Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 28,954 reviews matching the search See all 29,853 reviews
Great Company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 13, 2018
Great Company to work for and very cool management at each location. The company really cares about its employees and wants to see them succeed in the best way possible.
Loved the early mornings
AM Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CADecember 13, 2018
I had a good team to unload and restock all of the merchandise for the company. The managers were really strict on stuff that we had to do and the time that we had to do it in and most of them were unrealistic
Good
Part-Time Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 13, 2018
I enjoyed opening the department and interacting with customers and fellow employees. I liked the garden dept. because I was able to spend considerable time outdoors. Workplace culture was great. Sometimes it was a challenge working in winter (occasional freezing) and summer (a few days over 100 degrees). I thought there were a few too many managers to answer to and the managers had a habit of cutting employees hours drastically(without notice) when sales were down. That was the reason I left (my last week I was cut to 12 hours).
Pros
free lunches when sales qoutas were met.
Cons
No notice when our hours wereto be cut or when our work schedules were changed..
Stressful high tempo work environment
Service Manager II (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNDecember 13, 2018
Good job, little recognition for giving up family time to further departments - worked for 17 years at company, giving up numerous family hours with no support from local or regional hr
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Little support from hr
Probably the worst place ive worked
Outside Lawn and Garden sales associate (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MD 20601December 13, 2018
They only hire you part time but work you 1 hour under full time so they don't have to give you benefits. The management was horrible and frankly rude. They didn't work well with my school schedule causing me to cut back on classes because i either couldn't make the classes or they weren't working me enough so i could pay for classes. You get write ups for being more then 8 minutes late every time, also when you work before the store opens, they make you stand outside and knock until they feel like opening the door, usually resulting in clocking in late and getting a write up. I do not recommend working for the lowes in Waldorf.
Fun and productive place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 13, 2018
My job is not hard although it is very hard for advancment in this company. I completed my college degree and still no advancement or pay increases!
Pros
Monday - Friday schedule
Cons
Raises stop after they feel you have topped out
Cashier
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 13, 2018
I really enjoyed working as a cashier for Lowes it was swarm experience to walk snf help customers fine the items they needed as well as to set up their delivery orders and to ring their item to.
Pros
Cons
N/a
A solid, great company
Loss Prevention/Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 13, 2018
A great place to work and get a firm understanding of all things loss prevention. They really take in the whole perspective of all things loss prevention related from safety to operational loss.
Decent place to work for temporary work.
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYDecember 13, 2018
The experience varied, due to management changes, with personalities. The staff in charge of shifts needs more effective methods. Placing employees, in different sectors without proper Safety methods, and skills needs to be more efficient.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Diverse working conditions, without training in various departments.
Job ok
Sales Assoc (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX, USDecember 13, 2018
The job itself was your typical home improvement type job, interacting with customers. The hours of work were all over the place which i didn't like so much.
worst job ever.
sales, customers service (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 13, 2018
Many managers who work in a zone type setting, most have no clue how to manage and interact with others. Like the rest of the workers they have no or little prior knowledge of the products and how they are used. On your feet on hard concrete all day. Half of all new hires quit within 60 days, wow.
Pros
Cons
most things
Install Office
INSTALL SALES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CADecember 13, 2018
Working in the install office as a coordinator has been great. It does give a challenging workplace that makes each day different. The management is great for the most part a few bad managers but that will be the same anywhere. As long as you go to work and actually do your job it's a great place to work.
Pros
1hour lunch breaks, store parties which gets better based on how well the store is doing. Lots of room to grow
Treated me very well.Ive learned a lot here.
Assistant store manager (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MADecember 13, 2018
Company is very respectful of its people .Diversity is very important.My management style is based on coaching and development .Lowes has given me great opportunities and everything I’ve learned I’ve implemented into my management style.
Productive, Active
Inside Lawn and Garden Associate (Former Employee) –  Middletown, DEDecember 12, 2018
Lowe’s was a fun place to work. Every associate in each department was kind and helped make the customer experience better each time. Customer satisfaction was the main goal when working there.
Lots of change
Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganDecember 12, 2018
Company is changing at a rapid pace. New CEO is making a lot of changes to company structure. If you can handle change at a rapid pace it can be a good place to work. There is career opportunities to grow. Managers can make very good salary with bonus potential
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
To few associates to complete daily tasks
High school all over again
Head Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Heath, OHDecember 12, 2018
The management is a joke. The environment between coworkers is toxic, and only made worse because there is nonin syore HR any more. The term "too many hens in the henhouse" comes to mind.
Management picks favorites, and they are habitually understaffed.
Pros
10% discount.
Cons
Poor management, vicious co workers, understaffed. No in House HR
not much growth
Sales Specialist Millwork (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 12, 2018
its a job not a career the hours for a full time associate do not leave much time for a life outside of work the. pay is fair but not exceptional and the raises are not great at all
Great Environment
Department Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GADecember 12, 2018
Low supervision and very customer focused environment that requires constant engagement, plenty to learn as most of the other employees all have something they specialize in and can teach you.
Pros
Free roam environment
Cons
Sporadic work schedule.
Service Manager
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandDecember 12, 2018
The typical workday depends on what day it is. The Service Manager position is mostly engaged in change leadership. Corporate Lowe's directs the company in a certain direction for what seems like a brief period of time and the service manager position is responsible for relaying this to the employees that report to him/her.

You won't have much of an opportunity to create your own culture within your zone, but you will have the ability to interact with your reports daily and utilize their diversity to really drive a results-oriented structure in some regards. At the time of writing this review, Lowe's is currently focused on operations which means a lot of paperwork and process following. It's easy, but not engaging.

The four-week schedule matrix works for some and doesn't work for others. You have a six day work week followed by a four day, four day, three day, three day, and three day work week. I really enjoy the schedule but some people would like the standard M-F, 8-5.

Home improvement customers can be rather entitled but this is one of the more rewarding and engaging retail jobs to work in as you can really help someone create the home they want.

Overall, if you're looking to work your way through school or enjoy a median-income job with enough room for advancement, Lowe's is a good place to work.
Pros
Flexible schedule, family atmosphere, ability to help customers love where they live
Cons
Skeleton crew scheduling, a lot of paperwork
Working at Lowes
Front Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 12, 2018
Had a great experience at Lowes , did a great job stocking and cleaning the store, got the carts in there right place, i was your go to man. I left the job because my son came into this world.

58.8K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Lowe's.

Powered by Comparably