Lowes Foods, LLC Employee Reviews

This location is managed by baffoons, but the coworkers are great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJanuary 12, 2019
My title says it all.
I worked at Lowes Foods in the Simpsonville location since it had opened. The managers are the worst, who, well. Doesn't know how to manage and will cut your hours with no explanation. If you are working in a department that is ran by 1 person, you will not be able to get a lunch or a peaceful break. You cannot even walk to the restroom without a manager paging you back to serve a guest. It was a miserable time. The company is great but not at the Five Forks location, however, I recommend the Greer store as a place of work.
Pros
Easily get days off, decent pay
Cons
No breaks, clear favortism, managers are bad
The store is Family owned and they all are good people to work with and work for
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 9, 2019
It was a great work atmosphere. Every one Work well together. They are all there for you in any situation. The manager was a caring patient and a good person
Good starting job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCDecember 28, 2018
Great job for anyone starting out in customer service. Taught me a lot about hot to treat customers. Can easily be made into a fun working enviroment.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Starting position, low pay
good experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXDecember 25, 2018
no complaints and I liked the environment. It was a great experience overall. Everyone that worked there was very courteous and helpful. We were like a big family.
Horrible management, work, breaks and pay
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCDecember 20, 2018
Tldr: management incompetent, huge workload win little pay and short breaks.

The management at the Clayton, NC store are pretty pathetic in managing anything. The deli manger in particular never understood that on some days I could not come to work until a later time but still scheduled me for earlier. The manager also does not understand how to order materials such as cups, containers and rags which were always scarce due to such incompetence. The deli manager always messed up on the schedule and made the schedule avaible only a day prior to the following week. They also had me scheduled 5 days a week even though I was taking classes.

The work at Lowe's Foods was particularly bad when closing. We had to cut meat and cheese, cold salads, panini case and sometimes do chicken kitchen. We clean the floors, slicers and the endless amount of dishes we have coming from lazy people in early shifts. We also have to clean the salad bar and the windows and the tables and block.My coworkers were usually lazy and did not want to get customers, so I got most of the customers and cleaned te most. We were also shortstaffed a lot because one person called out all the time and store management fired two people because they "stole" something, while they complain about being short staffed. We are also expected to have full on conversations with every customers and be unrealisticly frtiendly to them. Most customers at the store are very obnoxious and rude too.

We get paid 9.50 an hour in the deli. However, all the merchandise inside the store is about 1.5 times as much as it is in walmart
  more... for the same items. Prices in the store are pretty ridiculous and our pay is hardly enough to get any items at the store regularly. We get 15 minute breaks which are only for people who work six hours and 8 hours gets 2 breaks and 1 thirty minute lunch which goes by pretty fast. We also have to approved by management in order to leave and that can around 10:30 pm even though it says we close at 9:30.  less
Pros
Get paid
Cons
Low pay, short breaks and high prices
I enjoyed the employees I worked with and the customers I came in contact with.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ocean Isle Beach, NCDecember 15, 2018
A typical day would be ringing up customers orders, taking their form of payment and pro3 excellent customer service. For me the hardest part was learning the various codes for the fruits and vegetables, what had to be weighed and how to do the coupons.
Pros
Even though I only worked 6 hours I did get a 30 minute break.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Uncomfortable work place
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCDecember 7, 2018
Horrible experience I felt uncomfortable working some days because some managers and other staff would be racist and would try to blame me for situations that had nothing to do with me And they didn’t inform me that I was getting fired I had to ask myself because they took me off the schedule the whole week and they told me my salary would be $9.50 an hour and I called my card and they only paid me $33.45
Cons
Racism
It's a fun place
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCDecember 7, 2018
The job is fun and people are great, but management has very little appreciation. Job pay is not worth the pay., But the workers are some of the most awesome people.
Pros
Friends
Cons
Pay
Great growth
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 3, 2018
In my almost 20 years with Lowe's it was a great learning time with me. I took the knowledge earned on to other company's and was successful. If Lowe's would only take care of their employees the could grow and be a large grocery store chain.
Pros
Teaching and learning
Cons
Pay
Sometimes a fun place to work
Cahsier (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCNovember 27, 2018
I learned how to engage customers into converstaion and control anger in people. A typical day at work would consist of working the cash register, bagging, and completing chores. The manager was excellent. The hardest part of the job is honestly dealing with angry customers which isn't that bad. The most enjoyable part of this job is making a great impact to yourself and other around you.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Short breaks
Be prepared
Grocery Stocker (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 25, 2018
If you are to get a job as a stocker, you need to make sure you're in it for the extra work time. Hours are not good and pay is not good. Do not do this job if you are looking for money.
peaceful atmosphere and great coworkers
FSA (Former Employee) –  Carnegie, PANovember 25, 2018
I loved my job. I never should have resigned. I was just bummed at the whole surgery experience and did not think things through. Sometimes people tend to act hastely. (I mean me)
Pros
clean store
Cons
Co workers are very helpful. Work is not hard
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCNovember 20, 2018
I like working here but I wish my pay was more. The people are very friendly . The manager is cool. They do work around my schedule. I plan on being with the company for a while.
Pros
Work not hard
Cons
Short breaks
poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCNovember 16, 2018
While working at Lowes I saw how unprofessional the management team was.The management team would discipline worker while with customers.If anyone called out of work , management would give the least amount of hours as possible for calling out.
Fresh and heathly food. Great place for young adults to work.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 16, 2018
Good friendly community. This place is like walking into a local neighborhood store. They have freshly cut fruits and vegetables, fresh baked cookies and bread.
Always short staffed
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Banner Elk, NCNovember 15, 2018
Never had a full staff, people constantly calling out and not being replaced. Management was the absolute worst. Belittled staff, knew of employees stealing and just didn't care. One of the worst places I've ever had the pleasure of working for.
Not a gppd job
Produce manager (Former Employee) –  Kermit, TXNovember 11, 2018
Lowes was the worst job I have ever had. The only good thing it has is the benefits. That is da ONLY reason I stayed with my job for 13 years. The 401 k n insurance was da ONLY great thing out of lowes. I was there 13 years n was only getting 14 a hoir
It's not a terrible job, but you will get tired of it if you don't like repeating the same steps every day.
Bakery Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, NCNovember 10, 2018
I have been working at Lowe's Foods for only a little over a year now. To be honest, I am becoming very tired of it. I like my co-workers, but the job is really burning me out with it's repetitiveness.
Fun
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 23, 2018
Fun and busy. I was always closing alone. Which meant cleaning the entire bakery alone. Which was tedious. And long. I'd love to go back, but for a different position.
Pros
Busy
Cons
I was always the closer
Productive yet stressful environment
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCOctober 20, 2018
It was a job for me to get experience in a workplace because I am only 16. It was a nice environment with many benefits for working there. It was a great entry level job, especially for a younger person.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Stressful