Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 28,561 reviews matching the search See all 29,452 reviews
Good Pay for retail Job
Department Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley, WANovember 13, 2018
Each store is different. This is due to how the store is run by the current management. I worked at 2 different stores for my 4 years of Lowes work and had 3 different managers. What kind of manager really does change how you enjoy your job. Some care alot others dont. So ask around the store to see how current management is.
Pros
Good pay for specialist
Cons
Not a lot of training or help with such small department teams
fun place to work with good people
Loader (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 13, 2018
I enjoyed working with the people and getting along with the customers. There I was able to learn and develop my people skills and be able to help people.
Pros
hour lunch, paid vacation
Cons
have to work a year to get benefits or vacation time
bad place to work
Shipping and receiving clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILNovember 13, 2018
Management is terrible. All they do is walk around together and talk to each other. They need to be better trained. They have employees that have been there forever with the worst attitudes, that makes it a bad environment to work.
Decent Job
Unloading associate (Current Employee) –  Hibbing, MNNovember 13, 2018
This is a nice place to work, but the management needs work. I think this is a good job for people who are beginning the work force and need guidance in what a real job is like.
its a good company
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 13, 2018
i like working there. associates are fun to work with. great hours, great shifts to work. its a good company to work for. customers are friendly and nice.
Pros
good hours
Can be stressful
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 13, 2018
Overall, a decent place to work. The only issue that I had was with the amount of work they expected from one individual. Their expectations were too high for one person.
Great people
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 13, 2018
Loved job. Always work to do and had many great mgrs. Managed many great people and helped more while I was at the store. I started out as a loader and less than a year later, I was a dept mgr. I was cross-trained in many of the departments
Pros
Great people
Cons
Productive and fun work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WANovember 13, 2018
Lowe’s was an amazing work experience. Everyone was friendly. Everyone really helped each other out, it was like a big work family. I would definitely recommend Lowe’s.
Great company to work for
CSA Admin (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 13, 2018
Lowe's is an outstanding company to work for, they truly care about helping not only their employees but their communities as well.

Management are generally willing to listen and help associates and customers whenever/ where ever they can. Teamwork is key everyone is expected to help each other no matter what particular department each person is in.
Just Great
Project Specialist Exteriors Sales (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 13, 2018
Very fair company to work for. Can plan a future with them as well. i wish I had started with them years ago and also vested in their stock options along with the matched 401k.
Pros
Too many to list here
Cons
Can't think of any.
Friendly Environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLNovember 13, 2018
Everyone you worked with was always with a smile on their face including most customers. You really learn a lot about customers and coworkers when working with one another.
Pros
Paid 15 minute breaks
Cons
Standing long periods of time
Really relaxed in the management departmemt but theres no real authoratative presence
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Bruno, CANovember 12, 2018
Job wise its a really relaxed environment but the relationships between staff and management is too casual. Timely management is too loose and no authority on absences and missed days. No according punishment is taken.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
Healthcare no vacation time
Great Company to work for long term
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 12, 2018
Lowe's will invest into develping their people for the next position but thats only if you're invested into the company. Each store is ran differently but with the right management you'll have fun while being developed.
Pros
They strongly believe in promoting within
stressful environment
Retail Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, VANovember 12, 2018
I've worked for Lowe's 18 years and it has gotten worse as the years go by. Lowe's used to be pro employee and cared about it's people. Now it's just pro customer at all cost to it's employees. Very rude cliental as well
Pros
1 hr lunch break
Cons
only 1 hr lunch break
Great work environment with opportunity for growth
Business Process Architect (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCNovember 12, 2018
I began working for Lowe's in 2012. Since then I have grown personally and professionally through my work experience and candid feedback on my performance,
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Job Security
Wasnt a bad gig
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 12, 2018
Wasn't micromanaged and was allowed to do my job and go home. Full time student at the time so I didn't mind it at all... But if you needed something you'd never know who to ask cause there is so little management
Excellent Company, with a diversed culture
Service Support Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 12, 2018
I would like to say being at Lowe's for over 11 years, I have seen many changes, some changes were tried and succeeded and some changes failed. In every instance they always tried to look what was best for the company,and the employees. Now with a new C.E.O in place, I see lots of positivity and a boost in moral. I believe the company is headed in a great direction, as the C.E.O brings in team members that will help support this direction.
Pros
Safe clean stores, seeing a postive change in upper management.
Cons
Not enough staff to accomodate customer traffic, following other reatailers and not thinking outside the box
Fast paced work environment very competitive.
WAREHOUSE RECEIVER, SHIPPER & EXPEDITOR (Former Employee) –  Rome, GANovember 12, 2018
Everyone has a quota to fulfill and safety rules and regulations were overlooked and comprised to fulfill individual quotas. Different managers or shift leads would teach different techniques, nothing was consistent.
Pros
Paid Training
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Fun work with the right management
Unloaded (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDNovember 12, 2018
Easy job but not a lot of help from managers or higher ups
If you work in the front you will be fine, if work in the back you will be alone in limbo.
Pros
Fun work, easy
Cons
Not a lot of communication
Positive
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, MDNovember 12, 2018
It's a good place to work but manager stays on your back just do your work when you get finished your department they will send you to help some else if they need it

58.6K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

47%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

56%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss