LPI Employee Reviews

Enjoyable job and people
Design Artist (Company moved to Wisconsin) (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTJune 17, 2018
A very enjoyable job creating ads and also having the opportunity to learn new software. The group of designers and manager I worked with were outstanding individuals. However, the company closed the main office, only keeping the printing press room. Everything was moved to Milwaukee where they company headquarters is located.
July 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, for your dedication and for helping make LPi a VIBRANT place to work! Our employees are our greatest asset. After all, without them we couldn’t help our customers change the world!

Not straight forward
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 20, 2018
Read the reviews, been trying to fill position for months, once started not compensated especially for the travel and poor hotel choices to use. When selling to churches nothing happens fast and cant be cut throat, but the support not there.
Pros
Own boss in a sense
Cons
No support to suceed
May 23, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. As you are aware, the life of a Sales Executive is not always easy. We’ve heard our employee’s voices and have evaluated policies, compensation structure, resources, training, reimbursements, and more. We are focused on creating an environment that helps our employees succeed. We are committed to listening to our employees, current and former, in order to make LPi a great place to work.

High Turnover from the top down
Ad Sales Exec (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 24, 2018
Red flags are: Top 2 RVP's of sales have left in the last year or so. Several long tenured ad sales managers have either left or transferred out of their positions. With current ad managers looking to leave. Presidents club winning Ad reps have left in the last year. The new RVP of sales is from the newspaper industry and he has hired 2 other managers from the newspaper industry. So far sales are down compared to last year. Consensus among the ad reps that were together a few weeks ago is the new RVP is trending towards more of a "micromanaged" environment just like the newspaper/yellow pages have traditionally been run. To try to combat the turnover the company has instituted a "book of business" territories. Which the reps in most areas were pretty much doing anyways. Also they have hired some trainers to work with the reps in the field. Which the managers were already doing. There is a vibrant voices survey but it links right from your work email so I'm not sure how anonymous it is. There are a lot of hard working reps that generate a lot of revenue for the company. We understand we need to "embrace change" but also remember "if it ain't broke don't fix it! There are several years of increased sales to prove that. Also, if you'd truly like the reps to have total ownership of their accounts and book of business how about you let us renew the current advertisers on our own Churches? The competitor that does this has a very low turnover rate of ad reps. It is nice the company is trying to move into digital advertising as well but the compensation package  more... is far below industry standard. That's why there hasn't been much buy in from the reps. Now the Hotel per diem is being eliminated and replaced with just a reimbursement. So the reps that have been here a while and earn a much lower draw than the new hires (yes we talk) can no longer put a little extra money in their pocket on their expenses.  less
Pros
Church Staff
April 30, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Advertising Sales Executives make up over 30% of LPi’s workforce and are key players in making the company successful. Over the years, we’ve taken a serious look at the position to ensure maximum potential and fulfillment. We’ve evaluated policies, compensation structure, resources, training, management, and more. Engagement surveys and Town Hall meetings have provided Senior Leaders with critical feedback on how to make improvements and we strongly encourage any and all feedback on ways to improve LPi. New leadership brings change and it’s the VP of Ad Sales and Support’s top priority to give his team the best tools, structure, and resources to get the job done. We value your service and dedication to LPi and look forward to continuing the conversation to make LPi the best it can be.

Typist (downsizing) (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTAugust 17, 2017
Liturgical Publications is the excellent place to work. The duties were to type Church bulletins every week, once type, then printed for the following Sunday Service.
October 9, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review! Thank you for your dedication to the organization and helping to make it a VIBRANT place to work! It’s great to hear that we are an “excellent” place to work. We believe that our employees embrace our Core Values: Passionate, Positive Team Spirit, Servant Leadership, Embrace Change and Have Fun; making us a great place to work. Thank you for your reinforcement of these values and for using your VIBRANT voice!

Folder Operator (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIAugust 2, 2017
Management could be a little stronger and closer with the employees, but it isn't that bad. They do take the time and fix problems as efficiently as possible and do the best they can for the most part.
October 9, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We appreciate your feedback and the positive rating for our organization and our managers. Thank you for your tenure and your dedication to LPi. It’s employees like you that help to make our environment more VIBRANT!

Sales (Current Employee) –  WIMay 30, 2017
You have to work harder for results. Finding clients and sales options you are on your own. Training is really good. Flexible schedule. Low stress, except for meeting goals
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Finding clients
June 15, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. Through our first employee engagement Survey – Vibrant Voices- we’ve been working on improving the employee experience. Based on the responses we received (95 %!) we have been looking at ways to improve in order to be a best in class employer. We are excited to hear that one of our initiatives, improving our training program, has been well received! We understand that cold calling and sourcing leads is not an easy task. Keep your eyes and ears peeled for more enhancements – thanks to continued feedback, such as yours!

Good place to work has downsides though
Advertising Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 20, 2017
Not a bad place to work at all for just starting. The pay at the beginning is very good. After that runs out though it's tough. Have to sell a lot and it's not that easy to do. The goals they have are really far fetched. Paper advertisement is a dieing breed as well, so it makes it all the more hard to sell.
Pros
Good pay, Good hours, and Friendly people
Cons
Hotel per diem not enough
April 24, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Listening to all our employees is something we always strive to do better. We are actively working, from the top down, to address the areas our employees told us we needed to improve upon from our first employee engagement survey- VIBRANT VOICES. We hope that you’ve seen some positive changes thus far, including our revised comp plan for our Ad Sales Executives. We understand the job is not always the easiest but with dedicated employees, we can help our customers change THEIR world. We are committed to listening to our employees in order to make LPi a great place to work!

Bad Management
Office Area (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJanuary 16, 2017
Bad management. It is amazing the people that are promoted to management. These are people with no management skills or people skills at all. And they are running departments! Worst job. I am regretful that I wasted my time.
Pros
Hours and Location
Cons
Benefits, Management and everything else
January 31, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that your experience with us did not match our intention of being a great place to work. We take the feedback of all employees and former employees seriously.

Through our recent engagement survey we have been blessed with knowing that we are heading in the right direction and have been able to identify the areas that need improvement. The survey included an area about exceptional management. Managers were finally able to get honest feedback about how their teams felt about them, for better or worse. As a company, from the top down, we are currently working on goals to improve areas where we are lacking. If you participated in our survey, we want to thank you for your open and honest feedback and let you know that while you are no longer a part of LPi, we appreciate the time you did spend with us.

Was a great place to work.
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIDecember 12, 2016
The people and management were great then the new CEO or COO or whatever took over and stabbed us all in the back. The company was very profitable but the new guy had to prove himself at the cost of many, many employees. Working your butt off doesn't matter and the pay is way below average, like quad you need to work there a decade before the pay is average.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
New COO/CEO
Hrad place to work, Sales manager in a huge micro-manager
Advertising Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 28, 2016
If you like to sitting in a church and making 100 cold calls to small businesses per day and never see who you are selling to. Then this is for you. All staff outside MN, gets the small churches and no new new churches. You are setup to fail from day one. Their is NO teamwork between sales staff. You also only get .31 per mile driving your own vehicle, so you loose money. You travel up to 9 weeks in a row, not what they say of 50% travel. They pay you hotels, but you have to stay in dives, because of the money you have to spend. After I resigned, six more reps did, because of the Sales Manager. From 16 to 6 reps. So SAD!
Pros
Catholic Churches and staff
Investing in technology
Continuous Improvement Coach (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Heights, OHOctober 30, 2016
Company is investing in technology for longevity. This sometimes comes at the expense of jobs in the form of permanent layoffs. Pluses generally outweigh minuses.
High turnover-low compensation
Regional Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 24, 2016
Salary is not high enough, many reps travel too much and expenses reimbursed do not cover all expenses. Management favorites get premium assignments. Slow or no growth opportunity for many. Very high turnover.
Pros
Many reps are very good people
Cons
Lower income for new reps limited growth potential
great place to work
Lead press operator/ Inkjet specialist (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 21, 2016
Management is always so helpful and willing to help me with whatever I need. I have learned so much since I started and they always offer and promote room for growth.
Poorly managed company with little job security
lead operator, workflow coordinator, maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Heights, OHAugust 1, 2016
Lpi as a company has laid off and shut down entire departments and facilities throughout its corporation.I had to seek new employment twice in order for lpi to pay me a liveable wage. Management was more focused on sitting in their offices and letting a select few employees run the press-room. The sales,bindery, press-room and other office areas were a high turnover rate. Some employees were exempt from discipline while other were watched like a hawk. The managements slogan was " it's always someone else's fault".
Pros
Free coffee, occasional free lunches
Cons
Virtually no lunch breaks, long shifts, tons of hours around holidays
Fun Job, poor management and hard to make any real money
Print Advertising Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 27, 2016
I LOVE working this job and if i could afford to work it for fun I would. The problem is that after the first couple of months it drops down to commission only arnd unless you are selling brand new accounts where you are going to sell in the thousands of dollars for the week or you are lucky enough to get huge churches...it is a real struggle to even make the basic requirement. On top of that you only get paid on the money you collect and it is billed by the year so many small businesses can't afford it. The travel is extensive and the reimbursement is good...but if you don't make the required amount per week you will be let go no matter how hard you work or how much the churches love you.
Pros
Get to meet a lot of great people, good benefits, expense reimbursement
Cons
Poor management...from mico-managing to no managing at all.
Lousy backstabbers
press room (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJune 21, 2016
Management used and abused everyone who KNEW how to do their job and worked hard.....the ones who did less seemed to be favored....no two people ever had the same information on deadlines and how a job should be done....the 2nd shift press guys were awesome, rest spent more time talking than anything....lousy place to work, bad raises, and no praises
Pros
close to home
Cons
everything else
Hard work. With little help
press operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 7, 2016
We the pressroom staff, all 20 of us
were just told this week that half of us would be layed off in less than two months, because Lpi had just purchased a new HP inkjet printing press, we had to interview for the four openings on the new press, Two days into the new year of 2016, HAPPY NEW YEAR
Pros
Time off when needed
Cons
Time off when not needed anymore
Average Work
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTNovember 17, 2015
Decent work decent pay . Management for most of the time were on point with daily task. Typical day at work generally a good atmosphere..
Wonderful job but very low pay
Regional Advertising Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 30, 2015
I left the company because I was making such little money. While it was rewarding to sell advertising into church bulletins on a regional level, the base and commission potential was very low. Even some of the top producers in the company shared that the pay is not fair for the hard work that we do.
people where nice
Lead Pressman (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIAugust 28, 2015
overall a
good company to work for. The hours were long but worth hving the weekends off if it wasn't a holiday. I did work here for almost 7 years. This was a printing company so worked on a printing press 4c/2 The hardest part was meeting dead lines. I enjoyed the people.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
fast pace enviroment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LPI. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight