LRS Healthcare Employee Reviews

Unethical
Registered Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 2, 2018
Caught x-ray techs performing a complete thoracentesis in which a radiologist should have performed. As a result, the patient's lung collapsed due to developing a pneumothorax. It was covered up by the Radiology Director and after this happened I was treated very poorly.
I love my job!
Vascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Concord Hospital, Concord, NHMarch 5, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy working with my recruiter at LRS. This position is a dream come true. It’s been a pleasure working during this contract; I enjoy this team.
Don’t do it!
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 17, 2018
A lot of discrepancies in my pay every week. The insurance premiums are next level expensive. There was a lot of shady ness with my recruiter and how money would show up when he wanted it to. They worked really hard at finding you jobs, but I felt I was alone on my assignment with them after things started happening with my contract. Halfway through one contact the unit moved me to another unit per the needs of the facility. They tried to lower my pay by $250/week when I was already mid-contract and depended on my pay. No guaranteed hours. Overall not a good experience.
Pros
Sent chocolate for Christmas
Cons
Healthcare, recruiter, they try to pressure you to take assignments you don’t eant
Lrs
Registered Nurse, Travel (Former Employee) –  WA, ND, SD, MOJanuary 22, 2018
Great contract opportunities presented to me, benefits no so good. Pay seemed to be appropriately proportional to the cost of living/environment. Recruiter not the most supportive.
Pros
lots of contract opportunities, decent pay
Cons
recruiter less responsive over time
Poor Management
MLT Traveler (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJanuary 18, 2018
Management is only worried about their bottom line and will pay as little as possible and cut your wages from what you are promised. They believe that travelers are hard up for work and will take what they are given and not complain.
Pros
Travel contracts
Cons
Low wages
Thriving company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 17, 2018
Love working for a growing company with great coworkers. There is never a day that is the same so you'll never get bored working here. Everyone is helpful and wants you to succeed.
Competitive agency. Multiple contracts available, flexibility.
RN CCRN (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 14, 2017
Depending on the contract facility, a typical day at work could be satisfying or unbearable. Some of the more prominent institutions offer a wealth of knowledge and experience. There are management issues almost every where but some issues are more pressing at some facilities than others. Workplace culture closely correlates to the problems of the facility. Again, the hardest part of the job depends upon the facility that one is contracted to. The most enjoyable part of the job is when your recruiter and you are on the same page regarding your expectations, the hospital's and finalizing the contract. In other words, it is imperative that you can trust your recruiter to present all the facts.
Pros
Availability of contracts/facilities, freedom to choose, decent pay.
Cons
Continuity of recruiters, no advancement opportunities, long hours, negative staff encountered at various smaller facilities.
Wonderful Company
Travel Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 8, 2017
I have enjoyed working for this company and have not one negative thing to say. I feel like more than an employee with them; I feel like family and they actually care about me and my well being.
The Best
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  Montana, WIOctober 27, 2017
I have an amazing recruiter who I do not consider just my boss but my friend. ++++++Adam Bruch is the bomb. Always the right assignments or he will find what or where I’m looking.
Pros
Great assignments
Great company to work for.
RN Travel Agency (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 14, 2017
Great company to work for and very competent recruiters who go above and beyond for their nurses. Highly recommend this agency. This company offers competitive pay and numerous work opportunities all over the country.
Very Personable
Locum Medical Dosimetrist (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 30, 2017
As with any temporary staffing agency work depends on need. However, every contact that I have had with LRS has been positive even though some of the assignments have been managed widely differently.
Pros
Wide national coverage
Cons
A few bumps in the road, not a seamless start, depends on Medical Center
Very fun to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  harrison,arJune 7, 2017
Recruiters help you get jobs and compensate for a lot of expenses. They pay very well and are able to help if you have any difficulties. You are able to go to many fun places
A comfortable office environment
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 13, 2017
LRS Healthcare is a nurse staffing agency. I would estimate the office employed around 50-75 people in different sections in cubicles. The office provided free beverages all day (soda, juice, energy drinks etc). Work would usually end early on Fridays so the owner and employees could have a drink and wind down. Coworkers were friendly and managers were approachable.
Pros
Free drinks
Emergency Room
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 17, 2017
I get along mostly anywhere. No day is typical, we work as a team, management is interactive, it is harder if there is lack of team dynamics. I enjoy the variety and love my peers.
Pros
My agent always worked with me
Cons
I found the facility, in most cases to work at.
Nice people and great locations
CST (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 11, 2016
Keep striving to gain experience. I traveled to different states and met many different people who gave me insight into what a great occupation a CST really has.
Pros
paid travel and per diems.
Cons
get everything in writing.
Not recommended
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 14, 2016
The pay is not as good as other travel companies. Please, definitely watch your pay. They seem to always shortchange on the paychecks.
Cons
Pay not that good, benefits not good. No 401k for a whole year. Health insurance not available right away.
Great company, recruiter honest, pay is great and deposited weekly
RN, BSN (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 24, 2016
LRS is a super travel agency. I was fortunate to have a great recruiter. Honesty is one of the most important traits and whether or not the everything I was told was good news, it was always the truth. I would not be looking at other companies except my personal recruiter is off for a while and I've been unable to find an assignment that fits at this time.
Pros
great compensation and deposited weekly, recruiter always available
Cons
sometimes takes a few weeks to find an assignment after finishing one
LRS afforded me the opportunity to travel
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 8, 2016
LRS afforded me the opportunity to travel to various different hospital ERs to learn new practices and procedures. I have gained such vast knowledge, but I am ready to come home to East Tennesee after 3 years of traveling. I want a life of normalcy, stability, and not packing up every 3-6 months to go somewhere else. I have had the opportunity to meet so many different people, work with so many different cultures, and gained many new life long friends.
Pros
great experience, good pay
Cons
packing and driving every 3 months. No real stability.
Won't pay as contract states
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  SeveralJuly 2, 2016
Worked for them for several contracts & all was as stated. The last contract they shorted me about $3500 (watch your direct deposits). Unfortunately was working in a state where the labor board does nothing. Their Nebraska labor board said I was definitely underpaid but couldn't do anything as the contract was in another state. They kept saying it would be deposited but it never was, then started making all sorts of excuses. Later found out other agencies pay more at the same facilities. Made about $250 more a week at one repeat facility.
Cons
Pay not as in contract
Best pay for me
pta (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 17, 2015
Best pay I've found for travel healthcare.
Payroll was actually correct and on time.
Recruiter is a good person.
I'll stick with them as long as I travel.
Pros
Best pay, many options

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LRS Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.