LSC Communications Employee Reviews

Arrogance and ignorance
1st press operator (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIMarch 14, 2019
Good ol’ boys club.

Not worth the money, stress, or compromise of standards of decency. Upper management is best at blowing smoke. Mid management is a bunch of yes-men and koolaid drinkers. Benefits are a joke. STAY AWAY!!!!
Pros
Pays “well”
Cons
Punching in until punch out
It's ok
Bandery (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYMarch 13, 2019
Working at lsc is ok job if you don't have a Life because you all. Ways at work or sleeping from work.but you bring home ok pay check they have a weight room if you like to work out
Alright not the best
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYMarch 13, 2019
It's an ok job but you work lots of overtime.

Working swing shift sucks so there's that.

It's a job so there's that. I didn't really care for it
Little to no training and layoffs occur often.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INMarch 8, 2019
I worked at LSC for a very short time. 4 months. I left because I usually didn't get my promised 36 hours per week and was laid off for 2 weeks prior to me leaving. They were there when I was in a tight spot and needed a job in a hurry but, for me its definitely not a place to work for over a long period.
Pros
Hire Felons
Cons
Nearly Everything else
Good place to work but print demand is down
Daytime Salaried (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 6, 2019
I've worked here for many years. Company has been very good to me. There is a very good safety culture. The biggest problem is that print demand is down. There is too much capacity in high-volume commercial printing, therefore, plants are continually being shut down.
It's a job
Bindery Operator 2 (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMarch 3, 2019
I have been an employee here for over ten years. The biggest problem with this place is the management is poor, employee moral is low, and employee retention is low, which leads to excessive overtime during our busy months. You'd think with as much overtime that is required during our busy months, that we were trying to save lives, when in fact we are just making magazines. To counter that, when we are going through our slow months, it can sometimes be hard to work five days a week. You do get more than enough breaks though, probably better than many companies across the nation. At this particular plant, the future is uncertain with the pending "merger" with Quad Graphics.
Pros
Plenty of breaks, More than enough overtime for half of the year
Cons
Benefits aren't very good for what the employee pays, Management is a joke, Go through a few slow months to where it's hard to work five days a week, low employee retention rate, poor employee moral
Fast paced place to work
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Strasburg, VAMarch 1, 2019
Benefits available aren't top notch but working here for 15 years has allowed growth for me and advancement. Everyday is something different and that helps break up the day to day monotony.
Good company but it it closing
IT Infrastructure Technician (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAFebruary 28, 2019
Hoped to retire here. Great company with great people. I have enjoyed my time here and met a lot of nice people. Management based is Harrisonburg is really good.
Pros
Great people tp work with
Cons
Plant is closing
Proofreader and Clerical Duties (Current Employee) –  Evington, VAFebruary 28, 2019
Work here for 39 and half years only reason for leaving is plant is closing. I have enjoyed working here and their was a lot chances for advancement. I had several different jobs during my time here.
Horrid place
Press Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kendallville, INFebruary 27, 2019
this is the one of the most un ethical places i have ever worked for. I have been working since I was 18, I'm 30 now. I have been around and I have seen what i thought was all tosee in the working world, but LSC takes the cake.

It's all bad. There are no pros. The managers are horrid, the employees are horrid, insurance is horrid, bath roooms, break room, culture, all of it.

I would have to be on the verge of losing all of my wordly possesions before I would work there again.
Large company with not much employee loyalty
Infrastructure Technician (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAFebruary 27, 2019
My work day comprises of incident management for IT systems at the local plant here in Virginia. I start every day with a team meeting with everybody within my region, along with the Supervisor, where we communicate ongoing issues and projects. I learned a lot about relationship improvement with co-workers and customers (users), and appropriate time management for plant wide projects/

The workplace culture with peers was excellent. Team mates were communicative and proficient with problem solving and sharing related information for IT issues.

There was no provision for continued education or professional development with the company. Hiring policies do not provide emphasis for advancement within the company if an available candidate is found outside the company.
Not a place to grow, and no care for employees
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJFebruary 21, 2019
The general manager is probably the worst boss I ever encountered. He just walks around 2-3 times a day through the warehouse and gives orders, that one should not even do. He never helps or tries to correct you. The other employees are friendly but even they complain that they been there for over 10 years and no raise. Some have been temps for years. This company just takes advantage because they can’t find anything better. Feel real bad for them. And in the winter is super cold, you have to wear 2 coats and winter hat so you don’t freeze to death. And the summer is a oven in there.
Pros
Cons
Winter is freeze. Summer you die of heat. General manager is the worst.
Toxic negative workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Reno-Stead, NVFebruary 19, 2019
Toxic work environment with poor management. Co-workers are messy and nosy instead of focusing on the job they're busy spreading rumors and gossiping about each other. Management has poor social skills and people come and go non-stop at this company it's now trend use to be lsc communications either way it's messy😒
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Negative workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 18, 2019
Taught me how to operate a forklift got certified then got my reach truck certification now know how operate all equipment in a warehouse thanks to them
Every check was short and messed up for 3 months in row even after going to payroll every pay period
Baler operator/ Material handler (Former Employee) –  Kendallville, INFebruary 17, 2019
Do not recommend this place at all unless you like being treated like a dog. Company does not care about you at all and will not work with you. The human resources personnel don't listen to you and just blow you off like your nobody.
Pros
Cons
Being treated like a bad dog for working hard
Move to the bottom of you list.
Press Operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAFebruary 16, 2019
LSC should be your last choice to work at if you have another equivalent job also to accept employment from. LSC's Medical insurance premiums are "market place prices" that a small private company might offer. As large of a cooperation that LSC is and the amount that employee premiums are should make you expect a company first mentality and employee second mentality.
Pros
Unlimited overtime if desired
Cons
Lowest caliber benefits package of any manufacturing plant in our area
Productive and excellent point system
MATERIAL HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INFebruary 15, 2019
you want to make rate keep an eye on your quantity going to be able to keep up with the other so it's all about speed and able to pick up to 40 50 lb
Pros
everybody's friendly
Cons
Pay rate
Divertido
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 15, 2019
Es un muy buen trabajo es cómodo, Horas razonables.
Pros
Seguro Médico Privado
Cons
Ningún Problema
favoritism
Warehouse Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJFebruary 14, 2019
supervisor have favoritism with other co workers or senior workers, they rotate your department with no further notice have you one day in one department next day a in other .when you are hire to do only one.
Nice co workers
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYFebruary 10, 2019
Its not a hard job. I liked the steady pace. Everyone works together and very good at teaching you something it you don't know it. Good place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LSC Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight