Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 29,995 reviews matching the search See all 30,979 reviews
Good management but poor work ethics among employees
Part-time Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNFebruary 17, 2019
The management I worked with were good. The work ethics of the employees, too often, were poor. Lazy, back-bitters and gossipers, unkind. Too much laziness and not enough concern for the upkeep of the workplace creating a pleasant shopping environment for shoppers. Sad.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Bad work ethics in too many employees
I loved working at lowes i just wish i was woking there permanently.
Cashier, customer service,cash office (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia County, PAFebruary 17, 2019
I loved it i just wish it was a permanent position but it was a seasonal job i am looking for a permanent job and i would love to work back there but i had to find a different job.
Very friendly place to work
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Logan, WVFebruary 17, 2019
Lowe's is a very friendly and close knit place to work. Co-workers seem almost like a big family. The only downside to working at Lowe's is it's very hard to move up from a part-time position to full-time. Part-time workers are offered no benefits and inconsistent hours during the winter months.
Average
Head Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greeley Co.February 17, 2019
Day at work:
Answered customer questions regarding merchandise and pricing.
Determined customer needs by asking relevant questions and listening actively to the responses. Processed payments, refunds and corrected purchases and discounted items.
Management: Average
Workplace culture: Diverse
Most enjoyable: Assisting customers, learning about human relations, products and ability to problem solve for a good outcome.
Pros
Customer relations
Cons
Poor communication, retail work schedule, no family time, worked holidays
Lowes was a fun place to work, I met a lot of intereting people and alwasys had a good time.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 17, 2019
My time at Lowes was great. The only thing I did not agree with was that while here I was looking over an entire part of the store, but was not given a supervisor roll.
Always Short Staffed
Live Nursery Specialist (Former Employee) –  California, MDFebruary 17, 2019
Great store, but most employees are not given the training needed to do their jobs effectively. Managers are stretched so thin that you can see how stressed out they are all the time. People that actually care about their job and work hard are given a hard time, where as people who don't care are treated like Angel's. Don't make waves or express you opinion. They will find a way to get rid of you.
Pros
Always busy so day goes fast
Cons
Lack of experienced management and employees
Productive fun and fast pace
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 17, 2019
It’s an excellent company to work for with a lot of growth within the company. Amazing work Environment with friendly employees who are always willing to help and go above and beyond.
The CEO at the time wasn't a Leader and didn't know how to surround himself with good people.
Program Manager (contract) (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCFebruary 16, 2019
The CEO reorg'd. at least once per year indicating he didn't know how to select quality people.He also didn't hold his direct reports accountable. Very few Leaders at this company from mid to executive management.
Pros
Great company with tons of potential
Cons
Lack of Leadership.
Excellent Place to Work
Human Resources Service Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCFebruary 16, 2019
Employee focused company. Great benefits. Corporate Headquarters is a great environment. Many opportunities to grow within and outside your area of expertise.
Not worth it!
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Minersville, PAFebruary 16, 2019
The management is for them selves. They rather get rid of you to save money on team members if they get to a certain point in of there service.then if they don't like you you are gone if you are a butt kisser you stay!
Pros
Employees
Fun and career advancing
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCFebruary 16, 2019
Working at Lowe's was a great experience . The management team was very helpful. The hours were never very extensive or harsh . Working for the company was a very social experience. I would enjoy working again for Lowe's.
Pros
10℅ employee discount, 401k, paid vacation
Typical day/ week at Lowe's
Lumber Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 16, 2019
My Typical week at Lowe's is not too special. I'm usually scheduled for 4-6 days a week, seeing as I'm part time. The days are usually 7-9 hours with an hour lunch at some point in my shift.

My Typical day at Lowe's is simple. I clock in, Go to mt department and work. I try my best to keep my working area clean and clear of tripping hazards.
Pros
Hour long Lunch. Driving power equipment.
Cons
Management. Pay rate. Co workers.
Gain experience
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 16, 2019
You can gain a great deal of experience to prepare you for greater opportunities if you apply yourself. Advancement is hard unless you have friends and they like you.
Pros
Great pay depending departments
Cons
Management constantly promoting bias
A company that serves the customer and employee
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAFebruary 16, 2019
Over the last several years, Lowe's has truly become a company of servant leadership. this has translated into serving our customers and communities. The customer is at the heart of what we do.
Good values
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 16, 2019
Typical job related hurdles but an overall good environment with many benefits, room for advancement, community resources and educational availability.
Do your research
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 15, 2019
Lowe's is a decent company to work for, but do your research before signing on. If you hear rumors... believe them. As with all companies, there are pros & cons; however, Lowe's is ridiculously horrible at change. In my experience, they move on the idea before fully fleshing out how it will be implemented, making it a mess. They also love to do things last minute, and pile on initiatives with no clear direction.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
No work-life balance for managers, poor change management, unrealistic goals
Lowe’s was always a fun workplace that I loved going to everyday.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARFebruary 15, 2019
When I walked into Lowe’s I already knew I’d have a good day. It was my favorite place to be. Quick paced, always busy, great customers, loved my coworkers and managers.
Pros
Cons
Would have liked better pay.
Fun experience
Appliance Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAFebruary 15, 2019
It was a fun experience but not really for me the work is easy and they provide a nice way to give you a career of a lifetime I honestly thought I would stay longer.
lowe's
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  McCandless, PAFebruary 15, 2019
Lowe's was a great place to work. The people were great and everyone was willing to help. Customers were even great. Management was helpful and willing to promote.
Pros
Promotions, management, Ceo
Cons
Pay and benefits
Disappointing.
Tools Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Lunas, NMFebruary 15, 2019
I can honestly that I enjoyed my coworkers and flexibility with my national guard schedule, but that is where the good things ended for me. A job that pays roughly 10.50 an hour and expects you to operate a register system, operate powered equipment (including forklift) inventory, cycle count, cut glass and plexiglass, re-key locks (locksmith work) cut wood and chain, to make keys, provide customer service, downstock merchandise, load heavy merchandise, ect. The work is simply not worth the pay and getting a raise is worse than pulling teeth.
Management never backs you up and creates a customer mentality that expects discounts if they complain enough.
Advancement only for favorites and is not based on merit at all. A coworker of mine who had worked for them for 10 years applied to be a sales specialist and was passed up by a temporary employee who had no experience and had been with the company for 4 months. Stay away from here and don't become a part of the toxic and lazy culture.
Pros
Some cookouts, can get away with anything and not get fired (unless a manager doesn't like you)
Cons
Culture of laziness, low pay, will not give 40 hours even if you are full time.

59K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

47%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

56%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss