Lucille's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que Employee Reviews

Great mission statement and core vaues
DISTRICT SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CAApril 15, 2019
Very sloppy in execution and follow through but great vision and thought process. Too political in advancement choices rather than basing on performance. The wrong people in powerful positions and extremely top heavy. There are quite a few employees with so much passion and heart that are looked passed based on personal preference. It is unfortunate when what this company all started for is now completely in the past. Hours are very difficult when thinking of quality of life but we all know that is this industry. If the company would offer easier opportunities to take vacation or rotate weekends off, offer gym memberships or anything else it would at least show the team they matter.
sucked
Hostess, Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 9, 2019
it sucked.worst job i have ever had. would not recomend to anyone ever because it was literally the worst. the managers sucked. the only good thing was tips.
One of my favorite places I’ve worked
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 8, 2019
This was honestly an amazing company to work for. The southern hospitality culture was super strong. The only main two downfalls were the dress code policy as far as piercings and tattoos was still pretty conservative and pay. As a server I could make a lot more than during my supervising shifts. During my last few months the store was going through a lot of changes which became a little political, so to speak. If you’re dedicated, there’s opportunity for growth. It can take some time and a lot of follow through. Overall, my time here was really great. It’s a job so there’s good days and bad. But I know tons of people who still come back after time away.
Pros
Free meals for supervisors and managers, discount for other employees good
Cons
Very pushy with meal breaks
Cool place to work for.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 5, 2019
I enjoyed my employment here, however when management changed at my store, I knew it was time to go. They had a “my way or the highway” attitude, didn’t want to approve time off requests, and pretty much wanted total control of everything. The culture of the company was awesome!
Pros
Great culture. Yummy food!
Cons
It was great working there.
Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAMarch 6, 2019
Lucille’s was a great company to work for. They gave me an opportunity to grow and learn with the team there. I learned a lot and was able to master my craft and become the best server I could possibly be.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Room for growth
Great Workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAFebruary 19, 2019
Working at Lucille's was great, and really helped me polish out my serving skills. People usually don't enjoy cooperate jobs, but the way this restaurant is ran it's in best interest not only for the guests but employees as well!
Pros
Tips!
Cons
Breaks are short and fast!
Won’t be recognized for all hard work you do
Server (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 30, 2019
If you ever want to be underpaid, not appreciated, over worked, no benefits of any kind for hourly employees (only top managers), no vacation pay what so ever (only top managers), mandatory to work holidays with no holiday pay, people quitting left and right that includes servers, and kitchen crew, no rasies, everything you do and bust your behind on benefits the managers, being threatened knowing some people don’t have a voice. If that’s what you want to make a MANAGER more money PLEASE APPLY Goodworkers will get fired over employees that dont do nothing but sit on their phones. don’t work here unless you want to become an alcoholic EXPO never gets a break you need to know Spanish to be able to talk to back of the house most stressful job I had when management doesn’t care about food anymore only about their paycheck
Pros
Drinks after a work at bar Louie
Cons
Never will you get promoted or raise
Serving the best BBQ with the finest southern hospitality
Server (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJanuary 28, 2019
At Lucille's, we strive to make every experience the best. We treat our guest like family and want them to continue to come and visit us. We provide our guest with great food and a great family environment.
Come make your money
Server (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CADecember 14, 2018
If you can serve, you can make some good money here, If you can't, you're gonna get eaten alive. There's a lot to do all the time and it gets hectic, so learn quick and work hard.
Pros
Cool staff/managers $$$ is good if you're good.
Cons
You don't get weekends off. Ever.
Fast pace and stressful
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CADecember 13, 2018
It’s a great place to work, but it’s super stressful. You do a lot of work for little pay. Moving up positions is very difficult. Very friendly place.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
No benefits, low pay
ZERO stars, terrible management, just terrible.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 28, 2018
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
Managers only think about themselves (greed)
Fast pace and family orientated
Closing Bartender (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 12, 2018
I worked at Lucille's for 3 years. I started at the Lucille's in Temecula then transferred to the Lucille's in Torrance. Both of these locations have amazing managers. They actually care about their employees and what they are going through... Felt like family and I miss them dearly :}
Worked here a long time ago, but have fond memories
Server (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 12, 2018
I was a member of the original hiring team. Corporate sent very knowledgeable trainers and established a very fun working environment for all employees.
very fun, loud, enthusiastic work environment.
Server (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAOctober 24, 2018
I had so much fun at this job, very challenging at times but we were one big family and we all worked and helped each other out so well. the only downside to this job was the mandatory holiday hours we had to work.
Pros
discounts
Cons
mandatory holiday work
It is good
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 23, 2018
Great stepping stone for working in the resturant industry they are very vey structured and strict but you can also make a living also as well as advance in your career if you want to go into management
Fast paced, fine dining environment, with a strong customer following.
Server (Former Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 26, 2018
Lucille's was a good first job to have. The management treated all their employees like family and were very concerned with our personal development. The work place skills and etiquette I learned here were invaluable to me.
Pros
Fun working environment. Family feel.
Cons
Rapid expansion caused them to cut corners.
Just no
Server (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CASeptember 11, 2018
This place was so corporate that it made my head hurt. The dress code has been a little more relaxed since I worked there but that doesn't change the micromanagement that oozes out of every manager.
boring job
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Concord, CASeptember 10, 2018
This was a very un-enjoyable job. Extremely stressful. Management lacked basic organizational skills. Customers often complained due to the kitchen often messed up orders.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short shifts
Fun
5 Star Server (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 10, 2018
Looking to make money quickly and pursue different opportunities while maintaining a partime job.
Fast paced with fabulous people to work.
A diverse demographic with a desire for great BBQ.
Pros
Food Discounts and free biscuits!
Cons
No room for advancement.
Great peers!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CASeptember 5, 2018
Lucille's has a great working environment with the staff always eager to lend a hand. Sadly the only default is with management and their obvious favoritism with certain people. Therefor is you fell like it is something you can live with Go for it!
Pros
With your lunch break you get half off from the menu
Cons
Only get 30 min for lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lucille's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que. Our community is ready to answer.