Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford

Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford Employee Reviews

One of the Greatest Places to work
Health Information Assistant II, Stanford (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 23, 2018
I love my job and working here, it is an awesome place to work :-) The cost of living is just so high here, until I need more money to keep a float with day to day expenses and living here in the Bay Area. But have no plans on moving out :-)
Working at the hospital
Food Service (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 7, 2018
When I was working there it was difficult to perform because the supervisors micromanages . Always hovering over your shoulder uncomfortable to work.Other than that I loved performing my job.
Pros
Like my position. Got paid great. Great Benefits
Cons
Supervisors are micro managers
Great Research place to work
Director of Business Operations (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 6, 2018
Need more business focus and reality of what financial pressures exist. Mission drives business more than other way around. Needs to change to be top tier as expected.
No guarantee of job duration.
Exhibition/Setup Employee (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 2, 2018
Management should follow through with projected job duration. Was guaranteed 8 hours a day,five days a week and forty hours a week for three months. Did not happen though.
It's a grind, but worth having a "name" company on your resume
ANESTHESIA TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 2, 2018
Management is grossly out of touch with employees and will focus on themselves above all others.
Decisions both large and small are made through collaborative meetings often resulting in over-thought and under-performing results.
Employee moral is abysmal.
Pros
Strong bullet point for your resume
Cons
Out of touch management
I like it.
Birth recorder (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 12, 2018
They pay well and there is room for advancement. Everyone is very helpful and friendly. Everyone seems to work together to accomplish great patient care.
great place
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 29, 2018
great place to work. the staff is very nice and the facility is immaculate. Cafeteria food is actually pretty good considering it is hospital food. all in all great experience.
Pros
facility
Cons
parking
Productive, professional, fast paced, collaborative, training opportunities, opportunities to work with the most complex cases
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 4, 2018
Productive and professional place to work. It is a fast paced collaborative environment and the training is outstanding. It provides opportunities to work with the most complex cases and rare medical conditions.
Pros
Professional, cutting edge medical advances/opportunities, opportunities for growth and innovation
Cons
Work life balance
Poor pharmacy management
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 3, 2018
The amount of favoritism here is insane. There are a handful of people that can take vacation multiple times a year while the rest of us will get 1-2 days requests denied.

Management will ask us to contribute ways to improve but slap down all of our ideas without even trying them out.

It's a rotating schedule. They tell you that there are opportunities for set shifts, but don't be fooled because those shifts are already taken and you'd have to wait a long time for them to free up and even then it's highly competitive.

The managers are out of touch. It's true that they used to be staff technicians and pharmacists, but they've been so far removed that they no longer understand what it's like to be a regular staff member.

So disorganized. not only in the daily work flow but in career advancement.
Pros
Good on you're resume
Cons
Poor and uncaring management, dead end job
Great work environment
Front Desk Manager/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 23, 2018
I love working with kids. Our patients are wonderful people who deserve the best care. All the Doctors, nurses and the rest of staff are kind and caring people.
not as what I thought
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 15, 2018
I have never worked at a place where there is sick calls almost on a daily basis. Half of the staff are unhappy with management but feel stuck working there.
Pros
reputation of the hospital
Cons
low pay, odd shifts
Friendly and professional workplace
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAMay 8, 2018
I enjoyed working at Lucile Packard's billing department. Daily meetings about goals and quotas were held in the mornings and documented at the end of the day.

The work was very independent and we each had our own list of patient accounts. I would often finish mine and help out with any particularly difficult cases on my coworkers task board.
Nice co workers for the most part
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 9, 2018
When I started there was a great culture. After expanding and changing management, there's very much an us against them mentality. I would not take my kids there.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management and new facility
n/a
Medical Assistant back and front office (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 27, 2018
I work here I like the people, doctors. A lot of the doctors like to teach you new things. I'm a float so knowing/remembering what each doctor likes can be complicated but most doctors do not have an issue with you asking questions/giving reminders. Some things I enjoy about LPCH

-Good hourly wage considering what other clinics want to offer.
- Great EPIC classroom training offered at Stanford Hospital.
-Fast-paced, lots of information thrown at you all at once.
-Excellent C-I-CARE protocol and reinforcement.
-Daily schedule could change at any time/location.
-Plenty of resources available if you chose to use them.
Overall Positive Take-Aways
Care Coordination Liaison (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 22, 2018
My first year with LPCH was wonderful and allowed our team freedom to create our role, work within a multidisciplinary environment, and provide exceptional care for our patients and families. During the second year politics kicked in, as did budgeting concerns for our new hospital. We became micromanaged, but this was unique to our department. Overall I believe the hospital was working the best it could to prepare for the opening of Packard 2.0 and we still provided our families with exceptional care. As an organization I felt well supported by the other teams and departments.
Pros
Free public transit cards, Respectful work environment, Loving team
Cons
Transport to/from work (i.e. limited parking which you had to pay for), No free coffee
Productive and Fast Paced Environment, Great for Advancement
Care Coordination Liaison (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 3, 2018
Lucile Packard is a phenomenal place to get started in your career. There are a wide variety of entry level jobs that can lead to other departments if you are interested. Everyone is super helpful and engaged in not only helping getting you to where you want to be, but they work together to make sure everything is done in a team environment. As for caring for patients and families, there is no greater feeling than doing so. You will have to work hard in any position at LPCH, but it's always worth it for the children.
Pros
Great benefits, career advancement, competitive pay
Cons
Hard to take breaks, large workload, fast paced environment
Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 21, 2018
Co- workers were amazing, they quickly became a second family. The teaching hospital aspect was the best part of working there. RN’s have autonomy not seen at community hospitals.
Pros
Learn a lot.
Cons
Should pay more.
Collaborative work environment
HR Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 9, 2018
I've never worked with a group of people who treated you like family the moment you walked in the door. Thats what its like to work at LCPH!

The benefits are superb, the pay is competitive, and the managers really take the time to make sure the workplace culture is satisfactory.
was good place 2 work, but now getting rid of older workers
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 29, 2018
taking xrays, using the computer, answering pages & phone calls. mgmt. hired w/no experience 2 pay less. some hired 2 get rid of people. the job itself is fine, i don't mind hard work. u have 2 work w/all kinds of personalities from clerks, nurses, doctors, & mgmt. i liked the peeps, til they got new younger & then can't trust. they don't care that the younger call n sick or r late. the environment is toxic, w/2 much gossiping & feels like a jhs or hs environment.
I would love to come back!
Per Diem Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 16, 2018
I left the job after relocating to Texas. I wish I had stayed, I could have made the commute. Tough finding any place similar to this, awesome coworkers!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight