Lowe's Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 6,842 reviews matching the search See all 34,365 reviews
Only if your a student
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 17, 2019
Its a very fast environment, managers want you to get things done as soon as possible, without help. So you have a lot of work to do for little pay. Coworkers there are rude some see you need help and they won’t help you. Management there is really bad! I would only recommend if your a student goong to school. But not if your trying to make a career from it.
Overall fun, hard work, mostly great people to work with
Customer Service and Garden Care (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 16, 2019
Absolutely no reliable hours or schedule. Lowes Corporation talks the talk but they do NOT treat their people fairly and everyone is clearly very dispensable. Unless you are in management you will not be able to depend on your income or work schedule. You may be required to go to work at 4AM or you may be required to work until 10-11PM.
Love the company Bad Store manager
Customer Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIAugust 16, 2019
I worked part time at Lowes, the store manager make me to leave the store, they way he talk to me is wired, and he make me to work everywhere in store, and i was doing grate, the store manager make me to leave the job.
Go Lowes!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Altoona, IAAugust 15, 2019
Great employees to work with as well as the management team. The best part was working with repeat customers on different projects and providing alternative solutions to customers needs.
Customer service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 15, 2019
Customer serviceFast pace helping customers with their returns helping customers with their orders solving customer issues making sure every customer was satisfied
Too much drama
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 15, 2019
The company itself isn’t bad to work for. The company gives you options, and has good customer incentives. The stores, on the other hand, are run badly. Managers are hardly around, they don’t answer phones, and the favoritism is awful. There are coworkers in supervisory positions who try to get other employees fired so they can see how many people can quit because of them. I was pregnant and coworker spent my entire time there trying to get me to quit or get fired.
Just no
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALAugust 14, 2019
Just an all around problematic environment to work in. The only reasonable “perk” of working there is that they sometimes gave us lunch and if we did a good job we MIGHT get a bonus but it was rare
Nightmare
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZAugust 14, 2019
New CEO came from Depot and wants everything to be like Depot. No regular shifts or days off, a roller coaster ride. In 5 days, you have 5 different start times.you never know if your job is going to be outsource
Very fun place to work if your knowledgeable about DIY
Customer sales associate (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCAugust 14, 2019
Love my job to death but managers on the floor were shady and this made upper management virtually impossible to engage with as they felt they were there to clean up their predescessors messes, not nurture growth and teamwork or be customer focused which is boggling but a lot of top notch associates work there buts off
Pros
Very fun environment
Cons
Management 100 percent cost driven which is just 1 part of what’s killing brick and mortar retailing
Horrible Manager
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNAugust 13, 2019
If you like being treated like trash on a daily basis you should get a job here. You will get talked to like trash from the store manager any time he is actually in the building. Watch out for those write-ups. ASM and Above can do what ever they want and break every rule in the book. Everyone else “beware”. Got yelled down for being 5 minutes late back from work because of traffic from a store manager that takes on average 2 hours lunches every day. Must be nice to only have to work 30 hour weeks and get paid for 50. If you are good at your job be ready to be terminated . Run! The poor culture of this store makes it impossible to do anything with pride here. District manager backs the store manager no matter what even though he has been complained about over and over from every store he has been at for the same issues.
10/10 Would NOT recommend
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New York StateAugust 13, 2019
Management is the worst I’ve ever seen in any company. Laziest managers I’ve ever had to work with in my entire life. The salary they pay their employees is barely enough to live off of. Rewards the lazy employees and disciplines the good ones. Most twisted system I’ve seen in a company.
Life at Lowe's
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 13, 2019
The management is mostly undertrained blood from a stone the beatings will continue until you do what we say. They have good insurance and 401k if you can put up with the rude customers and even worse staff you'll be working with. There is usually room for promotions if you play their game but it is a good old boys club and they'll expect you to fit in if you want a promotion.
I miss my Lowes Family
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, KYAugust 13, 2019
I feel I was let go on false information from a co worker. HR has put it in to where I can no longer work for Lowes and that upsets me because I really enjoyed my job and some of the people i worked with. I was there 5 years and loved it all.
It a job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 13, 2019
Every day is a challege and there has been alot of changes. Advancements rarely happen to those who been with lowes for a long time. You always keep store clean even if buzy.
Pros
Good mangment some times
Cons
Advancements, tech is so old, break should be hour, high turn over
Unpredictable hours
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Montgomeryville, PAAugust 13, 2019
Best decision that I made was to leave. Hours/schedule were all over the board. Hard to maintain a work/life balance. No clear direction from managers on what to do.
Rules constantly changing. No greeters at exits, also a no chase policy, customers know this and take advantage of it
Lumber Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2019
I had a set schedule with weekends off. Rules were always changing because managers were always changing. Instead of replacing managers from in store they brung them from other stores. A lot of items don’t ring up so we had to constantly get a price check. Employees got 10% discounts but so did every customer that complained about prices. Managers constantly adjusted prices for customers to shut them up
Lose a lot of good people, due to low working hours!!
CSA (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 13, 2019
Trading substandard, overhire to keep associate hours as low as possible. The good ole boy mentality is overwhelming, not so much to the public, but clearer to new employees
Overall good place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 13, 2019
Cool job overall if you can handle standing and walking on concrete floors. Work environment laid back sometimes fast paced only during peak season though
Management and pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 12, 2019
Sometimes management can slack off causing your job to be very stressful. Not paid enough for the hard work done by the employees daily. Good to have high stress tolerance tbh
I learned a lot of skills
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 11, 2019
I learned the basics of building. I have knowledge and experience in building multiple projects and housing. I learned the art of cementing and construction of side walks.

59.7K

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight