LSC Communications
58Below average

LSC Communications Employee Reviews

United States819 reviews
Low pay for the responsibility
Printing is a dying industry, my expectations are low that I will maintain my job for another year. The company is struggling to stay a float, hopefully comes out of bankruptcy.
Its Productive
Certain people jus wanna sit n do nothin they jus wanna bark orders instead of helping out there selves..
A lack of communication with the Management..
The people are amazing to work with, including the bosses. Just wish the pay was a little better and the company wasn't bankrupt.
The people are amazing to work with and the bosses are good as well. The atmosphere is great and it's a joy to work there. My only wish was that the pay was a little better and that the company wasn't going bankrupt. Bankruptcy is bad for any company no matter how good the atmosphere is.
Good place to work - Used to be better
When this company was a start-up it was a wonderful place to work. Full of excitement and company culture that was infectious. However, once we were acquired by a big corporate giant all of those things that were great were replaced with how to succeed at the bottom line: Money.
So jobs were lost to outsource groups to save and make money which seems to be the way the future is heading. Globalization is everywhere and I do understand the reasons that a company goes this route but it doesn't make it any less sad.

However, I still enjoyed working at this company long after it was clear that it was the beginning of the end and that is 100% directly due to the amazing people I worked with. They are the reason I stayed at this job for so long and I will miss them all very much.
Good
It’s a good company to work for and the benefits and pay are nice. It’s always nice to have coworkers that you can talk to or ask questions and they will always listen and help out if you need help with something at work .
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Overall the experience was rewarding
Economic times and overall costs to maintain the overhead expenses of EPA regulated standards and expenses ultimately was the demise of the Mattoon Illinois facility closing its doors and overall costs seem to be the main reason for this Company to file chapter 11 bankruptcy in April 2020
Great work environment
I was very productive at this job and I learned how to use a rf scanner and how work fast pace I wished it could of lasted longer but I still enjoyed it.
Na
They have a lot of part time employees which does not allow us to have benefits or paid time off There is little room for advancement The upper management team do t interact with the staff It would be nice to be a team player in a company
It's a job
No work/life balance. Frequent mandatory overtime. Working holiday weekends mandatory unless you use vacation time plus forfeit the holiday off. Hot/stuffy year round.
Hard working
Very helpful to employees, they listen and get questions answered quickly, they care about the employees, pay is descent, no drama, teaches everything you need to know to do your job, presses breakdown alot but downtime is catching up on cleaning then hanging out getting to know the people on your line, very caring employees and management. Customer quality and satisfaction important. Overall best place to work
Very Draconian Environment
Initial 6 month trial period. No paid time off and not accrual for time off during that period. Very strict about attendance and no sick time provided. Cannot use vacation days for sick time either. While they offer health insurance, there is a $6000 deductible per covered person: unaffordable for all but very tenured personnel. Very draconian.
Pros
Seasonal Overtime available.
Cons
Filed Bankruptcy March 2020, Must work 12 on 2 off if hired as Craft - Mandatory 12 hour days on alternating weekends.
Lunch break was a blast
I liked the breaks because they often more than not provided some type of snack, especially on a hot day, we would have the time to leave the machine to grab a cold popsicle to cool down from the heat.
I enjoyed working here. Management was great and the only reason I left was because I retired. The benefits were good and they treated me like I was family.
It sucks all around the board
It's horrible it's horrible it's horrible not a good place to work at the management team is just for the management team only I will never work there
No work
No work/ management lied saying it was ok... not to worry but there was no work....

Business is going bankrupt... now schools are closed and doing even more work by computer not textbooks.
Dont waste your tkme
Overworked and underpaid. they will treat you like garbage. They're bankrupt anyway. If you're an alcoholic or drug addict you'll make management fast. Even faster if you sell drugs
Decent Job
People at office are great to work with. A great collaboration of people. Not much room for advancement. Very little training outside of what is self learned.
It was a good company to work for.
Challenging environment with new issues to resolve on a daily basis. The company provided good learning opportunities over the years. The management team was good to work with and even though the company was sold several times the positive culture never changed.
Not productive due To management only supporting themselve
I am disappointed in upper management. This facility has a close working relationship with the employees (not management). 7 personnel contracted the Corona Virus and the company kept it a secret. We have a touch time clock that everyone was using until 2 weeks ago. Myself and others were around a lot of the personnel that had the virus. The company closed to do a disinfection cleaning which was a joke. Also the management gave out Lysol and other types of disinfect to only the management for themselves. They ordered everyone back to work and i say order due to if anyone turned them down they would not be eligible for unemployment. They did this to rush orders out and then after that was complete they laced 90% of everyone off. They used everyone and disregarded everyone’s well being and life.
Great
Loved the people. Benefits was a plus. Engaged in learning and active in my work environment. Relocation was offered but transportation and family problems persisted through the course of 2 months that left me unstable to work with any accommodations.
Fast paced
Not a very hard job. Lots of troubleshooting and hands on experiences. Learn something new everyday. Constantly have something to do. Not a lot of time to stand around.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at LSC Communications. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight