Lowe's Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 1,268 reviews matching the search See all 33,412 reviews
Tops Among Retail Employers
CERTIFIED SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 20, 2019
I have always enjoyed my time spent at Lowe's. The work environment is great, as I was surrounded by excellent coworkers. Management teams are always on top of things and willing to listen to and aid employees in all avenues of work life.
Good company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 18, 2019
I worked there for about a year. Great company.. good benefits. No problems. I just moved and my car blew up so I no longer had transportation. They understood but still let me go. Now I'm trying to find a job in the Dover , Delaware area soon.
Bad overall
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJuly 16, 2019
Cannot keep good workers if they wanted to. Short staffed and management is awful. Weird hours and unbalanced with personal life. Change the schedule every 24 hours. Quick to point the finger. This store is led by a man with a job titled store manager , not a leader! They frown at you for working overtime?!?! Worst place to work in my opinion. Unfair pay scale. I could go on...
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Republic, MOJuly 14, 2019
The managers are very kind and understanding, the nicest company i’ve ever worked for. flexible hours and benefits, gives lots of hours. my coworkers made me feel right at home when i first started.
Daily job expectations
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 14, 2019
-Fast paced environment
- helping customers
- hardest part of the job is down stocking the department with little time
- best part of the job is helping the customers and being thanked for great customer service
Over all amazing work place for customers and employees
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 14, 2019
Good working inviroment frendly and welcoming. Teaches a lot to trains and lets u Lear at your own pass. also cares about there employees. Lowe’s really cares about costumers and employees.
Pros
Work inviroment is great
Cons
Not a set work schedule
Complete
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Moultrie, GAJuly 13, 2019
A typical day at work consists of many customers asking for help with loading purchases or information about certain items and their whereabouts. I’ve learned to drive the forklift thanks to my supervisors who have helped me become better at what I do. There’s no difficult part of the job because I enjoy working with customers and learning something new everyday.

involving myself w
It was fun but unmotivating
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJuly 13, 2019
I love working here, it has helped me learn how to socialize and talk to people better than before. I also learned a lot about how to use tools and such, the only con is that every day usually feels the same.
not worth it
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 13, 2019
very tense and stressful customers and mangers was not treated fairly discrimination pay was good just not worth the stress would not recommend to my worst enemy
Could be a good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJuly 12, 2019
Management plays a large part in the success of any organization and Lowes is no different. It is easy to see that when there are some good ones as well as bad ones in one location. A good manager gets people to want to work while a bad one had to push people to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is inter-reaction with customers but, unfortunately, the amount of time that you are allowed to do that, with some managers, is limited by the time you are doing stock work. When customers are looking for assistance, you should never be climbing a wall to fill in a stock hole. Some managers don't seem to understand that.
the fish stinks from the head
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Hazleton, PAJuly 12, 2019
new CEO took away many positions creating a heavier work load on employees. CEO also took away HR and now associates are responsible for their own paperwork. the job isn't difficult if you are properly trained. other senior associates are unwilling to teach.
Pros
easy to request time off, no point system
Cons
unprofessional management, lack of leaderships, lack of training. Pay is unfair. raises arent given accordingly. very hard to move up in company.
Doesn't care for employees
Professional Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 10, 2019
Since i have worked for the company..... i have been able to obtain my forklift license, order picker licences, and star wars. I am able to work alone in 9 different departments from lumber, outdoor power equipment, loader, sales rep, appliance department, paint department, receiving department and cleaning appliances. However once a raise was requested and employees wanted better pay. The company and the managers turned the opposite way. Their is no security mutiple merchandise has been stolen, during the day and overnight. Upset customers have all apologized after having a encounter with me, because of my great customer service. However the company doesn't treat employees right at all. Instead of paying properly and being respectful its the complete opposite. Hardest part of the job is handling 6customers by myself, loading 3 customers purchased appliances, while answering calls for my department, and making sure that the merchandise is not being tolen or abused all at one time.
Pros
Getting off work
Cons
not paying employees properly
relaxed enironment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJuly 8, 2019
A fairly relaxed environment where employees received the training necessary so as not to have to be continually watched over or be told what tasks needed to be performed
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Performing tasks that required outdoor activity could be uncomfortable during poor weather
Lowe’s
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Menifee, CAJuly 8, 2019
A typical work day at Lowe’s since I do work in other departments, I’m known as a universal employee. So my typical work day is 4 am I scan iron which is all the holes in each department. Then I fill out a report and move on to pricing. I do price audits so I take the old price off and put the new price on. As an electrical associate customers always come first so I find out there needs and wants if we may not have what they need I will find something similar so everyone leaves happy and satisfied.
Lowe's is miserable
Sales Associate/Electrical (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 4, 2019
To make a long story short I worked in the electrical department for roughly 8 months, during the month of November one coworker suffered a heart attack (of which he unfortunately did not make it) while the other quit altogether after being frustrated by management. I was left to cover the entire department by myself for the whole month with little to no help. Then on Black Friday of all days I was suddenly told that I was being let go for not making sales numbers, I'm one person so how on Earth can I make the numbers!?
Pros
Cons
no work/life balance, if you get a proper weekend be ready to work 9 days in a row and not get over time, management was awful
Productive and environment friendly.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2019
Working at lowes, many people appreciated hard work ethnicity. Working hard with a great attitude characterized made customers feel happy and willingly to shop.
Lowe's
Sales Associate (CSA) (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJuly 2, 2019
At the time, it was great because I needed the job but wasn't too much room for growth. If your attribute excelled in a specific area that's pretty much where you stayed.
Excellent work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJuly 2, 2019
This business was fair and fast paced. The management and co workers were willing to help with anything the employee needed and also would train you if you wanted.
Productive, helpful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJuly 1, 2019
Always improving the store, the merchandise. Staff is collaborative and easy to work with. Learn new things from each department. Customers were always satisfied.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
no advancement
Productive and enthusiastic workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJuly 1, 2019
Working at this company provides plenty of opportunities for a raise based on work ethic. Most near everyone is there to get their job done. Most of the way it is managed can be questionable.

59.5K

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

35%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss