LPL Financial Employee Reviews

Great Culture
Senior Retirement Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2018
Supports diversity, leadership team does a good job being as transparent as possible, the hardest part about my job is the commute and the best part is working with awesome people.
Good Work Environment
Associate Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 18, 2018
There was a good rapport among the employees in each department. The new building was a great asset. My only opinion on improvement would be better communication between the departments.
Come for the great benefits and stay for the people
Learning and Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 16, 2018
Over the course of five years LPL provided me with opportunities I didn't think possible. With any job there are struggles, but at least at LPL I felt there were enough good days to outweigh the bad ones.
Productive Envionment
Project Manager (Business/IT) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 12, 2018
Very Productive environment. Coming in I introduced a new methodology that was effective and added value to the Custom Clearing Service Line of Business.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Nothing Negative
good place to work
Financial Advisor Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA 24504September 4, 2018
I have learned a lot working at LPL Financial. My boss was amazing. My office was very structured and fun at the same time. I would recommend working at LPL Financial to anyone.
Great broker dealer
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 24, 2018
LPL Financial is a very prominent Broker Dealer in the financial markets. THey provide independent advisors with the flexibility to serve their clients in the best possible manner.
From private to public company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAAugust 23, 2018
As an "independent" BD, it changed from transitioning from a privately held company to a public one. Annually there were fee changes / increases as well as additional requirements. Lack of communication as well as levels of support.
Pros
Semi Independent
Cons
There are "requirements" and ever increasing fees.
Not a bad place to work
Compensation Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 22, 2018
Good people, Management need a tidy up, Salaries are low for the influx of work. 24 Cycle closings a year can be stressful. Enjoyed the atmosphere, and building was nice.
Pros
Nice building, easy access to freeway, good food, good people.
Cons
Management, Salaries, two headquarters always clashing.
Service Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 22, 2018
LPL was great loved the people but it turned into too much of a call center environment. If you don't like call centers never apply for any job in the service center. Other departments are great!
Pros
Free lunches a lot of activities and great people
Cons
Phones
Great place to work...if you just got out of college
Specialized Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 21, 2018
A decent place to learn the basics of financial services. Advisors have little to no clue as to how to actually service their clients....you are expected to babysit them and walk them through all aspects of being a financial advisor...but you won't get licensed to be able to do so. Even when advisors mess up (as they often do), you are accountable for helping them correct their mistakes (and then shoulder the responsibility). Too much misinformation shared amongst departments which can lead to you sharing misinfo which can be deemed a fireable offense. Best bet is to learn as much as you can, while you can, and then go to firm that will actually pay you and encourage your professional growth.
Pros
All the soda, tea, and coffee you could ever want
Cons
available tools for advancement are never available to entry- to mid-level employees
Finance Intern
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 11, 2018
I was a finance intern and cannot express how much this opportunity has taught me to be the young professional that I am today. It is a great experience and asset to have!
I was very good at my job, but management changed constatly and didn't provide enough support.
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2018
I was the senior most Compliance Analyst in my group (Advisor Review), but was overlooked for a few promotions due to changes in management. Processes and procedures constantly changed along with management who catered to certain individuals.
[No growth
Onboarding Reporting Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 6, 2018
Unbalanced, discriminatory
Advancement only focused on few. I wasted my time working 60 plus hours a week and in the end did not get the results I hoped for. They will pretend you will be hired but after the workload ceases, watch for surprised termination and managers who acted like they cared while the project was overwhelming begin to give you attitude
LPL needs to fix their software
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 5, 2018
Left due to low salary. I had vacation time and health insurance but the salary was not enough to live on in California. I made $16 an hour after almost 16 years. LPL started using a completely new software program which didn't work as it should have and made it necessary to use both the old and the new systems to get anything done. The benefits were nice but not enough to live on in this state.
Pros
healthcare, vacation time
Good
Transaction Monitoring Analyst (Former Employee) –  Good Hope, FLAugust 3, 2018
Gotta fill it to move to the next step so don't hold it against me that I cannot write for what I say may not read back properly. All is well today and always will be.
Summary
Account Transfers Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2018
Great co-workers and great working environment. Great building and great locations to work at. On site gym and great facilities. Company is doing great and friendly management.
Pros
On site gym
Cons
Okay benefits
Overall good company to work for. Many technical aspects to become familiarized with
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJuly 23, 2018
This was a contract position, only temporary. The project I was hired to work on never materialized, and I was put on other projects instead. Ended up on phones doing technical support of a legacy website that needed many areas of the site improved and updated.
String insight into the Financial Planning Profession
Intern (Financial Planning Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJuly 22, 2018
I would suggest anyone who is interested in the financial planning to apply for a job at LPL financial. Interns quickly learn about the different types of accounts, handling trust funds, setting up 401k and the retirement plans.
It's ok
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 9, 2018
It could have been managed better from the top. The firm started to cut expenses by laying people off and reducing the money spent on advisors. I think it could be a great place if the right people called the shots.
Overall Good Company
Sr. Ops Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 9, 2018
LPL is a pretty good place to get your feet wet for brokerage careers.
Overall satisfied with work/life balance.
Decent pay and work schedules
Some Opportunity for advancement
Pros
free beverages and cereal, company parties and workday events, diversity and inclusion, good benefits, stock options, work/life balance, decent pay
Cons
take home compensation could be a notch higher, more vertical movement in job opportunities vs lateral

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LPL Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight