Lowes Foods, LLC Employee Reviews

Fun work place. Very lovely people.
Baker (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCOctober 18, 2018
Basic and repetitive work days. Good work environment. Employees are very well respected. Offer many benefits and are awesome for working around your schedule.
Productive workpalce
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 18, 2018
Friendly environment with great leadership. The culture supports employee growth and development. Going to work knowing you have great leaders and wonderful associates is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Overall working at Lowes Foods is not a fun working environment.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Knightdale, NCOctober 18, 2018
At lowes there are many people who don't care about how you feel especially when u have a doctors note and there are many rude people here and are not flexible at all with you.
Pros
Being able to talk with customers and helping them
Cons
Short breaks, rude people, they dont listen, inconsistent hours
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 15, 2018
Very laid back and clean store and nice people. All the employees worked together to provide great customer service. Always busy but no waiting in lines.
You will give more than you will ever get
Meat/Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCOctober 2, 2018
While immediate management (department and general store) are excellent across all the stores that I worked at or visited, the same cannot be said for those at a higher level. Upper management had little to no knowledge about how the company was run and would often contradict each other if not themselves.

All staff from outside the storefront either from corporate or from MDI where completely out of touch with how things worked.

Expect to be excessively worked and over utilized with no acknowledgement and no relief.

My Personal Experience: Worked all seven days a week for 50 hour work weeks, never got full-time wage or health coverage. Worked a 4-5 man department completely by myself for a third of a year. No recognition other than a condescending pat on the back. Keep in mind this is also a service job so I also had to deal with customers at the same time as all of this.
Pros
Good coworkers if you are lucky enough to be given some
Cons
Just about everything if I am being frankly honest
Low pay/care for workers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCOctober 1, 2018
everyone is at minimum wage, they don’t plan to increase hours unless you’re the favorite. when you’ve been there for a year you get less that a 25 cent raise. breaks are only 15 minutes, they require lunches for anything over 7.5 hour shifts, there’s no benefits and overall not a fun place to work.
Pros
relaxed workplace
Cons
short breaks, low pay, managers don’t care about you having your own life
Hard work for little money
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, NCSeptember 29, 2018
Lowes Foods is the type of company that puts ridiculous rules into place and expects people to follow them. If there are any changes in procedure, one person per department is responsible for ensuring that everyone else knows. You are expected to do your job, as well as everyone else’s, including other departments, but you won’t make any extra money. You are required to stay as long as it takes to clean the entire department, as well as dishes. If a customer comes up past closing, you MUST serve them and get all equipment dirty again, resulting in having to stay even later. If you have stayed any time over what you were scheduled for, you must clock as as having taken a lunch, instead of actually clocking out. That way, Lowes gets away with not paying you for a half hour of work.
Pros
Dental and vision
Cons
Literally everything else.
Not a bad place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Banner Elk, NCSeptember 13, 2018
Good place, just very busy during certain times and practically dead during others. It can be a very fast paced environment and can get a little stressful
Nice
Produce Manager (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCSeptember 11, 2018
Nice place to work and great people. Hours were flexible and pay was competitive. Great product. Management was easy to work for and really laid back.
Worst job ever
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 11, 2018
I’ve worked in retail for many years, but Lowe’s food by far was the worst experience I ever had they have such a negative culture it’s like working at a high school, all the managers talk behind their associates backs. Never change your availability because they’re spiteful and will schedule you on those days still and expect you to come in. On a 10 hour shift you only get one 30 minutes lunch and one 15 minute break, so the breaks are terrible. Oh and not to mention the dept managers don’t even know what they are doing they just delegate all the work they don’t wanna do onto their associates. If you enjoy some time with your family or have other responsibilities DO NOT WORK HERE!!!
Pros
Absolutely Nothing
Cons
Culture, Breaks, Pay, Managers, Etc
Very Clicky
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  NCSeptember 3, 2018
If your not in the "in" crowd, or kiss butt, you'll never be promoted. Very under paid for work load. They are an unethical work place, and no morals.
Pros
Free samples
Cons
Under paid
I really like working at Lowes Foods
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Morehead City, NCSeptember 1, 2018
I really like working at Lowes Foods the people are easy to get along with but I need Sunday’s off and they do not allow me to have them being full time.
Pros
People are nice and easy to get alone with
Cons
Have to be completely available work all hours
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand StrandAugust 26, 2018
I was upfront when hired that I am autistic. I was told that would not be an issue and that they have others with disabilities working there. When I did not catch on as fast as they wanted, rather than help me they warned me and then cut my hours to 1 day a week with the understanding I would be let go. They had no problem asking me to work more when they didn't get the schedule right.
Pros
Cons
Not honest
its laid back not very hard
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Canyon Lake, TXAugust 23, 2018
the job is minimum wage no benefits
the environment was good. great people. met a lot of people working on the cash register the hours are good and the manager is flexible
Pros
easy work
Cons
minimum wage
Fast paced, but hard to move up
Lead Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  NCAugust 20, 2018
New store manager every 2 years, unless you are friends with someone high up its hard to move up in company. It can be really fast paced with not a lot of help.
Pros
Annual raises
Cons
Stressful, might not get a break, fast paced
fast
lowes foods (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 17, 2018
learned how be fast with things im a loyal loyal worker to start new things off slowly learned how to multiple things at once i mean i learned how to do alot
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
15min
great temporary job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCAugust 11, 2018
it was a great high school temporary job. i had good hours, got along very well the the people. it can be fast paced but you get the hang of it. 10/10
I would never suggest this job to anyone that wabts ti have a better life or ti sicceed in life
Stocker Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 5, 2018
This store has a problem with hiring people that are disrespectful and talking down or fascist comments to employed or making their associates feel uncomfortable
Pros
Exercise
Cons
Bad employes management disrespectful and rascist people or comemts
bad do not recommend
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 3, 2018
i hated it it was awful the managers sucked and the people were even worse. the typical work day started at 5 and went to 11 to 12 with a 15 minute break in the middle.
Pros
no pros
Cons
short breaks for the hours you get
It was a great experience
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCJuly 24, 2018
Working at Lowe's was a great experience it is not exactly for me, like working at a grocery store isn't for me, I think working retail is better for me. It was a very cultured and friendly environmental workplace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lowes Foods, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about