Lowes Foods, LLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I would never suggest this job to anyone that wabts ti have a better life or ti sicceed in life
Stocker Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 5, 2018
This store has a problem with hiring people that are disrespectful and talking down or fascist comments to employed or making their associates feel uncomfortable
Pros
Exercise
Cons
Bad employes management disrespectful and rascist people or comemts
bad do not recommend
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 3, 2018
i hated it it was awful the managers sucked and the people were even worse. the typical work day started at 5 and went to 11 to 12 with a 15 minute break in the middle.
Pros
no pros
Cons
short breaks for the hours you get
It was a great experience
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCJuly 24, 2018
Working at Lowe's was a great experience it is not exactly for me, like working at a grocery store isn't for me, I think working retail is better for me. It was a very cultured and friendly environmental workplace.
What should have been an easy job, rife with management infighting
Deli/Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCJuly 12, 2018
To be clear, this was a low-paying job for low-yield work in a low-traffic store, and I harbor no ill will regarding the work itself. I would still have the job if not for the management. During my employment, my department went through no less than four managers; the overall store lost an inbound manager and two store managers in the same period. It was palpably the kind of store the company would send long-tenured employees to in an effort to force them to quit so as to avoid continuing to give them pay raises and/or pay them severance. The store was rarely profitable, but the blame cascaded upon department heads and standard associates instead of our poor location and corporate incompetence. The last manager to come to my department took less than a month to alienate and force out as many employees as possible while replacing them with associates from her previous store; I describe her management style as unarguably abusive. The work is basic and easy, so I never understood why we were constantly being berated from one manager or another despite following directions to the letter. To this day, it is the only job I ever quit.
Pros
Generally laid back, unambiguous work instructions, like-minded coworkers
Cons
Abusive/incompetent management, low-traffic store
It was a fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 3, 2018
Lowes foods,in hickory ,29th ave ,has poor management,department managers will not accept responsibility for anything that goes wrong ,upper management will stick by their department managers,even if they are wrong ,thus ,hurting the department and the store, by not being honest.
Pros
Breaks amd lunches were good
Cons
Poor managment
Great starter job
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, NCJune 29, 2018
This job is definitely just a starter job. You can't really make a living working here without another job. The pay is low and really you don't get paid what you should for the work you do.
Slow- paced; relaxing.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Startzville, TXJune 28, 2018
My overall experience was good; as my first job it gave me experience with customer service and promotional sales. I received a salary that went along with the job I did.
Pros
Plenty of breaks
Cons
The slow pace
Mail room Supervisior/Admin
supervisor/Admin (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCJune 25, 2018
Responsible for incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries, data entry, ordering company supplies, store support, answering multi line phone, Editing and publishing a company bi-monthly newsletter, Supporting corporate employees with inner office needs, promotes a positive attitude and a willingness to help as well as grow with the company.
Pros
fast paced, busy, no weekends
Cons
Poor management, lack of communication, lack of support
Great job for full throttle workers, under right management.
Lead Stocker (Former Employee) –  Hampstead, NCJune 24, 2018
*I love what my job entailed and I was the best at it.
*But I learned no matter how good you are you can only be as good as the management above you. In my case about as clueless as a bag of rocks.
*As I said would be awesome place to work for if under real management.
*Nothing hard about the job, just requires an honest hard worker. Fast paced, while being accurate.
*Most enjoyable part is it is a fast pace job. And I felt I could do so much to making the store great if under good management.
Pros
Great for workers, great hours
Cons
Bad management
Just Really Bad
Cake decorator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 21, 2018
Management is a joke. Very limiting on what can do as a cake decorator. If you show them that you have a drive for work they will expect you to do everything by yourself with no help and then talk bad about you to your coworkers when you start to struggle. Management is rude and doesn't take complaints seriously. You don't matter to them
Pros
Cons
Rude management, high expectations, boring
Productive and Fast Paced
Guest Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 16, 2018
Working for Lowes Foods allowed me to grow as person and as a team member. I was able to learn basic office functions and better team management skills. The company as a whole is overall amazing and very family oriented.
Pros
10% off of Lowes Foods Products
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 16, 2018
It was my first job, so I really don't remember a lot from the store but I know I was very happy while I work there and my manager was wonderful to me.
A Place To Work
Cash Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Morehead City, NCJune 4, 2018
A typical day gets busy at least twice and clams down afterward unless it's the summer then it's often quite busy. I have learned how to deal with customers service a lot more and it comes naturally. The hardest part the job would be how busy it gets.
Poor management, Favoritism, Non-existent Advancement Opportunities
Full Time Host (Current Employee) –  Cape Carteret, NCMay 30, 2018
I have been with Lowes Foods for several years, worked in different departments, and under several different department and store managers.

I enjoy my work, however, management (both department and store level) has made it nearly impossible for me to want to try and stay any longer.

Management does not communicate with the store associates, they play favorites, and do not address issues when brought to their attention. Current store manager says "if you're not happy, there's the door" - even when you go to him with policy violations or other issues that directly affect other hosts, guests, or the store.

There is little to NO chance of advance to team leader, supervisor, or management positions unless you are one of the ones they play favorites with. My store recently had a large number of new jobs become open due to a remodel - our store manager started offering some of the new positions to people BEFORE they were posted for all to see. Only a select few were even granted interviews for the new positions they applied for.

There is ZERO appreciation for anything you do. I'm not saying I need an award or gold star on a daily basis, but every now and then would be nice - you know like when I come in on a day off, or stay beyond my time, or go above and beyond what is needed. I am an extremely hard worker and can work circles around some of the kids in there half my age but it gets me nothing but more work without compensation or even consideration for advancement.

The Job/Life balance is frustrating because there are no set hours and requests for certain times
  more... or days off so you can attend to family needs go ignored.  less
Pros
Some fun people to work with
Cons
Stressful and draining, but good for high school job
Cashier, Bagger, and Self Check (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 29, 2018
Perfect job for 16-18. After that its detrimental because you no longer learn or gain anything from it. College kids could make more money with better jobs as well. Our hours would come out the day before the next week started. There would be virtually no known advancement on our schedule which put a hinder on social life. If you're older and have other responsibilities, this lack of time given to the employees can cause more bad than good.
Fun workplace
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCMay 15, 2018
Its a fun place and great concept. Corporate does its best to get employee feedback but normally the improvements stop after a short run. There is a small issue with favoritism and there is little room for advancement. They are super flexible with schedules but it is hard to get full time status.
Pros
Atmosphere, Flexibility
Cons
Favortism, Small chance of advancment
Was a good starter Job
Lead Personal Shopper Lowes To Go, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCMay 8, 2018
Was typical grocery store work. Enjoyed it for the most part. Great job to start or restart yourself while getting back into the work force. Pay was not great and hours were sometimes tough.
Pros
Generally good atmosphere
Cons
management lacked flexibility at times
Lack Of Management Knowledge
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCMay 8, 2018
racist remarks on schedule. I wouldn't recommend the job unless they are under new management. Also they were strict on hours and they wouldn't let you take your break on your time its on theirs.
Pros
Leave Early
Cons
not enough hours
Great people to work with, not enough hours to work with them.
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mebane, NCMay 8, 2018
It's standard entry level work. But the most glaring flaw is they don't appreciate your work enough and don't provide you with promotion opportunities. Hours are inconsistent, and often times you'll find yourself with not enough or hours in weird time spaces (such as working the morning one day, the evening the next, and the afternoon the day after). However, the people are generally nice and are fun to work with.
Pros
They don't ask for much of you, the work is relatively easy.
Cons
Poor schedule management, lack of appreciation from employers.
Very fun. Met lots of fun people
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCApril 26, 2018
It was a great place to work. I had fun and learned new things. People were easy to talk to. Learned how to do wic things snd enjoyed making new friends. The staff was amazing.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Some staff had attitudes