Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 32,495 reviews matching the search See all 33,553 reviews
Fast Pace
Receiving and Facilities Maintenance Services (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NY 12866July 19, 2019
The job wasn't bad but Management was very poor. Often have to do the work of 3-4 people but without the pay for that type of workload. Employees are like a revolving door due to poor management and pay. Morale is very low.
fast paced and fun.
Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAJuly 19, 2019
-fast paced and very fun environment.
-always changing
-not a lot of coverage at times
-the best part of the job is providing customer service to many different type of people.
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, ORJuly 19, 2019
Everyone there will help you no matter what department you're in. Coaches are very helpful. PI's and Trainers are great. You are able to learn how to drive safely all Equipment.
if employed remember that everyone is keeping score
Customer Service Associate III (Former Employee) –  lowes olympiaJuly 19, 2019
I worked at lowes for 8yrs. it seemed when I was at work that associates along with supervisors liked to make character evaluations that echoed thruout the store behind your back.During my 8 yrs.there were 3 store managers,and numerous department managers always seeking to be the most important employee in the store.
The managers were hard to deal with on a day-to-day basis.
Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAJuly 19, 2019
Overall though it was a okay working environment good people but rough hours. The managers would not allow you to change your hours when you wanted to change your hours I was forced to work at 4 a.m. in the morning everyday and wait for a truck that was supposed to show up at 7 that never showed up at 7 that only arrived when they wanted to the truck drivers were a little difficult to deal with which also made the job a little bit challenging and then a lot of times the orders would not be pulled correctly and I had to correct the order pullers job which felt like doing someone else's job instead of just my own but overall it was a good place to work with good people again.
Great company
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, ORJuly 19, 2019
Team members work hard to bring an amazing service to public with great people onboard handling any difficulties with great attitude and confidence without mentioning the exceptional support coaches do.
great company
Appliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2019
great company to work for, their store systems are very outdated , overall great people , great discounts, good hours. Pay is decent but not for a long term career. There is room to grow.
Not a bad place to work if you have good managers.
Lowes associate (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 19, 2019
Decent pay some of it is hard work. If you have good managers then things go smoothly if not it can be chaos. They hire you full time for the spring and summer after summer they lay you off or cut your hours so bad that you have to find something else. The store I worked at had horriable managers. Some has been fired since but they had their click.
Lowes working experience
Team Leader/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Leander, TXJuly 19, 2019
I would work at Lowes again. This was one of my favorite jobs. They are easy to work for and they value family problems. They are understanding and flexible with work schedules.
Loved working there!
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 19, 2019
Loved it but just found a higher paying job. Would go back to work there in the future. It was fast paced at times and slow at times but the hours would go by fast because it would get busy all of a sudden and by the time you knew it it was time to go to lunch or go home.
Horrible experience
Install Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 19, 2019
Do yourself a favor & keep looking. Lowe's is not a good or even decent employer. There are a lot of hoops to jump through. Unnecessary red tape that seems to exist solely to make employee's lives miserable.
Nice place to work
Assembler/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJuly 19, 2019
Nice place to work if you need the money. Retail takes a special kind of person to truly make it their career. My experience was very positive customer interactions and management support. This is not always the case though.
Active and enjoyable place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSJuly 19, 2019
Lowe's was a very active environment that I enjoyed working in. The only thing I did not like this job was I was never aloud to receive enough hours.I would for sure work at Low's again if I could receive the hours and better pay.
Good job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAJuly 19, 2019
This job is good if you like to work and get paid for how hard you work they bonus they give it all depends on how your monthly score comes out the hours are ok and management leaves you to do your job and doesn’t bother you at all
Schedule
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwood, OHJuly 19, 2019
I don't know why as a salary manager I have to work 50+ hrs every week... it's too much... Also schedule is very different every week, to set your work life balance..
High stress little payroll
Lowe's Home Improvement (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJuly 19, 2019
My time with lowe's was amazing until the last year. Corporate structural changes made everyone's life from District Manager down to hourly employees life high stressed and no work life balance.
Productive and fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INJuly 19, 2019
I loved working at Lowe's. It was fun and quick paced most days. I got new experiences that I had never had. I would definitely recommend working at Lowe's.
Performance doesn't matter
Customer Servicer Associate (Current Employee) –  Seekonk, MAJuly 19, 2019
You can be up on all of your work and still it's never done. The people on 3rd shift that upstock have no training. Spend all day arranging stock they come in and they just put product "wherever". Very aggravating. Not enough coverage to help customers. Some covering 2-3 dept. at a time and no appreciation from manager.
Horrible management
Head cashier (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 18, 2019
Horrible hours, management playing favorites, management not standing up for you when customers got verbally abusive and managers not standing behind policy, bends policy when they see it fit.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Healthcare was expensive, terrible management, favoritism, terrible hours
My location was a train wreck.
Head Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  MOJuly 18, 2019
Normally I'd not partake in airing dirty laundry. The problem with the location I worked for was that none of the managers on djtt, full store manager and department heads ever communicated. Your weekly schedule could change daily. They could have you work 2 days give you three off and have you work 8 more in a row after that because of how the schedule was structured. They allowed the federally mandated brakes (Missouri doesn't require businesses to give adults breaks but the federal government does for companies such as this) and I was told by my supervisor and by anyone around me I wouldn't get breaks. Of course the boss assured me I could have breaks, I was reminded by my department head my position would probably beve get one. I was paid the maximum starting wage for my position since the computer that generates the starting wage wasn't working when I was hired. Good people but you will end up running a store with massive sales goals on half of the staff you have scheduled and that is even way too few of people to run those stores. Steady work and okay benifits but still my location atleast was a nightmare. If it wasn't for hard working employees who bent over backwards that place would be shut down by corporate in a heart beat.

59.6K

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight