Lowell Community Health Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
very stressful work place
Patient Account Representative I (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJune 24, 2018
Posting payments for most of my day
and also posting patient payments via money orders or credit card
The management didn't compensate you when we had deadlines to
meet and we did them.
the most enjoyable part was my co workers
hardest part of the job was not having your boss's back.
Pros
free lunches once in a while
Cons
not getting adequate raises
experince
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJune 13, 2018
patients were hard but fun, you learned to be apart of a community .defiantly like high school drama and bullying daily because of titles . I mean since I left a lot of people quit so maybe its much better and the staff is treated right .I cried everyday and felt horrible because I was treated so bad .
Pros
vaction earn time
Cons
not respected enough
Good place to gain experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJune 10, 2018
Excellent co-workers. Good place to gain experience as a new employee due to the patient population and an excellent place if you would like to grow as a community health worker.
FAMILY MEDICINE REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJune 7, 2018
The pay is not the best, but it is a great group of people to work with. The community can be tough, but it is a rewarding job. Community health experience will quickly be learned.
Great support and work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 25, 2018
I love working for Lowell CHC. This community gives so much and you know that you're making a difference working for this organization. Everyone are very supportive of each other and we all have one goal in common, which is to serve the community for the better.
Productive and a fun work environment
Leader (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 4, 2018
I was a peer leader at TeenBLOCK LCHC. It was a positive and friendly environment for teens from the high schools to come and enjoy. There are many different programs you can join to learn about different cultures, college readiness, dance, expressive art, etc. The hardest part was planning events back to back. The most enjoyable would be seeing all the teens and staff together, enjoying each others' presence.
very cultural
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAApril 5, 2018
did enjoy working there. patient of different backgrounds. I did not like to work the late shift although it is only 1 day out of the week and 4 Saturdays out of the year
Always understaffed with a very high turnover rate.
Manager of Quality and Education (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 20, 2018
Always understaffed with high turnover rate. Very stressful atmosphere. As staff leave and are not replaced the work is spread to others. Many staff do multiple full time jobs.
good place to work
HIV Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 22, 2018
good place to work for especially if you are looking for a fast paced environment. you get to meet different kind of people and be able to help them in all aspects of there life. The hardest thing about working at LCHC is when a person passes away that you have a connection with and have been working with to help them better they're life.
Pros
health benefits, insurance discounts and great oppertunity to learn and grow
Serving and helping people
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MANovember 29, 2017
Impressive, fun and proud of my job when helping patients to get medicines refill and get in time to see doctor. The hardest part is to see patient walk in did not get to see doctor.

Want to know more about Lowell Community Health Center?

Ask a question
time to move on
HIV/HCV Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAOctober 26, 2017
I have learned a lot about different cultures working here, and I do feel they provide great service for the community. However management is not great staff are underpaid and unappreciated. Most days we are short staffed because they can not keep their employees.
Former employee
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MASeptember 9, 2017
N/A
Overall not bad. Pretty flexible, like many companies they have their flaws that needs to fix. Also, like many other companies they are always looking to expand and not fixing the issues that are in front of them
The place is a joke to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MASeptember 2, 2017
I would not recommend the place to work the environment is very unprofessional the management sucks as well as the HR department the pay is horrible I feel like everyone is under paid and they are short staffed so you work hard extra hours and no one achknowledges you
Pros
Cons
Horrible place to work for
Receptionist
Receptionist/Medical Call Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 20, 2017
Checked patients in and out. Directed phone calls to appropriate departments. Answered all patient questions and provided additional information when needed. Scheduled appointments
fast pace.
Charge Nurse (FAMILY MEDICINE) (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 7, 2017
very fast environment, a lot to learn about primary care, very diverse community. The hardest part about the job is every patient is seen even if late. That puts the entire clinic behind. Also, they ask a lot of each employee and the pay is terrible.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
pay
Culturally competent company to work for.
Nurse Team Leader Adult Medicine Department - RN (Former Employee) –  LowellJune 6, 2017
The LCHC offers a myriad of opportunities for patient population to feel that they are getting a patient centered medical home and that the best is offered from all aspects of care.
Great Place to work at!
Development Associate (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 20, 2017
I absolutely love working at Lowell CHC. All of the upper management are encouraging and great leaders. All of the employees seem equally happy, throughout the building.
Externship
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 19, 2017
I did a 160 hour externship here. I loved the company and I loved the staff. I loved the learning opportunity. I love all the new skills that I have learned while doing my externship.
Great work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 25, 2017
Focus on Southeast Asia patients
Have learned many important skills as a Medical Assistant such as cultural competency, time management, multi-tasking skills, and vital Medical assistant duties
The hardest part of the job is seeing newly arrive refugees patients without clothing and access to assistants.
Its a great thing to have access to Outreach to gain and seek assistance for refugee patients.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with patients on the daily bases.
Productive work place that serves the community with high standards
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MADecember 30, 2016
We are a family who work together to provide exceptional customer service on a daily basis. We strive everyday to make sure our patients feel comfortable and satisfied at their visits.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
salary can be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lowell Community Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Lowell Community Health Center Reviews by Location