Lowe's Employee Reviews

11.5K
Found 26,431 reviews matching the search See all 27,242 reviews
Stressful Place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 19, 2018
Lowes is a good company to work for if you are going to school they are flexible with your schedule and if you are looking for full time they like to hire within the company. The management is okay in the company, but in order to work here you need extensive knowledge on products for home improvement.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Require extensive knowledge to work there
Good company for experience
Business Analyst/Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJuly 19, 2018
Maternity leave is very less
No Work life balance
no promotions
frequent layoffs
poor offshore management
less bonus

was able to work with cross-functional teams
Greeter
Lowe’s greeter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2018
Being an Greeter at Lowe’s Home Improvement it was a excellent position. The company was fair gave you 10% discount off all your items the people in there was respectful and helpful and kind.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Great company to work for
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYJuly 18, 2018
Lowes is a wonderful company to work for. They provide you with many advancement opportunities. The greatest thing about working there was the peers you worked with.
Productive, buay
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 18, 2018
Ok job for someone young without many bills. Busy at times, cold and very hot inside of warehouse. Very slow towards the end of the year and there's a cut of hours.
Pros
Regular work schedule, good benefits
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
Poor management and lazy coworkers
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE Il (Current Employee) –  Morehead City, NC 28557July 18, 2018
It seems the lazy employees get away with everything, gossip like high schoolers, poor lazy management. No teamwork or communication. Management stays hidden in the office and when they have to do anything it’s an inconvenience. No appreciation for hardworking employees.
A place where though chaotic, will help you finish that project
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 18, 2018
As a associate working at the front end, my job is mainly to cash out customers as well as work the Customer Service Desk doing returns and such. The store I work at can be quite chaotic at times, but the other staff do their best against such great odds to help each customer love where they live. I'm glad I'm part of this team, and can't wait to see it get better over time.
Pros
10% employee discount
Deli Associate
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCJuly 18, 2018
I worked in the deli preparing various prepared meats, cheeses, and pasta dishes. We cut and weighed a large variety of deli meats to meet the customers needs.
upper management could do better
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNJuly 18, 2018
the store I worked at; most the people were enjoyable to work with, got along great with my manager, due to under-staffing I would often have customers asking me questions specific to whatever department I would happen to be walking through that I couldn't answer
working at lowes was a great experience for me
Hardware store (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEJuly 18, 2018
My typical day at Lowes was Clock in and go down to my department to see what needs to be done. There were many times when soon as you clock in and walk down to your department, already your employers had you working. The management there was not too bad at all. But they would put too much work on us to do that was unnecessary. The hardest part about that Job was dealing with Rude Customers and also employees attitudes there . The most enjoyable about Lowes is they would show their appreciation towards their employees. Especially on Holidays. Anytime the Store makes sales, they would have food such as Pizza, pasta, Hamburgers & Hotdogs, Ice cream etc for us.
Pros
appreciation surprises they would have in the breakroom
Cons
dealing with Rude customers
Unpredicttable
Electrical Pro (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 18, 2018
The hours are terrible. The scheduling is so awful that its literally impossible to do anything with you "free time". Your "corporate scheduling rotation" is made up on the fly.
Overall a great place to work.
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 18, 2018
Lowe's was overall a great place to work. I learned a lot about different merchandise and equipment. I learned things about finishing, fixtures, wood, and so much more.
Pros
Great job
Good seasonal job, what you would expect
Seasonal Outside Lawn and Garden (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJJuly 18, 2018
This was a very fast paced job, which was expected for a seasonal summer job in the garden center. There was always something to do and the shifts flew by. Some of the management was wonderful, while other "managers" were lacking and you couldn't help but wonder how they got into their position. I loved working with the plants, since I am a hobby gardener at home. I hated that Lowe's was a much more wasteful company than I ever would've thought.
Pros
Fast-paced
Cons
Wasteful
fast paces and heavy lifting
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 18, 2018
receiving a truck is a little difficult everything is loaded from floor up and everything is unloaded by hand with the exception of pallets that are wrapped. and everything has to be unloaded before the night stockers get in.
Pros
able to work receiving and stocking crew
Cons
not enought time to unload the truck
A fun place to work.
Unloder/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2018
A fast pace fun place to work. Great Customers. Always something to do. Offers pot luck, holiday meals brought in for those who were working on those days.
Pros
always busy.
Cons
No full time oppounities advaible.
Constant redirection from mangement and customers
Live Nursery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJuly 18, 2018
After restructure there was no longer a chance for promotion. All departments are required to work with fewer and fewer employees. Moral was low when I decided to leave.
Pros
Good health insurance and paid time off.
Cons
More responsibilities given to each employee
Poor management. Peoples safety sacrificed to please big boss
Overnight Stocking Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLJuly 18, 2018
Not well staff to get the job done so extra work falls on people there for making it a safety concern for the employees. Managers do not train people and they train people selectively instead of consistently
Sucks working here
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJuly 18, 2018
The only thing Lowe's has is their pay and benefits. The managers always side with the customer even when the customer is wrong and rude. It makes the employee look and feel worthless.
Not ideal
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAJuly 18, 2018
Poor staffing leads to constant changing hours and roles. Employees will be required to fulfill roles that they weren't hired for with no training or the benefit of the pay difference. If you want to work at place where they throw inexperienced people into positions at the expense of employees and customers, this is the job for you.

Side note: One day we had a bunch of call outs. I was told to be on register for my whole shift. During my shift, management had to come to the register because of pricing disputes and missing UPC's. Three times in that one day a customer remarked something along the line of "I am sorry you have to work with that guy"...These were simple issues that no one was to blame for but the attitude shown to the customer and myself was HORRIBLE.
Pros
Holiday discount
Cons
Poor management, disappointing hours and shift changes, luck of the draw responsibilities, bad attitudes from management.
Sales Associate in paint (Former Employee) –  Glenmont, NYJuly 18, 2018
The story I worked at hire people that did nothing, managers there never on the same page so nothing was consistent. I did not got treated good when I worked there and managers did not care to help the situation. My store was always under staffed so I alway got told that I would have to do others peoples job and do my job and half the time I was the only one in my department, I did not get paid enough to do other people’s job. Most of the time they got paid more then me. Over all I meat some wonderful people that I’m still friends with but other then that I did not have a good experience working at Lowe’s.
Pros
Safety party, holiday party’s, raffles.
Cons
Pay, managers