Lower Lights Christian Health Center Employee Reviews

Mission based employment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Columbus OhioJanuary 4, 2018
LLCHC has a wonderful mission of serving the underserved and increasing access to health care. Many of the staff are there to support that mission. The clients are the best part of the job.
Great organization ; unhealthy work environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 15, 2017
Lower lights as an organization has a great heart and mission, but the staff and leadership makes the work environment very toxic, and hard to be motivated to successfully do your work.
It was an excellent work experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHOctober 18, 2017
Management was every changing and last manager I had did not know very much about medical issues, But she was soon replaced by someone very experienced in medical assisting duties. I loved working there and regret I had to leave to return to Florida
Overworked and Underpaid
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 16, 2017
A typical day of work is about 30-40 patients per doctor, patients are normally seen hours after they come, due to being over scheduled. This can make the work environment very chaotic and stressful, for both workers and patients. Also you work very long hours, only get a 30 minute break for a 10+ hour day. However, as a work team everyone gets along fairly well, despite getting paid only about $9-$10 per hour, and when you do receive a raise after years of service, the most of a raise that you can receive is 0.27 cents. Unless your Upper Management your pay will keep you living check to check! Despite those things, the overall mission of the company is good! They aim to help people who are in need of healthcare with no medical insurance!
Pros
Helping others!
Cons
Extremely Low Pay
Happy workplace with company meetings and prayer once a month.
Front Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 3, 2017
Typical day is patients checking in with all there information on hand.

Learned how about scheduling and taking payments for dental and optometry patients.

Management team always walked the floor and spoke to insure one on one contact when necessary.

Culture was very diverse and family oriented at all times.

Hardest part is when we were short handed of staff and very busy with patients.

Enjoyable part was our group lunch and staff gathering.
Pros
Free lunch from management
Cons
Only having 2 bathrooms in the entire building.
You have to want to love what you do.
CCMA (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 18, 2017
Everyday is a new day. You have to love your role at your job. Some days are harder then others but you just gotta push on. Even if a patient blames you for everything keep a smile.
Overall feeling of depression
Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 4, 2017
Upper management micro-manages everyone and are very abusive to staff. Every motive and action is questioned and accusations are made on a regular basis. Many good people have come and gone who refuse to work in such a toxic environment. Policies and Procedures are poorly written and verbal or written job expectations are non-existent. Promises made are easily broken.
Cons
low salaries, horrible benefits, absolutely no trust
Non-profit healthcare facility
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 27, 2016
Primary care doctors' office. Typical day in Medical Records is entering/recording medical data into patient files, Providing medical records to patients, other medical facilities, insurance and legal organizations, Social Security, etc., according to HIPAA requirements.
I learned to use the Mount Carmel medical computer programs. Management was supportive, though limited.
Co-workers friendly and committed to providing quality healthcare.
Hardest part of the job was keeping current with data entry of patient information into the records. Most enjoyable was the precision required by HIPAA in the dissemination of medical information to requesting entities.
Pros
Great office parties, good staff development
Cons
Limited resources/non-profit facility
work enviornment is acceptable
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 6, 2015
LLCHC started out as a small medical practice. They are a growing community health center that is caring for the under served/ low income. They have added dental and vision service, with in the last year. I feel they are on the right track.
I feel that the vision and mission plan for the facility is attainable
On a typical day, I ran reports, posted payments, answered calls, worked AR reports, and some collections. I was responsible for all of the dental claims and processes. I am a team player and really enjoyed working with my co workers and we learned a lot from each other and shared our work experience to improve our work flow..
Pros
free lunches, casual atmosphere
Cons
poor policy and procdure follow through
Organization with Heart but not Head
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 22, 2014
Wonderful organization that is making a significant impact in the community. However, micro managed and unrealistic and unhealthy expectations of employees

Want to know more about Lower Lights Christian Health Center?

Ask a question
Focused on helping the poor.
Assistant Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 16, 2013
LLCHC is focused on helping the poor. Very dedicated on its mission.