Lowers Risk Group

Lowers Risk Group Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA25 reviews
It's okay
You do the same exact thing everyday. The positive to the job is you are able to work remote. This offers alot of flexibility. The pay for this position with the amount of work they ask you to do is terrible. They offer a large Christmas party with prizes and monthly catered lunches but I would rather not do that (since half the office is remote anyways) and get better pay. Also if you are performing above and beyond numbers you should be compinsated better.
Amazing Management
My managers are supportive and encouraging. It is an extremely amazing place to work.

This company is family oriented and has a warm foundation in Christ.
Don't Expect This To Be a Long Term Career
As a research analyst you are given goals and quality standards that are not impossible to reach, but, it's not always easy, and it isn't stress free. You have to basically push yourself to work through lunches and breaks to hit these goals even though it's "not policy" to do this per VA labor laws but it's the only way you'll hit your goals. Not to mention it's only like 11-12 dollars an hour.

There is NO communication. One on one's are about personal business never about actual accomplishments. Team meetings are nothing but games, no actual progression or advancement opportunities.

You get the wonderful luxury of working from home with equipment that has the same equivalent of a paperweight and if your equipment dies while you're supposed to be working THEY WILL take your personal vacation time to cover the hours unless you drive your happy-self into the office to work.

It's a toxic work environment no matter how you try to justify the "pro's". It's simply just not worth it. You'll be more miserable than happy. Each day you'll be stressed beyond compare wondering what email(s) you'll have to kick yourself over next.

And no, upper management won't provide support. They say they do, but they really don't know what they're doing either and nobody is ever on the same page and they are more than happy to change procedures without making a mention of it.
Flexible schedule
Offered me a work from home position about 5 months after being hired. Somewhat flexible schedule, feel we should have been paid way more for what we were doing
Good Place to work for unless you don't make quota
they have a lot of event for their employee. they are nice people for the most part except for when it comes to your numbers, then if you don't quota.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Family Oriented and very flexible
There was no typical day as every work day was different and that's what I loved about my job and the people I worked with. Always worked as a team and this made the workload so much lighter and we were able to complete the work so much faster. The manager was a fair, honest and hands on manager who jumped in to help get the work done if needed. The hardest part of the job was having to leave it when we decided to relocated to Florida. The most enjoyable part of the job was everyday was a new day and we learned not to schedule anything for the day, because by the time we got into work, things and work had changed for us, so everyday was a new work day with new challenges.
Pros
abundance of gifts during Christmas, Ice Cream socials during the hot months, Fleece sweaters for every employee during the winter, baseball jerseys during the summer, employee appreciation catered picnics, catered lunches every month, Gift Cards
Cons
Long commutes to work by 95% of work staff, since we all had to travel long lengths, for better pay., Most drives were 1 to 2 hours to work, from the mountains, rough snowy conditions, during winter made the commute even longer.
It Was Great...Once
I loved this job when I started. I loved learning more and more and pushing myself to really put everything into the company. They were very inspiring and I loved participating in school supply drives and such. However, as my first two supervisors were promoted up, I was left with a very unkind supervisor that never gave me a chance and my work was also being switched around significantly to something I wasn't well trained in. They quizzed me, I passed the quiz on it, told me I was lying about not knowing it well to get out of that state and told me to just do my work. I was originally in their medical building which has a little more relaxed environment and everyone there was great, managers and all. But someone incorrectly said I was looking up sites I shouldn't be, so they sent me to the main office which was heavily monitored and had a very intense tattle-tale vibe. I was often scolded for going to the bathroom "too often" there, and people complained that I was eating at my desk even though everyone in the room also ate at their desks. I once coughed too loud and was sent an email seconds later being told to keep it down. This all went on for a month, towards the end of my employment there. As much as I was trying to keep my head up and work with my supervisor to try to make goal in the state that I was struggling with, I had this horrible feeling that everyone in the office hated me and was out to get me. Mainly because I caught some of them talking about me behind my back. Being put in the main office made me lose all my work friends, so I was alone and being actively - more...
Pros
Pay
Cons
Far away from most anything, moving everything to Georgia, toxic work culture, unrealistic goals
Horrible management and even worse company culture
Management are over bearing and unrealistic. Team leads are extremely rude, do not care about anything but numbers, and never help. Very quick to reprimand you when you make any mistake.You have the ability to work remote but you are expected to put out more work than people on sight. The salary is too low for as much trouble as you'll be put through.

Your personality is valued above any performance metrics at this company. Your job security lies solely on if your manager likes you as a human or not.

Do not expect to work here long if you are outgoing or optimistic as there are people that work here that will get you fired week one.

If you want to be successful here you need to be rude and pessimistic, and be proficient at kissing butt.
Nice Christian Company
A lot of work is expected for a fairly low salary. The owners and upper management are wonderful. The commute from Stephens City is treacherous and too far for the pay.
Good
I enjoyed it there.. Management was nice and easy to talk to when you have a problem. Don't know what else to say about them. To me, they seemed to care about their employees.
Terrible Hours, Bad Pay, and Rude People
The were almost no 9-5 shifts, you had to either start at 4:30am or go until 11pm. There were no opportunities for increased compensation. And the worst part was the company culture. Very little training, rampant rumors, and non-constructive criticism.
Rewarding experience, love working here! The company is all about family and everyone there works well together. We are always rewarded for reaching goals, each individual and as a team we are recognized for our strengths and for achievements.
Pros
Catered lunches each month, Christmas parties, reasonable breaks
Great place
I very much enjoy working at LRG. It is a very friendly and accommodation place to work. It really makes you feel like a family. Great pay, fun work, and great people.
Pros
pay, lunch, Pto, people, job
Cons
none that come to mind
stressful
During my time at Lower's the work was intense, and stressful, while the compensation didn't match. I met, and worked with some really nice people, but I would not recommend Lowers to anyone, except out of desperation.
Pros
location
Cons
hours, management, salary
Great Place to Work
The people there understand work/life balance. The management takes care of its workers and is always seeking feedback to improve. I would recommend the place to anyone.
Good Starter Company
I really liked the type of work this company had to offer. Management-employee relations were not balanced. Employee morale was constantly low; EXTREME micro-management!!!!!!!!!!! High turn-over rate; would not recommend for over a year...any longer could lead to health problems caused by over endurance of work-related stress...an okay starter company.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Extremely horrible employee-management relations
Avoid this company
Job starts out wonderful like all the other reviews have stated but then goes right down hill quickly. Management and team leads are chosen on how well you kiss butt or suck up to upper management. Team leads are extremely rude, do not care about anything but numbers, and never help but so quick to reprimand you when you make a mistake. The work environment was laid back but you had to constantly be walking on egg shells waiting to get yelled at. They suck you in by treating you well at first then everything just rolls down hill. Don't expect any sort of communication or training!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
everything else
Just okay job
I've worked here for over a year, it started out great. It has progressively gotten worse. Training is severely lacking, they "teach" you something for an hour and then throw you into work and penalize you if you make errors. Supervisors are chosen based on their popularity, many of them are horrible at their jobs. They are incredibly hypocritical and petty. Some of them just don't even bother responding to emails.

The schedule is not flexible and not really conducive to a life outside of work. You can either be there at 5:30 am or take the second shift and get off at 11. There's no happy middle ground like most office jobs.

The pay is decent, the benefits are okay. The work itself is interesting enough. But things change too rapidly to be able to keep up with.
Pros
Decent pay, catered meals, fun events
Cons
Strict environment, horrible leadership
Fun place to work
Pretty interesting. advancement oppourtunities exist. You see a lot of interesting court cases and learn about the court system. It also shows you the bad side of society
Pros
Cake
Cons
They took the cake away
Definitely a great summer opportunity for college students.
The pay was decent and the supervisors were very accommodating when it came to needing time off for whatever reason. Work was very monotonous but needed to be done.
Good Enough Job/Career Potential Questionable
There are only 2 shifts available for researchers and both are not time conducive to fostering a healthy work/life balance. You could advance to a supervisory or trainer position if the person who would become your future supervisor simply likes you as a person. Your personality is valued above any performance metrics at this company. Make sure your values match this company's values or else you will feel unsuccessful and maladapted your entire tenure here.
Pros
Office Experience
Cons
Isolation, Exhaustion, Monotony
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lowers Risk Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Lowers Risk Group Reviews by Location