Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 30,774 reviews matching the search See all 31,834 reviews
Great place to start.
(Customer Service Associate)/Front End (Cashier) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 22, 2019
A good place to start gaining customer service knowledge. If you're going to school they do work with your schedule. Make sure you request days at least a month in advanced
fun and exciting work area
Front End Loader (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 22, 2019
A regular work day is depending on your position at the work site, usually you would check in with managers on your daily duties then you would go to work, you could be stopped by customers along the way. You help them first then your primary task comes second.
Pros
great people, great benefits
Cons
hours
very confusing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Riverhead, NYApril 22, 2019
I try my best to meet everyone goals for me at work however it doesn't seem it works at all and it seems just a job you work for a bit then leave not to happy with my experience co workers were nice management and customers can get nasty
Great Retail
Sales Specialist Appliances (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXApril 22, 2019
Great job with benefits. Do your home work and learn your products. This will help you get customer helped and out of the store quickly. YouTube will help you as well with learning tool and with ideas to pass on to your customers.
Productive and fast pace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 22, 2019
I learned on how to work in a fast pace since I was one of the head cashiers and also helpful with my bilingual skills. I also loved the customers since I built a relationship with all of them.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Great company lots of learning oppurtunities
Customer Service Associate/ loader (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 22, 2019
Great company overall learned multiple skills while working there lots of trade skills that come in handy in life. Got to learn how to operate the forklift and order picker and reach lift.
Company that actually cares
Outdoor Lawn and garden (Former Employee) –  Tilton, NHApril 22, 2019
Rare to see a fortune 500 company that cares to their employees as much as Lowe's does. I have friends that have been there forever because of how well they treat them.
fast paced
Internet fulfillment Administrator (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDApril 22, 2019
The entire team was fantastic however the downside for me was one manager. She micromanaged me event though there were people below her to do it. Even her boss liked my work but she didnt. Other than that the job is very straight forward
It has its ups and downs
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Morehead City, NCApril 22, 2019
I've worked for Lowes for around 8 months now and I'm the most experienced worker in the OSLG and full time opportunities were given to other people that had only been there for 2 or 3 months.
Fun work environment but stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 22, 2019
I would recommend it for anyone looking for a part-time college job. Great staff and work schedule, very flexible for school. They offer great benefits like tuition reimbursement.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Short breaks
Lowes
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAApril 22, 2019
Working on loading and unloading was very simple for me but stressful at the fact that we didn't receive much percentage as it was a team work job, so the chances on getting hired was harder. I learned fast paced work and managing my time.
Pros
good pay
Cons
temporary
Managers are reason store is doing so poorly with customer service
Head Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  4141 Morse crossingApril 22, 2019
Before I left I was told that the our location ( Morse crossing) was the 3rd worst location for customer service and it is rightfully deserved. I had only been there since last August and their customer service is really bad. They make people wait 20 minutes or longer to get items loaded in their cars. Management walks right past customers if they need help to look for someone else. They refuse to answer their phones when you call for help and even hang up on you without an explanation or they refuse to come up when their is a negative issue with customers. The managers don't listen to their employees so they walk around frustrated all the time which affects their customer service. As a support supervisor I asked my manager how to deal with employees being frustrated and believing their was favoritism and he informed me to let what they say go through one ear and out the other. They allowed other support supervisors to continuously bad mouth the company to new hires. Cashiers who have been really rude to customers have been allowed to keep working there and probably promoted since I left. When approaching managers about the shortage of employees because of management not scheduling enough we were told I don't want to hear it you figure out. They never give you any positive constructive feedback regarding your performance. They only tell you that you need to improve that your performance is poor. One customer waited 45 minutes on the phone for management to tell them if a $3.00 clearance item was in stock! Management raised their voices at employees. Says sarcastic things to  more... you as walk by. When the new CEO marvin took over we saw a video that said we were going to go up one degree in our service to improve what we do and after the video the management never changed a thing instead they went 3 degrepes lower with service. They only try to improve things if corporate brings it to their attention instead of doing it right regularly and all the time or they act like they are going to change and then they go back to normal and allow customer service to continue to suffer. As a whole the management does not care about the company they work for. Their practices are why their customer service is so bad but instead of taking responsibility they look for scape goats instead. It is sad that the owners and CEO and all those that work in corporate try so hard to try to keep their stores successful and from closing when the management in their stores are doing the opposite and doing things to kill the business instead. There is too much self centered and self absorbed practices at the Morse crossing location.  less
Pros
Pay rate and benefits
Cons
The store is not customer focused and the service is poor.
Really liked working here. Helping customers find solutions and giving them ideas was the highlight of the job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAApril 22, 2019
The atmosphere was great and pleasing to come to work. Your co-workers were always there to help and guide you if needed. Physically the work was easy and tasks were given ample time to execute them.
Pros
Employees were provided free lunches on average 3-4 times a month
Cons
Breaks and lunches were not monitored for employees who routinely abused them
long boring days
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTITIVE (Former Employee) –  Hutto, TXApril 22, 2019
Cashier... Long, boring days. Long hours, not a fun atmosphere. Management is very strict. Great training and keeping you safe on the job. Always some kind of training
Good
Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Waxhaw, NCApril 22, 2019
Decent place to work, managers were sometimes uncooperative. Great employees, good attitude in the work place. Everyone greeted each other with smiles. While managers were sometimes uncooperative they gave time off for sickness or personal reasons when needed.
Tends to be full of Drama, and one track minded managers
INVENTORY CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHApril 22, 2019
A typical day at work there consists of always hearing rumors about yourself and others. Even the older generation is completely sucked into it and tends to participate in the drama. Ideas and opinions are not liked at this place. If the manager doesn't see it is a good idea then it's not even an option or vote. These managers are jokes most of the time. They let you think you're going to become more only to blind swipe you and choose someone else.
Not like it once was
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLApril 22, 2019
I started as a seasonal cashier and quickly got hired on as permanent part time customer service and got a decent pay raise in that time. I eventually moved up to full time Head Cashier and stayed in that role for over a year. I was continuously given closing shifts and the rotation that all head cashiers were supposed to be on was never used. I enjoyed learning new things, like how to work in other departments such as paint and inside garden but I never got any compensation for learning new skills to help the store. Continuously covered lunch breaks for other departments while missing my own lunch a lot of the time. Management definitely picked favorites and there was not a lot of room for advancement after working on the front end even after cross training. I enjoyed working at Lowe’s for the first year or so and stayed just because of the people I had met and the pay was pretty fair in the beginning for the amount of work I was doing. After basically managing the front end due to lazy (or overworked) management, I expected to be making more than I was. If upper management had stayed the same, I would still be working with the company. New management expects too much for what they are willing to give. At my particular store, a lot of them were very rude and demeaning to employees and customers.
Pros
Free food very occasionally, cross training options
Cons
Poor management, lack of raises, no potential to excel
Great location in Rapid City SD
We Team Associate / Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SD 57701April 22, 2019
Loved my time at lowes. I started off as a morning stocker while going to nursing school. Lowes kept promoting me, from stocker, to WE team, to specialist to Dept Manager. I went to part time to be a nurse full time, so I was a head cashier. I loved every position at Lowes.

Not every Lowes is the same. I moved to Montgomery Alabama. I was treated very poorly. After weeks of thinking about it, I made a complaint at the cooperate office. And I believe because of that complaint, I was passed over for a job in Plattville Alabama.
Pros
Loved the Rapid City co-workers and management!
Cons
Not all Lowes stores are as friendly.
Inconsistent schedules
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, PAApril 22, 2019
Cashiers cannot get full time. Hours are irregular. Occasionally you'll get up to 25 hours per week but usually 10 to 12 if you're lucky. Plenty of good cashiers wanted more hours but instead they hire more people.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
Very hard work with high expectations
Unload Associate (Former Employee) –  Boiling Springs, SCApril 22, 2019
I was not given the appropriate materials I needed to do my job, such as capable workers. Most of the managers were helpful but did not understand the pressure I was under working many more hours than I asked for and going to school.
Cons
No breaks, overworked

59.2K

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight