on other employees and they call off and leave early and the can is always being kicked down the road. So people eventually quit or point out, I've literally seen hoards of people in and out of shipping in the short amount of time I was there. It's madness!!!
Money isn't always the leading incentive and motivating factor to retaining employees, but both money and ones general happiness is.
Cons
#1 Lack of respect and consideration
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CA 95212August 16, 2018
Good place to work if you’re looking for a job in retailer. The team is always helpful and supportive. The customers are friendly and you can always see interesting projects being purchased as a cashier.
High strest hours change weekly between 4 to 8 hour days. Work 7 days a week
Costumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NCAugust 15, 2018
A typical day at work can start at 7am to 12 noon and can be 4 to 8 hours. If you start at 7am you have to do
(Rips) or stock replacment and help customers,answer
Phones. You may also may have yo help customers in
Differnt departments. The hardest part is doing the
Rips before 10:00am.To keep management happy.
Pros
Meeting new people daily
Cons
Keeeping management happy
Lowes is Changing
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  MissouriAugust 15, 2018
Lowes has changed dramatically over the last several years. No operational focus, no training for new employees and no knowledgeable staff. A few long time employees are left with the only knowledge and with such short staffing, no opportunities to train. You hire them and throw them out on the floor because you desperately need the help.
Great company
Live Nursery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 15, 2018
Good company, caring, easy to communicate with. Work hard and they are there to help you. I feel they always have my back. Lowe's got me through a difficult time in my life.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Work holidays
Very good place to at.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 15, 2018
Invironments there are good no tension. Fast paced. Management works with you. Store has their hr manager there. Open door policy. Fun place to work at always having cookouts for our 60 days no accidents.
Pros
Learn a lot.
Cons
Call buttons go off and no one is there. Kids playing around.
Great company to work for!
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSAugust 15, 2018
I worked with Lowes for 8 years, it helped me get through college and offered me a full time job when i graduated. There is room to move up and they offer many management tiers (lower,middle and upper).
Pros
Great Coworkers, Flexible work times/positions, Get to work with contractors, You will learn alot about construction trades
Cons
Rotating schedule, no overtime/commission, only one weekend off a month.
Lowe's Review
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXAugust 15, 2018
Working at Lowe's could be either dreadful or very rewarding. If your store manager did not work, it would probably be a good day. Management at Lowe's they do not lead by example. I know managers there talk behind each others backs with employees about how bad each of them are. Most of them don't want to work at all and will send someone else to take care of customers when customers want to speak to management. The store I worked at had about six very dedicated and hard working employees. There was 120 employees there. Every one of the six hard workers were well known to everybody. Those people were the ones to hold the sale and store together. Management would never let those people advance on the excuse that they were too valuable on the sales floor. It was more like they didn't want them to take their do nothing jobs. The most enjoyable part of the Lowe's experience is helping customers get tasks completed themselves. With good advice from your own knowledge was very rewarding.
Pros
10% off purchases
Cons
Management was aweful
Self Preservation
Customer Service Associate II (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14221August 15, 2018
Management promised advancement and job opportunities. Lies. The managers are not leaders, they are bosses. Everyone believe that they are entitled to being treated with respect, regardless of their actual performance. No one takes their job seriously. It is like being in High School but for grown ups.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
Management sucks
Fast Paced
Load Puller (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDAugust 15, 2018
Was a good place to work and would work there again if I had to. Customer service can be really stressful other than that it was a good job and came with fair wage increases.
customer service
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXAugust 15, 2018
good space to learn and interact with customer.differnt hours so you can work and go to school, just the late night shift are not good if you have kids.
Great Place to Work, TEAMWORK !!
Customer Service/ Assembler (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2018
I Miss working there. . . Great place to work. The People and Team members make all worth wild. . . customers are almost too simple to assist. . . They Know what they go in for. . .At times it's as easy as taking them or guiding them to where the merchandise is at and Helping them load. . .
Decent job
Team Member/ Yard Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  North Vernon, INAugust 15, 2018
Benefits are EXPENSIVE. Overall a good place to work. Management is poor at times and limited advancement is available. All jobs are paid the same except maintenance or management. Best part is the 4 day work weeks.
Pros
4 day workweeks
Cons
Bunch of Overtime in Spring Time, Poor Management at Times, expensive insurance
not a good place to work
dept. supervisor (Former Employee) –  Commack, NYAugust 15, 2018
not a good place when you reach higher salary levels you become targeted. Unless your a cool-aid drinker don,t expect to with them long term. They continue to reinvent the "insanity" wheel ,, you know doing the same things over and over that didn't work at other companies and expecting different results. they don't have a personality as a company
Productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 15, 2018
I loved working there just had to leave cause of colon surgery and it limits my abilities but the management is very well and benefits were also very good except for medical for my condition
Pros
Benefits and raises and good management
Cons
N/a
It is a good place to work for someone whom is going to college.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNAugust 15, 2018
Being a mother of two children, I have needed something full-time since I started. I have yet been able to get a full-time position here after three years of talking to management and HR about it. They typically can work with your schedule or will put you somewhere where they can work with your schedule. It is a friendly environment to work.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXAugust 15, 2018
It was a very fast-paced job and gave me a lot of good starting experience. I was very excited to expand my customer service attributes. There always seems something to do so you would never get bored.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Hot
Great work atmosphere
Customer Service Associate in OSLG (Former Employee) –  Apex, NC 27502August 15, 2018
Great managers. An amazing atmosphere working there. They give employees a discount for working. They also provide free drink for employees who are working in the heat.
Pros
Great management
a days work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAAugust 15, 2018
it was a nice work area. they were about the team it was not fast paced. you did work on your own time and what you got done was always noticed. im happy to have had the opportunity
I currently work at Lowe's, it's a good place to work
Recieving Associate (Current Employee) –  Yukon, OKAugust 15, 2018
I like working at Lowe's. The job is not super stressful, my coworkers are really nice, the management is pretty good and the pay is fair in my opinion.