Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford Employee Reviews

Productive and Busy work environment
Patient Service Representative (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 15, 2019
Time flies when you are having fun. Super busy, yet awesome work environment. Adorable kids and great management with room to grow. If you are extremely sensitive to sick children and babies, this may not be the workplace environment for you.
Pros
Room to grow
Cons
Have to pay for parking
To much politics
Manager Of Anesthesia Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto CaApril 2, 2019
Bad political focus, not good for employees or people who want to excel. Especially those who have skills and may be a treat to those who do not. notgood
Exciting place to be part of helping hands.
Coding/Charge Entry Analyst (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 28, 2019
I had been working at LPCH for 14+ years, and I had a challenging and fun job all the time, but I've learned to manage my breath. I had learned patience when I stationed at the Well Baby Nursery doing the NewBornHearing Specialist. I gained knowledge about little one and able to understand how important the hearing at the zero stage of life, and Pediatric Dialysis. I am willing to help and serve the people around me, and I enjoyed myself being working at Stanford Hospital. I am a hard working person and serious about what I do. The Children's Hospital at Stanford Hospital is an excellent place to work the employee benefits are great.
Pros
The only thing I don't enjoy is their Cafe no subsidize food for employees not like other companies
Cons
The lunch break is 30 minute and 15 minutes in the morning and afternoon.
pay
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CA 94583March 26, 2019
When People find out I work for this company, they assume that I get paid pretty well, WELL NO we don't for the amount of responsibility that they put upon us.
Top-Down Management
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 20, 2019
Very busy and exciting hospital to work at. Patients and their families will impact your life in a very positive way. Management is fairly strict and inflexible--lots of talk, no game. Some of the best colleagues you can work with.
Poor work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 14, 2019
Lucille Packard has a manipulated view on what being a Registered Nurse is. They are more focused on caddy gossip, bonuses and projects then actual care of the patient and family members.
They lack support , educational opportunities for career growth and meeting departmental standards.
Management is very unsupportive to the staff and 90% of the staff are unqualified to work in the unit. At minimum most do not know how to work the equipment which is just one of the many safety issues.
Pros
Salary
Cons
missed meals, poor management, unreliable co workers some in part due to lack of education.
Productive and great team work
Business Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAFebruary 8, 2019
Productive and great team work with a great mission of helping to improve children's health.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Knowing you are making a difference in children's life and health improvement.
Pros
Good transportation program
Cons
Very busy
poorly run department
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 27, 2019
labor and delivery management does not listen to staff with true concerns. for the amount of things that need to change, the current management are in over their heads. too many cooks-no communication. lpch hires people with no education or proper training to scrub surgery and these same employees have no ongoing education requirements to attempt to stay up to date with aorn standards. the role of surgical tech is not respected and is used as patient transporter and there is no communication from charge nurse to tech.zero teamwork.
Pros
holiday pay for every federal holiday
Cons
incompetentand underqualified staff
Staff is great but you will have to put up with a good dose of politics
Director, Performance Improvement (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Overall a very good place to work. Staff is great and the culture is totally focused on the patient. The only complaint is how a good percentage of upper level management is blatantly out for only themselves.
Horrific
Cash and Investment Accountant (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 8, 2019
Overall, an awful experience. It may sound nice like a nice place to work, but do yourself a favor and just say no. Terrible management, terrible work/life balance, terrible health insurance.
Great hospital
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 18, 2018
this hospital is still growing. I loved working here. they are building a new hospital. it will be nice. the nurses I worked with were great and very smart
My location and supervisor is great
SCHEDULER PEDIATRIC SPECIALTY/ INTAKE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CANovember 8, 2018
Great location and supervisor. My coworker work together. We work as a team. There is always things you not happy about but the direct listen and puts things into action.
Pros
My teams
Cons
No cons
Amazing place to work
Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAOctober 25, 2018
This has been the best place I have ever work for. Great management great employees and a great organization. Stanford provides excellent care to all patients and provides excellent care for their employees. I would recommend this place to everyone.
Pros
great pay, great benefits, and great place to work for
Blessed Opportunity
Payroll Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAOctober 8, 2018
Enjoyed working for Stanford Childrens - The Payroll Team knew how to carry one another's burden when one needed the help or lift. It was a great opportunity to impart all that I have learned to the team helping them understand the process and how the data we produce impacts the overall company financials.
Pros
Great Team and Hard working staff
Cons
Location and Traffic
Great Benefits
Other (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 29, 2018
SCH is a great place to work, they have great benefits but lack in a training program and communication to within certain areas. It is a very competitive environement and are wanting to look at budget cutting for certain areas but they never cut to anything that would put patients at risk. Patient safety is number 1 and is what I valued most while working at SCH.
Benefits
Productive and friendly environement
Temporary Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 19, 2018
Working at Stanford Children's Hospital was amazing, I helped open the new children's hospital. Giving these Children a pleasurable and comfortable experience during there uneasy times in the hospital was very rewarding and helping them get through each day. The staff was also friendly, helpful and everyone always worked as a team
Pros
Friendly Staff, Company phones
Cons
Short Breaks
This is a wonderful institution. The staff is talented and dedicated to the well being of their patients.
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 24, 2018
This is a wonderful institution with very talented and dedicated staff focused on the well being of their patients with a combination of cutting edge technology and family centered care.
Pros
The mission of the facility.
One of the Greatest Places to work
Health Information Assistant II, Stanford (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 23, 2018
I love my job and working here, it is an awesome place to work :-) The cost of living is just so high here, until I need more money to keep a float with day to day expenses and living here in the Bay Area. But have no plans on moving out :-)
Extremely great to work
Office Assistant IV-Premier (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAAugust 18, 2018
Love it, would go back if there was any job opportunites locally in Santas Cruz, that would fit my schedule. Preferably part-time or perdiem.

I do however, miss all of my coworkers and all of the years we spent together.
Pros
wonderful
Cons
sometimes no breaks
Excellent work
Self-Pay Receptionist, Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAAugust 13, 2018
Roomed patients took x-rays. This was during internship for x-ray tech. Something I plan on doing in my part time. I would recommend this facility to anyone looking for employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight