Lowell Community Health Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive and a fun work environment
Leader (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 4, 2018
I was a peer leader at TeenBLOCK LCHC. It was a positive and friendly environment for teens from the high schools to come and enjoy. There are many different programs you can join to learn about different cultures, college readiness, dance, expressive art, etc. The hardest part was planning events back to back. The most enjoyable would be seeing all the teens and staff together, enjoying each others' presence.
Always understaffed with a very high turnover rate.
Manager of Quality and Education (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 20, 2018
Always understaffed with high turnover rate. Very stressful atmosphere. As staff leave and are not replaced the work is spread to others. Many staff do multiple full time jobs.
good place to work
HIV Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 22, 2018
good place to work for especially if you are looking for a fast paced environment. you get to meet different kind of people and be able to help them in all aspects of there life. The hardest thing about working at LCHC is when a person passes away that you have a connection with and have been working with to help them better they're life.
Pros
health benefits, insurance discounts and great oppertunity to learn and grow
Serving and helping people
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MANovember 29, 2017
Impressive, fun and proud of my job when helping patients to get medicines refill and get in time to see doctor. The hardest part is to see patient walk in did not get to see doctor.
time to move on
HIV/HCV Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAOctober 26, 2017
I have learned a lot about different cultures working here, and I do feel they provide great service for the community. However management is not great staff are underpaid and unappreciated. Most days we are short staffed because they can not keep their employees.
Former employee
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MASeptember 9, 2017
N/A
Overall not bad. Pretty flexible, like many companies they have their flaws that needs to fix. Also, like many other companies they are always looking to expand and not fixing the issues that are in front of them
The place is a joke to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MASeptember 2, 2017
I would not recommend the place to work the environment is very unprofessional the management sucks as well as the HR department the pay is horrible I feel like everyone is under paid and they are short staffed so you work hard extra hours and no one achknowledges you
Pros
Cons
Horrible place to work for
Receptionist
Receptionist/Medical Call Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 20, 2017
Checked patients in and out. Directed phone calls to appropriate departments. Answered all patient questions and provided additional information when needed. Scheduled appointments
fast pace.
Charge Nurse (FAMILY MEDICINE) (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 7, 2017
very fast environment, a lot to learn about primary care, very diverse community. The hardest part about the job is every patient is seen even if late. That puts the entire clinic behind. Also, they ask a lot of each employee and the pay is terrible.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
pay
Culturally competent company to work for.
Nurse Team Leader Adult Medicine Department - RN (Former Employee) –  LowellJune 6, 2017
The LCHC offers a myriad of opportunities for patient population to feel that they are getting a patient centered medical home and that the best is offered from all aspects of care.
Great Place to work at!
Development Associate (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 20, 2017
I absolutely love working at Lowell CHC. All of the upper management are encouraging and great leaders. All of the employees seem equally happy, throughout the building.
Externship
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 19, 2017
I did a 160 hour externship here. I loved the company and I loved the staff. I loved the learning opportunity. I love all the new skills that I have learned while doing my externship.
Great work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 25, 2017
Focus on Southeast Asia patients
Have learned many important skills as a Medical Assistant such as cultural competency, time management, multi-tasking skills, and vital Medical assistant duties
The hardest part of the job is seeing newly arrive refugees patients without clothing and access to assistants.
Its a great thing to have access to Outreach to gain and seek assistance for refugee patients.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with patients on the daily bases.
Productive work place that serves the community with high standards
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MADecember 30, 2016
We are a family who work together to provide exceptional customer service on a daily basis. We strive everyday to make sure our patients feel comfortable and satisfied at their visits.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
salary can be better
Great personnel
MEDICAL ASSISTANT/ ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MANovember 11, 2015
Great place and co workers to work with. This was actually where I had put my skills and education learned from school and externship to work. People there are great, management is awesome I did various jobs there such as greeters Desk, Laboratory, OB/GYN and also worked for an Office Based Opiate Treatment. I unfortunately only worked for one year due to medical reasons if it wasn't for that I would still be there you make great long time friends there.
Cons
long breaks
nice working place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MASeptember 23, 2015
My first job experience as a medical assistant people were great. Management was awesome if I could go back to work here I will go back,
Stressfull place to work
HIV Counselling and Testing Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MASeptember 17, 2015
No job growth opportunities. The culture is not warm enough for those outside the mainstream culture. A lot of unskilled people get jobs there.
Cultural diversity at your door step
Lead Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 7, 2015
LCHC is a fast pace work environment full of diversity. Over the past years I have seen hundreds of Refugees come through our doors, its the stories and smiles on their face that makes a difference in my work ethic. I've became culturally in tune and blessed to have an opportunity to work with in my community.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
hardly any overtime
great job
Referrals Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lowell MAFebruary 17, 2015
Good company, great staff, i enjoy my time at Lowell Community Health Center. I work with exceptional people who strive everyday and offer nothing but great work and great team work
Productive and fun place to work
Graduate Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAFebruary 14, 2014
Very well run and provides excellent community services and healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lowell Community Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Lowell Community Health Center Reviews by Location