Lowe's Employee Reviews

good
Customer Service / Box Truck Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bella Vista, ARMay 22, 2018
good working environment and friendly co workers, always puts the customers first and always making sure that they our satisfied leaving the store. Great discounts
looking for new job
Outside Lawn and Garden Associate (Current Employee) –  Downingtown, PAMay 21, 2018
Lowes is a good place but if I can get a job that pays and gives better hours where I'm not working till midnight every night. I'm fine with closing but till 12 making me have no social life at all.
Pros
relaxed and cool people. pays well
Cons
bad hours.
I enjoyed my time with Lowe's
Customer Service Associate/Teamleader (Former Employee) –  Farmville, VA 23901May 21, 2018
I'd come in check to see if there were any locks to be fixed then go about my business of inventory reports and customer needs. I learned a great deal from working there like inventory, fixing locks, cutting glass. I was lucky and to of the best managers in the store. That's Zone Manager and Department Manager. The work place environment was of a family. The hardest part of the job was the lifting, a lot of heavy lifting. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the people and the return customers.
Pros
An excellent place to work.
Cons
Did not like working swing shifts, it's hard on the body and mind.
On task & quota markers,
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMay 21, 2018
Can be fast or slow paced environment of work, also can have advantages for advancements with the help of dedication. Good benefits & discounts, overall great job for consistency
Pros
Pay & bonuses
Cons
Lack of workers
Lowe's is an ok place to work.
Cashier: July 2016 to July 2017 (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 21, 2018
I mostly worked as a cashier in the lumber department. I felt like when I needed a manager to help it took forever for them to get to me. I also felt like I didn't get much help from my co-workers when it came to pulling lumber supplies for customers or finding prices on items that did not have a bar code.
Pros
Enjoyed helping my customers and making new friends.
Cons
Not getting help from co-workers and having no bathroom in the lumber area.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAMay 21, 2018
The typical day at Lowe's would consist answering phone calls, processing online orders, and assisting customers with returns. Very friendly environment!
Summary
Tools and Hardware Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 21, 2018
There is no room for advancement, the managers do not care how the customers treat their employees. There is no support from the managers, they will move you to an new area and offer no training, they will in turn not train you when you ask for training.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
full of cut throat and unqualified managers
no one want to provide traing in areas you dont know
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 21, 2018
require to operate machinery that was unfamiliar and one one would listen to the request for help.also being assigned a job or task and then for know reason being replaced with some one else because they cried to supervisor
Job
Appliance Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 21, 2018
It was a good job just not as organized as I would have liked. There were good workers but most of the time it seemed like all the workload was getting put a few people
Corporate driven
Pro Service Account Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 21, 2018
Fast paced environment. Understaffed departments, Corporate does not give the support you need to do your job. Outdated computer systems. Store management scared to lose job or be demoted. Constant corporate changes for store policies. Coworkers had very low morale.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
under staffed, low moral of coworkers, store management not available or willing to help at peak times
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Kent, OHMay 21, 2018
The workplace at the Lowe's I am at has been good. Almost all of my coworkers and the managers have been fantastic. I enjoy being able to help the customers that come in for a variety or product and while not all of them were perfect, the experience and work has been very good.
Great place to get a summer job
Receiver/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXMay 21, 2018
Lowes was a great place to work over the summer. The HR manager was extremely friendly and really helped me ease into my new job at lowes. My manager also was very kind and helpful in teaching me the duties and responsibilities of the job.
Pros
Hour long lunches were nice
Cons
You are standing all shift
Productive Work place
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Bedford, INMay 21, 2018
At Lowes I worked hours that were in my favor and received a competitive pay. I enjoyed my work and loved delivering new appliances to people. However the management was not up to par.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
poor management
Fun place to work but corporate office ran stores poorly
Product Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 21, 2018
I was a hardworking punctual manager as were many of my friends, jobs were restructured or eliminated altogether. Management made us feel like our opinion mattered but they became hostile and threatened if questioned or challenged. Maybe it was just in the location I worked in but even our district Manager was an egomaniac and not very nice in addition.
I didn't work directly for the companny
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2018
Worked for XPO as a 3rd party delivery company
lowes is good company, typical day 13 hours, learned how to create and cultivate relationship with different types of people. Management good, high pressure work environment
Great store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 21, 2018
Worked at the new one was a good store but not making money good people to work with very customer friendly always helped everyone out and a lot of good customer feedback
Pros
Cons
Associates
lowes
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMay 21, 2018
Management /hr won`t work with you. No one wants to there job. Or it`s not in there job descriptions.Hr wouldn`t help for relocation. Employees when your not around stab you in back.
Pros
wage
Cons
management
Challenging, fast paced, rewarding.
Back End Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKMay 21, 2018
Company challenges personal abilities to perform as an individual as well as a team partner. Opportunities to exercise and perform problem solving skills and apply them to a fast paced retail setting. The store is very much a team culture environment with work /life balance a part of daily operations.
Pros
Opportunities to utilize skills.
Front-End and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palmyra, PAMay 21, 2018
Lowes was a great company to work for. Some part of management were unorganized and lie, but overall was worth it. I would say just always follow-up a conversation with management with an email so your words do not get twisted to make the manager look in the positive.
Good, but bad
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 21, 2018
Its a great store and a great company but I call I tend to wait a long time to get ahold of one department. Customer service is great and so is the management.

57.8K
48.7K
36.3K
21.9K
11.5K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

59out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Lowe's.