Loyola Marymount University Employee Reviews

Positive and fulfilling work environment
SENIOR FINANCIAL AID COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 28, 2018
The cost to attend LMU was high and oftentimes seemed prohibitive. However, my work in financial aid allowed me to provide low and middle-income students and families with the resources they needed to make higher education attainable.
Productive and accepting workplace environment
Admin - University Alumni Relations (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 28, 2018
My typical day is pretty relaxed and productive. I have learned about many social justice issues and how they have impacted different communities intersectionally. Management flows well and everyone is open to improving the lives and tasks of others. The culture in this workplace is very open-minded and there is little room to judge as everyone is welcome. The hardest part of the job might be time-management. This office is one that has fun but also has many important deadlines that need to be kept up to par and falling behind can be detrimental to the flow of the workplace.
Pros
Free food, friendly coworkers
Fantastic Learning Institution
Adjunct Faculty Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 25, 2018
Smaller faculty to student ratio allowed for instructor(s) to spend reasonable amount of time with each student. The private school had a family like atmosphere. The pastoral campus setting was perfect for teaching and learning.
Good Management
Rains Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2018
Work was explained well and what the duties were. The management was good and helped me grow. The workplace culture was very professional and taught me a lot about work ethic and accountability.
Pros
Professionalism
Research Opportunity
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westchester, CAJune 26, 2018
I was a research assistant for one of my professors to learn the process as I want to do research in a similar way. I was given tasks by my professor, then allowed to complete them at home on my own time. I was able to clock in online and check in with my professor when needed. It was a great experience that allowed me to develop skills and network in the research community.
good place to work at
Distribution Clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 20, 2018
the people here love to train and get you up to speed. Whenever there is a problem everyone will help to find a solution. You can not go wrong with the benefits LMU offers
Pros
good benefits, flexible, good co workers
Pretty relaxed work environment
Front Desk Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 11, 2018
The people here are very relaxed and willing to help you succeed. There were many times where the boss was sympathetic about juggling school life, extra curricular activities, as well as the demands of the work provided.
Great Experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2018
A typical day at work is not very stressful. It is work between studies and the balance solely depends on the person. I used to work on weekends to get my 20 hours of work each week and I had the flexibility to do so as I used to do my homework for school during workdays. My employers were very flexible. The challenge that I felt in this job was to understand the scope of the work as it was sometimes trial and error method for me. Overall, I enjoy being a graduate research assistant to all my professors.
Pros
Flexible working hours and considerate employee
Cons
The scope of the work is sometimes not explained well
Typical Academia
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 29, 2018
If you are going for a tenure track position, you probably know what to expect. It does take its mission seriously, so make sure you know and understand that. Otherwise, make sure you have plenty of time for research. Don't join too many committees or focus too much on teaching.
Easygoing job with flexible hours
Campus Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 18, 2018
Easy to determine your own hours/tour times and automatically scheduled around your classes. Management is sometimes unreliable but tour guide culture is strong among coworkers
Pros
free lunches, paid meetings, all-day events with food
Cons
poorly managed
Compensated to work with white people
Resident Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 7, 2018
Heavily white culture, with minimal care to people of different cultural backgrounds. While one of their staples is diversity, I continued to see people flock to their own colors, and the majority white.
Easy job
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 2, 2018
Fun and easy job! I did not have to do anything really I just sat there and answered questions about the printer and debugged any problems that arose.
learned so much
Art & Political Journalist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2018
got a lot of great mentoring and very good writing skills. was happy to get published in the university website. beautiful campus and really great instructors ready to help you with many resources.
productive environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 5, 2018
very relaxed and easy to work with. I was not there for long and only as an intern. Everyone was nice and easy to work with. Athletes were respectful.
Fun workplace
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 19, 2018
Work pace is laid back. People are nice. The coworkers are all very agreeable people. Sometimes upper management does not delegate very effectively or some departments are lacking proper support.
Great Place to work
Assistant Student Librarian (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 13, 2018
I really enjoyed my time working at William H. Hannon Library at LMU. The workplace environment was laidback and very accommodating to my busy student lifestyle.
Excellent workplace
Student Office Assistant (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 9, 2018
Excellent for students. Work culture is supportive for students while balance full course work and student activities. Everyone at LMU is very professional.
Great Learning Experience
Rains Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Theology DepartmentFebruary 24, 2018
This opportunity was great exposure to the academic field--had many chances to network and build relationships with well-renown professors, develop and refine research skills, and be closely mentored by research professor
Worthwhile internship
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 23, 2018
I briefly interned here after high school in the Physiology Applied Research Center. My superior was a professor, and I enjoyed excellent mentorship. I was given the opportunity to assist with a research project, which I felt comfortable doing despite my lack of skills due to the atmosphere of collaboration and help.
Productive and supportive working environment
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 8, 2018
My boss knows that I am a college student and understands that by making the work-load flexible. Moreover, he lets me leave work early should I have an upcoming exam that I need to prepare for.