Lowe's Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Found 1,424 reviews matching the search See all 34,313 reviews
Not great but not the worst
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYAugust 17, 2019
Everyone is very welcoming, although some managers are a bit creepy. Most if not all my coworkers are agreeable and the energy us always friendly. However, some people misuse their standing.
Pros
Breaks are farily long and you almost never get called out during one
Cons
If there is no coverage you might miss a break
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYAugust 17, 2019
Great place to work,wasnt full time,needed better wages and insurance so I had to move on to a new opportunity. Friendly atmoshere,nice employees and managers,would of stayed but being a single mom had to move on.
CEO is clueless
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEAugust 17, 2019
The CEO gets a huge paycheck, just like at the other companies he’s put in the toilet. He leaves the computer system in the 1980’s but throws more programs in that CANNOT handle communicating with each other. The 12-15 lazy “co-workers” at my store are taking HOURS of breaks everyday. The people that ACTUALLY work get pushed around by the former military manager and his buddies. If you have a complaint you have to give it to the person who is the problem. Newbies are catching on and leaving really fast!!! The pay is NOT good enough to deal with this horrible job!
Pros
Free hat, ugly plastic knit apron
Cons
Lazy managers, terrible pay
Poor training and scheduling
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 16, 2019
They hire anybody and this creates incompetent and unreliable employees. I was hired for part-time and, depending on the work cycle, would be scheduled to work 7-8 days straight. I would get called to come come in at 5:45 a.m. because someone called out. many times. Don't do it people.
I am only a seasonal worker i have seen more than ten people leave this store, nothing is organized,they schedule ten cashiers on slow days
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Amherst, OHAugust 15, 2019
They don't tell you as a seasonal employee if you or going to be hired in or not,there is problems with management,they tend to forget your brakes when you are in lumber or garden center,the customers a great I love talking to them and getting to know them
I enjoyed the experience of cashier, and especially customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALAugust 14, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Lowe's, the management was very helpful and supportive.. I also extremely enjoyed customer service as a cashier... I would recommend Lowe's as an employer ..
Unfair treatment of employees
CUSTOMER SERVICE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAAugust 14, 2019
Pay is good. Training is very brief and then you’re on your own. It is not worth the stress. Worked mostly early am and closing shifts. Only one weekend a month off. Worked all holidays except Christmas and Thanksgiving. “Special “ workers got the good shifts and were showed partiality. A lot of favoritism. Store manager would not even greet you when she entered the store if you said hello. You can work your butt off and not even get a compliment for all your efforts.
I don’t recommend working at Lowe’s unless it is a very short term. The longer you work there the more likely you are to be terminated. They’ll make up a reason to let you go so they can replace you with an new inexperienced worker for less pay and benefits!!!
Pros
Store discount, decent pay
Cons
Not enough workers to cover breaks, wasn’t relieved to use bathroom, was told to hold it, management is very money minded and not caring about employmorale.
I would work for this company again.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 13, 2019
Good place to work if you don't mind having your hours cut during off season periods. Management does make it a priority that you do take your breaks regardless of how busy the store is.
Couneter
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Livingston, TXAugust 13, 2019
Being at a register or a counter cashing some one out or returning something and u have the urge to use the restroom u cant just leave u got to wait and it could be a while because half the t ime u have to call them and tell them to hurry pls
Working for Lowe's
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bixby, OKAugust 13, 2019
Clock in then go to the shift lead and she will let you know who you will be replacing, letting them go home, or to lunch. A typical day would be to do customer returns, fill out rental sheet for carpet cleaner, online orders, organize returns, and etc
Good place to work but some flawz
Cashier/Customer Service /internet orders (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 13, 2019
Great job but they are cutting to many departments and making the job 10x harder for store employees i mean internet orders was just cancelled thank god i am a cashier too or i would of lost my job completely
Great!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXAugust 12, 2019
I give this review a thumbs up. super easy and fast. took no time at all. the progress wasnt hard. I rate the review a 8/10. Very easy to understand and accomplish.
Enjoyed working here.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lexington, VAAugust 12, 2019
Good company to work with friendly co workers.they work with you around your schedule. If you’re looking for a job to move around and be in more than one spot and help others Lowe’s is a good place to start.
Lowe's is a good company to work
MN, MO, TX. Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 12, 2019
Lowe's it's a great company to work, fair payment, opportunities to do as much over time as you will like. Unfortunately, the management is very poor, they are always looking for new employees because a lot of them are very uncommitted persons, they called in, have a poor performance and manners but somehow they tolerate that behavior, so at the end is quite stressful to deal with that kind of work environment, to not mention as in other companies, shoplifters, thiefs are not prosecuted and you can not even call the police on them. It sucks.
Pros
Structures breaks, lunch time, health insurance.
Cons
Poor management and bad wokplace culture.
Very stressful
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 11, 2019
This place is extremely stressful to work at. You get yelled at by anyone and everyone (customers mostly) but even if the customer isn’t in the right then your manager still yells at you. So much drama, it’s like high school all over again. I worked there from 2008-2018 and I switched stores 7 times due to another advancement in my career. I would’ve loved to stay there but it was getting to where my work life was coming home with me and it was not fair. This place has new HR system that is ludicrous
Pros
Free lunches some days, great health care, good starting pay
Cons
Short breaks, drama, drama and VERY rude customers
Still there
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Alamogordo nmAugust 10, 2019
Great place to work keeps u busy so time flies. People there are great and customer friendly. Never boring can always learn new departments. You also get a discount to work there!
Worst experience of my life
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 10, 2019
This job made me feel unappreciated, uncomfortable and worthless. I consistently was harrassed by managers. I do not reccomend anyone work here ever. The hours are crazy, they are always understaffed and managers play favorites and treat everyone like subhuman parasites.
Good pay but poor hrs
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Venice, FL & Fort Myers, FlAugust 10, 2019
Was hired pt and these slave drivers would work you 40+ hrs one week then 20 hrs the next. Then they had me doin 40 hrs for weeks on end then all of a sudden drops to 18 hrs. Come to find out, by law if they work you 40 hrs or more for 13+ weeks they have to give you fulltime status & give you ft benifits. So they'd work me 40+ hrs 12 weeks & 18 the next just so the wouldnt have to change me to FT. Part timers get benifits too but obviously the fulltime benifits are better. All in all, its a great company to work for, they pay higher than most & p/t gets benifits. They got mad at me cause i broke my neck their & once they seen fit to terminate me....they jumped on it. But i sued them & won....just cant ever work for them again.....usually after 20 yrs tho that gets forgotten.
Was good
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYAugust 9, 2019
Was a good place to work as a college student. At the time were very flexiable and accomadating. Was excited to go work, very good work culture. Had a great time, but I heard its different now and they seem to be changing stuff.
Stressful and harsh
Customer service/Team Player/ Cashier/Loader (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 9, 2019
I honestly hated it there. There were some good people I worked with that I got along great with but the management is poor. They couldn't get my schedule fixed, they scheduled me more than I signed up for, expected me to do everyone else's job because I was the only one willing to actually work. Wouldn't approve my request for a department change and instead put other people there. More than once was I yelled at for just doing my job.
Pros
10% discount, long breaks if worked enough hours
Cons
poor management and rude employees.

59.7K

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight