Lucky's Market Employee Reviews

Overall laid back atmosphere
Produce Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IASeptember 11, 2018
I would recommend this company to a friend if they were a good fit for the company. I do not believe the store I worked at directly reflects the company itself, but the store I worked at needs new management, if not already taken place. Bad politics at this store.
productive place were you can shop and walk with beer
Produce Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 11, 2018
good place to work fast paced management is ok the work culture is great just bad mangement the enjoyable part of it was me working produce i love fruits and veggies
Great Place to Work
FRONT END ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 10, 2018
Great place to work if you're in high school looking for some extra cash. Not good to work if you are depending on it to live off of. Great people and work environment but just horrible pay and hours.
Pros
Great management, great co-workers, great discounts
Cons
Pay and hours.
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 9, 2018
best part working with really nice pep[;e helpful and encouraging the hardest part memorizing all the plu codes. check in cashier check out they provide an excellent product employees are knowledgeable helpful to customers believe in giving back to community with donations aware of environment with bag tokens
Pros
great people
Cons
not enough work hours
fun, easy going place to work
FRONT END CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MT 59801September 3, 2018
Lucky's overall is a fantastic place to work.
Nice, clean, well taken care of store.
Fantastic discounts on food and alcohol.
The other employees and the management is super.
On the downside, the pay was quite low, and there is not enough available hours to work.
Pros
discounts, flexible schedules
Cons
lack of available hours to work
seeking sales or customer service
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 22, 2018
I'm looking to gain some on the job type experience while I'm working for a growing company. One that seeks to promote from within the current working environment.
Unique Grocery Atmosphere with Awesome Team Members!
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 22, 2018
Lucky's Market, as with most any retail jobs, posed its challenges but was an overall great place to work. The hours can be somewhat demanding, particularly for supervisory positions, but this fact is also typical of the general retail atmosphere. Lucky's Market in South Boulder has a great management team who truly listens to their Team Members and customers for shaping the store.
Pros
Discounts, Benefits, People
Cons
Hours, Staffing
Its a fun place.
Bagger (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAAugust 21, 2018
Its very nice and clean.All the people here are very nice and helpful but only bad thing is the salary is low and they make you work more than you supposed too.
Not horrible
Full-Time Grocery Team Member (Current Employee) –  West Melbourne, FL 32904August 9, 2018
Getting promoted has nothing to do with the work you do but how well you can suck up to the store director and asd’s. Trying to run the store like he did at winn dixie
Terrible Workplace
Employee (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 3, 2018
Hated working here it was very stressful we were asked to work illegal hours and were demanded to work shifts as long as 16 hours straight. Felt like legal slavery imo.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Not worth it
Very enlightening on how the grocery business is.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jackson, WYAugust 2, 2018
Lucky's Market was a great place for me to get my first job, I learned how to become a team member and how to better serve customers. Which helped me understand the workings of grocery stores.
Not a good job
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAAugust 1, 2018
I did not like working at Luckys because everyone was so judge mental. The managers were never understanding and no one was ever happy to be at work. Most of the employees were sweet but others were just disrespectful.
Fun at first but poorly managed
FRONT END SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 31, 2018
I started as a cashier at Lucky's and really enjoyed the company's emphasis on community initiatives and the interaction with customers. When I became a supervisor I realized how poorly the management operates. Raises and promotions are not merit based and supervisors are given too much responsibility without proper compensation.
Culture changed
Liquor Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 22, 2018
Was great, became horrible. Upper management is awful, team members are not treated well. Corners being cut with every new store opening.

Some stores have also gone downhill with produce standards.
Expect to have your hours cut severely
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 19, 2018
If you take part in the opening of a new store, expect to be wildly courted as a new employee...and then dumped. You will find this mentioned in nearly every review. Not sure why they think this is a good strategy, but it is very painful to watch. Those left will be expected to work twice as hard, and morale absolutely plummets. The store starts looking shabby, and customer service begins to dissolve. Its fun to work there in ways, but don't count on it if you are supporting yourself...or a family.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Slashing of hours and opportunities after initial opening
Not at all a good place to work !
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLJuly 15, 2018
This place promises a whole lot of lies! As someone who helped open the store, I was treated poorly. After the initial opening they cut everyone even full time employees hours to the bare minimum. Many people asked and were told it was the higher ups decision. I do not expect anyone to stay there with as much as they promised us when they hired us. If you are just looking to make a couple hundred bucks every two weeks then this is your place but if you have a family to take care of. This is not the place to go.
close to my residences
Cafe Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 14, 2018
Not what I was led to believe on my interview turnover was very high many inexperienced workers with poor work habits. Not enough consistency from management. They seemed to be profitable only when staff was kept at a minimum
Pros
fine products
Horrible place to work.
front end (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FLJuly 8, 2018
Do not work here unless you are absolutely desperate. I have worked here at Lucky's the last 4 months and I'm actively looking for a new job. This is one of the worst places I have ever worked. If you don't mind working like a dog, being under paid and short staffed, having your hours cut TREMENDOUSLY and having inexperienced very young managers running the show then by all means APPLY! But if you are looking for communication, organization, recognition, honesty, fairness, bosses that will treat you with respect, then keep searching. You won't find anything positive working here. Only positive thing I can think of is are some of my co-workers. And they are quitting left and right so soon I won't have anything positive to say. They promise you the world in the beginning but it doesn't take long to be disenchanted VERY quickly. My warning to you, do not work here.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
management, pay, lack of hours, lack of staff, I can go on and on
productive
Journeyman Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 21, 2018
I come in Clock the Time Clock. First find a schedule find my name, find out who the Manager is on duty after counting my Cash Till. Ask them what is expected of Me throughout the day, and do it joyfully.
Pros
Salary, paid weekly
Cons
Hard work
Growing Company
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 14, 2018
Lucky's Market is a new growing business. They are still working out kinks with growing a company. I like a fast paced environment and guidelines, Lucky's is a little more relaxed on that aspect. They are getting better with what is to be expected. As I said a baby company. But overall, decent company to work for.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Some upper management can be difficult to work with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lucky's Market. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight