Lowers Risk Group Employee Reviews

If you want 10+ years removed from your life, then step on up.
Criminal Researcher (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAOctober 5, 2018
Are you looking for a job where quality is held to a higher regard than your wellbeing as a person? Do you enjoy being micromanaged by passive-aggressive higher ups? Then you kind sir have hit the jackpot of job h-e-l-l !

Overtime is practically looming each week as we are severely understaffed due to people not making it through training, or they have finally come to their senses to see the errors of their ways and realize their souls have been slowly drained.

Apply here at your risk and don't set your expectations too high.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Lack of growth, constant turnover, no sense of direction
Horrible management and even worse company culture
Criminal Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VASeptember 24, 2018
Management are over bearing and unrealistic. Team leads are extremely rude, do not care about anything but numbers, and never help. Very quick to reprimand you when you make any mistake.You have the ability to work remote but you are expected to put out more work than people on sight. The salary is too low for as much trouble as you'll be put through.

Your personality is valued above any performance metrics at this company. Your job security lies solely on if your manager likes you as a human or not.

Do not expect to work here long if you are outgoing or optimistic as there are people that work here that will get you fired week one.

If you want to be successful here you need to be rude and pessimistic, and be proficient at kissing butt.
Cons
Work was well suited for me
Criminal Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GASeptember 22, 2018
I was able to have fun and enjoy my job because I just typed and researched all day while listening to music. I enjoyed the free lunches occasionally offered and the supervisors can be extremely nice and helpful.
Pros
occasional free lunch
Cons
micromanagement
Overworked/Underpaid
Criminal Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAAugust 29, 2018
They gave all the responsibility of the business to CRA's and didnt compensate us enough for the job we were doing. Management was over bearing and unrealistic.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Pay
Horrible management
Criminal Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAJune 13, 2018
At first, I loved working there, but as time went on the rules changed drastically and without warning. They have now switched to 'mandatory overtime' at least every other weekend, and working extra through the week does not keep you from working the Saturday they require you to work.
Pros
Free lunch once a month, paid vacation/holidays, paid sick days
Cons
Time you work is outrageous, poor management, poor treatment of employees
Nice Christian Company
Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VAJune 11, 2018
A lot of work is expected for a fairly low salary. The owners and upper management are wonderful. The commute from Stephens City is treacherous and too far for the pay.
Good
Criminal Research Analyst / QA (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VAJune 4, 2018
I enjoyed it there.. Management was nice and easy to talk to when you have a problem. Don't know what else to say about them. To me, they seemed to care about their employees.
Avoid this company
Criminal Researcher (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAFebruary 15, 2018
Management is horrible, upper management is clueless about what the researchers actually do.They tend to tell you that you have a chance of getting promoted but never follow through with you helping you achieve that goal. There is favoritism. Very underpaid. Very unorganized. Priorities are messed up; rather play games than have work caught up.
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  PurcevilleDecember 16, 2017
It was a joy to work for this company. I greatly appreciated the music all employees are allowed to listen to while conducting their work. The training was very helpful and made it easy to adapt to new procedures.
FUSE HELP DESK / DEPARTMENTAL LIAISON (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VADecember 13, 2017
Rewarding experience, love working here! The company is all about family and everyone there works well together. We are always rewarded for reaching goals, each individual and as a team we are recognized for our strengths and for achievements.
Pros
Catered lunches each month, Christmas parties, reasonable breaks
Great place
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VANovember 29, 2017
I very much enjoy working at LRG. It is a very friendly and accommodation place to work. It really makes you feel like a family. Great pay, fun work, and great people.
Pros
pay, lunch, Pto, people, job
Cons
none that come to mind
not a bad place to work
Criminal Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAOctober 24, 2017
I'd have to say that this is a job for those who don't mind sitting at a computer 8 hours a day. I personally prefer a job that allows me to move, whether it's walking around or minimal movement(the more the better) but if you can get past the constant sitting then it's not so bad, the people and management are very friendly. The premiums for medical insurance doubled in the short time I was there so that was my main reason for leaving, that and the fact that I live 30 miles away and the pay was only $10.50 an hour.
Pros
easy work, nice coworkers and management
Cons
sitting through the whole shift, medical insurance premiums, low pay
stressful
Criminal Research Analyst/Proofer (Former Employee) –  Purcellville, VAOctober 8, 2017
During my time at Lower's the work was intense, and stressful, while the compensation didn't match. I met, and worked with some really nice people, but I would not recommend Lowers to anyone, except out of desperation.
Pros
location
Cons
hours, management, salary
Great Place to Work
Budget Specialist (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VAJuly 3, 2017
The people there understand work/life balance. The management takes care of its workers and is always seeking feedback to improve. I would recommend the place to anyone.
Horrible Work Environment
Criminal Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAJune 20, 2017
Management is the worst part about this place. Almost all of the supervisors working here are not even qualified to have their job in the first place (before I left we could barely find any new hires, so basically management jobs did not have many applicants, and the positions were unfortunately given to extremely unqualified people who do not even have criminal justice degrees or any real kind of education for that matter). Management will claim they care about the 'quality' of the work being put out, but they in reality care more about 'quantity'. They put so much pressure on people to complete their work extremely fast, instead of actually taking their time to make sure their work is the best it can be.
This was an extremely stressful, negative environment, and not worth the pay. The job itself is not hard or complicated to learn, but the poor management makes it unbearable, since they don't even answer any questions you may have most of the time. We have an extremely high turn-over rate and there's a clear reason for that. One of the company's core values is that 'we're a big family and care about each other', but the people working here won't hesitate to stab you in the back for their own personal gain; it's like being in high school all over again.
Pros
Catered lunches once a month, good benefits, good hours
Cons
poor management, poor quality of work being put out by employees due to poor management, Stressful environment
Good Starter Company
Criminal Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Purcellville, VAMay 21, 2017
I really liked the type of work this company had to offer. Management-employee relations were not balanced. Employee morale was constantly low; EXTREME micro-management!!!!!!!!!!! High turn-over rate; would not recommend for over a year...any longer could lead to health problems caused by over endurance of work-related stress...an okay starter company.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Extremely horrible employee-management relations
Avoid this company
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Purcellville, VAMay 11, 2017
Job starts out wonderful like all the other reviews have stated but then goes right down hill quickly. Management and team leads are chosen on how well you kiss butt or suck up to upper management. Team leads are extremely rude, do not care about anything but numbers, and never help but so quick to reprimand you when you make a mistake. The work environment was laid back but you had to constantly be walking on egg shells waiting to get yelled at. They suck you in by treating you well at first then everything just rolls down hill. Don't expect any sort of communication or training!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
everything else
Number driven
Criminal Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAMay 11, 2017
More concern with the productivity over the quality. It could be a important learning environment, sadly the environment is only driven on the productivity or one will be terminated on any given day.
Just okay job
Criminal Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VAApril 30, 2017
I've worked here for over a year, it started out great. It has progressively gotten worse. Training is severely lacking, they "teach" you something for an hour and then throw you into work and penalize you if you make errors. Supervisors are chosen based on their popularity, many of them are horrible at their jobs. They are incredibly hypocritical and petty. Some of them just don't even bother responding to emails.

The schedule is not flexible and not really conducive to a life outside of work. You can either be there at 5:30 am or take the second shift and get off at 11. There's no happy middle ground like most office jobs.

The pay is decent, the benefits are okay. The work itself is interesting enough. But things change too rapidly to be able to keep up with.
Pros
Decent pay, catered meals, fun events
Cons
Strict environment, horrible leadership
Fun place to work
Criminal research analyst (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VAApril 19, 2017
Pretty interesting. advancement oppourtunities exist. You see a lot of interesting court cases and learn about the court system. It also shows you the bad side of society
Pros
Cake
Cons
They took the cake away

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lowers Risk Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight