Lucifer Lighting Company Employee Reviews

Best career decision of my life
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 30, 2018
I’ve been blessed with Landing a role at LLC. When I was first contacted I wasn’t sure what to expect, but after 5 interviews, 2 tests... I was IN! The interviewing process was a bit long but that is because they want to hire the best in order to ship the best and bring in quality people who are passionate, driven, innovative, and well the list goes on! I’ve had opportunities to be challenged in my role, grow and help drive positive change within the organization and help drive successful outcomes. I’ve been with Lucifer for several years now and have been impressed with how much our owners and executives truly care about us as people. They are open to our ideas... and the best part is they trust us to execute out our ideas and achieve successful outcomes. There were periods of times when work hours were excessive-this was due to rapid company growth. Our upper management acted quickly and hired us additional talents. They provide company sponsored lunches, fun free activities, and more! Holiday pay is exceptional! They provide more than normal holidays off, have a holiday shut down in which we have 10 consecutive days to be with family, offer competitive vacation almost immediately, PTO and sick time for salary employees. They have been flexible with my time off which has allowed me to attend important events for my family. I could go on and on. :)
Pros
Care about us, competitive pay, benefits, time off, trust us.
Cons
Hiring process can be long
You want to work here!
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 30, 2018
With multiple employees tenured with over 20 years of experience, it's easy to see that Lucifer Lighting Company is somewhere people want to be employed. A private, family owned company, Lucifer Lighting is a hidden gem in San Antonio. A manufacturing firm who prides itself on keeping assembly and design work stateside, Lucifer sells it's high end lighting fixtures to the biggest names world wide. I personally get such a large sense of pride being able to tell people that our fixtures are in installed anywhere from the corporate offices of tech giants to in the swankest boutique hotels. The company has had year over year growth and chooses to reinvests the money back into the people that work for them in the form of improved benefits, office renovations, investment in tools/machinery and end of year bonus. As a salaried employee, I have a healthy benefits package, with ample time off, and fair competitive pay. I have grown in my own role during my tenure at the company, and have always had the support of the company with new initiatives and training needs. The interview process can be long, but it's so worth it. The company prides itself on hiring the best- which means when you get hired on, you're working with the best. The culture here is so friendly, and people really care about each other. This stems directly from the CEO, who exemplifies this behavior himself. The hardest part of this year has been some of the growing pains associated with business growth. In the long term, it's been an opportunity to learn and better the business and teams are working much more efficiently  more... now.  less
Pros
Periodic company sponsored lunches, annual holiday party, Intramural softball and volleyball teams, Flexible hours for Salaried staff, Caring and nurturing work environment, end of year performance bonus, paid holidays, 401k matching, positive culture
Cons
Some micromanagement at executive level, but overall improving
Family environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 27, 2018
Lucifer is a family business, and all employees are treated like family. The number one core value has to do with people. Although so much depends on your individual manager, there are many development opportunities, lots of celebrations of successes, and really great staff. It didn't always use to be so positive, but there have been really great changes in the last 18 months or so.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Busy
Its ok just not enogh hrs
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 2, 2018
Its ok just lack the hrs i need and communication. And they made me go too nights witch im not happy about. But the people are nice there its a good job for some.
Would not recommend
QUAILTY INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 31, 2018
Non Climate controlled warehouse unless in a office position. Numerous holidays off. M-F working mandtory overtime. My manager was excellent, very flexible and stood behind us. Upper Management constantly made promises they couldn't keep. pay raises are once a year with only .50 being the upper limit. Employees aren't respected from upper management. Friction between departments
Pros
occasional lucheons, and snacks
Cons
hot, short breaks, lack of advancement
Worst work environment.
Executive Assistant to CEO (Temp Position) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2018
In this case, the name of the company truly represents the environment of the job. The only reason it gets two stars is because the CEO is a wonderful man. His wife on the other hand who is constantly there is the devil herself.
Family type atmosphere on production floor.
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2018
When I first started there was some barriers to break through. As time went on I learn to build various items. Old items were removed and new were developed. As old models were replaced more new builts started to come in. By the time I was let go, I had the ability to bluild all new products at that time.
Pros
Learn varous positions and abilities.
Cons
No inter action between production employees and management.
what I learned
Groundskeeper/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 3, 2017
I learned how to build a table and take care of ceiling tiles and a few other things that I have never been taught how to do. In that respect it was rewarding.
Great work enviroment
Product Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 30, 2017
Co-workers are good, family feel to it, and relaxed feeling. Nothing is every planned out, make it up as you go. Demands perfection for everything, but the management does not do it themselves.
Pros
Location, work enviroment
Cons
A lot of off clock overtime, demands perfection but does not show it.
Productive workplace
QUALITY CONTROL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 17, 2016
Steady workflow, however little to no promise of advancement within the company. Some procedures can be streamlined to make workflow easier.
productive and innovating company
Production Planner (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 31, 2016
Since i have worked here i have had the luxury to see the growth of this company . I have learned a lot and have had the opportunity to move up.
Pros
appreciation showed to the workers by lunch in socials or ice cream socials
Fun place to work at
Mechanical Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2015
The employees at Lucifer Lighting are very welcoming and friendly. Work directly with the mechanical engineers and learn the manufacturing side of engineering.
Great company
Electrical/mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasJuly 18, 2015
This was a fantastic company to work for, albeit, I was hired though a temp agency and our duration there was 2 and 1/2 months. A very diverse company with great people to work with.Testing of transformers HIPOT after assembly and wiring, construction of housing and "J" boxes, start to finish, including pallet readying of completed order. I was working as a team member in the first position to keep a steady pace going, up to over 500 pieces in an 8 hour shift.
Pros
great pace of work
Cons
only worked there as a temp
Terrible Mgmt, No Raises
Assembler (Former Employee) –  LuciferApril 2, 2015
This company does not give pay raises, only a small COLA. Frequent mistakes in production have no oversight until large orders get returned for being defective or simply sent to the wrong customer. HR hands out fruit leather tied to a balloon for years or service. Avoid.
Pros
you can wear headphones
Cons
see above
Productive and fun working environment
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 20, 2014
Gathered all material needed for the production of orders for the day.
Learned how to work with others to mass produce L.E.D orders for the customer's order.
Management was organized and productive.
The job was very easy to follow after directions were given which help in the mass production of orders.
Pros
monthly lunches were given after quotas were met.
Cons
no air conditioning
Challenging workplace that can be very rewarding.
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 28, 2012
This job offers an opportunity to get involved in all aspects of Human Resources as well as providing an integral relationship with all other functional departments. It has some of the best people with whom I have worked and working with the various levels is by far the best part of the job.
Pros
quality product; well-repsected in the market
Cons
limited growth opportunities.
Productive and very fun place to work
Designer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2012
The Engineering team is made up of great people who work well together. The Lead Engineer is a great person to work for and distributes work based on the strengths of each member of his team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lucifer Lighting Company. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about