Loyola University Medical Center Employee Reviews

some staff are fun to work with not all
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILDecember 11, 2018
Loyola is good for a first time hospital job. but no where to stay long term unless you live close. Management on 5news is not the best don't care if the floor is short. they will not answer if you call but get mad when you call off. doctors statements is not enough for this company you have to die before you can call off. over all 5news suck!!!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
5news sucks
Close to home
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILDecember 5, 2018
I choose to work at this location because it's close to home and it literally takes me about 10 minutes to get there and home. I enjoy having weekends and holidays off. I know the majority of the people I interact with and we share our daily experiences to keep each other in the know. My job is really easy and it's not stressful but at times there are minor issues that my manager resolves.
Employee Benefits
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILNovember 25, 2018
Assisting new and internal employee with employee benefits questions, new hired orientation, resolving employees medical, dental, vision, and leave issues,
Pros
Employee Benefits environment
Cons
distance
Run, dont bother with the finance dept
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILNovember 15, 2018
I would definitely not recommend any one to work in the finance department. It has a high turn over rate, people come and go. There is no structure, no training and the controller is out of control, unprofessional and constantly yelling...very unstable person. If you want a stressful job Loyola is the place. It is sad to see bad managers give a company a bad name...hope corporate makes changes, because word gets around that it is not a good place to work at.
Pros
Commute
Cons
Bad Management
Would not recommend.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILNovember 6, 2018
Thumbs down. Would not recommend at all. Needs effective Management in place to eliminate the high turn over. Thumbs down. Thumbs down. Would not recommend.
It was a expensense i learn from it.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILNovember 5, 2018
I learn a lot from Loyola, how a real work field really work in how to be on time in appreciate your job more. The managers are respectful, kind, in help yu with whatever you want.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
1 hour breaks
You get tired of working here.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILNovember 1, 2018
It was a great place to work for at first, but it all changes. There’s room for advancement but your chances are very slim due to favortism. Management isn’t the greatest either.
Pros
They’ll hire anybody so anyone can have a chance here.
Cons
Pay is not the best.
regular workplace
Hospital Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILOctober 30, 2018
excessive micromanagement
poor hiring practices with regards to technicians

poor quality management

Best part of working at Loyola are the staff. I loved working with a multi-disciplinary team. I learned a great deal from the clinicians. All the pharmacists worked as team players.
Pros
getting to have a lunch
Cons
techinican schedules
terrible place to work
Inpatient Clinician (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILOctober 29, 2018
I felt like a therapist with a heartbeat, sent into rooms to bill for services. No quality assurance for services delivered, lack of knowledge of how to optimize staff, reimbursement, coding, and paperwork for productivity with quality of care focus. I would never send my parents to Loyola for their medical needs, nor would I ever want to end up there. It is a place to go when there is no where else that will take you. The management does not care about staff experience, training, or development. It is a sad place.
Pros
lunch time, flexible work hours
Cons
management, lack of care about poor quality
Wonderful place to work
Chaplain Intern (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILOctober 24, 2018
I completed 3 of 5 CPE units at LUMC, and I was treated very well. The expertise of the staff chaplains and the care they take in making fellow employees feel welcome allows one to succeed under their direction. I was assigned to the vital organ transplant unit, along with covering additional units as assigned on a daily basis.

Ministering to patient's and their family members is humbling and an honor. Working with inter-disciplinary staff members I have found to be very rewarding. Interactions with staff members I have found were rewarding. I have found they are willing to include chaplains in their meetings with patients and family members regarding treatment and procedures, so we can be supportive of those individuals during stressful times.
Pros
Great interaction with staff members including upper management
Cons
Shortage of positions due to the State of IL not paying
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILOctober 15, 2018
There is not a lot to offer for job advancement unless you're a nurse. They don't pay as well as other hospitals in the area either, but if you're looking for a fun place to work, the ER at Loyola is it!
Challenging Environment
Distribution Service Tech III (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2018
Must be professional and able to speak with doctors and nurses clearly and with authority. I loved my job and helping patients and nurses. I found it very fulfilling
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Pay was low
Productive, educational, and lots of room to grow with the company.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILSeptember 16, 2018
Loyola University Medical Center is a great place to work. I was hired in December, 2000. In Janurary , 2001I went through an extensive orientation class. I was also paid for it but they made sure that the department that you were hired for you definitely knew the function of your job. I worked in the clinics on the main campus. They're is team work at which is very important. I was on the team of the cancer center. Not only did we have regular clinics, we had a multidisciplinary clinics every week also. That included lung, gastrointestinal, and breast. Whether the patient was new, a second opinion, or already a patient of the campus and were diagnosed with cancer we were involved in their care. What was so great about the multidisciplinary clinic was is the patient got to meet the oncology surgeon, hematology oncologist, radiation oncologist, and pathologist to take samples if need be. Once the patient went through with seeing the appropriate set of physicians, they all went to another room and all the nurses were able to attend and listen to what the best action to take was for that patients treatment was and decide if that was it. At the time of this meeting you were able to view on the overhead projector the xrays, MRI's, and Ct scans, and the pathology slides of the actual diseased cells. Very amazing!! Than we resume clinic and discuss all option to the patients and their families. From there the patient makes their decision. Usually they have one to two options to choose from, and sometimes three. So being involved in all of that your educational level goes through the  more... roof.
With any job they're are always some kind of negativity, cliques, or squabbles between coworkers but you just don't get involved with that. You are there to do your job and be there for the patient. The patient should always be first.
Pros
education, teamwork
Cons
some peer cliques, pay to park in the employee garage
Company
COLLECTOR/FINANCIAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Maywood, IllinoisSeptember 16, 2018
Just a very good healthcare/hospital to work for. Definitely room for advancement and much growth. My former manager was very pleasant and had an open door policy. If fact, I still keep in touch with her after 20+ years.
Pros
Excellent Hospital as well as the business office
Cons
Loyola University Medical Center was an excellent place to work.
Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILSeptember 6, 2018
I am no longer employed at Loyola University Medical Center.
Loyola University Medical Center was a great place to work during my time of employment.
Great place to learn
RCP (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILSeptember 1, 2018
Working at Loyola is very challenging, fast paced, and team oriented. I love the people I work with and I feel supported from staff to lead RCPs. You can get the most if you put your heart in it. There is growth opportunity if you are willing to invest time in furthering your education. Management really works with you when it comes to scheduling to balance your educational goals.
Pros
Challenging place to work; fast paced.
Cons
Education benefits currently frozen - hopefully will be reversed.
I like it
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILAugust 29, 2018
I like the job it’s very nice it’s okay just to much going on play roles with people and a lot of walking involved not everybody does they job and great managers
Pros
Healthcare good hours
Cons
Drama
Great experience
Manager of Cardio Thoracic (CVICU) (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILAugust 23, 2018
Experience was excellent, long term leadership advanced but no room for newer leaders, great nursing staff. Experienced thing I would never have seen elsewhere
Pros
great surgeons
Cons
lack of experienced leadership
Good place
SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILAugust 22, 2018
Good medical and dental benefits. Overall good place to work in. Fast paced, every day can be different. Some holidays off. Full time and part time. Annual reviews, could be better.
Contractor
Vendor Management - Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILAugust 22, 2018
This role is a temporary contractor role to set up the Vendor Management department. It is a new role for the PFS dept. and there isn't much support or opportunity for growth.
Pros
Cons
contract role