Lowe's Employee Reviews in Indianapolis, IN

Found 257 reviews matching the search See all 33,328 reviews
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 6, 2019
Good people fun to work learnered alot from company and highly recommend anybody to work here great place with great people you will love it as well..
Run fast
Project Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 2, 2019
run, run as fast as you can! pay and benefits are decent but you will end up medicated like the other 75%!! You have an 8 week rotating schedule- 1030am to 7pm, 9am to 6pm, 7am to 4pm, 2 shifts of 8am to 5pm then start the rotation again. chaotic, hectic, demanding, and moral is very low. high turnover.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
everything else, high turnover
Great Place
Contact Center Agent -Sales (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 28, 2019
Love working here, just not okay with working all holidays and no holiday pay. They are great people and will help you advance, the retail life just was not for me.
Pros
Great pay, Advancement opportunities
Cons
Healthcare not worth the high price
Fun place to work
Electrical Pro (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2019
Other than schedule I liked it and wish I didn’t have an ongoing injury they pay was great and loved the management they would help with mostly anything
Work place
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2019
Lowe’s is a very great place to work and very flexible , many different departments and different opportunities to make your way up to the top to eventually make out of a carrier
Nice business to work and grow
PLUMBING SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 24, 2019
The people at Lowe's were like a tight nit family who had each others backs. We prided ourselves with good customer service and helping to achieve our customers dreams when it came to remodeling.
Pros
Quality of life and room to grow
the job was a job
Product Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 18, 2019
some of the managers were so so and there are managers that was very helpful.the job was helpful in learning different departments.most enjoyable was helping customers
great place i want to go back!
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 18, 2019
I really enjoyed my time at lowe's it was temporary because that's what I signed up for .Will I do it again if I could yes, because they actually care for their employees.
Good environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisJune 16, 2019
I love where I work . I have no complaints I’ve been there for two years and 3 months . I have absolutely nothing bad to say about where I work or the environment or my coworkers. To be honest this is the best job I’ve had in years
Productive fun place to work
Contact Center Operations Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 14, 2019
I really enjoy this company! I was supported through each roll by amazing leaders going out of their way to invest in me. Great management very positive environment with great benefits and room to grow.
Pros
Support from management, Fun events
Cons
cant think of any
Lowes
Paint Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2019
Not a terrible place to work but if you’re not a favorite within management you don’t move up. Can be very fast or slow paced depending on the department that you work in.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Don’t move up if you’re not a favorite.
A great place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 3, 2019
A great way to work and is very flexible with hours and pay. Working in other departments can be hard but once you get a hang of it, you will be able t understand the department job better.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
It’s really well environment
Lumber Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 13, 2019
It’s a great place to work. Some things could be changed there but the store I was at is in a rebuilding process to up the sells. But need more hands and feet to be able to get the job done there.
Fun at first, but could be better....
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 13, 2019
It was fun at first, but after the season hit it was nothing but drama. Anything from co-workers making things up to customers trying to put their hands on me. The Lowe's I worked at needs security detail to protect us from customers who want to get physical over petty things such as discounted dirt or clearanced plants.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No security detail
Productive and very fun place to work
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 20, 2019
Lowe’s is actually a very comfortable company to work for they are understanding of your life outside of work especially people with children they are also a non multi manage company it’s great if you choose to be in a contact center setting this will be the perfect place to be. You are not alone here they truly care not only for their customers but for their employees too!
Pros
Managers, Great Opportunities To Advance In Company, And Great Coworkers
Cons
Training is so boring but worth it
Potentially a good company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 12, 2019
Lowes can be a good place to work depending on the store you are in and the district Manager that you work for. There are a lot of great people working for the company. It is sometimes hard to have a work/life balance and can be stressful at times.
it was awful.
Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 6, 2019
basically, it was garbage. constantly on your feet running around like a chicken with your head cut off trying to do everything at once, unless you're stuck during "power hours" where you can't stock the shelves or do anything but wait hand and foot on unappreciative customers.
no communication between departments or even management and employees. and if a customer is being abusive or demanding the impossible, expect the management to bend over backwards for them while berating you for not doing your job well enough.
Pros
discounts on things but it barely helps, 15 min breaks
Cons
everything else
Great retail job pays well for retail will learn a lot if you want.
Customer Service Representative - Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 29, 2019
I am still employed with my part time employment, I believe its one of the best paying retail jobs in Indianapolis. I enjoy working here because it is fast pace, time goes fast, learn a lot about home repairs equipment, outside lawn and garden. Management is okay, scheduling has become a concern since corporate office has taken over instead of schedules being completed by management team in the store. The hardest part of the job is standing on concrete flooring for long periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the public.
Pros
Location pay well for retail, lot to leaarn
Cons
Scheduling outside the store, standing on concrete floors
Great
Customer Service, Lowes Store Support (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 29, 2019
Lowes tries his best to allow people to love where they live by allowing people to buy items online and also in the store it is very convenient for customers who are new to the system of buying home goods and very convenient to the customers who continue to come back
Busy work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 24, 2019
Lowe's is always busy. Time goes fast when you're busy. It's easy to look up product info when a UPC is missing. Standing on the concrete all day hurts the body.
Pros
busy
Cons
concrete floors, noisy

59.5K

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight