Lowe's
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Lowe's:

Lowe's Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA153 reviews
Lowes was the first job i had ever applied for. The managers taught me valuable work experience and the work culture was one of determination, but also learning.
I love working at Lowe’s. Felt like it was a family. Everyone got along and management was outstanding. Got vacation sick leave. They work with you if you have any personal problems
Pros
Great customer
Cons
Working at Lowes you learn a lot. You learn how to be good at customer service and at sales. You learn how to pitch the sale and how to close a sale. Other associates are like family.
Had experience of stocking and customer service. I got experience on picker including communication skills. It prepares individual to be hard worker and love of job
The summary was easy to navigate. The questions easy to answer. I felt it was efficient. I love sight and was able to explain the way I felt about a job I loved.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
There are just a bunch of closed-minded rednecks who are ignorantly judging the moment you step inside the store; not just customers, new workers as well.

"Profit, Profit, Profit!!" for working $13 an hour at a hardware store that has no social class in society .....

You also need to greet Every Single Customer, Just in case he/she wants to steal; not because you want to be 'genuine' and deliver socially acceptable service.

On & on & on ... and I have only gone through training!!!!!!!! Low-class, profiteering, ignorant-people working company. (Thus, although Coronavirus is alive and well, HHUGE preference to be jobless....)
I enjoyed working there, most if all I had the opportunity to learn more on the customer service side and learned to be more organized for future employers.
I actually loved being on the contractor side because during the summer we had people constantly coming into get 30 bags of 60-80 lb of concrete at a time I remember telling the other loaders I was able to load the trucks with out any help I looked at It as my workout for the day combination of loading concrete and running around the parking lot stacking as many carts as possible. One of the loaders that had been in that same position would tell me "stop working so hard your making the rest of us look bad". I would just smile and say I'm just trying to get to the end of the day. One of my managers came outside and told me they wanted to give me a raise but couldn't pay me more money to do the same job so they Gave me the building maintenance position witch came with a $3 raise I liked the money but I didn't like how I was no longer responsible for loading the 60-80 lb concrete bags because doing it that way I did it put me in the best physical shape id had ever been in.
Pros
got in best shape of my life because I pushed myself a lot harder then I needed to
Cons
no cons I learned a lot about myself
It depends on which shift you have as far as primary responsibilities. Opening associates execute inventory replenishment and walk department for any safety issues. Work any freight with a focus on customer flow. Assist customers with finding product, providing solution to meet their needs - offer installation and delivery services. Time management is a necessary skill, to be able to complete daily tasks while balancing customer service. Maintain a clean and fully stocked department.
Pros
Employee discount, discounted Stock Plan, decent health benefits, potential for quarterly bonuses
Cons
Most positions have days that start at 5a or end at 11p, Lowe's has improved scheduling to keep a set time frame
Lowe's is a decent company to work for, I just couldn't make it a career. However, I think they can do better with pay for some jobs. Upper level position should have more respect for the lower positions.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lowe's?
Most of my life I've spent in restaurants working for best chefs in the world. With that in mind you get burnt out so i applied to lowes. Worked outside garden co workers were extremely fun and enjoying talking with them however management was something else just lazy no work ethic. Your in 110 degree weather you have to pay for water.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Company once valued their associates as their greatest asset. Now the company is run mainly with shareholders in mind at associates expense. Work standards have also dropped dramatically as a direct result of newly misplaced values.
There have been a lot of changes at lowes with the company and the people who have worked there for a long time, not all of them positive. But I think they are trying to catch up with the future of the company.
Lowes seem to take care of their employee's. The store is always busy which makes the time go by fast. My coworkers are great to work with and easy going.
left work due to an work injury, management considered me a liability, otherwise a good place to work. I would go back to Lowe's, but they wouldn't hire me back due to my workers comp claim.
Pros
good retirement benefits
Cons
very busy all the time
Lowe's is a good place to begin your work. You work as part of a team to unload the trucks and stock the merchandise. After the truck is complete, you spend the remaining time stocking the store and then you top-stock any remaining merchandise.
You need to make sure there is enough coverage on the floor in each department so that people are not overworked and your customers are taking care of
If you are good helping others, have patience and are willing to work hard this position is for you. Most People that work at Lowe's are very friendly and dedicated to their jobs.
Great place to work. Overnight management was pretty good and supportive. Was trained up on all power equipment and constantly had online training available to do. Having anywhere from 900-2000 piece trucks with 7 people not including managers could be pretty stressful at times.
Register software antiquated (DOS based instead of Windows). Not enough worker staff. Actually, not a bad place to work and fairly liberal about requesting time off.
Hardest part of the job was running a department as a sales floor associate because there was a lack of coverage. The best part of the job was making the customer's day and experience better.
11.1K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Lowe's.