Lowe's Employee Reviews

Good place
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GANovember 20, 2017
Company pay is good. Can always ask for help when needed. Great team support. Fast pace business. Everyday you came to work it was something different.
Pros
Learn new things
Cons
Hot
Work Life
Install Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VANovember 20, 2017
It was like being in high school again! Enough said right!!

Once you got past all that it was nice to work with so many different people/clients everyday. Including the same old contractors every morning!
Commercial Sales Puller (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 20, 2017
This job was very chaotic when referring to their management. We could leave when we wanted and could not take a lunch break. Some days we were required to work other sections in the store to make up for lack of employees. Just looking for a different job that will teach me and help me grow as a person and an employee.
Pros
Overtime and days off
Cons
Chaotic
I enjoy working for Lowe's just ready for a change.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Buford, GANovember 20, 2017
Just want to change get out of retail if possible and try something else. If possible would like to work as a Bank Teller or customer service person at a bank,
Pros
enjoy working for Lowe's
cool
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSNovember 20, 2017
cool place to work I enjoyed the people and customer service part of it The company has some good points but the STORE MGT has always got a way to cut cut cut and not reinvest in people
not a bad place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Sprague store Spokane, WANovember 20, 2017
i did actually enjoyed working with Lowe's. The people I worked with made it feel like a family environment, but when needed we people would make sure you know whats required of you. They understand that things outside of work happen and they are very helpful about working around life events.

The management made it seem like they actually cared about their fellow employees. The management would also throw parties or get together for the meetings and bring food and even hand out or raffle prizes. Usually everyone got a prize or something of that sort, there were very good efforts to try and be fair for everyone.

Overall it was a very welcoming environment to any and everybody, basically all the employees went out of their way to make fellow coworkers comfortable as well as the customers. Most walked around with a smile and not because they had to but because that was the atmosphere that made you want to smile.
Pros
the paid time off and the atmosphere and most management
Cons
some of the rules. shift times vary. you wont ever work the same times every week.
Fun
Paint -Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCNovember 20, 2017
Fun place to work though the management is sometimes sloppy. Overall great place to work. Great place to work if in college or need to have a very fexible schedule
Benefits
Cons
Workload
Good
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mustang, OKNovember 20, 2017
My review was good and I really enjoyed working there. Only issue I had was not enough hours and no room for improvement. I worked with people and I am a team player. thanks
Job changed after corporate re-structure
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  SDNovember 20, 2017
I loved working at Lowe's until the corporate re-structure in January. After that the store management hired and promoted by not based on past experience. I market Managers didn't hold to policy. The whole feel and culture in the store changed for the worse.
Product Service Associate
Product Service Associate (PSA) (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LANovember 20, 2017
As a product service associate, I was responsible in making sure all the planogram were up to date. I was also responsible for building and setting up the new displays for the products. Once the new products were out, my responsibility was to a make sure the stock was available to the customers on the shelf at all times.
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
lack of support from management
Experience in distribution for home improvement
Intern (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCNovember 20, 2017
Let's just say you'll get plenty of exercise! This was a fun place to work. The people were great! The projects were fun and allowed you to learn new things. It was fun to see how we keep the shelves of the store stocked for our customers.
slave Labor
Paint Associate (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 20, 2017
Lowes is highly driven fast paced business ..If customer service is your thing this still may not be for you..very demanding very little compensation ..If anything buy stock in the company ,cause all they care is about the company..
I enjoyed working in paint but I could not get full time.
Customer Service / Paint Dept (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALNovember 20, 2017
The only reason I left Lowes to seek another job was to go full time. After my first year I thought I had a chance but others were either transferred or hired into the full time positions. Very frustrating.
Careere advancement/ working conditions
DMS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCNovember 20, 2017
there is little room for growth at the facility I work at. managers have been at same job for many years. must relocate for advancement. Management team can be very lazy at times but expect you to do your very best at all times. Often, no manager can be found when you have a problem. Management decisions are slow forthcoming and poorly made.
Pros
benefits are above average
Cons
work conditions are poor
good company not the employer they once were
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MINovember 20, 2017
Company has evolved from family friendly employee focused to maximizing profits at cost of employees. Continued chasing of competition has cost company there reputation as respected employer.
I enjoyed working with customers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VANovember 20, 2017
Customers were the highlight of the day, you would have some loyal customers who would only take help from you. The co workers were great and knowledgeable in almost every department in the store so it made it easy to learn the job.
Pros
Safety cookouts
Cons
Bad management
Had its moments
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 20, 2017
When it was busy it was busy Lowe's was a good place to work at. When it became slow there was not much to do. I liked being at the service desk more than I liked being on the register. I was more comfortable and better at the service desk.
It is a good job.
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORNovember 20, 2017
It is a good job to have. I wouldn't make it a career path but its a good job. Hard on the body, so be prepared. Management is good and the co workers or easy to get along with, just do your job. Invest in good shoes for concrete. Summer is very busy, long hours and then towards the end of Summer depending on your department, it slows down.
Pros
good life work balance
Cons
Hard on the body
PMO Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCNovember 20, 2017
Great people to work with and a balanced work pace. A great culture and growth opportunities, and room to improve your personal skill set. Lowe's is a great company.
a day in lowes
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Deltona, FLNovember 20, 2017
a normal day is quite busy. i have to maintain the paint desk, which includes matching, mixing, and customizing customers specific choices. im also responsible for aisles two through seven including paint products,cleaning supplies,caulking, home decor, glue and tape. i also cut head rails, vanes, and faux wood shades. customers are both the hardest and most enjoyable part of the job. seeing someone smile and commend you for how you've helped them is very gratifying. in the same aspect it can be extremely busy in my dept., literally non stop for hours.
Pros
lunch and doughnuts sometimes
Cons
not being able to break every shift