Loyola University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Was great until it wasnt
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILMarch 16, 2019
I left Loyola after Trinity bought them out. The new management had ridiculous standards for productivity and frequently sent me home early or did not pay me for patient cancellations. Often was taken from my PTO which did not allow me a full vacation. Ended up working longer hours with more to do on my checklist everyday.
Great work environemnt!
Medical Student (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILMarch 13, 2019
Great work environment! I am currently a medical school and have felt very well supported by all of the faculty and residents. I feel that I have a learned a lot in my time here.
Great work environment!
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  ILMarch 7, 2019
Great place to begin my career but lacks flexibility for employees who are going to school.

Company needs to support employees who are continuing their education.
N/a
Labor and Delivery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILMarch 3, 2019
Loyola University Medical system was my first place of employment folllowing graduation. They truly embodied everything I had learned in nursing school in terms of treating the human spirit. They aligned with my mission and values as a health system.
Very busy workplace
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILFebruary 27, 2019
I believe that Loyola strives for a great patient experience, but as an employee working in the ER I have to say that we are heavily understaffed. We would all perform better if we could have adequate staff and then the patient experience would improve as well.
n/a
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILFebruary 26, 2019
I was a nursing student at this hospital and was given several learning opportunities by the nurses there. They answered any questions I had and encouraged learning
A good place to be.
Basic Life Support Instructor (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILFebruary 16, 2019
I work there as a contract employee, the management and other employees have been very easy to work with. I don't plan on leaving there, as I enjoy what I'm doing.
Workplace that feels like a family
Registered Nurse Clinician, Cardiovascular Surgery (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILFebruary 12, 2019
At Loyola, the staff and providers that I had the opportunity to work with were not only great at what they did, but had compassion for all the patients they came into contact with. It is a great team at Loyola, which is essential in such a high volume facility.
Great working atmosphere with friendly and hard-wroking people
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2019
Flexible working hours and allow work remotely/ at home.
Having access to the big data from the real world while can apply the knowledge gained from school.
Reliable
Phlebptomist (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJanuary 23, 2019
I want to expand my trade I'm very professional at drawing blood samples i work on hospital floors i see all kinds of stuff that helps me take care of people in need
Pros
Meetings
Cons
Far
Very punitive working environment. Management seems to look for ways to write up some employees, this negates having to provide a 2% annual raise.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Main campusJanuary 17, 2019
The patient scheduling systems and insurance verification systems are antiquated and ineffective. Most is a manual process which is very timely causing delays of patient care. Email is Outlook 2010 and unsecured. Equipment is old and poorly maintained, breaking down often. Not the expectation of a university medical system. High turnover of staff. The majority of senior leaders resigned in fall of 2018 following an employee separation program targeting employees over age 50 with more than 10 years experience. The CEO also resigned. Now Loyola hires new grads without experience to save money. Not a safe patient experience. Loyola is in trouble financially and increases patient copayments to compensate. Added a “facility charge “ for outpatient procedures. Housekeeping is non existent increasing patient infection rates. Employees are expected to always be available and flexible with scheduled work hours with little notice and no additional compensation except for nurses. Nothing is done to follow through on employee satisfaction low scores.
Pros
Some good physicians
Cons
High turn over of staff. High cost of insurance. Parking is challenging. Management is ineffective, only care about nursing. Aged equipment.
I love working at Loyola
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILJanuary 16, 2019
I began as a full-time employee and transitioned to registry. I currently work weekends and continue to enjoy my time there. As with most jobs, I wish my pay were a bit more. However, the job is flexible, fun, and I feel like I am making a difference. I enjoy my coworkers and the management team.
Excellent opportunities for professional growth and a rich and wonder cultural blend of both work professionals, staff and patients
Allergy Clinic RN, Burr (Current Employee) –  Maywood, IL 60153January 14, 2019
Challenging, inspirational and rich cultural experience. Look forward to coming to work every day.
A particular job experience and opportunity for growth has direct correlation to one's immediate Clinical Coordinator's support of nursing, style and level of experience.
Pros
Challenging, Rewarding
Cons
Management and support of nursing
Not a good place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILJanuary 12, 2019
This is not a good place to work because of the hostile work environment. You have to deal with harassment from workers and managers and human resources does not protect your rights.. I also had to deal with physical abuse by mangers.
Benefits
Cons
Hassament
Enjoyable place to work
Dynamic Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILJanuary 8, 2019
Scheduled appointments. Efficiently handled large volume of phone calls. Communicated closely with nurses and physicians. Verified insurances for government and commercial insurances. I liked talking with patient on the phone
Pros
Good benefits and fun place to work
Cons
some staff are fun to work with not all
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILDecember 11, 2018
Loyola is good for a first time hospital job. but no where to stay long term unless you live close. Management on 5news is not the best don't care if the floor is short. they will not answer if you call but get mad when you call off. doctors statements is not enough for this company you have to die before you can call off. over all 5news suck!!!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
5news sucks
Close to home
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILDecember 5, 2018
I choose to work at this location because it's close to home and it literally takes me about 10 minutes to get there and home. I enjoy having weekends and holidays off. I know the majority of the people I interact with and we share our daily experiences to keep each other in the know. My job is really easy and it's not stressful but at times there are minor issues that my manager resolves.
Loyola
PHYSICIAN BASED CODER (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILNovember 29, 2018
While I wouldn't give Loyola five stars, I wouldn't say that my time working with them was all bad. There were a lot of great people that I worked with on a daily basis. I came to Loyola during a time of transition so things were up in the air in my department.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Antiquated process
Employee Benefits
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILNovember 25, 2018
Assisting new and internal employee with employee benefits questions, new hired orientation, resolving employees medical, dental, vision, and leave issues,
Pros
Employee Benefits environment
Cons
distance
Run, dont bother with the finance dept
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILNovember 15, 2018
I would definitely not recommend any one to work in the finance department. It has a high turn over rate, people come and go. There is no structure, no training and the controller is out of control, unprofessional and constantly yelling...very unstable person. If you want a stressful job Loyola is the place. It is sad to see bad managers give a company a bad name...hope corporate makes changes, because word gets around that it is not a good place to work at.
Pros
Commute
Cons
Bad Management