Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 32,495 reviews matching the search See all 33,553 reviews
What I learned
Warehouse Team Member (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 20, 2019
Teamwork and various safety rules and techniques for maintaining your personal health while working in a warehouse and lifting heavy boxes. Also learned to operate power equipment.
Really Fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDJuly 20, 2019
Working at Lowe's during 2019 was really troublesome because management is really poor, and all of the associates are really underappreciated for their hardwork, the associates are wonderful people. And, the store manager isn't that great, and rarely acknowledges the hardwork the associates put into his store.
Hard working job, yet relaxed at the same time.
Lowe's stocker (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 20, 2019
On weeks where the days we had freight where spaced out (Mon, Wed, Fri), we usually had big trucks and the pace was quick. Leftover freight usually is worked on the no-truck days. On weeks where truck days were bunched together, it was slower and more relaxed pace. On no-truck days, we usually got off early.
Pros
Got off early on no-freight days, good pay, reliable job.
Cons
People always blame the stockers
Ok for a first job/student
Installed Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJuly 20, 2019
Benefits are provided if you can afford them with their pay. ASM's and store manager are friendly but show a lack of care for employees. All supervisors were great to work with and showed great care for their department team members. They operate on a shifting corporate schedule, which is extremely inconvenient, for "fairness." Very reluctant to give meaningful raises.
Not much to say.
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 20, 2019
Nothing to say. I would go back if managment listened to their people and really tried to make change. Company is wonderful. Not flexible with scheduling.
Lowe's has major problems.
CDL Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALJuly 20, 2019
Don't do it run very stressful job, and most locations have poor management. Management doesn't care if the trucks are broke, or won't pass dot inspection they won't fix it besides slapping a band aid on it.our truck got ran 9qtrs low on oil and fried the engine. They won't even let you do a walk around check in the morning without rushing off the yard. They pick the orders the same day they try to deliver them as muscle shoals and its a horribly inefficient. If you want to work for lowes make sure the store has good management. I was also physically threatened by a manager how professional that was. Good entry to get experience and move on nothing more.
Pros
decent pay and benefits
Cons
no smoking, stressful, incomplete/wrong orders delivered, bad management
Yard jockey/trainer (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJuly 20, 2019
Great place to work. The safety culture is hard to beat. A very family oriented workplace. Great pay. Great benefits and great people. Management is respectful and always willing to help.
Fast past environment
Stock clerk / forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Lutz, FLJuly 20, 2019
Lowe's is a family oriented employer that cares about there employee's. I would recommend this employer to anyone looking for a fast pass environment with the opportunity for advancement
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Weekends
Terrible place to work
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALJuly 20, 2019
Very bad place to work management is terrible nobody cares until something happen they will constantly lie about everything can't trust no one in the store very unorganized vehicles are unsafe total waste of time for any Class A truck driver fooling with this company you can possibly lose your license because no one wants to fix anything all equipment is old and out of date
environmentsomething very unsafe
Ok
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLJuly 20, 2019
not fair to older employees wanting to advance. change your work days to often. needs to work with the employees more
they need to help balance working times
Temporary only
PC (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJuly 20, 2019
1 h lunch scheduled, no manager has th same answer, bad communication, get blamed for things you didn't do even though their are cameras they can check, and always procrastinating
Multi stops, fast paced, high volume.
Delivery technician @Lowes (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 20, 2019
Hard working, dependable. Company going to 3rd party contract for deliveries. Corporate decision. Cut my hours. Corporate saves money on trucks, fuel, man hours.
Great working and learning experience, also very productive.
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 20, 2019
Lowe's was an awesome job because it taught me a great learning and work experience that has helped me in my future job experiences. I learned how to be more outgoing and t a team player.
I've learned about Electrical Plumbing and flooring and also working in the paint Department and working in home decor cutting blinds.
I enjoy working with my customers end helping them sign with they need.
Pros
Free lunches, barbecue, potlucks.
Easy and a fun place to work.
Front-End Loader (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INJuly 20, 2019
I think this is one of the best jobs I have worked at hands down! The management is extremely understanding. Highly recommend this job to anyone. It is a very laid back place to work.
HR out... no voice for employees
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaJuly 20, 2019
I feel sad for the employees now that HR is gone. Store management will not have time to listen to their needs. The CEO doesn't care about people, just the bottom line and he is trying to get back at Home Depot, so that's his goal.
Management sucked
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CAJuly 20, 2019
Liked the job , management sucked (very clickish). The manager would never leave her office unless there were visitors the day before . I worked 33yrs in the grocery business from a bagger to asst mgr and before our shift we walked the store EVERY DAY . Showed she didn't care about the store or the people .
Great starting job
Paint CSA (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 20, 2019
Absolutely love my store. Co-workers get along great, managers are always willing to help, and hours are flexible. There are sometimes where it gets overwhelming, usually around 12 and 5. Customers can be rude but no one can help that. Training is boring and takes about 2 days to watch videos.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Miscommunication
Tops Among Retail Employers
CERTIFIED SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 20, 2019
I have always enjoyed my time spent at Lowe's. The work environment is great, as I was surrounded by excellent coworkers. Management teams are always on top of things and willing to listen to and aid employees in all avenues of work life.
Awful
Lowes associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2019
One of the worse jobs I've ever had. Enough said. Everything is so wrong and stressful that I can't wait to leave this place. Never again will I apply here.I only gave it a one star because I couldn't give it zero stars.
Lowe’s isn’t for everyone I guess
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJuly 19, 2019
I worked for Lowe’s twice in two different states once in my early 20s in franklin tn and once in my mid 30s in hawthorn ca . I’ve had some good paying jobs in between those two times but over all Lowe’s is the best company I’ve worked for. My experience was that management actually cared about the employees and corporate showed they some what cared feeding the employees once in awhile

59.6K

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight