Lozier Corporation Employee Reviews

You stay busy
Fabrication (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 15, 2018
It is a very fast paced place to work. You are on your feet all day long. You get two 15 minutes break and a 30 minute lunch break. They do have you move around to different machines if they are short staffed.
Great place to work at. Great environment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, INAugust 13, 2018
Great environment couldn’t stay because of transportation but love the people their cared for one another and team work. Love the pay and would get a raise every year.
Intership
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, INAugust 8, 2018
An Engineering intern/coop is a problem-solver, facilitator, change agent, innovator, and technical resource. Responsible for performing these functions on issues as they are assigned (or arise) in the designated area.
Pros
Flexible on time
Cons
Short brakes
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALJuly 31, 2018
Fast pasted work, the managers worked with you. It's really good pay. Once you get the full time benefits its well worth it. The bad part is going through a temp service
Fun comfortable fast paced work enviroment
Paint Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 4, 2018
Working at Lozier will teach you work discipline due to the fast paced and heavy duty work environment. Management was very good because they cared a lot about job safety and security.
Pros
Pay was very good.
Cons
Fast paced and hot envirmment
Stable company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 28, 2018
Overall, Lozier is a good place to work. The company is very stable and the work is challenging. Areas for improvement would be to (1) Provide incentives/bonus programs for high-performing professionals at ALL levels of the company (2) Conduct impartial Exit Interviews (HR) to find out areas we can improve the company (3) Eliminate old fashioned business practices such as rigid on-site work hours and a dress code (4) Provide more in-house training for areas such as team building and personal development (5) Show appreciation for hard working employees more frequently
Pros
Hardworking employees, Stable company, Minimal office politics, Friendly employees, Low turn-over
Cons
Minimal employee development programs, Performance issues aren’t always addressed and more competent employees end up filling in the gap, Benefits reduced (eliminated pension plan)
PLANT ACCOUNTANT II (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALJune 26, 2018
THis was a great place to work. Very small office to include accounting, purchasing, accounts payable, payroll. Controller was very easy going and great to work with.
Pros
Great people, great boss, good job, lots of learning
Cons
Had to drive from Chattanooga
Good compensation, poor management
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 13, 2018
Typical day at work was fast paced, which made the day go quick. I was in charge of loading and offloading boards for shelves. Management was my only real issue at this job. The shift manager for my shift and I did not get along which resulted in him reporting that my "work performance was poor" and that I was uncooperative. I enjoyed the people I worked with, however, they needed to implement an different form of reporting work performance other than basing it off the word of one shift supervisor
Pros
Great compensation
fast paced
Welder (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MO 64801April 15, 2018
fast paced and high production is a typical day and a I learned how to pace myself. Management was OK. workplace culture was good because people worked together. The hardest part was meeting the high quota demands. and the most enjoyable was when you met the quota.
Pros
perfect attendance bonus
Cons
Fast paced work environment!
Group 3 Operator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 13, 2018
Be prepared for a hazardous industrial work place with temperature extremes. Lots of protective equipment, such as eye, hearing and steel toe work boots. Gloves and arm guards are a must. Your work day is scheduled down to the minute, so be prepared for micro-management. Plenty of room for career advancement and educational opportunities. Show up on time and ready to go! Friendly people to work with and for.
Pros
Steady job and various shift start times.
Cons
Hazardous environment with temperature extremes.
Slow paced yet benefits are good
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 9, 2018
The company is full of people who have worked there for decades. I can commend any company that has that level of retention. The culture is very people centered because everyone has worked there for years. If you fit in... wonderful! If you don't.. look for another place.
Benefits
Cons
warehouse is not climate controlled
Goof
Material Handler and Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 2, 2018
Good opportunity to move up. Management is pretty good about giving you time off when you need it. There's always room to move up around the company. Overall good place to advance
Good Insurance
Salaried Professional (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 16, 2018
Lozier promotes those who think like them. It's the "good ole boy's club." Challenge management ideas, and you get pushed aside.
No training is given for new roles. The company likes to rotate positions from within the company (cross-train), telling you what job you'll be doing next, disregarding any personal career aspirations you may have there. Your new roles are considered "lateral moves" and there isn't any compensation involved.
There's a lack of employee retention. You have people at the company who have been there for 35+ years, and get in the "lozier way" mindset (very archaic). Then you have newer employees that stay around for 1-3 years and quit. Turnover for newer employees is high. Annual raises are marginal and barely keep up with inflation.
Pros
Good insurance rates
Cons
Archaic workplace culture
Great coworkers
Backline Operator (Current Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALDecember 29, 2017
Lozier is hard work and very fast paced. the people here are amazing to work with. there is lot of heavy lifting and you're constantly on your feet but its great as long as you have a good work ethic.
Pros
nice people
Cons
heavy lifting
Management (Former Employee) –  Union, MODecember 26, 2017
Very supportive and listening management that I appreciated while at Lozier. The culture was positive and with a challenging work environment. I recommend.
Pros
Room to grow
Cons
Location closed.
Has Potential Lacks Progression
Account Service Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 10, 2017
I believe that this company is afraid to make changes in order to keep up with current technology. This company has an older workforce and the job culture in the main office is much like you would expect in a factory setting.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
No sick pay or vacation pay only PTO
I liked my job it just the shift i didn't like
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  6360 Pershing Dr. Omaha NE 68110October 3, 2017
The only reason I quiet working at loziers it cause I didn't want to work second shift any more my kids are still very little and my girlfriend needed help
Pros
Only on holidays
Cons
Lunch and two 15 minutes breaks
Good
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 2, 2017
Machine worker that handle lots of heavy Wait at a continues pace for hours at a time there was also times when the machine would break down and you .
Pros
Is ok
Cons
Not that bad
Its an okay job to work at
Machine Operator AW1/P119 (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 19, 2017
I like working for this company because of the Union that make sure that we are receiving fair wages for the job or tasks that we are completing. Great on safety, lunches for safety and years worked at the company.
The work that has been completed for the company is made to better supply our customer.
Pros
Great union, good benefits, company luncheon
Cons
Short breaks, quote needs to be meet.
Very non-friendly environment
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 15, 2017
No one said good morning or talked about anything other than work. The training was minimal and everyone was always looking down on everyone. It was very much a "catty" type of environment.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
No Laptops, Sharepoints or descent Information Technology