LPL Financial Employee Reviews

LPL Financial
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCDecember 14, 2018
Career experience, as is the case in most large companies, is highly dependent on who you report to. For the most part, the company culture is laid back, found most departments to be fairly flexible with their employees as far as work / life balance matters are concerned. Historically supportive of employees seeking to attain additional licenses and certifications.
Pros
Benefits (health, life, Ad&d, maternity 401(k) matching), remote work opportunities, relatively attractive campus amenities.
Cons
HR Dept. is a black box, internal mobility guidelines, significant resources and time spent on non-core / business related matters (fluff)
Not Enjoyable
Sr. Project Manager (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 11, 2018
My time at LPL was not very enjoyable. I really wish I could say something good about this company but the reality is, it was not a good fit for me. The culture at LPL was all about covering your own skin. Leadership is the first thing I look at in a company and after spending 1 year (my committment) there, I was ready to leave and could not leave fast enough. I met some really great people at LPL and I never had any type of grudge or altercation with management but I could see they were not about establishing a comfortable and sustainable culture.
Pros
My Peers
Cons
Senior Management
It depends on your clique
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 9, 2018
Management is great if you are part of the 'in' crowd. Otherwise, you will be continually passed over for promotions. Many very unhappy people at this corporation but most 'tough' it out because if you are securities licensed, your options are limited in San Diego. It is a known fact that you have to leave and come back in order to make a real wage at this firm. Many people do it, so those of us who remain loyal are woefully underpaid.
Pros
Gym, centrally located
Cons
Management, pay
Work environment is relaxing
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 26, 2018
The atmosphere and environment was pretty relaxed, a beautiful landscape. Its a call center environment so it's pretty fast paced. Don't expect your work ethic to get you anywhere because they aren't really into your work ethic that way, its' more predicated on who you know and that seems to be the only way to advance from within the company.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
short lunches
A Terrific Place to Work!
Art Director (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2019
If they relocated their marketing department back to Charlotte I would be at the door pounding ! This company bought UVEST Financial Services where I was employed. From the minute we became LPL Financial, positive improvements began to happen almost immediately. The company, although large in scale, exudes a very warm and friendly teamwork ethic. Upper management is genuinely in tune to the needs of all employees. Hard work is encouraged and rewarded. From a client facing perspective, the company strives for excellence in customer support. Overall, this company was one of the best companies I ever worked for and I would go back to work for them in a heartbeat !
Pros
Upper Management that genuinely cares about its employees and pushes them to be their best.
Cons
The new SC campus is a hike if you live in Charlotte, but traffic on the other hand is easy.
Cool PLace
Business System Analyst (web Development) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 10, 2019
Great company to work for. Just beware of the "unlimited" vacation day policy as it will be used against you in all cases. offers a fun work atmosphere for the post-college crowd with free meals, snacks, and happy hours but inexperienced leaders create endless difficulties for those who don't play by their rules.
Current employee
Service Rep (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 4, 2018
LPL Financial is a great company to work for with a lot of departments to choose from. For me I work in the Service department and let me just tell you it can be very stressful at times. Dealing with financial advisors is not an easy task especially the rude ones. You have to maintain your composure if a financial advisors is being aggressive. One thing that I always question is when they do lash out on you, and you do respond, when the company will protect you instead of siding with the advisors. Other than that, I do not have much complaints about this job. The pay could be a lot better for the amount of work that you put in on a daily basis. Being in California, the cost of living is very high so I believe that the pay could be al to higher.
Pros
Managers, Work-Life Balance, benefits, Career growth potential
Cons
Difficult financial advisors
location with gym accomodation, basketball court , little golf practicing spot
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  4707 Executive Drive San Diego CA 92121-3091October 3, 2018
Work place is excellent, managers are accommodating, learned a lot . Hardest part of the job is short period of training for additional task. Most enjoyable part of the job people are friendly and helpful.
Pros
free movie pass, free potluck lunch
Cons
short breaks, short trainings to learn everything
Overall, a good place to work...
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 31, 2018
Management may drive you crazy at times, as will the decisions that seem to come from nowhere on what technologies to use... But LPL has great future and you are lucky to get a job there.
Pros
good benefits, good pay, and good co-workers
Cons
Managers tend to be so busy, they can't mentor you to help you grow
Finance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Verona, NJOctober 17, 2018
The firm is great to work for if you already have an established book that you grew at another firm,They do follow compliance but they work with you in a reasonable way. They just don't go out of their way to make things difficult to do business like some other firms
Pros
It is your own business
Cons
no beneifits
Very poor treatment of Financial Advisors
President Capital Wealth Management (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 13, 2018
Independence is the only reason to work with LPL Financial. I worked with them for 25 years with no customer complaints. Was able to manage client assets even with rudimentary technology.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Compliance is very hard to work with.
Laid back atmosphere
Onboarding & Reporting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCOctober 16, 2018
LPL is a very nice place to work. Everyone here that I've come in contact with are very nice and helpful. They welcome all races and different personal lifestyles. The only issue is they do not pay as well as some other financial institutions.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Salaries are up to par.
Senior AML Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 21, 2019
LPL is a great place to work. They offer many benefits such as employee recognition, bonuses, free gym, cafeteria, paid company outings, etc. The work load is heavy, but manageable.
Pros
Gym, Cafe, work from home at times, good benefits
Cons
Racial tension
Productive workplace with endless opportunities.
Registered Client Survey Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dahlonega, GADecember 6, 2018
LPL provides numerous opportunities for advancement that I could not receive elsewhere. It has provided countless tools and experience that I can carry over into my chosen work field.
Service Center Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 22, 2019
For someone starting out in financial industry it’s a great place to starting out in this industry. They t ache you the basics (6weeks training) followed by several weeks on the phone.
Pros
Training, benefits
Cons
Angry advisors
Cybersecurity area was a good environment to work in.
Technology Infrastructure Services, Contractor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 29, 2018
I was only at LPL for a year but it did leave a good impression on me. I would work there again. The new campus they built in Fort Mill, SC is great. Work/life balance was not an issue.
LPL needs to fix their software
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 5, 2018
Left due to low salary. I had vacation time and health insurance but the salary was not enough to live on in California. I made $16 an hour after almost 16 years. LPL started using a completely new software program which didn't work as it should have and made it necessary to use both the old and the new systems to get anything done. The benefits were nice but not enough to live on in this state.
Pros
healthcare, vacation time
Great place to work. Great company
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2019
Great place to work. Great company. Would have stayed with the company if I didnt Relocate to Charleston Sc. Wasn’t too pleased with my direct managers but the upper management was very professional
work here for 2-3 years - leave and come back - repeat!
Risk and Compliance Senior Branch Examiner (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 26, 2018
Loyalty and knowledge is not rewarded - you have to leave and come back in order to stay up with cost of living or market rates for compensation. Everything else is awesome!
Cons
Longevity employment
[No growth
Onboarding Reporting Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 6, 2018
Unbalanced, discriminatory
Advancement only focused on few. I wasted my time working 60 plus hours a week and in the end did not get the results I hoped for. They will pretend you will be hired but after the workload ceases, watch for surprised termination and managers who acted like they cared while the project was overwhelming begin to give you attitude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LPL Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at LPL Financial.

Powered by Comparably