Lowe's Employee Reviews in Wilkesboro, NC

Found 266 reviews matching the search See all 33,412 reviews
Fun workplace
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCJuly 7, 2019
Lowe's is a really great company to work for! The benefits are extraordinary! Working with frustrated customers can be challenging, but when you sense that change from frustration to relief and appreciation, it's very fulfilling!
Pros
Free lunches monthly, paid time off, one on one coaching
Cons
Attendence policy, stress of customer complaints
A very busy work environment.
Property Specialist/Real Estate Management (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCJune 27, 2019
This has been a company where your co-workers are your family away from home. I am able to work independently and show my work ethics and ability to meet deadlines.
Pros
Travel Oppertunities
Cons
Never took breaks
Best Company I've Worked For
Sales Base Agent (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCJune 21, 2019
This is the best company I've ever worked for. I feel like the company actually cares about its employees and customers and doesn't just pretend like some companies. Instead of taking disciplinary action for something you could do better on they would help you. Everyone is super friendly. If you're not sure how to do something there are several resources you can use.
Pros
Cons
Hard to get a schedule change
Family friendly
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCJune 19, 2019
During my time at Lowe's the company was expanding to the West Coast. My department was very fast paced, with a "family-like" team of office members. Everyone had specific tasks, but were willing to help others when one portion was overloaded.
Would Recommend
Field Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCJune 13, 2019
Lowe's has been my life for 13 years, I have grown as an individual, learned great skills which will be useful throughout my life. Lowe's is a great place to network and experience all types of jobs.
Good job, stressful job.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCMay 17, 2019
Once the managers knorw you are a hard worker you, they will put you to work and make you do their job for them. Management sucks at store 0701. Every one their is on a power trip.
Inventory Fulfillment Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCMay 16, 2019
Lowe's is a very nice place to work. You can have good work/life balance. The Managers and co-workers are very professional and friendly. Good culture.
The pay is good but depending on the manager depends on the answer you get
CPO (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCMay 13, 2019
The job is terrible. Unless you enjoy hearing people complain some over trivial things and some over understandable issues with installs then this is not a great job. It’s a necessary job but horrible
Could Be Better
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCMay 13, 2019
For Wilkesboro it is one of the top places for work. If you have a good supervisor you will succeed. The job itself is stressful and redundant. Co-workers are always nice and willing to help. Job security it terrible, one never knows if they will be on the chopping block next.
Pros
Team Work, Environment
Cons
Job Security, Management
It’s ok
Sales (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCMay 1, 2019
It’s ok for awhile but then you want to move up. It has its ups and downs. Overall it’s a decent place to work. Happy to be there at the moment. Hoping pay increases eventually.
Pros
Vacation time off
Cons
Rude customers
Great Company
Accounting Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCApril 24, 2019
You often hear Lowe's is a great place to work & retire.
Lowe's has been good to me and if I was able I would
work here until I retired. Great benefits, flexible schedule & the management is great.
Pros
Great Location in Wilkesboro
Cons
My job is moving to Mooresville
Lowe's has been a great place to work
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCApril 23, 2019
Lowe's has been a great place to work. They have supported me and my family for years. I have learned a lot while working at Lowe's. Lowe's has had many culture changes thru the years.
Pros
Flexiable Schedule
Cons
Job Security
Fast Paced Environment
Inventory Fulfillment Sr. Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCApril 17, 2019
Good company to work for. Lots of advancement opportunities at every level. Customer focused workforce. Team atmosphere. New management focused on change and improvement.
Great place to grow
Market Manager Product Service (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCApril 13, 2019
Solid company with plenty of opportunities for self-motivated individuals. Excellent benefits package with Medical, Dental, Vision etc... You must be flexible and grow with the business.
Great Job if you like it.
Customer Care/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCApril 3, 2019
This was not the job for me. I'm sure i could still be working there now but i wasn't thrilled with having to sit behind a computer all day. Very good job and plenty of room for advancement if its for you.
I believe Lowes is a good company and with the right leadership they will continue to perform.
Merchant (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCMarch 29, 2019
New executive management came in thus a change in the work force was bound to happen along with the environment. Overall I am grateful to Lowes for my tenure there.
Corporate hazing
CPO - Install Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCMarch 29, 2019
Exploits "false hope" from predominantly young employees who have not been deceived by a company before. Verry poor pay considering how much money Lowe's has. The WORST micro-management I have personally seen. First department I worked for "repairs", got completely let go and Lowe's was considerate enough to transition all of us in the/my department into CPO. Lowe's is a dying dinosaur, who has a lot of old pups sucking on a dying tit until there is not a drop of milk left. The people they promote are a joke. The most difficult part about this job is the micro-management. The physical building we worked in, in Wilkesboro, is very nice but does not come close to making up for all the other stuff. They also have a very good cafeteria with good food and reasonable prices. That was my favorite part about that place, that I didn't have to leave for lunch, which saved a lot of time. Not a place for a career in my opinion. Maybe 20 years ago.
Pros
Cafeteria on site
Cons
Micro-management, conflicting advice from management
Busy
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCMarch 25, 2019
This is a great place to work. You can advance really fast with this company. They have great benefits, and great staff. The building is made for the employees. Complete with cafeteria, coffee shop, and nurses area. They also give great incentives to their employees.
Pros
good money
Cons
stressful
Great Place
Learning Lab Agent (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCMarch 4, 2019
Lowe's is a great place to work. I worked for the Contact Center and can honestly say I have never loved a job as much as I loved it there! I plan to return when I can. They are so accommodating and will work with you as long as you stay open and communicative.
Pros
Great Management, Opportunities for Advancement, Endless choices for career
Cons
Odd hours, at times busy
Good work place
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCFebruary 23, 2019
Great Fortune 50 company to work for - they just don't pay enough. Managers are very straight forward and helpful. They have good projects for IT and a good set of project managers.

59.5K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Lowe's.

Powered by Comparably