Lowers Risk Group Employee Reviews

Quitting was the best part of the job
Criminal Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAJanuary 5, 2019
The hours are laughable. 5:30am-2pm or 2:30pm-11pm. You’re either up before the crack of dawn or you get home after midnight. The night shift gets an extra $1 of pay, and it’s still not enough for the work they expect, so the pay for day shift is downright offensive.

Management has no business being in management. No one knows what they’re doing. You can ask three people the same question and get three different answers. Then they have the audacity to ask researchers to do some of their work for them while they sit around and chit chat. Don’t even bother reporting things to HR because they’re in management’s pocket. Nothing will be done, you’ll be accused of lying, or both.

There’s not enough people to do the work that needs to be done. Instead of raising the pay to entice people to come in, giving raises in response to hard work, or generally making employees feel appreciated, they fire people at the drop of a hat and push employees to work more than is reasonable. When I left, they’d been on “mandatory saturday overtime” for months on end. They say that working overtime during the week doesn’t count against your saturday hours, but if they liked you enough, you could get a pass. There’s a lot of favoritism going on, this being a key example.

If you’re okay with being overworked in the hope of earning a “quality plaque” (a printed piece of paper with some stickers), then go ahead and work here. Just don’t be surprised when nothing you do is ever enough and people with half of your qualifications are your boss. If you value your mental health at all, you can find something
  more... better.  less
Incompetent wouldn't even be the word to describe how unorganized working here is
Criminal Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GADecember 23, 2018
Never have I worked for a company where the lack of direction can be clearly seen. Higher ups love to keep necessary need to know matters shrouded in mystery. Trainers, supervisors, and researchers are never on the same page which leads to confusion. God forbid if you get fired. No one will give you the dignity to pack up your own desk. They try to quietly do it while during the breaks then pretend nothing has happened. It got to the point where if a box was seen, we know someone is getting the ax.

For a time, working remote was being pushed on the late shift. If you were to choose to do so, you would lose the $1 difference. No compensation would be given towards the internet or phone bill, but they want you to do more work. Their mindset was "its a privilege to work from home" so why compensate. It's hard enough that this same job pays more in other counties for the same type of work.
Pros
Benefits, Coworkers
Cons
Too much for this small space
Job is very easy, must be detailed.
Criminal Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, WVNovember 20, 2018
Typical day is get your orders -names and go to courthouse and search all names from that day. After findings, put in data. If there is a problem with a finding then do more research. Starting off pay is okay, however, if you been there for awhile and do more than others in your region, you should get a raise.
Pros
Reimburse for travel, flexible hours
Cons
Dont give raise to those who deserve it, and earned it.
Rude. Unprofessional.
Dectective (Former Employee) –  USAOctober 31, 2018
The highly exalted recently-retitled-to-sound-even-more-important-than-deserved HR person cant even take a moment away from ? to reply to the nearly 10s of applicants
Dont believe what the say
Criminal Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAOctober 28, 2018
As you enter the company, they tell you that they want you to feel like family and it isn't true. There is a lot of favoritism that goes on. They also are constantly hiring and firing people. If you get hired by this company, I suggest you use your sick and personal time as often as you can because once you leave, they do not pay out personal time. The less your manager likes you, the easier for them to let you go. They want you to operate like robots and add more work to your load without an increase in pay or benefits. Their idea of reward is stickers. Literally!
Modern Day Sweat Shop
Criminal Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAOctober 24, 2018
$11/hr and b.s. raises
Biased and racist
No more people of color in management
High turnover and cupcakes once a month
If you love yourself don't work here.
It's the movie Get Out at work
The Black Director didn't like the black employees or supervisors
lying environment
Pros
Cupcakes
Cons
If you want 10+ years removed from your life, then step on up.
Criminal Researcher (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAOctober 5, 2018
Are you looking for a job where quality is held to a higher regard than your wellbeing as a person? Do you enjoy being micromanaged by passive-aggressive higher ups? Then you kind sir have hit the jackpot of job h-e-l-l !

Overtime is practically looming each week as we are severely understaffed due to people not making it through training, or they have finally come to their senses to see the errors of their ways and realize their souls have been slowly drained.

Apply here at your risk and don't set your expectations too high.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Lack of growth, constant turnover, no sense of direction
Horrible management and even worse company culture
Criminal Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VASeptember 24, 2018
Management are over bearing and unrealistic. Team leads are extremely rude, do not care about anything but numbers, and never help. Very quick to reprimand you when you make any mistake.You have the ability to work remote but you are expected to put out more work than people on sight. The salary is too low for as much trouble as you'll be put through.

Your personality is valued above any performance metrics at this company. Your job security lies solely on if your manager likes you as a human or not.

Do not expect to work here long if you are outgoing or optimistic as there are people that work here that will get you fired week one.

If you want to be successful here you need to be rude and pessimistic, and be proficient at kissing butt.
Cons
Work was well suited for me
Criminal Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GASeptember 22, 2018
I was able to have fun and enjoy my job because I just typed and researched all day while listening to music. I enjoyed the free lunches occasionally offered and the supervisors can be extremely nice and helpful.
Pros
occasional free lunch
Cons
micromanagement
Overworked/Underpaid
Criminal Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAAugust 29, 2018
They gave all the responsibility of the business to CRA's and didnt compensate us enough for the job we were doing. Management was over bearing and unrealistic.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Pay
Horrible management
Criminal Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAJune 13, 2018
At first, I loved working there, but as time went on the rules changed drastically and without warning. They have now switched to 'mandatory overtime' at least every other weekend, and working extra through the week does not keep you from working the Saturday they require you to work.
Pros
Free lunch once a month, paid vacation/holidays, paid sick days
Cons
Time you work is outrageous, poor management, poor treatment of employees
Nice Christian Company
Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VAJune 11, 2018
A lot of work is expected for a fairly low salary. The owners and upper management are wonderful. The commute from Stephens City is treacherous and too far for the pay.
Good
Criminal Research Analyst / QA (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VAJune 4, 2018
I enjoyed it there.. Management was nice and easy to talk to when you have a problem. Don't know what else to say about them. To me, they seemed to care about their employees.
Avoid this company
Criminal Researcher (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAFebruary 15, 2018
Management is horrible, upper management is clueless about what the researchers actually do.They tend to tell you that you have a chance of getting promoted but never follow through with you helping you achieve that goal. There is favoritism. Very underpaid. Very unorganized. Priorities are messed up; rather play games than have work caught up.
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  PurcevilleDecember 16, 2017
It was a joy to work for this company. I greatly appreciated the music all employees are allowed to listen to while conducting their work. The training was very helpful and made it easy to adapt to new procedures.
FUSE HELP DESK / DEPARTMENTAL LIAISON (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VADecember 13, 2017
Rewarding experience, love working here! The company is all about family and everyone there works well together. We are always rewarded for reaching goals, each individual and as a team we are recognized for our strengths and for achievements.
Pros
Catered lunches each month, Christmas parties, reasonable breaks
Great place
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VANovember 29, 2017
I very much enjoy working at LRG. It is a very friendly and accommodation place to work. It really makes you feel like a family. Great pay, fun work, and great people.
Pros
pay, lunch, Pto, people, job
Cons
none that come to mind
not a bad place to work
Criminal Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAOctober 24, 2017
I'd have to say that this is a job for those who don't mind sitting at a computer 8 hours a day. I personally prefer a job that allows me to move, whether it's walking around or minimal movement(the more the better) but if you can get past the constant sitting then it's not so bad, the people and management are very friendly. The premiums for medical insurance doubled in the short time I was there so that was my main reason for leaving, that and the fact that I live 30 miles away and the pay was only $10.50 an hour.
Pros
easy work, nice coworkers and management
Cons
sitting through the whole shift, medical insurance premiums, low pay
stressful
Criminal Research Analyst/Proofer (Former Employee) –  Purcellville, VAOctober 8, 2017
During my time at Lower's the work was intense, and stressful, while the compensation didn't match. I met, and worked with some really nice people, but I would not recommend Lowers to anyone, except out of desperation.
Pros
location
Cons
hours, management, salary
Great Place to Work
Budget Specialist (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VAJuly 3, 2017
The people there understand work/life balance. The management takes care of its workers and is always seeking feedback to improve. I would recommend the place to anyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lowers Risk Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight