Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 29,649 reviews matching the search See all 30,567 reviews
Nice place but always changing
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 22, 2019
Good benefits, but cut-throat. Management does not really care about employees. Job and rules always changing. They did provide a lot of services for the community.
Benefits
Cons
Management style
Good company with poor management
Loss Prevention & Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  CAJanuary 22, 2019
I have worked with Lowe's for many years. It is a mixture and unique, diverse workplace with great colleagues and fickle management. I have learned many skills about company initiatives and program execution, but also learned that it is all dependent on management. If you have a fair consistent manager, then you can expect to be treated fairly. However, if you come across one that has poor people skills, then it is not so pleasant. There is an insufficient amount of training in almost all management roles with no resolution as of yet. Workplace culture is hit/miss. The most enjoyable part of the job is the networking and the people you meet. Along the years, Lowe's as a company has really preached being a part of something bigger than yourself and the multiple stores that I have been in seem to really rally into this and work as a team.
Great Company
Paint Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJanuary 22, 2019
Very educational, great staff, enjoyed my team mates and worked hard in paint dept.
Worked with me on the technology sid.
Ran department when manager was not available.
Was called on to cover shifts
Pros
Money, Team Mates
Cons
Weekends
Great Place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 22, 2019
Store Operations worked in several stores as manager in training and operations manager . Managed two different locations. Store walks meeting and greeting associates and customers address as needed issues.
Pros
management
Average Retail Environment
Customer Service Associate IV (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 22, 2019
Lowe's is an average retail store. It has enough variety throughout the day to keep you interested, and is a good enough place to work. The best thing about Lowe's is the customer service environment. Most associates I work with like their jobs, and everyone being relatively positive is much needed.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Unresponsive Management
was an ok place to work
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJanuary 22, 2019
unless you play their politics you don't have a chance to move around to other places on the floor or advancement for that matter. Went seasonal after working as a cashier for a year and after the seasonal stint was over they were going to put me back as a cashier--told them that I wouldn't last 6 months so opted to be laid off with the rest of the seasonal people--don't have a problem with a job where I can move around but standing in one spot isn't good for my back.
Pros
ok job as long as you can handle standing in one spot for long periods of time
Cons
politics
Lowe's lacks is communication, but was an ok place to work
Admin office/ customer service (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 22, 2019
They made a lot of changed in my time of changing where I worked. I'm not sure what direction of the company's is currently taking. They started paying the new people on a better pay rate, but didnt compensate the employees that were already there.
Pros
You get lunch and two breaks
Cons
Poor communications
Lowes was a very good place to work.
Shipping/Receiving Associate, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 22, 2019
I worked for Lowes home improvement stores for 5 years. It was an excellent job because I like the flexibility of different tasks during the day. Also I was moving around all the time, always busy with stocking merchandise or helping customers. And a great team oriented crew to work with.
Pros
Free food, volunteer opportunities, children's workshops.
Cons
Not enough staff to handle customers during peak hours.
A place to work and grow.
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 22, 2019
Lowe's is home improvement. It's focus, is meeting the needs of the customer. Whether, you're Pro customer, a DIY customer or first customer the task is the same to build strong loyal relationship within our community. The buildings are clean, well maintain and a friendly environment. Lowe's believes in a strong safety culture. Associates are encouraged to be involved in their growth and development. Lowe's is a great place to work.
Pros
Career opportunities
Cons
N/a
I had fun working here
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIJanuary 22, 2019
Fun job to work at. Great place for college students or first job. Nothing to stressful about the job unless you can't handle busy times. Staff was all friendly and easy to work with.
Not a good place to work.
Product service associate (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 22, 2019
Management is a joke. They have no clue how to do their job. They do not communicate with each other or their employees. Lowe's does not care about its employees. They only care about making money.
fun place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 22, 2019
Lowe's is a great company to work for and I would recommend it to anybody looking for work. They look out for their employees and do everything in there power to help their employees
Pros
great place to work
Cons
had to leave
could be better
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 22, 2019
company trying to get most employees to have knowledge of many departments, rather than having departments with specialist (the old adage- jack of all trades, but master of none), management was fragmented, no consistency from one manager to another,. No mechanism in place for suggestions to be forwarded to higher ups to make improvements for better service to the customers. Employees are treated differently based on if one of the managers liked you or not - not equal.
Pros
I got to work with some good people
Cons
I got to work with some poor people
Too much change
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 22, 2019
They changed management structure in stores, the CEO leaves, a new CEO comes in, then changes the structure again. Cutting part time employee hours to unlivable wages.
Pros
Decent coworkers, pay is better than most retail
Cons
Little to no hours part time, inconsistent schedule, poor vacation time
People you work with on a daily basis are wonderful!
Part Time Sales Associate (Flooring) (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PA 15904January 22, 2019
Mainly catering to customers wants and needs. Have to know how to walk them through the steps and products needed for their project if they don't already know. Have an opened mind and be willing to help customers match and coordinate different styles for their home.
Pros
Fun work atmosphere
Cons
no hours guarantied weekly for part-time workers
Lack of hourly pay and no job security
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 22, 2019
The company is a fast past job in which management is so hung up with stuff that half the time you have to figure out what exactly your job for the day is because nothing is the same.
Lowes is a great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 22, 2019
I loved customer service , working as a front end cashier was very exciting I am a people person. I loved interacting with the customers and helping them out.
Pros
Great work environment
Productive but pressing
Bartonsville - Seasonal Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bartonsville, PAJanuary 22, 2019
I worked very hard at Lowe's but I didn't necessarily like the people I worked with. It was stressful at times, but other times it was a normal temporary summer job.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Intense
Lots of change in 2019
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Central PennsylvaniaJanuary 22, 2019
This could be a great company to join if your priorities align to where the company is headed. Tumultous environment right now, with many positions being both created and eliminated. Currently, the company is way behind the competition in terms of technology and systems, which makes it difficult to provide customers with even the most basic services.
Good Summer Job
Seasonal Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJanuary 22, 2019
I only worked here during the summer while I was at school. Hours were flexible and the work wasn't too demanding. Definitely would recommend to anyone who just needs seasonal part time work.

58.9K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

47%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

56%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss