Lowe's Employee Reviews

21.9K
11.5K
Found 25,443 reviews matching the search See all 26,221 reviews
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad,NMMay 24, 2018
Typical day is checking your DSHR, IRP, packdown, check orders, call vendors, sales,zoning, cleaning, learning comes from constant computer modules.The hardest part finding working equipment to do your job efficiently,which is limited. The most enjoyable part was making friends.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
health care costs to high
Not a great work environment
Cashier and Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 24, 2018
Lowe's overall is a good company to work for, but like all major chain stores the work environment of each store is determined by the management and other teammates there. My location's management was subpar and only made my time there worse after factoring in the less than desirable clientele.
Productive and fun
Paint department (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSMay 24, 2018
Lowe's is a fast paced environment, and very competitive. I liked working with the customers, mixing there paint and working with different people and helping people pick out there colors.
Pros
fun
Cons
no cons
Great company other than work life balance
Human Resources Manager / Generalist (Former Employee) –  Gibsonia, PAMay 24, 2018
Its retail! Expect to work weird hours like nights, weekends and even Mid shifts to provide coverage to all employees, which happen to be scheduled 24-7, 365. They also expect you to work 6 days and only pay you for 5. It was aggravating because it was expected regardless of workload. Its easy and safe work however it is RETAIL. It comes with the territory. Also, when I worked for them the bonus system they had in place really made it possible to earn a lot of money! If all the numbers were hit at the end of the year you received a bonus for 40% of your salary as an HR Manager. That really bumped up the yearly earnings and made it seem like the 6th day per week you gave to them was almost worth it.
Pros
safe and easy work, learn a lot about corporate business/culture
Cons
Work Life Balance. Very difficult to plan anything outside of work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALMay 24, 2018
I love working at Lowe’s. It is a pretty laid back environment. The employees are great to work with and so are most of the managers. As a cashier the job isn’t hard at all.
Cons
Short breaks
Working at Lowes
Receivers Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAMay 24, 2018
Although i have worked in other places after lowes, it is still a place i can recommend people to work in. There are different departments in the store anyone could work in, as long as the receive training.
Not a great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 23, 2018
started out in customer service at $12.50/hour. Poor training. You're expected to take calls from customers, mostly wondering where their order is. Very boring.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
low pay, advancement opps.
Can be a fun place to work. But unfair management practices are in place.
Delivery Driver(classB cdl position) (Former Employee) –  Glen Carbon, ILMay 23, 2018
I was first hired as a hardware associate(temporary) but it was with the possibility of becoming a department manager. I first noticed unfair practices when upper management was picking on an associate because he was considered a dork. Didn't take much time for him to be let go. So I worked in hardware for about 5 months when they placed me as a delivery driver. At that point I truly loved working at Lowe's. and I did great in that department. So good I was asked to apply to go to another store to help rebuild their delivery department. I worked as closely with the department manager as I could. His time was limited though due to him being department manager of receiving. So I took control and had carte Blanche over the delivery department. I trained my Co-driver and selected designated helpers of which I also trained. I got the store manager to get us a brand new truck. As I said I loved it there at that point. But there was a change in store management and they hired someone who did not know what she was doing. Furthermore she had been fired from Target for unfair labor practices as well as intimidating her employees. She placed a target on the delivery department. When she was fired the target she placed had remained. We were considered the best delivery department that store ever had yet they fired my co- driver and tried to force my resignation. They did that on my birthday. I received numerous customer service awards as my co-driver had to. We respected everyone but in the end no matter how we performed they were never happy. No matter how many customer compliments we  more... received that target on our department never went away. My co- driver was fired, my helper was fired and my designated associate helpers were removed from the driver department. Top that wit my resignation. Bottom line it's a great place to work for a short time. Just make it short and move on so you can find a career.  less
Pros
Read my post
Cons
Read my post
poor management, poor hours, good co workers
Loader (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 23, 2018
Because of my position I only am able to direct where items are but never trained on or provided any knowledge of products, just pull in carts from lot
Pros
good work enviorment
Cons
management horrible
productive and hours were great
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAMay 23, 2018
went in at 4am to unload a 40ft truck. i put the merchandise on the proper pallet that it belonged on because each department had it’s own pallet/(s). then after we unload, we take the pallets to the correct department and then we stocked the merchandise on the shelves.
Pros
4am-12pm
Cons
rude employees

Want to know more about Lowe's?

Ask a question
I loved it at first, but they've made it real hard to even like.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Redmond, ORMay 23, 2018
If you love to be treated like you are not a person and talked down to by management and your human resources person, then this is the place for you. If you're lucky you'll find a good store to work in but you'll never know until you're already in, and then they'll send your manager to a different store and give you a new one who turns your store into one of the no good ones.
Pros
It's easy to get hired
Cons
The hours fluctuate greatly from 10 to 29
summary
Hardware and tools sales associate (Current Employee) –  Delavan, WIMay 23, 2018
my typical day at lowe's is working in tools selling them to customers, answering phones. using powered equipment to get thing down. the most enjoyable part are my co workers.
Chronically shortstaffed
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 23, 2018
Had only one weekend a month off; work day began anywhere from 7 am to 1 pm to 3 pm to 10 pm. Personnel manager refused to discipline one of my employees who consistently refused to perform tasks assigned, and sabotaged work tasks. She had wanted the position to which I was promoted, but did not take any of the classes necessary to qualify for it. She was the greatest pain in the rear end, combined with being chronically short staffed personnel necessary to satisfy minimum census necessary to satisfy corporate staff policies. Most enjoyable were my immediate managers who worked collaboratively with me to improve customer service and grow sales.
Pros
Occasional potluck lunches on holidays
Cons
Employee sabotage and short staff
Honestly a great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSMay 23, 2018
Employees are nice and the whole atmosphere is welcoming, good benefits are a plus, overall an enjoyable experience. They are also flexible when it comes to scheduling.
enjoyed interaction with customers
Lowe's Home Improvemen tcashier / customer service (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 23, 2018
I enjoyed the garden center although it was hot some days, busy weekends, made time go by fast, learned about care of plants. hardest part was standing on concrete for many hours a day , customers were friendly,
Pros
hour lunches, nice co workers, friendly customers
Cons
long hours on my feet on concrete
Lowe's
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 23, 2018
I love what I do at Lowe's. I have the opportunity to learn and stretch my abilities. The people I work with are helpful and I enjoy meeting new customers.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Hours
love it
Sales Specialist Pro Services (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEMay 23, 2018
They don't care about the employees been with Lowes 10 years and you decide to terminate me because I was in Rehab. Good luck to your employees. Because your company sucks
decent job
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 23, 2018
work is stressful but what job isn't
unloading freight is okay its just you need to be quick and fast paced because there is only four of you breaking down the truck and you will need to be quick
you 4-5 to break everything down onto pallets and have it done by a certain time and then pulled out to sales floor for the dayy time stokers to put up freight.
a lot of heavy lifting because you get in lawn mowers weed trimmers appliances as well
Customer service is my number one priority. Generating a rapport with consumers is important to me so as to keep the customers coming back.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  near Pittsburgh, PAMay 23, 2018
My review summary takes away from some of the more menial tasks that upset management when I don't get to do all the things need to be done (e.g., making sure that layout of the product aligns with the department plan-o-grams, all product is blocked and clearly on display, signage, pricing, and sales are clear to the customer, etc.) I try to keep up with most of these things, but servicing customers interferes most of the time.
Pros
Excellent company, plenty of opportunity for advamcement, opportunities to deal with a divers group of people, including co-workers and customers.
Cons
Department is understaffed, During a typical 9-hour shift breaks are never taken, Running to the restroom happens about 3 times per shift for about 3 minutes each
overall terrible work environment
Project Specialist Interiors (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 22, 2018
if salaried you are expected to work whenever they think you should, I have not learned anything useful with this job unless patients counts, if anything I have taught more than I have learned, management is terrible especially the store manager. The company is an entire sham that overworks its employees and gives little to no benefits to those that work the most to keep the stores running while managers and those higher up the food chain continue to have multiple weeks vacation and yearly incentives based on the work of specialist