Lowe's Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 6,687 reviews matching the search See all 33,412 reviews
Ok
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLJuly 20, 2019
not fair to older employees wanting to advance. change your work days to often. needs to work with the employees more
they need to help balance working times
Great starting job
Paint CSA (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 20, 2019
Absolutely love my store. Co-workers get along great, managers are always willing to help, and hours are flexible. There are sometimes where it gets overwhelming, usually around 12 and 5. Customers can be rude but no one can help that. Training is boring and takes about 2 days to watch videos.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Miscommunication
Nice place to work
Assembler/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJuly 19, 2019
Nice place to work if you need the money. Retail takes a special kind of person to truly make it their career. My experience was very positive customer interactions and management support. This is not always the case though.
Active and enjoyable place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSJuly 19, 2019
Lowe's was a very active environment that I enjoyed working in. The only thing I did not like this job was I was never aloud to receive enough hours.I would for sure work at Low's again if I could receive the hours and better pay.
Performance doesn't matter
Customer Servicer Associate (Current Employee) –  Seekonk, MAJuly 19, 2019
You can be up on all of your work and still it's never done. The people on 3rd shift that upstock have no training. Spend all day arranging stock they come in and they just put product "wherever". Very aggravating. Not enough coverage to help customers. Some covering 2-3 dept. at a time and no appreciation from manager.
Culture shock
Customer Service/Grocery (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 18, 2019
I was not prepared for the structure change. So many things were done that were against regulations. Management was lacking to say the least. Favouritism was very common where customer service was not. I look at it like this, if they don't come in, I don't have a job.. It is pretty simple.
We Cant Here You
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 18, 2019
Management doesn't listen to the employees.
Hours for employees have been cut down to less than 8 hours a week.
Yearly raises are around .10 -.15 with no review, it just shows up on your paycheck.
There is no HR department at the store.
Pros
Hire in at decent rate
Cons
high healthcare cost, low yearly raises, lack of good management
Good benefits
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 18, 2019
Benefits are good. Don't expect to move up unless you are a favorite. They hire from outside instead of in store. Human resources does not exist in store it's online only. Good luck reaching a human. Shifts are on rotation so sleeping and eating are messed up every week. Coworkers are amazing. Pay is good for new employees. They come in making more then employees that have been there 10 years or more
Decent place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYJuly 18, 2019
Not a bad place to work. Not a normally stressful environment. Enjoyed ability to work at my own pace. Enjoyed interactions with customers and fellow coworkers
Lowes
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLJuly 18, 2019
Lowes was not a bad company itself, they just need to work on gaining better management. Also if they want the company to succeed they need to hire more people that are determined to put in the work
No life ic you work at Lowes
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Bee Cave, TXJuly 18, 2019
Because you dont have set schedule, it is hard to make plans. One day you would close, the next day you would open. Rarely have two days off in a row. Impossible to go to school, or improve yourself while working here. If you need to work full time, you have to agree to be available any day and any shift, so you cant take classes, etc.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmville, VAJuly 17, 2019
i liked the environment at Lowes. They always kept the team motivated and made everyone feel like they were a team. They gave good benefits and actually was the first job I ever started a 401k with so it taught me the pros and cons of that s well. i was mainly focused on customer service and it taught me a lot about that as well. I learned how to drive a fork lift and different tools throughout the store. i also was able to help the sales team finalize a lot of sales and made sure the customer was happy with an item that was fit for them. whether it be a washing machine, a refrigerator or even 50 pounds of cement.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Could have used more money
Alot of standing around
Customer service Associate (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 17, 2019
A typical day at Lowe: You dont have a set schedule so depending on what time you get there, there's is a thing called power hour (10-2 on week days and 8-4 on weekends) and your only task is to go around looking for costomers and assist them. the other time while at Lowes, youre restocking product and making sure the department is clean. at the beginning of the day there's a thing called IRP that you have to complete and is basically just finding things on top stock and bringing them down because the holes are empty
Lowe's
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLJuly 17, 2019
Loved working with new customers everyday and solving there problems,,very satisfying.from finding the customer to being flagged down,to sitting with them to specially order the product for there needs.
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Customer Service
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 17, 2019
Communicate clearly and honestly, and how to anticipate what the customer needs to know. If there is a surcharge, or a product warning, or another rack with a better selection in different aisles, don’t neglect to mention it simply because the customer didn’t know to ask. Knowledgeable on Lowe's products is one of the most underrated customer service skills, and unfortunately, the one most lacking in the majority of retail positions and i try to master that. Willingness to listen or to help won’t do much good if you can’t actually answer the customer's question or help solve their problem.
Not a horrible place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bedford, INJuly 17, 2019
Management has direct correlation to moral. Maybe a different store or different manager could have made for a better experience. If they placed value on employees who worked more than sucked up it could be good.
Eh
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXJuly 16, 2019
I enjoyed lowes at certain times with certain managers. It's hard to promote in lowes. I enjoyed the paint department and cashiering. It was a good job until I decided to go to school.
High stress, awkward hours, payroll cuts.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 16, 2019
I worked at Lowe’s for over 7 years and I would rather be shot than have to go back to work at Lowe’s. I have never been so stressed out at a job as I was there. The company treats you like robots and they kick you to the curb when they’re done with you.
Pros
Air conditioning
Cons
stressful work conditions, low pay, heavy workload.
Working for Lowe’s
Lumber Customer Service Associate ll (Former Employee) –  Weaverville, NCJuly 16, 2019
While working for Lowe’s I became forklift certified I gained many knowledge about materials and organization I learned to manage my time as well as my coworkers
It's retail
Sale Specialist / Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJuly 16, 2019
The job can be stressful especially if you have never worked in a home improvement store or retail before. There is very little training starting out. You will find associates willing to help with tasks and orders, but it is short staffed, so help can be hard to find at times.

59.5K

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight