Loyola Marymount University

Loyola Marymount University insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals

The people and students fun working

I worked for Loyola Marymount University for 34 year’s, I didn’t want to leave but, unfortunately I was laid off after 34 years due to the COVID Pandemic. I was devastated and now it’s time to move forward. I would love to work locally no commuting. I would like to continue to work for the education system schools or universities.

I enjoy working at LMU and would recommend it as a good place to work. Supportive work environment with good communication and care about their employees.

Student Worker

I worked at my same work study job for four years during my undergraduate and had a positive experience. Experiences may vary at whatever work study job you have. Non work-study jobs for students on campus are limited.

Pros

flexible schedule, understanding supervisors

Amazing workplace

I have worked at Loyola Marymount University for six years. The people I work with are always positive friendly, and encouraging. While I enjoy working there very much I think that the pay is not what it could be. I also do not enjoy the fact that I have to pay over $700 for parking per semester. The location is outstanding and the grounds are beautiful, so overall the work life balance is fantastic.

Pros

Work life balance. Beautiful surroundings.

Cons

Expensive parking.

Productive and fun place to work at

LMU is a great place for students, they offer several part-time jobs for students while prioritizing the academics for the students. They have a great culture.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Great job opportunities for students

LMU has a multitude of job opportunities for their undergraduate and graduate students. I have worked in both administrative and interpersonal leadership roles and they are all great. The program staff are always supportive and it is a great learning experience.

Get rid of administrative bloat

Generous benefits and a beautiful campus but the administration and department heads are trash and the pay could definitely be better. I feel like everything is focused on getting enrollment numbers up and that probably has to do with the 'executives' and their salaries in the administration eating up most of the school's budget.

Great Experience

I worked as a writing instructor while studying as a graduate student. It was a great way to get some work experience while working towards my degree.

Beautiful Campus

Good place to work, with a beautiful campus. The pay could be better. Overall everyone is friendly and easy to work with. Good benefits and great culture.

Cons

have to pay monthly for parking

Working with others was very productive.

Everyone working at LMU want to help the students as much as possible. The atmosphere was very spiritual and a very positive place to work. It was a joy to go to work everyday.

Pros

Productive working situations, continuous professional growth classes, spiritual activities, college events, employee events, and numerous benefits

Cons

Politics, Provosts and board of directors

working for ITS support

It is good working for IT classroom support but unfortunately, they just cut our hours so it is now harder for students to support themselves. Besides the reduced hours, it is a great job

Pros

Helping people

Cons

Hour cuts

Learned a lot about

Learned a lot about academic research. I was working remote so there was not a team. Although my job was repetitive, it the research itself was interesting.

Fun place

While working at LMU payroll office as a intern it was a very good experience. I felt safe and cared for in my work environment. My supervisor was the best and the experience of working on a college campus was amazing.

Good for Academics Only

LMU has an excellent faculty, so students tend to thrive. It was once a great place to work in the past, with supportive, first-rate people across the campus. But with the current president and the reshuffled leadership team, it is an awful place to work, with mean-spirited “climbers” occupying leadership roles and a hiring preference for talking head types with marginal pragmatic experience and bullying personalities. A lot of good people have left the university as a result. If you get a job offer, take the job, get the experience and then get out.

Excellent Job Culture

LMU is a great place to work. You are surrounded by young adult eager to learn and a community of care. I genuinely look forward to going to work every morning.

Room for growth but....

There's room for growth in this company. If you're exempt, there's flexibility in the hours you work. Major issue is that you're not going to be paid well.

Pros

Fee lunches

Cons

Low pay

Opportunity to learn

Good university to work for. I always felt I had the opportunity to learn new things. Excellent health care benefits. Good environment to work for and you can always find a free lunch here and there.

Cons

Commute

fun place to work if you get along with your professor

It's a great opportunity to learn from your professors that have experience, and contacts within the nearby industry. it's a fantastic way to build your resume.

Great support and guidance throughout the entire organization

I received great support and guidance throughout the entire organization. The program is overseen by LMU doctors and NPs that are always there to answer questions and teach.

Working with really smart people

I enjoyed working with the faculty and staff. They are passionate about social justice and are committed to the students they teach. There's a lot to do so flexibility and creativity is required.

Excellent leadership

The leadership team I have worked with is the best I’ve ever encountered. Very transparent, supportive, and truly want the best for all involved in the education of students and teachers. Everyone I’ve worked with goes above and beyond towards positive outcomes, even when challenges arise. The people representing LMU “Walk the talk”.

Common questions about Loyola Marymount University

Answered by current and former employees at Loyola Marymount University

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loyola Marymount University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4

4.3
4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.7Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight