Lower Keys Medical Center Employee Reviews

This is very good place to work people are caring and dont mind helping you out
Case Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLApril 10, 2019
I loved my job honestly if i didnt have to relocate due to the cost of living i would still be there . i wished i could have taken my job with me.. Lol .. My coworkers were awesome they supported me in every aspect of my jobs duties and i assisted them were i could. I learned so much from my co-workers and i hope one day to be able to go back and wirk with them
Pros
Flexible with lunch hours, family oriented and. Very caring community
Cons
Ob/gyn was best in town.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLMarch 26, 2019
Great place to work, always friendly staff. Outstanding help after going through hurricane irma. Community vibe, everyone helped out when needed. A+++
Medical Technologist
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLMarch 24, 2019
I worked here in 2016. The environment there was typical of other hospital laboratories. It could get busy at times and there were times I had to come in to cover a call-in. The upper management was in transition during the time I worked there.
Pros
Location (Key West)
Cons
Logistics issues due to being a remote hospital
Good place to work.
Registered Nurse- Ambulatory (Current Employee) –  Key West, FLFebruary 12, 2019
I have enjoyed my time at LKMC. I love the continuing education opportunities I am offered as well as taking on new tasks dealing with Nursing Infomatics.
Lucky enough to live and work in Key West.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLJanuary 23, 2019
Nursing degree obtained at Florida Keys Community College. Worked on MedSurg floor for 3 years and then transferred to Emergency Services. Great learning opportunity, small group of nurses who became wonderful friends away from work.
Pros
Life in the Keys
Cons
Underpaid
A great place to work
Stall psych nurse (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLJanuary 22, 2019
LKMC was a small hospital, and sometimes you had to wear many hats. I worked mainly behavioral health, but also worked as nursing supervisor, employee health, recovery room.
Pros
Cons
drive distance
ecellent workplace
Emergency Department Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLDecember 22, 2018
I loved working there. excellent teamwork, fun environment, supportive management it was a faced paced, very busy community hospital with the opportunity to learn how to care for very medically complex patients.
Pros
lots
Cons
Could be a good place to work
Staff (Former Employee) –  Key WestDecember 1, 2018
Mgmt doesn't care about employees. Hostility and bullying by staff are accepted and tolerated by HR. No teamwork, constant belittling and no recourse or resource for assistance. Pay isn't enough to live on. Have to rent room or have roommates. Very high turnover for Nurses, they bring travelers in and cut our hours so its lucky if you get a full check each pay period. Such a shame, it could be a good place to work. No one cares though.
Pros
Cons
Awful mgmt, high turnover, hostile environment
Turnover was high,I worked there 20 yrs. Co workers and the area plus love of nursing kept me there
Charge Registered Nurse ICU (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLNovember 16, 2018
I WORKED AT THIS FACILITY FOR 20 YRS. A BIG PART OF MY LIFE WAS THERE. I was able to work in every area of the hospital. Charge day shift RN. Fill in supervisor.
Pros
Small hospital everyone knew each other
Cons
Small hospital... Gossip
loved working her 20 yrs ago
Front Office Manager -Radiology Dept (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLAugust 2, 2018
I worked in the radiology dept for a few years until I had my second child and we moved to the tampa area. I loved the staff at the time as I ended my career there in 2002
Fun place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLMay 29, 2018
I will always remember Lower Keys Medical Center. I formed many special bonds and friendships that will last a lifetime. The pay was great, but the cost of living in Key West is really high. The company has a relaxed atmosphere and put the patient first
Well-paid stressful assignment.
Attending Psychiatrist - Locums Tenens (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLApril 30, 2018
Very busy at times, with little support from management and difficult patient population. The nursing staff were excellent and kind. The compensation was very good.
Pros
The nursing staff was excellent and kind
Cons
The coordinator was not supportive and had bad leadership skills
Overall, ok.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLJanuary 17, 2018
Overall, Lower Keys was a good place to work. The culture is a bit competitive and catty, as with many healthcare professions. Management was attentive and genuine when I would approach them with concerns or questions. Enjoyed the patient population and serving the small community.
CEO very nice, lower management not so much
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Key West, FLJanuary 11, 2018
Awful place to work, no one looks out for you. Everyone is out for themselves. Communication is awful. So, short staffed, high turn over rate. Pay and cost of living do not come close to matching up.
Cons
Major lack of communication
Naive and exploitive culture.
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Depoo hospital lower keys medical centerDecember 24, 2017
The staff is burned out and poorly led, because of the naive and exploitive director hiring inexperienced and work mates from prior institution, heavily staffing her support supervisors to do her work for her, and downsizing the counselors on the psychiatric unit. The culture of care is based on survival. Typically the day is based the mood of the director. There is little if no oversight from the Main hospital the cfo appears paralyzed corporate is disinterested in intervening despite multiple complaints .
Pros
Pay and benifits
Cons
Exploitive director
Would not recommend
Director of MS/ICU/IMCU (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLDecember 11, 2017
Poorly managed. Couldn't retain staff. Hard to recruit due to high cost of living. The nurse staffing ratios were high because of call outs. If it's a beautiful day in Key West staff wouldn't think twice about calling out.
Pros
beautiful area
Cons
poor work environment.
Fear based management not held in check
Therapis (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLNovember 27, 2017
I am a long term employee very sad and devastated to leave after 10 years. What was once a passion has become mere survival and I believe my colleagues feel that way too . Shame on corporate for exploiting pt care for profit I believe employee attrition will rapidly follow. Time for this caregiver to move on !
Pros
Pay
Cons
Fear-based and exploitive director
Fast-paced, never a dull moment
Radiology Scheduling Manager (Current Employee) –  Key West, FLNovember 22, 2017
I worked in radiology scheduling and loved my job! It could be stressful, especially if short-staffed, but the people I worked with made it great regardless.
Pros
Always available growth opportunities if you want it
Cons
Would periodically be short-staffed
Interim Opportunity
Interim Director, Case Management (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLNovember 9, 2017
Enjoyed working at LKMC. The staff and Administration welcomed me with open arms. This was an interim position and I would go back to LKMC anytime as I enjoyed it
Amazing staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Key West, FLOctober 31, 2017
Staff are amazing, friendly and caring. Working here is like being a part of a family. I report at 0700, catch up on email and calls and begin my day interacting with other professionals. No two days are the same. Lower Keys Medical Center is a small facility and we often have to wear many hats.

At the end of the day the best part of my job is interacting with other caring, wonderful healthcare providers.
Pros
Staff, nurses, providers
Cons
Very small organization