Loyola University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILOctober 15, 2018
There is not a lot to offer for job advancement unless you're a nurse. They don't pay as well as other hospitals in the area either, but if you're looking for a fun place to work, the ER at Loyola is it!
Productive, educational, and lots of room to grow with the company.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILSeptember 16, 2018
Loyola University Medical Center is a great place to work. I was hired in December, 2000. In Janurary , 2001I went through an extensive orientation class. I was also paid for it but they made sure that the department that you were hired for you definitely knew the function of your job. I worked in the clinics on the main campus. They're is team work at which is very important. I was on the team of the cancer center. Not only did we have regular clinics, we had a multidisciplinary clinics every week also. That included lung, gastrointestinal, and breast. Whether the patient was new, a second opinion, or already a patient of the campus and were diagnosed with cancer we were involved in their care. What was so great about the multidisciplinary clinic was is the patient got to meet the oncology surgeon, hematology oncologist, radiation oncologist, and pathologist to take samples if need be. Once the patient went through with seeing the appropriate set of physicians, they all went to another room and all the nurses were able to attend and listen to what the best action to take was for that patients treatment was and decide if that was it. At the time of this meeting you were able to view on the overhead projector the xrays, MRI's, and Ct scans, and the pathology slides of the actual diseased cells. Very amazing!! Than we resume clinic and discuss all option to the patients and their families. From there the patient makes their decision. Usually they have one to two options to choose from, and sometimes three. So being involved in all of that your educational level goes through the  more... roof.
With any job they're are always some kind of negativity, cliques, or squabbles between coworkers but you just don't get involved with that. You are there to do your job and be there for the patient. The patient should always be first.
Pros
education, teamwork
Cons
some peer cliques, pay to park in the employee garage
Company
COLLECTOR/FINANCIAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Maywood, IllinoisSeptember 16, 2018
Just a very good healthcare/hospital to work for. Definitely room for advancement and much growth. My former manager was very pleasant and had an open door policy. If fact, I still keep in touch with her after 20+ years.
Pros
Excellent Hospital as well as the business office
Cons
Loyola University Medical Center was an excellent place to work.
Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILSeptember 6, 2018
I am no longer employed at Loyola University Medical Center.
Loyola University Medical Center was a great place to work during my time of employment.
Great place to learn
RCP (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILSeptember 1, 2018
Working at Loyola is very challenging, fast paced, and team oriented. I love the people I work with and I feel supported from staff to lead RCPs. You can get the most if you put your heart in it. There is growth opportunity if you are willing to invest time in furthering your education. Management really works with you when it comes to scheduling to balance your educational goals.
Pros
Challenging place to work; fast paced.
Cons
Education benefits currently frozen - hopefully will be reversed.
I like it
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILAugust 29, 2018
I like the job it’s very nice it’s okay just to much going on play roles with people and a lot of walking involved not everybody does they job and great managers
Pros
Healthcare good hours
Cons
Drama
Great experience
Manager of Cardio Thoracic (CVICU) (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILAugust 23, 2018
Experience was excellent, long term leadership advanced but no room for newer leaders, great nursing staff. Experienced thing I would never have seen elsewhere
Pros
great surgeons
Cons
lack of experienced leadership
Good place
SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILAugust 22, 2018
Good medical and dental benefits. Overall good place to work in. Fast paced, every day can be different. Some holidays off. Full time and part time. Annual reviews, could be better.
Contractor
Vendor Management - Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILAugust 22, 2018
This role is a temporary contractor role to set up the Vendor Management department. It is a new role for the PFS dept. and there isn't much support or opportunity for growth.
Pros
Cons
contract role
Not a good place to work
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILAugust 15, 2018
If you are looking to find a good place to work with opportunities to learn and advance, Loyola is not it. The mid-level managers are among the least qualified managers I have ever had the displeasure to work with. All owe their jobs to seniority, not accomplishment. The health care system is currently searching for a new CEO. Whomever is hired needs to start with a clean slate and should replace every manager with clinical responsibilities.
Pros
complex medical cases
Cons
no support, no reason to do anything above and beyond
Someone needs to do something about the management
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 13, 2018
I have never worked in a department with such unprofessional, rude, clickish, childish, and just straight up backstabbing members of management and coworkers in my entire life. These people should be ashamed of themselves. With the recent restructuring of Loyola, instead of these people loosing their jobs, they are being promoted. It is very sad because the physicians are wonderful and deserve proper support, but unfortunately all of the good employees are forced out and the only ones that will remain are mindless losers with no self respect or ambition.
Pros
You can pretty much do what ever you want as long as you kiss up to your boss.
Cons
You are bullied and made to feel worthless.
Excellent Work Environment
Transfusion Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILAugust 7, 2018
I feel like I was valued and able to contribute to the care of patients at LUMC. Over the course of more than 20 years I had opportunities for growth and was able to expand my own knowledge base.
Very interesting
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILAugust 6, 2018
Enjoyed the variety of tasks and the responsibility of making sure patient matters were taken care of in this role. Rewarding that you help others in need.
Productive and great place to work
Service Associate/Lead (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILAugust 2, 2018
Great place to work. Being part of housekeeping department knowing that the work and dedication that you are putting in is very important especially being a great aspect in the OR department. Leading and training others to always demonstrate leadership in which shows understanding to the patients
Many changes occuring
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  ICUJuly 30, 2018
Frequent floating to other units when census is low and turnover is increasing. Unit I work in has supportive coworkers who are very helpful. Housekeeping could be improved..
easy but not good pay
Patient Access Rep II (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILJuly 26, 2018
its a good job to get you in position to find a better job. the pay sucks and lacks in career advancement. It s definitely a good job for a person with no financial obligations.
ENjoyable place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILJuly 23, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy working for LUMC. The staff is friendly and the managers are accommodating. I have no complaints with my time at LUMC. The company culture follows the mission statement of the organization.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  No commentJuly 16, 2018
You cannot win against management. If you have a grievance with management you might as well keep it yourself. You will not win against management ever. Someone needs to step in and revamp the entire HR department. Bring in some new blood .
Very little resources or suppprt
Advanced Practice Nurse (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 9, 2018
Loyola is having financial troubles so they are cutting positions and piling more and more work on the remaining employees. Very little support from management. Poor communication between different disciplines. Fewer and fewer resources with greater and greater expectations. Becoming a terrible and toxic place to work.
Great place to work.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILJuly 9, 2018
Loyola University was a Excellent job during my time of employment.
The job location was very convenience for my commute to and from my place of residence.