LSI Industries Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Overall
CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  New Windsor, NYMay 16, 2018
It is a good company to work for. It is a good stepping stone to higher your career where you will learn a diverse amount of information in the lighting manufacturing industry.
good culture, easy work... in the dept I was in
Warranty Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHApril 23, 2018
this place was a pretty decent place to work. the customer service teams are divided in to regional sections, some of the work is extremely detailed and could be overwhelming to the wrong person. but if you are willing to learn and keep pace you should have an easy time hanging in there.
Honestly should have taken my other job offers
sales (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 11, 2018
I was never properly trained until a month into my employment leaving me without most of the resources to complete my job. Im fairly certain this was only an issue with my particular department however, when talking to other departments everyone seemed confused as to why I was having these issues with my boss.
If you are give the option between salary and hourly go with hourly, a lot of the managers view salary as meaning you work for them 24/7 and wont really give you a break. At least with hourly they have to pay for those addition hours.
One advantage working here is the ability to move up quickly, everything is so disorganized that showing any kind of reliability or skill can get you pretty far.
Pros
great pay entry level pay
Cons
no one has time to train, managers are aggressive with there employees, overall company is disorganized
LSI used to be a wonderful place to work until management start blocking people from different positions
Assist Niche Agencies and Customers (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 26, 2018
my co- workers are great and make for a fun environment, the managers are fun during Christmas time, but they like to micro manage people and don;t quit know the job to tell someone what to do.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
no management training
Pretty good place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  New Windsor, NYMarch 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at LSI Industries, the work was fast paced and the shifts ran pretty smooth, I also got optional overtime on Saturdays, which was nice for the extra income.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
very hot work enviorment
Short-term employee, Company shut down 2016
Assembler/Packer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMarch 14, 2018
8 hrs. of work, nothing to hard to do as a line assembler, The different cultures made the work enjoyable simple because you didn't understand a word they spoke.
Pros
Mondays-Fridays no Holidays
Cons
Company shut down there business in 2016
Was a good place to work
My current position is Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OH 45242January 22, 2018
Liked working here, but wanted better pay and chance for advancement. great people work here.
There was no flex on the hours to work, One nice thing was if you childs school was on a delay you were to. That was nice. Really miss the ladies i worked with. all super sweet.
Not a great place
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 2, 2018
Not recommended. Did a lot of work with very little compensation. Work atmosphere is not fun or exciting. People have very little passion for what they do.
Long work days and highly stressful
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 19, 2017
Need much improvement with production planning/scheduling and training employees. My direct manager was amazing and always available for assistance. Absolutely, loved working with all my co-workers.
Pros
casual
Cons
short breaks, unorganized
The company was not bad to work for.
Industrial Spray Painter (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RI 02895August 24, 2017
Work orientated,get the job done and go home.Workers would work together to get the job done.The company was well taking care of very clean.Very nice atmosphere. a lot of parking,We were given a lot of brackes wich was well earned.
Pros
The bought pizza
Cons
First shift competed with second
stressful low paying job
Project Manager/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 9, 2017
poor company to work for high turnover low morale no room for advancement more responsibilities with out increase in pay no real reason to continue working there because better is out there
Decent place to work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 10, 2017
Overall a good place to work. Through my time there company offered many opportunities to move around and learn new skills, which are very important. A lot of this came through employee turn over; however, this is better than working in a place where people stay decades and hard to move around. Unfortunately, company is not really growing and lighting industry is very hard these days due to a lot of companies offering same type of products. The company has to be right sized in order to turn profit especially on the top level management.No longer there, but would not mind coming back down the road to work for LSI but in more of consulting type of role. A lot of great people and company president is a good guy, but hard decisions have to be made since the company is public and stock is not performing where it should be or has potential to be. The main issues with sales is that people want to place orders, but there are constant issues that turn off customers, which are mostly inner company related.
Pros
all is good about LSI or at least nothing worst than any other company.
Cons
can not think of any or at least for me.
Busy work environmnet
Accounts Receivable Associate (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHMay 27, 2017
Management could be better; no performance reviews; not enough work to keep me busy; no work events to promote "fun" workplace culture; some people do not pull their weight while others are so overwhelmed, they work a ton of overtime
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Poor management
Good job
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hooks, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Mechanic work replacing parts, road testing, trouble shooting. Upgrading abs brakes alighning front ends of humvees. Installing body's on humvees hoods ,lights, wiring harnesses ect.
Pros
Tool shop, work boots, lunch and 2 breaks
Cons
Short lunch
OK job
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 13, 2017
Nice place to work would like to do something different in manufacturing,Co-workers are very nice and helpful ..nice place to work supervisors are kind and helpful
Cons
An interesting but yet also boring.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PADecember 26, 2016
The long hours are the worst with this job. You would be working in the construction field and then you would move on to a building that needs electrical work or flooring work.
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
Great company to work for
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2016
Unfortunately, LSI is going in a different direction. I was hired to develop business in the graphics division and their emphasis is on lighting. This is a great company with great potential and capabilities nationwide
Pros
great management
Cons
big company unable to respond to new opportunities
Work Place not conducive to a healthy work environment
Global Sourcing Manager (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHOctober 26, 2016
Adjust organization to link to operations
Initiative sourcing waves and improve commercial mobility
Ensure material analysis
Build supply base by design
Supplier Segmentation
Commodity Classification
Supplier Partnering
Setting
Operational and Business Unit Alignment
Cost Transparency
Information & Idea Sharing Success
Pros
Stock Options
Cons
Work life balance, opportunity
Stay away!
Never told what my actual title was (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYOctober 7, 2016
Unless you would like a bunch of responsibility with no compensation and no opportunity for advancement. Poor management, Internal drama,favoritism,the list goes on but I digress.
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Not enough room to list them all
nice place to work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 26, 2016
great place to work nice people to bad there going out of buesness, it would have been a great place to work long term. supervisers were great to work for