Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford

Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford Employee Reviews

great place
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 29, 2018
great place to work. the staff is very nice and the facility is immaculate. Cafeteria food is actually pretty good considering it is hospital food. all in all great experience.
Pros
facility
Cons
parking
Productive, professional, fast paced, collaborative, training opportunities, opportunities to work with the most complex cases
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 4, 2018
Productive and professional place to work. It is a fast paced collaborative environment and the training is outstanding. It provides opportunities to work with the most complex cases and rare medical conditions.
Pros
Professional, cutting edge medical advances/opportunities, opportunities for growth and innovation
Cons
Work life balance
Poor pharmacy management
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 3, 2018
The amount of favoritism here is insane. There are a handful of people that can take vacation multiple times a year while the rest of us will get 1-2 days requests denied.

Management will ask us to contribute ways to improve but slap down all of our ideas without even trying them out.

It's a rotating schedule. They tell you that there are opportunities for set shifts, but don't be fooled because those shifts are already taken and you'd have to wait a long time for them to free up and even then it's highly competitive.

The managers are out of touch. It's true that they used to be staff technicians and pharmacists, but they've been so far removed that they no longer understand what it's like to be a regular staff member.

So disorganized. not only in the daily work flow but in career advancement.
Pros
Good on you're resume
Cons
Poor and uncaring management, dead end job
Great work environment
Front Desk Manager/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 23, 2018
I love working with kids. Our patients are wonderful people who deserve the best care. All the Doctors, nurses and the rest of staff are kind and caring people.
not as what I thought
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 15, 2018
I have never worked at a place where there is sick calls almost on a daily basis. Half of the staff are unhappy with management but feel stuck working there.
Pros
reputation of the hospital
Cons
low pay, odd shifts
Friendly and professional workplace
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAMay 8, 2018
I enjoyed working at Lucile Packard's billing department. Daily meetings about goals and quotas were held in the mornings and documented at the end of the day.

The work was very independent and we each had our own list of patient accounts. I would often finish mine and help out with any particularly difficult cases on my coworkers task board.
Nice co workers for the most part
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 9, 2018
When I started there was a great culture. After expanding and changing management, there's very much an us against them mentality. I would not take my kids there.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management and new facility
n/a
Medical Assistant back and front office (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 27, 2018
I work here I like the people, doctors. A lot of the doctors like to teach you new things. I'm a float so knowing/remembering what each doctor likes can be complicated but most doctors do not have an issue with you asking questions/giving reminders. Some things I enjoy about LPCH

-Good hourly wage considering what other clinics want to offer.
- Great EPIC classroom training offered at Stanford Hospital.
-Fast-paced, lots of information thrown at you all at once.
-Excellent C-I-CARE protocol and reinforcement.
-Daily schedule could change at any time/location.
-Plenty of resources available if you chose to use them.
Overall Positive Take-Aways
Care Coordination Liaison (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 22, 2018
My first year with LPCH was wonderful and allowed our team freedom to create our role, work within a multidisciplinary environment, and provide exceptional care for our patients and families. During the second year politics kicked in, as did budgeting concerns for our new hospital. We became micromanaged, but this was unique to our department. Overall I believe the hospital was working the best it could to prepare for the opening of Packard 2.0 and we still provided our families with exceptional care. As an organization I felt well supported by the other teams and departments.
Pros
Free public transit cards, Respectful work environment, Loving team
Cons
Transport to/from work (i.e. limited parking which you had to pay for), No free coffee
Productive and Fast Paced Environment, Great for Advancement
Care Coordination Liaison (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 3, 2018
Lucile Packard is a phenomenal place to get started in your career. There are a wide variety of entry level jobs that can lead to other departments if you are interested. Everyone is super helpful and engaged in not only helping getting you to where you want to be, but they work together to make sure everything is done in a team environment. As for caring for patients and families, there is no greater feeling than doing so. You will have to work hard in any position at LPCH, but it's always worth it for the children.
Pros
Great benefits, career advancement, competitive pay
Cons
Hard to take breaks, large workload, fast paced environment
Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 21, 2018
Co- workers were amazing, they quickly became a second family. The teaching hospital aspect was the best part of working there. RN’s have autonomy not seen at community hospitals.
Pros
Learn a lot.
Cons
Should pay more.
Collaborative work environment
HR Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 9, 2018
I've never worked with a group of people who treated you like family the moment you walked in the door. Thats what its like to work at LCPH!

The benefits are superb, the pay is competitive, and the managers really take the time to make sure the workplace culture is satisfactory.
was good place 2 work, but now getting rid of older workers
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 29, 2018
taking xrays, using the computer, answering pages & phone calls. mgmt. hired w/no experience 2 pay less. some hired 2 get rid of people. the job itself is fine, i don't mind hard work. u have 2 work w/all kinds of personalities from clerks, nurses, doctors, & mgmt. i liked the peeps, til they got new younger & then can't trust. they don't care that the younger call n sick or r late. the environment is toxic, w/2 much gossiping & feels like a jhs or hs environment.
I would love to come back!
Per Diem Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 16, 2018
I left the job after relocating to Texas. I wish I had stayed, I could have made the commute. Tough finding any place similar to this, awesome coworkers!
fast pased
Department committee lead (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 8, 2018
• Utilization management: Performs daily admission and continued stay reviews using guidelines, institutional policies/procedures etc. to determine appropriate level of care and/or readiness for discharge in a variety of high acuity and medically complex patients.
o Assesses for appropriate use of services and level of care as well as interfaces with the payer to provide clinical updates for continued hospitalization.
o Provides outpatient case management services to 650+ pediatric patients managed by three or more organ specialties.
Awesome!
Coding/Charge Entry Analyst (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 2, 2018
Lucile Packard Children Hospital at Stanford is a great place to work with. The Benefits are great and 403 K investment has a great packages for employees. The hospital have a great staffs and great doctors to work with.
Project Manager - Laboratory Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJanuary 2, 2018
Good place to work and good people.
Benefits are competitive. Salary is ok. Would work there again , if the right position is available.
Wished there were more opportunities for advancement.
Productivity and fun
Senior Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 10, 2017
Great place to work, The only thing right now for me is the commute great management and workplace culture is great. Also my coworkers are very kind and easy to get along with.
Would not go back.
IS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CADecember 7, 2017
LPCH started off as a great place to work, with a lot of potential for advancement and growth. Unfortunately that did not last, and once insourcing from Dell was complete the management structure and opportunities completely changed.
Productive medical facility with a heart for wholeness, well being, and healing of the patients as the primary objective.
Independent Contractor/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 30, 2017
Staff were expected to be proficient, capable, professional and caring in the execution of the medical, and emotional attention provided to patients. They were also expected to be actively involved and in pursuit of expanding their medical knowledge and proficiency in the areas of their expertise as well as other fields of specialization.
On ocassion, patients from outside of the US with special medical/surgical needs were given the attention and reatment they would not have otherwise received in their own country.

Re time spent at Packard listed below, there were breaks in between the beginning and ending dates during which time I worked or contracted with other facilities or agencies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford Reviews by Location