Loyola University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very little resources or suppprt
Advanced Practice Nurse (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 9, 2018
Loyola is having financial troubles so they are cutting positions and piling more and more work on the remaining employees. Very little support from management. Poor communication between different disciplines. Fewer and fewer resources with greater and greater expectations. Becoming a terrible and toxic place to work.
Nice place
Slide Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILJuly 9, 2018
I didn't mind the job I did even though it was for a short period of time. The staff was kind enough to show me everything I needed to know about my job descriptions.
Pros
Atmosphere
Reputable hospital
Evening Charge Dialysis Nurse (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILJuly 6, 2018
Magnet hospital. Great doctors, professional staff, nursing autonomy. Promote employee’s to get their advanced degree with school reimbursement . Good indisciplinary team from doctors, nurses, social workers, pharmacy, discharge planner and more.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Manager shows favoritism
Not the best place to work!
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maywood, IL 60153July 3, 2018
Not employee friendly, poor management, not team oriented. The worse job experience I ever had, not a good team atmosphere not a good or supportive environment.
Pros
Work out Center
Cons
Want you to work for free, not supportive environment
average employer
Human Resource Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILJuly 2, 2018
Does not consistently follow its mission. the work experience was average compared to other organizations. Inability to shift business strategies to maintain competitive position
Challenging
Reimbursement Specialist- Underpayments (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILJune 29, 2018
Loyola is a unpredictable place of employment. I learned a great deal about Illinois Medicaid and Medicaid Managed Care programs and I had the opportunity to meet with provider representatives from various insurance companies to discuss and ultimately reduce denials.
Pros
Wonder Co-Workers
Cons
PTO and Pay
Manager
Manager of Physician Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILJune 21, 2018
It was a very busy work place with many tasks and interviews. Pleasant work place, great co-workers and assistance when you needed it. Excellent physicians to work with and strong leadership. You always had to be accountable for your work.
Pros
Positive work place
Cons
some management issues
n/a
Managed Care Appeals Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILJune 20, 2018
I enjoyed working at Loyola, I which to seek out different opportunities that was not offered at my current job. It is an excellent company to work.
Great Experience
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2018
I enjoyed working at the work place fast past and great team work.My job as a successful teacher is to provided kids with a safe, fun environment where they can express themselves creatively, make new friends and adjust to the environment and make the children feel safe and comfortable without their mom and dad. Teaching preschoolers is not easy but those are qualities that make you a successful teacher. As a preschool teacher, you should really believe in what you are doing. You should care about well-beings of each child in the classroom. Teaching preschooler can be timing and stressful, but it can also be rewarding at the end.
Pros
lunch close by
Cons
short breakes
Great Company To Work For
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILJune 19, 2018
Loyola University Medical Center is a great company to work for. It has great benefits and opportunities for advancement. Many employee have been employed her over 20 years
Heart transplant unit
Registered Nurse- Heart Transplant Unit (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILJune 9, 2018
It has been a long time since I have worked at Loyola so I really can't comment on how it is presently. However, I did learn a ton while working there and made great friends.
work culture
Service Accociate Non certified Nursing assisstant (Former Employee) –  Maywood, IL 60153May 30, 2018
fun loving and friendly co workers I miss them a great deal. I enjoyed helping others and patients and visitors. I also in joyed working in a fast passed environment.
Pros
friendly and lovable co-workers
Cons
poor managment, low pay, under staffed
Top-down company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILMay 29, 2018
Working in a toxic environment where management is rarely present but readily available when something goes wrong. After placing many complaints, the management dismiss my complaints. Very unhappy with the management. No staff support.
ok
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILMay 17, 2018
It was a temp job that kept me employed while I looked for other work. It was a decent place and most of the employees were great to work with. Not a bad culture.
Wonderful Work Culture
Registry Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILMay 3, 2018
The culture at Loyola is wonderful. Most of the staff is friendly and helpful. The nurses are good at working together to help each other. There is always someone around to answer questions and residents on call in the hospital at night.
The Best Years of My Life
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILMay 2, 2018
I really liked the people there, and I fell into the job easily. It became life for me; more than a job. The hardest thing for me was losing people.
Pros
people, good food
Cons
TOXIC people, gossip, rumors, losing people I want in my life
Great learning facility, horrible pay
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 30, 2018
Great facility to learn from but terrible pay for medical assistants. I dont think Loyola fully understands the scope of a medical assistants responsibilities or what theyre capable of doing. 13.00 an hour for an employee with 10 years of experience and $15,000 in debt to be certified in my position to work for facility like Loyola is insulting which is why I left. My paycheck didnt even cover my student loans. How does Loyola expect you to break your neck running around for some of the most arrogant doctors that treat you like the scum of the earth to barely make ends meet? No thanks.
Pros
Excellent learning opportunities
Cons
Horrible pay, arrogant providers to work for, rude management
Friendly, relaxing, learnig supporting workplace.
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILApril 23, 2018
A typical day at work is working together as a team to complete our goal for the day. What I learn is more about the career I choose in sterile processing and team work. As it come to management the communication is the goal of success that we each follow, As we all participation in safety and concerns for each other. The work place culture is engagement solved problems and goals are met together. A strong diversity draw ideas and STENGTHS AND DEVELOPMENT ,making a positive impact in the workplace.. The hardest part of the job is when lack of staff. The most wonderful part of the job is when you know you did a great job with your team as working together to save someone life.
Pros
working togerher as a team
Cons
lack of communication
Hardest Part of the Job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILMarch 31, 2018
The unit is always short-staffed and stressful. Patient care suffers because administration is cutting costs in the wrong places. Lack of appropriate staffing leads to poor patient experiences. Loyola needs to change how it cut costs.
Exciting work place
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2018
Overall it’s a nice environment to work but far as the position I had and the hrs I had was for someone who fit that position such as someone with minimum responsibilities.