LPL Financial Employee Reviews

Very poor treatment of Financial Advisors
President Capital Wealth Management (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 13, 2018
Independence is the only reason to work with LPL Financial. I worked with them for 25 years with no customer complaints. Was able to manage client assets even with rudimentary technology.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Compliance is very hard to work with.
Don’t let money talk... RUN
Service Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 10, 2018
I took a role at LPL as a service center representative. At first I loved it. The training was great. Benefits were meh (we did not have enough info on them, be careful bc HSA has a high deductible)... and the position itself wasn’t bad. Then I met my manager. It’s bad enough that you’re on phones 99% of the day, but you also have to answer for your whereabouts (like going to the bathroom or faxing someone a document). You’re expected to log all your calls in detail and be back on the phone once your call ended in 1 1/2-2 minutes. Also if there’s a complicated issue, you’re to write it up and then find time or apply for time to work on it. If you’re off the phone longer than that you will receive instant messages about why you’re in wrap so long. Seriously, management is on your back. They also assign roles to non. Managment team members that put them in charge of their peers without telling anyone else. POOR COMMUNICATION SKILLS. And most of the phone calls were angry financial advisors who yell at you and call you names. If you have amazing stats, management doesn’t care, they will only tell you what you do wrong. They never offer praise. And play favoritism. AND if you’re hired through a staffing agency they will likely negotiate upwards of 45k for you, if you’re not, you will be met with resistance negotiating and likely only get 38-39.
The yearly raises and bonuses are a joke. And there’s an on-site game room to relieve stress but you never get time to use it. RUN.
Pros
Benefits, on site cafeteria, gym, game room, Pto
Cons
Exhausting hours on the phone, favoritism, micro managing, getting yelled at/called names, traffic
Current employee
Service Rep (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 4, 2018
LPL Financial is a great company to work for with a lot of departments to choose from. For me I work in the Service department and let me just tell you it can be very stressful at times. Dealing with financial advisors is not an easy task especially the rude ones. You have to maintain your composure if a financial advisors is being aggressive. One thing that I always question is when they do lash out on you, and you do respond, when the company will protect you instead of siding with the advisors. Other than that, I do not have much complaints about this job. The pay could be a lot better for the amount of work that you put in on a daily basis. Being in California, the cost of living is very high so I believe that the pay could be al to higher.
Pros
Managers, Work-Life Balance, benefits, Career growth potential
Cons
Difficult financial advisors
Overall, a good place to work...
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 31, 2018
Management may drive you crazy at times, as will the decisions that seem to come from nowhere on what technologies to use... But LPL has great future and you are lucky to get a job there.
Pros
good benefits, good pay, and good co-workers
Cons
Managers tend to be so busy, they can't mentor you to help you grow
work here for 2-3 years - leave and come back - repeat!
Risk and Compliance Senior Branch Examiner (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 26, 2018
Loyalty and knowledge is not rewarded - you have to leave and come back in order to stay up with cost of living or market rates for compensation. Everything else is awesome!
Cons
Longevity employment
All Positive
Client Compensation Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 24, 2018
I overall feel very positive about the company, it is a very nice to work and learn. The company provides proper training to see that you succeed as a employee and it seems to care about the people and the consumer.
Pros
Enjoyable place to work
Cons
N/a
Busy
Senior Business Consultant - IAS Division (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 18, 2018
Busy days every day can be good and overwhelming at the same time. Great people to work with! Great campus, brand new and modern technology! Good benefits.
Finance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Verona, NJOctober 17, 2018
The firm is great to work for if you already have an established book that you grew at another firm,They do follow compliance but they work with you in a reasonable way. They just don't go out of their way to make things difficult to do business like some other firms
Pros
It is your own business
Cons
no beneifits
Laid back atmosphere
Onboarding & Reporting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCOctober 16, 2018
LPL is a very nice place to work. Everyone here that I've come in contact with are very nice and helpful. They welcome all races and different personal lifestyles. The only issue is they do not pay as well as some other financial institutions.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Salaries are up to par.
Pretty good place to work at with a relaxed / casual atmosphere
Lead Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 16, 2018
My position is relatively flexible and I am able to come in and work the hours I want. I really enjoy that.

Management has been great to me.

I've had significant growth within this company.
REview
Associate Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 11, 2018
LPL is a great company to work for. They offer a great work/life balance as their campus has a gym, game room, and walking course. I would say their biggest need for improvement is to focus on making sure their employees know what their deliverable are.
Pro's and Con
Operations Specialist / New Accounts Department (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 8, 2018
Pro's - Fun working environment. Good location to home. Learned new aspect of the financial sector. Cafateria and gym. Worked with great people.
Con - my job was outsourced
location with gym accomodation, basketball court , little golf practicing spot
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  4707 Executive Drive San Diego CA 92121-3091October 3, 2018
Work place is excellent, managers are accommodating, learned a lot . Hardest part of the job is short period of training for additional task. Most enjoyable part of the job people are friendly and helpful.
Pros
free movie pass, free potluck lunch
Cons
short breaks, short trainings to learn everything
Favoritism
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 30, 2018
Get in with the good ole boys and you will advance. There's currently complaints to validate the favoritism. It also doesn't appear HR handles complaints as they should.
Great Culture
Senior Retirement Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2018
Supports diversity, leadership team does a good job being as transparent as possible, the hardest part about my job is the commute and the best part is working with awesome people.
Good Work Environment
Associate Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 18, 2018
There was a good rapport among the employees in each department. The new building was a great asset. My only opinion on improvement would be better communication between the departments.
Come for the great benefits and stay for the people
Learning and Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 16, 2018
Over the course of five years LPL provided me with opportunities I didn't think possible. With any job there are struggles, but at least at LPL I felt there were enough good days to outweigh the bad ones.
Productive Envionment
Project Manager (Business/IT) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 12, 2018
Very Productive environment. Coming in I introduced a new methodology that was effective and added value to the Custom Clearing Service Line of Business.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Nothing Negative
good place to work
Financial Advisor Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA 24504September 4, 2018
I have learned a lot working at LPL Financial. My boss was amazing. My office was very structured and fun at the same time. I would recommend working at LPL Financial to anyone.
Great broker dealer
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 24, 2018
LPL Financial is a very prominent Broker Dealer in the financial markets. THey provide independent advisors with the flexibility to serve their clients in the best possible manner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LPL Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight