Lowell General Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Love it
Staff (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAAugust 13, 2018
Great place to work, your opinion is respected and everyone is very kind. The hospital itself is very good and I would be willing to be a patient and send family there.
A great team of employees!
RN (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAAugust 11, 2018
I've been with LGH for over 12 hears which is the longest job I've ever had! You will find very happy staff, clean, and benefits are good, however, health insurance plan to employees is not good, expensive co-pays and you have to see doctor's in their network or more expensive. Nurses are finally paid well and most are satisfied with their workload. The cafeteria needs some improvement with food, but all in all, a wonderful place to work and highly recommended.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Health Insurance plan to their employees not good.
Good
Quality (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 23, 2018
Good Company to work for, they care about there employees.
There is a TON of room for advancement, and they give you a lot of opportunities to grow within the organization
Great place to work, but pay is horrible
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 17, 2018
I really like working for LGH, but the pay was not enough because they only give you a 3% annual raise. They have great benefits. The food at the cafeteria needs some revision. All of the off sites at LGH are great and convenient.
Pros
Benefits and flexible schedule
Cons
3% raise and low pay
Poor atmosphere
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 16, 2018
Staffing is a constant issue that remains an obstacle to giving good patient care while management is only concerned about "numbers" and if documentation is complete. Hospital is corrupt with management/leaders deciding who is disposable and who is a worthy employee. No advancement, support. Atmosphere feels like high school. Much gossip, breaking HIPPA, and unprofessional behavior amongst staff/management.
Fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 11, 2018
I Love Work At Lowell General Hospital everything Is Fine My Maneger Are The Best My patients Are So Nice And I Nice to 💜 Something With Have To Work With Cautions But It’s Okay💖
Pros
Break
Cons
Great high-paced environment to work!
CAFETERIA AIDE (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 7, 2018
Lowell general hospital is an environment where you can interact with many hospital workers in different fields. The environment you get when working get is a friendly and inviting. Working in the cafeteria taught me to be quick on my feet and greatly boosted my customer service skills immensely and would highly recommend.
Pros
Manageable amount of work and scheduling
Cons
Very busy at peak hours
Blah
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJune 7, 2018
The job was ok but no room for advancement and almost felt as if no one cared about whether or not you were there. Once you receive a degree they don't really hire within.
Team work
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 25, 2018
I absolutley love working at lowell general hospital my co workers are the best . Every day we learn something new. The only changes that need to be made is increase in pay rate the situattions we deal with, I dont think we get paid enough especially the danger we put our self in when drawing difficult patient and patients with hiv etc its a risk factor .
Pros
Team work
Cons
Need better pay
A magnet hospital that supports their nurses
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 25, 2018
A great learning culture and so much room for growth. Everyone is there to help and we are always working as a team. No one is ever left having questions. Great team atmosphere.
This place doesn't care about you unless you're a nurse or higher
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 16, 2018
LGH is a great place to work don't get me wrong. I've met great people and have the pleasure of working with some of my coworkers. However, if you aren't an RN there you're basically not important. That is how I feel along with a lot of my coworkers. There are meetings to make things better and have a better work flow, but nothing changes. The pay is awful... new hires with less experience make more money than someone who has been there for years with lots of experience. SOME nurses are lazy and rude. Besides that, healthcare benefits are good.
Pros
Manager is very flexible
Cons
Low Wages, Poor respect for the "little people"
Positive job culture
Laboratory Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 12, 2018
Everyone who works for this company will tell you they love their job! I for one agree, but am unable to advance my career until I have a specified higher education/
Pros
busy days
Cons
short breaks
Lab Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAApril 7, 2018
I enjoy my job and interacting with patients. It's a good group of co-workers on second and third shift from Phlebotomists, Lab Techs, Techs and nurses. Third shift feels like a family.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Lack of good management
Don't work in the kitchen
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAApril 1, 2018
Being a food service worker is a joke, you do many different jobs besides just delivering patient trays. And management is absolutely horrible, definitely the worst I've ever had. They play favorites to the extreme and they'll bad talk you behind your back. Had one supervisor tell me a coworker "wasn't all there" during a conversation, just because she doesn't like him and thought he made too many mistakes even though he was one of the hardest workers we had who always picked up people's shifts. Tried to call out once due to a fever and she guilted me into coming in by threatening my job. The pay might be a bit better than other minimum when jobs but it's not worth it.
Even the nurses on the floor would be snarky and mean towards us. Some would help remove dirty trays from the rooms but most would just ignore them and complain to us about them, even though each floor has a designated cart for dirty trays that they're supposed to put dirty trays onto to help us move quicker. No appreciation from anyone, and I always felt like I couldn't even go to the bathroom because it would "take too long". Very high stress and very not worth it.
Cons
Everything. No free food even though we worked in the kitchen, no paid time off even though our paychecks said we accrued it. Didn't accept doctor notes, would get mad if you missed too much work DUE TO A MEDICAL PROBLEM. IN A HOSPITAL. Ridiculous.
Volunteer program
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 18, 2018
Learned about the hospital and met some really cool people. Fun place to volunteer and everyone was nice to work with. I would recommend LGH to friends.
Pros
not stressful, lunch ticket
Good place to work at, poor management
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAFebruary 21, 2018
A typical day for me would be 3rd shift overnights. It could either be nonstop very busy or slow drawing blood from the patients in the emergency room, ICU, and the other floors as well. I worked at the smaller of the two campuses so we got the same amount of patient flow and the same types of patients. Management was the worst I have ever had, she is one of the top reasons I am leaving. Hardest part of the job is not knowing what to expect when you go into work.
First Voluntary job in High School
Balanced volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAFebruary 11, 2018
This was my first Voluntary job during my High School years. This job allowed me to get experience in working in Hospital environment. I was assigned different task every two week by my supervisor.
Great Place To Work
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 30, 2018
Fun, friendly staff. It made my temporary stay amazing. I was contracted and was offered a permanent position. The staff and manager made it extremely difficult to refuse. But in the end I wanted to travel. If I was in a different place in my life. I would have 110% stayed.
politics at every level
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 16, 2018
Over all a good place however my situation is different, very bad manager with personal problems and they were replaced by a person who was not an upgrade, this new person was all politics.
good place to work fast pace
Lowell - Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 14, 2018
Love the department growing quickly , great supervisor very flexible when my children were little,I don't get benefits that is why I am looking for a job I am per Diem