Lowe's Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Found 257 reviews matching the search See all 34,338 reviews
Can't recommend
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2019
People were afraid they'd lose their job everyday. Unhappy staff management wise and sales people wise. Schedules were changed without warning and without telling people so shifts were covered routinely.
Great work environment friendly coworkers.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 29, 2019
Everyone works together to help out customers. Throughout the day it’s very eased environment and the managers are really nice and work with you when you need them
great company
Appliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2019
great company to work for, their store systems are very outdated , overall great people , great discounts, good hours. Pay is decent but not for a long term career. There is room to grow.
Dont do it
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2019
Horrible management and job enviroment! You will regret it. It will drain you..use you.. And get rid of you whenever its convinient because they dont want to pay you your worth
Horrible company to work for
Project Specialist Exteriors (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2019
They do not follow company procedures.

Awful company to work for.

Discrimination in the workplace and only certain people get promoted for management positions.
They like you until you show potential.
2 face (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasJune 12, 2019
I started out as a full-time seasonal cashier. Everybody liked me and till I got hired part time per minute. I was moved around the store and I advanced to full-time with two new positions, customer service and telephone operator. And then the rumors begin that I was slandering and using racial slurs which is not true. It happened to bother one of the head cashiers that I was working in a room sitting down .
She wanted my position so she could sit in the room with her friends chatting and talking on her cell phone. I lost a wonderful job that was full-time due to a bunch of haters who lied about me to get me fired.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Friends of employees get you fired if you advance
Lowes Home Improvement
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2019
Lowes was a great job for me. I gained an advance work experience at a young age. They are very flexible for students and parents; and also have regular opportunities to advance in the company.
Lowe's
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2019
Fast paced environment. Benefits were good but the people you worked with was not fair. Alot of favoritism in this field, management was horrible. The pay rate as long as I been there was not great
information
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2019
I would help customers find their product and answer their questions. help load customers orders into their cars. collect carts from the parking lot. Assist other employees with their needs.
Lowes
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2019
Lowes was a good company but the people they had in charge was not qualified. Some didn’t know how to be leader or how to run a crew and some was still going through training. I went through the training and everything and they still decided to hiring outside
Pros
They help you pay for college, teach you everything about the company long as you know someone
Cons
They have good health benefits
Work work work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2019
Easy jobs cane be stressful if you become a over achiever and not in a management position stay in your lane, excellent opportunities to move up in the company don’t be afraid or hesitant to relocate
Pros
It’s wowk
Cons
Work it is
hard work and under appreciated
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77094April 16, 2019
you could spend your day cleaning your department and come back to a mess everyday. our manager at the time was trying to get manager of the year so our standers were really high, but corporate cut all hours so it was hard to balance everything
Fun!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 15, 2019
Awesome company to work for! Absolutely loved working here and I miss it, wish I had never left. Understanding management and met employees needs to the best of their ability.
Productive place with opportunities to grow
Human Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77096April 7, 2019
There alre always programs and tools to help develop the employees. Great work life balance and the pay isn’t too bad for retail. Although they are undergoing some big changes, there is room for growth.
Lowe's Home Improvement Opinion
Department Manager - Tools (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 31, 2019
At the current moment I have no other comments, opinions, or thoughts regarding Lowe's Home Improvement. I enjoy the people who I work with. Outside of that, I am open to a face to face discussion regarding the particulars on Lowe's Home Improvement.
Pros
Flexible work schedues
Cons
Bonus structures frequently change
Disorganized
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 31, 2019
Too much management walking around micro managing. Unfocused culture, busy bodies looking for next advancement. Corp has no clue. Contractor sales are often not filled for weeks. Inventory is a mess
Extremely stressful
Overnight Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2019
I thought i was working for a company that respect there employees. That's not the case with this company. There is favoritism, it doesn't matter how long you have been with the company and how hard you work they will still choose the next person over you.
The management made too many changes in such short periods of time
Warehouse Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 11, 2019
The warehouse manager was only there for less than a year and made lots of drastic changes to the warehouse that affected many of the employees lifes.
lowes
Flooring Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2019
i have learned how sale flooring to customer.
the differents between tile wood carpet and more.
learned how to do an install and estimate.
on a normal day i enjoy my job because of my customer and knowing i would be able to make there day
Turning into Home Depot
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2019
I have worked for Lowe’s for quite some time. I used to enjoy working there but now it’s so many changes, I worry if I will have my job the next day. They are slowly turning into Home Depot.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lack of communication

59.7K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Lowe's.

Powered by Comparably