Lucky's Market
68Average

Lucky's Market Employee Reviews

United States485 reviews
Laid back dress code. Friendly people, fast pace work, great variety of meats, deli, and bakery. Popular with public. Was very sad to see it close probably the best job I had.
the closing of our branch made a lot of us in the community sad, but while working there I had a great time. It had a diverse group of employees (friends) that I miss working with.
Pros
employee discount was great.
Cons
management had a hard time keeping regular hours for workers.
good and i want to work their again but all the employees right there are nice and sweet ahh i miss them the market is clean all the boss are very nice and friendly
Room for advancement. Older workers retiring soon. excellent union benefits including health benefits.
Union rep is very supportive

Managers are very supportive and positive
Pros
Cons
Rude clerks. Just one in particular
Terrible hr department and they went bankrupt. They sold off most of their company. Poorly ran spent way to much on external store support and travel.
Pros
Pay
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
LUCKYS is racist asf and if you can’t deal with smells when ur pregnant they don’t give a rats as. Go work for target or Walmart even I’m sure they will make your life less of a living nightmare
There was so many different kind of people but we are ALL equal, I loved all of my coworkers and everyone was so nice and loving you couldn’t tell them no.
Store management, regional management in a good ole boys club. Fortunately I've learned my mistakes and this company has taught me a lot about identifying red flags. Lots of smoke and mirrors.
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Work life balance, integrity, corporate managment
I loved working there clean and friendly environment. I was always happy to come to work everyday. The staff were friendly and the customer service was outstanding.
worked me like a dog, no help! on my own always even when it was very busy, pay was way too low for what i did for that store, my manager was the only thing good, too bad the store closed.
Pros
20% off grocery
Cons
hours
Over work team members, under pay, and bad ownership. Change procedures and policies frequently, ask employees to do things they don’t know how to do themselves.
Pros
Cons
Terrible ownership
The location I worked for was awful. ALL employees and ALL managers had cliques. I was re entering the workforce after 3 years of staying home taking care of my chronically ill infant. I have a culinary degree and I worked in the back in the kitchen area. I frequently walked in on or walked past managers speaking poorly about me to hourly employees. I was frequently made to do things that I was not only uncomfortable with but also were against company policy I was undervalued and also treated in a manner that was extremely unprofessional. I was not allowed to help other departments in the store except produce which is where I worked.
Pros
Decent shopping atmosphere
Cons
Every aspect of employment
Amazing co workers and managers. I enjoyed my time there and definitely felt like I had room to advance, but decided to look into a different direction as far as work goes.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
The store was recently taken over by another company, which is hiring new workers at lesser wages, with the plan being to replace those who "make too much money". The store director micromanages everything.
They close down so I hav no choice but everything was perfect at it if I ever I chance to work with them agai I will Luckys was the perfect company’s to work for on every angle
Luckys market was a great company to work for. I loved working there and was proud to be apart of it. Always friendly empty and it often felt like home.
Given its a health food store you can imagine what kind of people would come in, but we had more than one demographic. We had people come in from all over the world and it was interesting learning what kind of food and culture they all had.
Besides going bankrupt and putting thousands out of work, their management selection process was questionable. Pay scale was unbalanced, and not enough training for how many stores were opening. They lost site of their culture when they had other company’s “leadership” in management roles.
Pros
I always got the money I wanted
Cons
Couldn’t trust anyone to do anything for you
Good them and people
The Waterhouse is good condition
The environment is decent but the commute to and from work can be difficult because of the distance and the hours given as well which can be difficult to hold to since it's a distance away.
The management at Lucky's Market Winter Park was very unorganized and training was obsolete. Upon initial employment there was talk of a healthy working environment and thorough training of which never took place.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lucky's Market. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
1.9Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
1.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight