Lubrizol Employee Reviews

great company to work for.
Technician (Current Employee) –  wickliffe, ohioNovember 16, 2018
lubrizol has a long history of being a great company to work for. i have taken many opportunities to advance my career from stock clerk, receiving clerk, material handler to my current technician position. all the while working in an evironment that fosters diversity and inculsiveness. a very proactive company that cares about their employees and the community.
Pros
self-directed work schedule.
Job is interesting can learn alot. Very hard to move up. Raises are a joke. Pay for what you do is very low.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, MTOctober 15, 2018
Building, inspecting medical devices. Low pay for job. What you build goes in people's bodies. Poor advancement. Alot of favoritism. The handbook is not followed. Raises are a joke.
Pros
The crew
Cons
Management, advancement, raises
Positive work environment with encouragement to expand skills
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHOctober 12, 2018
Steady work pace.
Encouragement from management to expand skills if appropriate.
Work was varied, so chance to learn new skills or techniques or improve on skills from the past.
A culture of innovation and support of side projects to increase knowledge or develop new uses for existing products.
Career development depends on who your boss is and what the corporate objectives were at the time.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
pigeon-holed into roles depending on manager
safety is not first
Maintenance Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXSeptember 25, 2018
as long as you keep your mouth shout you were ok. great coworkers. batch plant would rather bad aid a problem instead of doing a good repair or replacement.
Hostile and clique-ish
Export Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXSeptember 24, 2018
I was hired on contract through an agency. They kept getting my name wrong, I didnt have a computer, monitor or suitable work area. I had to train with at least 4 different trainers. Only 2 of them were completely thorough about the procedures in entering or processing the orders. They gave me step by step instructions which I was able to follow. The other two not so much. They were all over the place. One of them was very unapproachable as far as being able ask questions on an order. There are a lot of steps to learn and I was given a month to learn all of the procedures which I questioned because normally it would take at least two to three months total depending on the new hire's abilities. I see they're hiring again for the same position so they must treat all of the new hires the same.
Pros
Cons
Not enough enough time to train on these accounts
The Gastonia Compound Plant is extremely hostile and stressful. Other departments along with the Managers and Supervision are really great.
Operator Technician (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCSeptember 19, 2018
I thought it was a great company overall and great upper management. Certain departments were questionable due to their ethics. I would recommend another department to work in.
Pros
4 days off
Cons
Certain Managers and Supervisors, Hostile Work Environment, Unwilling to hear new ideas, Bullying by Supervisor and Manager, language from Supervisor and Leads to employees, favoritism to certain employees and everyone talked about everyone.
Terrible place
Operator (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXSeptember 16, 2018
Dangerous and management is cut throat and can’t be trusted. Has gone downhill and you’d regret going there. Also not a diverse company any longer as the dynamics have completely changed in HR and stretched through the company. Place is overall a joke and I wished I had listened to everyone else before I decided to work there. Again, very unsafe and management can not be trusted as they don’t care about the employees that make them money
Pros
Pay
Cons
To many to list
Lubrizol was the best place I have ever worked.
Global MarComm & Trade Media Mgr (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 4, 2018
Lubrizol is a great company that offers so much to their employees. The management takes care of their employees and makes working there fun and exciting.
Pros
Management, Culture, Opportunities
Cons
Cleveland Winters!
Great Place Not much room for advancement
SAE, FZG, LVFA, PUMP Mechanical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHAugust 21, 2018
I worked in The Mech lab, was told the company was great i worked with a lot of great people but after Warren buffet took over the company it became very Cut throat, people getting fired for no reason. you have to wait 2+ years to get converted from a contractor with no timeline on when you will get hired on.
Great Place to work
Unit Trainer (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXAugust 19, 2018
Lubrizol is a very good company. It has provided a very secure working environment. They are really big on safety. The hardest part of my job is you have to wear a lot of hats. Meaning, you have to do more than just your job, but you have to do training, operating and work for the supervisors.
Pros
Money
Cons
Shorthanded
Awesome Company to work for- The Lubrizol Corporation
SAP- Master Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga County, OHAugust 17, 2018
I think the subject says it all...Perhaps I was lucky with who my boss was....but maybe I can take some credit too...if you're a good person, and you work hard, there is opportunity, and getting to meet people outside your department just makes the whole work experience fantastic
Fun group of people I worked with
Chemical Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXAugust 6, 2018
Steady pace job always something to do, learned how to work reactors, scrubbers, used operating instructions for batch sheets to safely operate the plant. Monitor and log unit process conditions and storage vessel conditions and vessel levels and temperatures in order to make the necessary adjustments and safely maintain production.
Pros
They gave a bonus once a year.
Cons
you could make your own breaks
A great place to work
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJuly 24, 2018
Employed with Lubrizol was a great experience where I was able to learn hands on how to work with chemical additives both batch and continuous systems. Safety played a large part in the operation of the chemical plant consisting of safety meetings at the beginning of the shift. It was a challenging job that required attention to instructions and the ability to multitask.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Physically and mentally challenging
Productive workplace
SENIOR PROJECT (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHJuly 20, 2018
Learned a lot of valuable information about what it means to be a chemical engineer.
Saw how batch sheets worked, as well as small scale set ups being transformed in large scale set ups.
Lubrizol
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Avon Lake, OHJuly 20, 2018
This was brand new chemical area that was being put in. There was much work building process. I was hoping for some overtime. However there was hardly any availability.
Good to learn extrusion
Technician (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJuly 14, 2018
This company doesn't apply what they say in the job description, if you are a technician with 5 years of experience you don't know nothing , no place to grow need to kiss a..s to get a promotion. And you can be an engineer if you kiss a..s too, HR need more training , no respect for workers, supervisors have no experience, like i say this company is good for learning extrusion and the look for other place
Benefits
Cons
All of the above
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHJuly 12, 2018
Lubrizol is a great place to work, employees are top notch. They respect their employees and treat them well. Compensation is fair and benefits are acceptable.
a typical day at work
LAB TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHJune 27, 2018
I work in the second busiest lab in the building. I multi task during the day and is continuously busy which I love. I am very results oriented with quality as the focus.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
training
productive work place, lots of events for team buildings, good place to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHJune 24, 2018
Good place to work, friendly, Learned a lot but usually had to learn most of the training on my own. Unorganized with the work details.
when top management wanted something changed, middle management did not enforce it and some people made changes and some people didn't. Later caused miscommunication with clients.
Love the work and professional atmosphere.
Pros
Friendly place
Cons
extremely fast paced, and work is to much to handle for one person, . Lack of training and have to train yourself most of the time.
good environment
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHJune 20, 2018
A stable working environment with a quality working atmosphere.
Surrounded by helpful coworkers and upper management.
Pay should be higher for what they are asking for in the position.