Lowe's Employee Reviews for Department Manager

Found 1,538 reviews matching the search See all 34,365 reviews
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKAugust 19, 2019
Good place to work. Very close knit of employees. Did have high stress when cooperate was in town or when we we short staffed which unfortunately was often.
Go for it
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  North East, MDAugust 19, 2019
Great place to work. Lots of opportunity. There is a real sense that we are in this together. You will need to have a good work ethic and enjoy customer interactions.
Helping people out with the projects they bring in.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILAugust 17, 2019
I loved working with customers on home projects. It became tough when the store cut back labor hours and managers like me were forced to cover alot more of the store than before.
Change of Lowe’s corporate game plan changed the enjoyment of working for Lowe’s.
Dept and Asst Manager (Former Employee) –  Barboursville, WVAugust 17, 2019
The survey was difficult to answer. Lowe’s, the culture, the compensation and benefits changed dramatically over the 13 years I worked there. Had I taken that after my 8th year there it would have scored much higher. The last five years I worked there as well as my wife still works there changed my judging of the company significantly. It’s the transition from a company in the midst of great growth to a company that has plagued yet trying to keep stock returns the same as they were during the growth.
Quick paced job
Department Manager Install Sales (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 13, 2019
Once on floor from training, the pace is quick and non stop. Ability to work one/one with instore customers is a good feeling of accomplishment. Having the ability to learn all areas of store to assist customers is a big help and makes them feel as they are being assisted
Good company to work at
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, WIAugust 12, 2019
Very pleasant environment to work at. Clean and enjoyable. Very pleasant associates, good training and advancement. Would recommend working here, good benefits, flexible hours.
Great while it lasted.
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 10, 2019
I've been here at Lowe's for 14 years and it is time for a change. The company is heading in a new direction, but it does not seem to care how it gets there.
Really did not care for the employees best interest. Too many favorites.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAAugust 9, 2019
I worked my way up while I was there, but I saw a lot of good employees leave, including myself. Pooler Lowe’s wasn’t as bad as I thought. Much better at customer service than Statesboro Lowe’s. Customer Service does not exist at the Statesboro Lowe’s.
New ceo ruining company
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEAugust 8, 2019
The new CEO has cut numerous positions that had only recently been created by him and gave no notice or real compensation other than two weeks severance. Associates of all levels fear for their positions and livelihoods due to these flippant decisions. Despite having just been promoted I see the writing on the wall and dont want to live in fear of being laid off with no opportunity to transition into another role
This company is going downhill
Dept. Manager (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHAugust 7, 2019
Senior management is horrible. You're just a number is their eyes as well as corporates. They eliminate positions with no warning or care as to how long you've been there or how well you've done your job. Very uncaring company.
Fair
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Longview, WAAugust 6, 2019
Constant turnover
Management doesn't show much interest in its assosiates
Constant change and positions change consistently
.....,...................
Manager
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 5, 2019
I was the plumbing manager at Lowes. I learned alot and there classes were hands on. Learned alot about plumbing and becoming a better leader. I learned hiring methods and time management. The hours you work are 10 to 12 hours shifts.
Horrible place to work. Would NEVER recommend such a negative inviroment.
Department Manager Freight Flow (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAAugust 2, 2019
Lowe’s has many problems and takes negative managing to employees, which reflects to customers. Bad pay, no benafits. Lowe’s should be ashamed of how poor they treat there employees. No teamwork. No coaching. No manger is qualified to lead because of no training.
Good benefits, if you can work full time.
Department Manager/CSA - Electrical, Hardware (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 1, 2019
This store started out great. But change in management, no one is held accountable for their mistakes or poor work ethic. New CEO has cut a lot of positions and bringing in 3rd party services to take their place. Getting rid of full time and replacing with part time.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Jobs going away. No accountability.
Upper Management mainly concerned with bonuses
Department Manager, Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 29, 2019
Upper Management (both store and corporate) is mainly motivated by getting their bonuses, often at the expense of eliminating long tenured employees in order to keep payroll costs down.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 11, 2019
I worked for Lowe's for 10 years, worked my way up to a nice management position then one day, bam! My position was dissolved. It's a pretty good company to work for, but they constantly scrambling to keep up with home depot. Often making rash decisions that are later changed back. For the most part, I enjoyed my job & the people, just didn't feel much job security.
Opportunity
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2019
Great Company! Lots of opportunity to grow, learn, and to make your self an asset. Hard work gets noticed, acknowledged, and promoted. The benefits are incredible too!
They could care less
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 5, 2019
Lowes cares nothing about its associates, you are just a number to be used , abused then discarded. Very cliquish, if you are not a kiss up you can forget it. Training is completely nonexistent, it’s a sink or swim environment. The less you do the more you are rewarded. The bonus program is a joke. Everyone is out for themself. The word teamwork does not exist at Lowe’s, you are completely on your own.
No consistency
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJuly 3, 2019
Will elaborate upon interview.
Too many variants involved in my almost ten years there. Do not wish to elaborate in one direction or another without a direct question.
Many pros as well as cons.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
No consistency
Nice store to work for
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDJuly 3, 2019
Nice store to work for, good management, good coworkers, excellent
Store Manager, clean and organized store. The reason why I left is better paid position and fixed hours in IDX

59.7K

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

35%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss