Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford
64Average

Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford Employee Reviews

United States224 reviews
Not much encouragement from management. Bias opinions. Unjust culture. No water supplied to staff. Nothing updated in the offices. This is not Stanford health. It’s only a brand
Pros
Pay
Cons
Support
great company great benefits lots of laughs and free food very new kitchen lots of room for growth the pay is excellent the hours are long and hard esp around the holidays.
Pros
free food free great benefits
Cons
short breaks long hours no family time
Mature culture, ambitious and well educated leadership! Well recognized organization! Makes you feel very proud to work here!

Too lean at times, too much focus on process improvement, not enough support to meet initiatives. Departments are siloed!

Compensation could be slightly better. Good health benefits and retirement plans.
I would recommend this as a great place to work. The organization is truly focused in providing quality patient care. High expectations, but positive, encouraging work environment.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Very strict and demanding job with very long hours that are expected from anyone.
Food was miserable ( worse than hospital food ) and the work environment was very strange in the sense i always felt like a stranger...
Pros
None except pay
Cons
Long hours, food was horrible and expensive
The Entire Social Services Dept. are unprofessional, self centered who think HIGHLY of themselves! The SW Dept prevents growth and limit ones success!
Pros
Nothing Positive about the Social Services Dept!
Cons
Bigots, Discrimination, Lack of Professionalism, Politics, Narcissisms among all SW’s!
Managers and higher ups don’t really care to listen to ideas from the people who make the clinics run well, to boost morale and standardize work. Like a zoo. Al the providers have their own different wants and ideas. Short staffed, while All the higher ups can’t even come close to doing anything themselves.
Benefits
Cons
No passion, work like robots.
Would never work for them. I worked there through a temporary agency. These two groups take advantage of people, then blame them so they don't look bad.
Pros
Cons
Poor work culture
I learned how to treat people I learned alot of knew things there. I enjoyed talking to my staff making knew friends I worked all the floors so I met knee people everyday good experience for me had my daughter and son while I was at work .I will return one day
Employees and management are very unprofessional for handling sensitive information.

Very poor management - lack of proper training

Very unprofessional and I'll qualified staff
I enjoyed working at LPCH. Culture and people were very supportive and easy to work with. Learning curve was steep but peers were able to help me ramp up.
There are lots of roles here including IV room, Chemotherapy, Specialty, Outpatient. I worked many of them. Mostly you work rotating shifts but there is a lot of variety.

Technicians are getting more requested time off now than before. Health benefits, paid time off accrual, and 401K are excellent for full timers. There are a lot of good pharmacists and technicians here to learn from work with. Very inclusive.

Sometimes working days and sometimes evenings is challenging but it works for me.
Busy pediatric office, assisting children with different unique needs. Very compassionate and down to earth staff. Learning new ways to tackle daily obstacles in a friendly and professional manner.
Because this is a children's hospital, there is great focus on care and quality for children and their families. This organization goes above and beyond for them. It's amazing to watch.

Where they need to improve is in creating resources and support for its staff, improving on work/life balance, and providing career advancement opportunities for its high performing staff.
A typical day involved, working alongside Physicians and clinical support staff to deliver patient, supervisions clinical staff and managing daily clinic operations.
I was able to work part time with full benefits and go to San Jose State university. Pharmacist helped me with my science courses, great learning environment!!
Stanford is an elitist organization that puts shareholder profits over nearly everything including work culture. If you are the type that will give up your life and can submit fully to the whims of poor, overbearing top management and demanding customers, this is definitely the place for you. If you value a work life balance and your own sanity you will avoid Standford like the plague
Wonderful organization, enjoyed their gratuitous compassion for their employees. Great management and culture for their employees and patients.
Would reapply
Extremely poor work life balance. They tell you what you want to hear when they hire you and then change it after you are hired. They will over work you and expect more. Shame you when you take your breaks. They will require travel to other sites that adds a 5 hour commute to your day and if you stop to use a
bathroom they will dick that time from your pay.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor Management and Poor work life balance
A typical day at work would be arriving finding out what unit in the hospital i will be working at and then grabbing my supplies to get started with my shift. I learned a few things one of many was how to properly detect the right way to clean some rooms some where contact plus rooms which needed a lot more cleaning techniques to make sure that the rooms was properly clean. The hardest part of the job was that I was normally placed in Labor and Delivey unit overnight therefor i was constantly busy having to clean the rooms because so mane woman would come in and the personel is limited overnight so that made it a little challenging get get some help. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with the families around and seeing all the new babies!
Has anyone asks why 11 from 12 month of the year the job advertisement is on for the same location.and same position. They pay ok, good benefit and a big name. Please do your research before moving forward and apply to the position from people whom work here.