Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 28,151 reviews matching the search See all 29,015 reviews
Low Pay, Poor Management, Disappearing Co-workers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 21, 2018
My time at Lowe's was short. I was signed on as "seasonal," but the job was even shorter than that. Due to the store making less revenue than expected, several workers were let go, starting with the most recent hires (me).
Daily work was stressful,due to a tendency for co-workers to vanish after punching in and leaving you without much help. Also, there was little training for the position. It turned out I was expected to take special orders for things like patio furniture, but was never given training on how to do so. Customers were not amused.
Overall impression would be a real lack of management, training, or decent pay
Pros
fairly flexible schedule
Cons
No one minding the store
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Lunas, NMOctober 21, 2018
Great place to work with a team that felt like family. Just not enough pay
As well as I had to relocate as I had moved. Okay benefits could be better
Reliable, positive and systematic
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 20, 2018
Fair hours and a delightful staff. Always felt taken care of. The management went out of their way to make sure everyone was comfortable. I could preform at the best of my abilities in my stable work environment.
Pros
stable hours, flexible
Cons
sometimes poor communication
Good
Truck Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 20, 2018
Learn how to work a forklift and heavy equipment, great team to work and learn with , easy going reliable supervisors , happy to if had that job , good company to work for
Services
Customer Service Associate - Weekend Only (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INOctober 20, 2018
One of the biggest problems we had was there weren't enough people to be trained for certain services. I worked in the lumber department, so there were often people who bought entire pallets of concrete or bundles of wood. Training for the forklift is optional but when you need a driver, that becomes a problem.
Other services we offered were board cutting, glass cutting, key cutting chain/rope cutting, blind cutting. I felt bad for any customers who need blinds cut, and there were a lot of people, because I wasn't trained on the blind cutter. They had station days sometimes so you can learn to do that, but I was weekend only and they had the stations during the week. Even if I was at work during station day, it had to be when you're not busy. I was never not busy.
I suggest that we should be trained on everything and then it can be up to use if we're uncomfortable to operate something. Having everyone trained is so that there won’t be a time when customers can’t get concrete because the people who can drive a forklift are not there.
Pros
Friendly people, I liked driving the forklift
Cons
Not being able to help customers with things I don't understand like plumbing.
it was exciting and a good income was possiable
Project Specialist Interiors/Sales (Current Employee) –  MNOctober 20, 2018
The turn over among employees is unbelievable. The store is way understaffed, and everyone is stressed. Although they say they are customer focused, my experience they are strictly sales $ based,
They have a tendency to be very male orientated in management, I believe there is a Good old' Boy culture is rampant in Lowe's
Most have moved their way up the ranks and have never worked else where, but with that the lack of a true perception of the outside world it has its own culture. It seems to be a manager you are to be ego based, and have no education but only what Lowe's tells you to think.
Pros
it was a wonderful program when I was hired
Cons
they restructured my postion, cut my pay, increased my job duties, and my manager was incompentent.
I worked at Lowes so that I could go to school full time and work full time
Performance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OROctober 20, 2018
I would not recommend this company due to the lack of advancement and the way management treated their employees.

I worked there for 7 years and although I did jobs above my pay grade they did not promote me and treated employees like they were easily replaceable. Which may be true but not the way to treat employees
A Great Place To Work!
Customer Service Associate/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHOctober 20, 2018
I was with Lowe's for over 15 years and loved it until I did something stupid and got fired. As with any place, there is some negatives, but overall this was a great place for anyone to work. You were trained well for any job you applied for, the pay is very good and fair, the paid time off is exceptional and there is always room for advancement and more training. Very positive atmosphere for the most part. The mail thing I didn't like was some lack of communication at times. However, I would recommend it to anyone
Pros
Great pay and benefits, room for advancement
Cons
Some lack of communication.
Typical retail environment
Service / Support Manager (SSM) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 20, 2018
Not going to Razzle-Daz you into believing it is different than other retail professions, it is not. Difference comes into play with decent benefits and lots of opportunities for advancement.
Good Job
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCOctober 20, 2018
I worked the night shift at Lowes. The co-workers were nice, but the job is hard. If you can't lift heavy stuff, then this job is not for you. Night Stock involved doing day shift's job on top of the nightly trucks.
Good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 20, 2018
It is a good place to work, you will learn a lot. The environment is great, people are great and the company is great. You will love it there go a head and apply.
Productive workplace
Customer Service/ Retail (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXOctober 20, 2018
I get paid well and they work with my hours I need to be able to get my kids to and from school. Also to be able to have care on the weekends is hard and they work with me on that.
tired of doing this
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNOctober 19, 2018
I worked here part time as a second job to supplement income and make a little extra money. It was many years ago. I am tired of doing these reviews.
Good Job
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAOctober 19, 2018
Lowes was a comfortable job to have for a few years as I was trying to figure out what to do with my career. They did have opportunities for advancement, however, holidays and weekends were mandatory. With a growing family, I was in much more need for more stability at work, and it was with a heavy heart that I left Lowes.
The manages are kind and understanding, and most of them have worked their way up from low end position.
I definitely plan on returning to Lowes as a part timer during my retirement years.
Pros
discount (10%), first dibs on clearance items
Cons
weekends, holidays
i enjoyed my job and loved meeting new customers.
sales specialist and customer service manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 19, 2018
there's no guess work about what is expected of you everyday.there's a checklist of duties needed and one for end of the day completions. training is always going on. the room for advancement can be slow because the older employees stays and the job opening are few in between.in the store that i was in 80% of us did rack setting ,stocked the shelves and floors. we became like a close family.
Pros
learning how to support all depts in the store, which helped the customers
Cons
not having enough help on the floor at the wrong time of day.
Active work day different every day
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 19, 2018
Lowe's was a fun place to work for and I still want to work for it. But they cap salaries making it difficult to advance and the rotating work schedule make it difficult to find a second job.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Rotating work schedule, salary caps, no original thinking.
Can be a great work environment
Customer Service Associate I (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAOctober 19, 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with at lowes. Great, driven,ambitious people. I learned how to advance my power-equipment talents that'll last a lifetime. The hardest part of the job was the management! They are very unprofessional and not strong leaders. Which makes the team lack.
Pros
Friendly Evironment
Cons
Poor Managment
Lowes is rated a 100% guarantee
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSOctober 19, 2018
Great working environment , good benefits, loved working with Customers and taking care of them.Sales, Ordering, Deliveries and Teamwork makes the Business. Promoting credit as well. With me being a Sales Specialist for ten years at the Pro Desk we always had Appreciation Day for Business Customers to promote Credit Promotions,Business,Sales and how much Lowe’s appreciate the daily Business.
Pros
Appreciation Day every quarter free lunch for Business Customers
It was okay workplace
Deli manager (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCOctober 19, 2018
I loved until I moved to mt. Veiew store... Poeple hated me because I made them work and they couldnt stand around like other managers let them do in the past
Pros
Bemfits
Cons
No paid overtime
A stable place to work with other quality employees and management.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 19, 2018
Pre-opening shifts are challenging but are an opportunity to fine tune your productivity. Employee camaraderie is strong, and managers are reliable and friendly.
Pros
Flexible break times
Cons
No benefits

58.5K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

47%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

56%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss