Lozier Corporation Employee Reviews

Overall great job
Mig Welder (Current Employee) –  Middlebury, INJuly 8, 2019
Starts at $14/hr for a regular operator with raises at 6 months and years 1 2 and 3. Full medical dental and vision after 90 days that is very affordable. 401k after 6 months.12 pto days per year. Some of the supervisor do play favoritism however i havent seen it cost anyone theor job. Lots of opportunities for advancement and certification in various jobs.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, and advancement
Cons
Favoritism, hot
Good solid job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALJuly 5, 2019
Great environment good co workers plenty of hours good team chemistry overall good job I would definitely go back if offered plenty of opportunitys to move up
Dc
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 28, 2019
Job is good at first but after awhile there's no room for growth you do the same thing day after day. This is a union job so seniority gets everything first. Pay is decent for younger people but if you have a family you will still work 2 job a lot of us here do even after working here for 20+ years
fast paced, very hot and cold during the seasons.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, INMay 28, 2019
It was extremely hot, they did over 10 cent bottles of water and sometimes free water between Memorial and Labor Day. High turn over rate, poor work and quality ethics from other hourly employees.
Pros
health conscious, lower insurance rate for yearly blood work.
Cons
machines down alot, many hourly employees with poor work ethic.
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Middlebury, INMarch 24, 2019
Clean friendly environment. It's a good place to work. Very enjoyable people. Clean environment. Advancement is there if you want it. Management listens to you. They are big on safety
Pros
No stress
Cons
Short breaks
Old culture - old management - old thinking
Account Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 22, 2019
Lozier is a large company so it's tough to point out the faults when everyone who has been there 10 + years has everyone else's back no matter what.

Management is sadly limited in knowledge. They spend their entire days in and out of meetings that are planning other meetings that have no meaning or purpose, and come with no results or answers. If you think you have an idea, make sure you incept it into your managers brain so they think they came up with it, that's the only way to get your thoughts taken seriously. The way management acts their, you would think they are all business savants with overbounding knowledge, when really it comes down to the fact that they have just been around the longest.

Nepotism and sexism all throughout. Rumors of affairs that helped promote members.

'Time Management' is a hot topic, although that's coming from the mouth of the Team Lead who accidentally emailed their Excel spreadsheet to me they had been building all day, regarding the important matter of her daughters birthday and where they would be purchasing all items necessary, for the very work relevant birthday party. Then was told to 'ignore it'!

When going through a 1 year review with my manager, I attempted to negotiate my raise a little, and was responded with "Don't you think you make enough?".

On a daily basis I watched my team members belittle and bully a co-worker. Literally my first week into the position and on the team, an employee in the company, not even part of the team, sitting an entire aisle away, had had enough of hearing the bullying and complained
  more... to HR. It didn't ever stop.

Had hands put up in my face when someone didn't like my opinion. Had my voice mocked by my manager while dealing with work related matters.

The hardest part of the job was working with the people there. You can find nice people there, sure, but the majority of employees there are dried up, bitter, and outdated with the next wave of how things work.

This place is a pit.

Also, this industry is a dying one. Steel manufacturing for brick-and-mortar retailers..... good luck!
Pros
Lunches have vendors come each day that you can eat at
Cons
Management, Pay, Work Culture, Employee Attitudes, Nepotism, No room for growth, terrible HR
Solid Company
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 18, 2019
Lozier Corporation is a solid company. I enjoyed working there and would recommend to others. They have tenured employees and it truly is a family oriented company.
Working in Quality was a great job
Temporary Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALMarch 14, 2019
Raining was good . Most management were understanding of the job. Top management were supportive. Pay is very good for the area..
Work environment in lozier in most areas is very supportive of the employees and stress quality in all areas
Just Ok
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 2, 2019
People are great. Managers don't have a clue what is going on. If you need a short term job there are always openings because everyone is treated like trash.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 27, 2019
I liked working at Lozier. Good pay and good benefits, no lay-offs, and opportunity for advancement. Overtime begins after 8 hours, rather than after 40.
Pros
Job security, good work environment
Cons
Too strict with attendance points i.e. clock in or out a few seconds early or late, half point assessed. Points accumulate faster than they drop. Also very political, leading to management And employee "Black ops" against one another
Good atmosphere productive
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 19, 2019
Good place to work fast paced great people they have a union paid lunch. On-site medical clinic. Human resources is in the same building. Two breakrooms
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Not good with competitive pay
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 8, 2019
Difficult job at times but worth the money once you learn the job. Great employees who will help you get the hang of the job and get you through the beginning
all good
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 4, 2019
great place to work , and a lot of hours. kinda wish I was still working there, but overall great place to work ,the health insurance is great they have a clinic on site.
Pros
free water
Cons
very fast paced
Can be good to the right person.
Maintenance and Tool & Die Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 7, 2019
The culture is such that typically people that come up through the company are more successful than outsiders. Very fast paced and you will not be bored as there is a lot to learn. The fast pace tends to make for a non-collaborative environment, but if you can manage through that you will likely be successful. Compensation is fair compared to the market.
Pros
Fair compensation
Cons
Fast paced environment can cause a lack of collaboration
Poor management
parts hanger on paint line (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, INOctober 31, 2018
Pay was to low for the speed an amount of work this was a temp to hire in 90 days but when you hire in it was only for 30 cents more they couldn't keep people due to fast pace to low low of pay
Pros
They were only nice when the heat index was 90 or more
Cons
could not keep help long enough
Good place to work, was only temporary so I had to many points
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALOctober 25, 2018
Worked 2nd shift , was a lot of work but they kept busy and the job was easy to do. I was in the middle of a court case I cant discuss so I missed a lot of time. Unfortunately, my case wasn't settled till after I was let go or I would still be there. I did enjoy my job.
Pros
Free training on a forklift.
Cons
Short lunch but plenty of time to get back to work
Working at Lozier
Fork Lift Driver for Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALOctober 14, 2018
I worked here for 12 years and it was good. I did a lot of different duties at Lozier and moved up in the company. I would have stayed there if the pay was better
Productive and a good place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 9, 2018
Lozier is a great place to start and finish your career. There are many opportunities for advancement, in a variety of department (Maintenance, Tool & Die, Production, Engineering, Drafting and many more.
Production
Engineering Clerk (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 9, 2018
I was hired to do production and then moved up to a clerical position in the office after finishing some clerical classes. I enjoyed all my time there.
is a good place to work
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 10, 2018
the job was real easy the only difficult part was standing all day i mostly learned about assembling metal parts......................................