Lucky's Market Employee Reviews

Nicely located neighborhood grocer, badly needed.
cashier (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 11, 2019
High hopes for this corporation, but so far the operation is mediocre at best. They put profits before people. No pride in how the store looks (filthy hot bar & salad bar) which floor managers ignore. Staff is not trained to be friendly and professional, I’ve actually witnessed customers being treated badly. Too much drama. Immature supervisors. Community deserves much better. Customers are great. There is chatter that the company plans to pull the plug on Cleveland & leave.
Pros
Community asset in terms of need for grocer
Cons
Pay is horrible
Worst Job I have ever had!
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 13, 2019
Horrible Company to work for! The home office is a complete joke! The Supervision is terrible! This company treats the employees worst they any place I have ever worked! I am so sorry to the employees that I hired to be part of the Lucky's team! I worked about 2 months and knew this was not for me! Everybody in the store hated coming to work! I quit and right behind me the entire management team did the same!
Pros
Cons
Poorly Managed Company! Supervision should be ashamed!
Management and Employees are cool People
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 14, 2018
The only problem is that since the Management does not provide training to its employee's and just throws them in and then harangue you if you did not make the store look absolutely perfect( depending on the Managers point of view of perfect ) Very inconsistent work hours and if your scheduled for say a 2 - 5 hour shift they expect you to work like you have an 8 - 12 hour shift. Favoritism is prevalent at the store and once you get on a managers bad side there is no forward progress for you no matter how small the mistake you made was.
Pros
Good Atmosphere, Good employees
Cons
Inconsistent Hours, No Training Given, Slave Labor
Love the job not the hours
Brooks St. - Cashier (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTNovember 29, 2018
This job has the best people you will ever work with such great attitudes and all and all great people but my only concerns are our hours. I’ve constantly stood up and said i can whatever you guys throw me for hours but they just never get around to it. So basically a great place to work but not a good place to work if you are trying to live pay check to pay check
Pros
Great Co-workers and awesome enviroment
Cons
Not enough hours
Very disappointing
Bulk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 14, 2018
This company sounded like they have a good idea and a nice store but it’s ran very poorly. The management is terrible and instead of lending a hand they just stand around and point fingers. Don’t expect to advance unless you kiss up to managers. I was being harassed by another team leader and they did nothing. The pay is low for the amount of stress that they put on your shoulders. Overall terrible experience with this company.
Pros
Getting to travel to new stores
Cons
Constantly harassed by management and HR does nothing.
Front end cashier
Customer Service Front-End Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 3, 2018
I was hired by Lucky's 6 months ago as they were opening a new store. The company hired a tremendous amount of people (including cashiers and courtesy clerks, baggers) and gave two weeks of training.

While working the initial opening we had plenty of cashiers and assistance with bagging, giving us plenty of part-time hours and help. Then after a couple of months, they cut everyone's hours and took away bagging assistance, thus slowing up lines and basically making the job back breaking, VERY DECEPTIVE.

Lucky's has a philosophy that cashiers should also preform customer service duties as well ( rain-checks, returns, etc..) and this slows up lines as well.
Pros
Relaxed dress
Cons
Technical department is terrible. Too little pay for what you have to do.
Productive Workplace with good atmosphere
Front End Cashier, Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32817November 13, 2018
A typical day at Lucky's Market is good, can be busy some days and slow on other days. I gained a lot of social skills working here, and the workplace culture is very good. The hardest part of the job personally is dealing with occasional rude customers, and frequent favoritism between management and employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet while working here, and the energy most people bring to work.
Pros
Discount on products
Amazing coworkers, horrible company
Culinary (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 27, 2018
No direction, unmeetable standards, malicious managers. Luckys is typically a carefree environment with wonderful coworkers (a few creeps added in). If you like chaos and being overworked with very little pay, you will LOVE working at luckys market!! Hopefully, if you choose to work here you won't get to meet the dictator. I've spent over two years of my life with this company, I've seen the best and the worst of it and the bad outweighs the good.
Pros
20% discount on NON SALE items (barely any) & great people
Cons
Management & pay
Decent job worse management
Calinary team member (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COOctober 19, 2018
Clock in see what mess you walk into .start working doing dishes and Rotisserie chickens which are actually baked chickens because we Don’t have a rotisserie oven.go to Management about a problem they don’t do much about it unless your on there butt about it.When they hire it’s mostly for the deli and not the kitchen where we need it. Schedule always something wrong with it. It’s a sinking ship. Most of my coworkers are cool for the most part untel they start being disrespectful and not taking ownership of there mistakes pretty chill job just a lot of issues
Pros
Hours for full time discount people
Cons
Management work load
cuts your hours drastically
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 9, 2018
They started out hiring 100 plus people for opening, but afterward cut hours drastically every week, even during holidays. I haven't had any hours for many weeks, and they say it's because of hour cuts. The working environment is good, but I've seen some managers be non professional, or too strict.
Pros
Good Salary, Nice Managers
Cons
No hours
disorganized and ill-managed
Bakery/ Culinary Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ellisville, MOOctober 28, 2018
Heavy workload, and minimal training. conflict of interest between managers made working up to expectation a confusing task. At one point was expected to cover an entire department alone open to close with no help, when the department runs on no less than three people.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
no holidays, disorganized
Fun enviroment
Pizza maker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 2, 2018
The place was fun,i had a great time working there. If you are looking for a job that isnt to stressful or to either then luckys is for you,people are nice,customers can be a somewhat pain from time to time,but it isnt frequent enough for someone to really notice it,they are very strict on management but dont overwhelm people with it. And strict on being on time and doing the job
its a good job
Bakery Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32837December 27, 2018
i work in the bakery, Lucky im full time. its a good place to work. they could pay more, but its not bad. the work isnt hard as long as you have common sence. just dont be late to work they are hard on that, ware what you want or they give you t shirts. People are great, ceo great, Colorado help Great.
Pros
lots of opertunities
Cons
managment
Unique Grocery Atmosphere with Awesome Team Members!
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 22, 2018
Lucky's Market, as with most any retail jobs, posed its challenges but was an overall great place to work. The hours can be somewhat demanding, particularly for supervisory positions, but this fact is also typical of the general retail atmosphere. Lucky's Market in South Boulder has a great management team who truly listens to their Team Members and customers for shaping the store.
Pros
Discounts, Benefits, People
Cons
Hours, Staffing
Can be fun but mostly stressful
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 8, 2018
I'm responsible maintaining a certain margin and keeping the salesfloor full but with little to no back stock. There is a lot of pressure to have perfect conditions. I was once given a write-up for a moldy apple. Ultimately, I left because I was tired of fearing for my job every single day.
They just didn't seem to care about the infrastructure or employees
Produce Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, MOJanuary 7, 2019
This entire company has thrown the vast majority of its Mission, Vision, and Values out the window when it comes to how they choose to treat their employees. We don't smoke the bacon anymore, the meat will all be prepacked soon, and I hear that self checkout is on the way. This doesn't fall inline with the mission of the company that hired me three years ago.
If you keep trying to compete with everyone else you only get a little better than whatever you are in competition with. If you want to actually get better than you should be competing with yourself to be better than you were yesterday. This place is a cookie cutter version of several of its competitors. It will stay that way because of the lack of forethought and proper infrastructure. Your success is Florida has left everyone else behind and I only hope that I am here long enough to get the severance package when you shut down this location.
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 9, 2018
best part working with really nice pep[;e helpful and encouraging the hardest part memorizing all the plu codes. check in cashier check out they provide an excellent product employees are knowledgeable helpful to customers believe in giving back to community with donations aware of environment with bag tokens
Pros
great people
Cons
not enough work hours
fun, easy going place to work
FRONT END CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MT 59801September 3, 2018
Lucky's overall is a fantastic place to work.
Nice, clean, well taken care of store.
Fantastic discounts on food and alcohol.
The other employees and the management is super.
On the downside, the pay was quite low, and there is not enough available hours to work.
Pros
discounts, flexible schedules
Cons
lack of available hours to work
Expect to have your hours cut severely
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 19, 2018
If you take part in the opening of a new store, expect to be wildly courted as a new employee...and then dumped. You will find this mentioned in nearly every review. Not sure why they think this is a good strategy, but it is very painful to watch. Those left will be expected to work twice as hard, and morale absolutely plummets. The store starts looking shabby, and customer service begins to dissolve. Its fun to work there in ways, but don't count on it if you are supporting yourself...or a family.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Slashing of hours and opportunities after initial opening
Not at all a good place to work !
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLJuly 15, 2018
This place promises a whole lot of lies! As someone who helped open the store, I was treated poorly. After the initial opening they cut everyone even full time employees hours to the bare minimum. Many people asked and were told it was the higher ups decision. I do not expect anyone to stay there with as much as they promised us when they hired us. If you are just looking to make a couple hundred bucks every two weeks then this is your place but if you have a family to take care of. This is not the place to go.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lucky's Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight