LRS Healthcare

United States101 reviews

LRS Healthcare insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility

Good travel RN company

The recruiters will work with you to get you want you want. If location is your priority they focus on that. If blocked scheduling is what you need they tell the hospital liason that upfront so you only interview with hospitals that can work with your requests-i.e. needing every other weekend off or time off for a vacation already booked, etc. If you want experience in a Level I trauma center they will get it for you.

Pros

Recruiters are organized-on boarding is a breeze

Cons

No per diem for assignments less than 100 miles from home

Good Company to work with

Recruiters are always there to help and respond quickly. Compensation is good. Support staff is helpful. Easy time card submitting. My Recruiter is very interested in my wellbeing when I'm out on a contract and checks on me to make sure I'm doing ok.

Pros

Good Pay, flexible work schedule

Ready to assist in a full time work culture

Understanding of a unique life situation. Great benefits and housing reimbursement. Loved working with them. They’re genuinely concerned about their nurses. The hardest part of the job… being thrown into a difficult charge role through organizations which except little to no orientation due to COVID-19 and their high expectations due to years of experience by this nurse.

Pros

Great people to work with

Terrible recruiters- they lie and don’t blink

This company’s recruiters are not supportive once they have you signed. They are disingenuous at every turn.If you are going far from home go with another company- there are allot of recruiters out there who are upfront and honest.

October 25, 2021
Oh no, I'm terribly sorry to hear this! We take great pride in ensuring our travelers are taken care of day and night. We'd love to connect with you directly so we can hear more about your experience and see about addressing this internally. Feel free to reach out to us at feedback@lrshealthcare.com. Kindly, Sarah

This company wants you to be happy!

Everyone I spoke with from my initial inquiry, to my agent, to the managers were amazing and made me feel like they wanted me to work with them. Most places make you feel like you are the one begging for a job, but with LRS, I feel so valued. They worked to find me the right job and housing. They check in often and want to make sure all of your questions are answered. It's very easy to get in touch and my calls, texts and emails are always returned promptly.

Pros

The potential employers call you, Stipends and travel pay are generous, I feel like a valued member of the team

Cons

Onboarding takes a long time, plan on 4 weeks

October 25, 2021
We're delighted to hear these kind words, THANK YOU! I certainly hope you're still enjoying your assignment and we can't wait to continue working together. Cheers, Sarah

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Awesome agency

My Recruiter was awesome also the supporting staff! Responded to me at anytime I needed them. My child was sick during time of my contract, causing me to have her and myself to require covid testing and quarantine. I was out of work for almost a week, never did this agency give me any issue. They also paid me a percentage of my pay, while on quarantine. My manager and recruiter also checked on me and my daughter during the time I was out. This company is full of amazing people good reliable management. if there was more opportunities for me in a closer location I would've done another contract with them without a question.

Pros

Good pay good management

Cons

short staff at faculties but not agencies fault

October 25, 2021
Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with us! We would absolutely love to work with you again in the future, so don't be a stranger :). Kindly, Sarah

It’s ok but it could be so much better.

It’s an ok place to work however there seems to be an emphasis placed on college degrees over experience. A ton of turnover and spotty training. Management has their favorites and everyone else continuously gets passed over. Less proactive and more reactive to any issues that come up. They seem to want to engage/motivate employees through a series of random events/company branded swag rather than just compensating employees in line with their expertise and experience. Sales staff are treated like royalty and support staff are rarely recognized but the first to be blamed for any issues. It’s like they are trying really hard to be the best at something and no one in the company really knows what that is. But hey, we’re the best!

Pros

Technology, Remote work

Cons

Lack of advancement opportunities, low compensation, high stress, low recognition

June 28, 2021
Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We're sorry to hear that you felt this way and that you had this type of experience. If you'd like to connect and discuss further, we're happy to do so! Please send a note to feedback@lrshealthcare.com

Great options for locations

I love all the options they give me. My recruiter is awesome! Always available to answer any questions. Great pay and travel opportunity. Housing dept was amazing and gave me alot of good options

Great company to work with!

I am a travel RT and have been with LRS for 6 months. My recruiter is always there for me whenever I have a question and responds in a timely manner. They also seem to be competitive with the current travel rates out there. I don’t plan on switching companies anytime soon.

Pros

Pay, flexibility

Cons

Finding new housing, on boarding, paperwork

They are very good at getting things done

Great pay and good people, they did everything very efficient. I have had a very good experience working for this company and would reccommend them highly.

Greatest CoWorkers Ever But the managers will not help you grow

Great co-workers but the training is pretty lack luster and managers do not do more to help you learn and grow. Pretty cut throat and you must keep good notes and records to cover your bum. Managers will throw you under the table.

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

Leadership

March 23, 2021
I'm sorry to hear that your experience with leadership was anything less than exceptional. If you have more insight and would like to share it with us, feel free to reach out to us at information@lrshealthcare.com. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us learn and grow! Kindly, Sarah

Great company to work for.

The company is one of the best to work for. Always answers any questions you have. Flexibility in your schedule, management willing to help when needed.

Pros

Flexibility

Amazing peipke

I love the company and my recruiter cody is awesome. They are always willing to help with any problems or questions i have, all hours day and night.

March 1, 2021
We think Cody's pretty great, too! Thanks for the love. Cheers, Sarah

Love it here!

This company has changed me in the best ways possible. I have learned so much in my short time of being with the company. The management brings great energy to each division and makes the work days go by even faster. I love my job so much!

Pros

Management, coworkers, commission structure

Cons

Takes a while to get commission

This is a medical travel company

LRS is a pretty good deal for the travel medical laboratory scientist. They seem to care for their travelers. They don’t offer pto but that is pretty common with travel companies. I took 3 months off in between assignments and they were fine with it.

Flexible Work Culture

I LOVE LRS. I have worked there for a few months now and feel as though I made the best decision taking this position. My manager is extremely supportive and she does not micromanage at all. She allows me to build my desk independently, but steps in if she sees I'm struggling or need guidance. The room for development and growth is exponential! If you do your job and indicate you'd like to progress to an account manager, they will help you do so (as long as you're succeeding as a recruiter). The only downside is the commission structure. You have to hit a really high margin before you start seeing any commission paid out.

Pros

Flexiblity, Independence, Coaching

Cons

Commission structure isn't the best

Bad management, poor culture

Extremely unprofessional work place. Awful toxic work environment, people do not respect each other. You will only succeed if you are male and aggressive/rude. It is so unorganized and extremely unsupportive. Compensation- the commission structure is so unorganized and unfair.

Great work environment

Highly recommend working at LRS. Management provides you with the support your need to move up the ranks if that is what you desire to do. You will not find a better group of people to work with!

Overall good experience

I was disappointed to be blown off for future jobs and the recruiter only built a relationship with me when I was a benefit. Once the job was over I never heard from him again. I had a stellar review and even a job extension offer. And I still keep in touch with my last assignment... So I know I did well. Not sure what happened with LRS. I thought for sure I would keep hearing from them

Pros

Good money. Drama free

Cons

No follow up. Cold. No relationship building.

Works well when you are the aggressive employee.

LRS kept moving me from one hotel to another while I was trying to work and this was due to the poor condition of the location. It worked out well when I suggested the hotel.

Micro managers, territorial environment, hostile workplace

Very poor culture.. Horrible training sink or swim. Very territorial place, no team spirit, if you are struggling they seem to distance as they want instant results but poor training. The administration side is poorly organized. The mistakes are passed over for the recruiters to clean up and make excuses for.

Pros

if you produce you can make money

Cons

Poor culture

Common questions about LRS Healthcare

Answered by current and former employees at LRS Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LRS Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3
4.3

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
1.9Career Opportunities
4.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight