Lucky Brand Employee Reviews

Excellent on local level
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJSeptember 26, 2018
I've worked at two different Lucky Brand locations, and I've had a wonderful experience at each store. Overall, the corporate culture is inclusive and positive.

As a supervisor, I performed general management tasks such as customer service, evaluating sales metrics, training new associates, merchandising, ordering supplies, inventory, etc.

Like most retail positions, the store manager sets the tone for the store. I am grateful to have worked under three separate store managers, each of which has provided for employees, boosted store morale, and focused on positive reinforcement. Once things move up the the district or regional level, my enthusiasm becomes cautious. They are certainly in line with the company's mission, but I often feel put too much stock in sales numbers instead of intangible measures such as customer service/satisfaction, cleanliness, professionalism, etc. Again, though, the support from my store manager more than compensates for that.

The customer base at Lucky is generally relaxed, kind, and open - a noted contrast from many other retail positions I have worked. I rarely experience any major customer service dilemmas or "angry" clients.

Corporate has placed a heavy emphasis on a newly launched, high-interest credit card, with the expectation that staff have a certain quota of customers apply per day.
Pros
Excellent discount, kind and effective managers, consistent standards
Cons
Low pay, no benefits
would not refer this company
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 10, 2018
Several different managers, worked there 3 years received less than $.50 raise annually was told "better than nothing" 4-8 hours weekly. No benefits.
Pros
terrible pay, few hours, bad management, high turnover
Cons
sick pay, 75% discount
Money driven. Inhumane management/corporate policies.
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 24, 2018
Incompetent management. Stressful work for little pay. Assistant manager is narcissistic and ego driven. Making up lies to higher-ups, ultimately sabotaging others from moving up within the company. Company lacks empathy or compassion for sick employees. Typical money driven corporate company with zero respect for hard working employees. Nightmare of a place to work.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Ego driven assistant manager. Inhumane corporate policies.
Fun and productive workplace
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 2, 2018
Build on sales with your denim knowledge. Can get competitive but always fun atmosphere. ....................................i don't know what else to write it asks for 150 minimum characters. !!!!! Am I done here?
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No benefits as part time employee
Productive and Fun Environment
Full-time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 25, 2018
Love working for Lucky! The management is great, pay is decent although not commission based sales, and lots of opportunity for advancement. The employee discount is killer and the employees are always upbeat and excited to go to work!
Money Driven
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAOctober 29, 2018
Working as a Supervisor at Lucky Brand was a very rewarding job. Not only did I have the opportunity to advance my managerial skills, but enjoyed the team I started with. The downside is the company is very money driven and can be, for lack of a better term, "cutthroat" if the employee was not producing.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Competitive
Great company that cares deeply about following their mission
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, COAugust 2, 2018
I actually really enjoy working for Lucky Brand. The managers are all great, and the day to day isn't bad. Workload is pretty normal for a retail job. Product is nice and good quality. I am looking to leave because I want a normal desk job, 9-5, Monday through Friday to better fit into my lifestyle and needs.
Pros
Great employee discount, good company culture
Cons
As with any retail, lot's of nights, weekends, and holidays
Great Place to Work for Young Store Managers
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJune 29, 2018
Great place to work for store managers early on in their career. No career advancement above Store Manager. Offers a flexible work-life balance with support from District Managers.
Loved working there!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 5, 2018
Management was great! As a sales associate, the working environment was competitive, however, everyone was always willing to help one another improve sales.
Lucky Brand Part-Time Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 20, 2018
Had an excellent experience until holiday transition of new LP (loss prevention). Major technical issues with register system as well as ordering processes. Sales change frequently at Lucky Brand and the system was incapable of recognizing price changes. Red flagged for several transactions due to the error even though I had clearance for over-ride. Employees were great to work with but several store manager shifts made adjustment mandatory for the team, causing stress levels to increase. DM was a bit self-absorbed and played favorites but was rather productive in their job (frequent visits, conference calls, emails). Enjoyed the discount (phenomenal compared to most) and the hours were decent until post-holiday. Even as key holder, I wouldn't get more than 20 hours a week. Pay is great as well. Overall, I would recommend anyone to give Lucky Brand a shot.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Hours, Technical Support, Turn-Over
Stressful environment with some managers being quite rude
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2018
Some of the managers were very rude and not very understanding with some of their staff. They refused to work with schedules that they said were fine before hiring and often were very short with their staff.
Pros
Free shirts for working holidays
Cons
poor management, stressful environment and difficult hours.
Payroll Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 23, 2018
Management is all new here and they need a lot of work. They need to manage the politics in a way that every one feels knowledge. Compensations are not as competitive as other industries but I think that is due to the retail industry. Management needs a lot of work here.
Pros
family oriented
Energetic and fun work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLOctober 1, 2018
One of my all time favorite jobs. Great management and staff. Company prides itself on making sales team knowledgeable of products and selling techniques and strategies so everyone feels comfortable when working with customers to give them the best possible shopping experience.
Chill workplace
Customer Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSMay 1, 2018
Mostly a cool place to work. No opportunities for advancement. There were unreal expectations for conversion and sales. Typical work day included stressing over conversion numbers and reporting to upper management about how your sales were going that day and why.
Fun on the clock!!!
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 4, 2018
What's not to ask for...working with great product in a fun environment. On average moral stays high, and upper management supports new ideas and best practices to be rolled out company wide.
Pros
Occupational growth on a store/ field level.
Cons
If you are not a good planner, don't plan on being successful here.
Lucky Brand elevated my sales skills.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAOctober 4, 2018
I was at Lucky Brand for 6 1/2 years. I was a stylist that specialized in fitting men and women into the perfect fit jeans. My customers were alway very happy with their purchases. Some customers couldn’t believe that they would be able to be fitted in the perfect jeans. They would look 10lbs lighter when they looked in the mirror. It made me so happy to make my customers happy that they would always come back to see me.
Pros
Lucky elevated my sales skills.
Cons
They did not pay well, especially frustrating when I was top sales person and very reliable.
Flexible and fun work environment
Supervisor and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAOctober 5, 2017
The time I spent at Lucky Brand was enjoyable. Management was very flexible with scheduling to accommodate the hectic schedules of college students. I was offered several raises, and promotions while I was there. Chances to advance within the company were there for anyone willing to work hard, and take initiative. Overall, I would say Lucky Brand is an excellent company for students or people searching for part time jobs with flexible hours.
Pros
Discounts!
Cons
full time hours are rarely possible for associates.
productive and fun
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 5, 2018
For the short amount of time I've been working at Lucky Brand I've had no complaints. The staff is very friendly. Management is friendly and helpful. Although I've only worked there for a very short amount of time, I really cant say anything bad about the store of place of work. Its been very nice and the store is very organized.
Was great at first. But then.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 15, 2018
At first I was really exited to work there. The managers were really nice and provided me with jobs that were at my skill level. I was hired before the holidays rolled around. And I had a pretty positive. Then everything started detreating. During the holidays everyone was overworked. There were day's when I had to stay 2 or 3 hours after closing. They also weren't really accommodating to my expected work hours. After the holiday madness shifts started getting cut. I got down to working once a week if I was lucky. I learned that the management in the location I worked at was pretty horrible. Other associated worked a full week. while others were cut off. There is no balance in work hours between workers, it's either someone gets more than they can take, or others don't get enough, or don't get any.
Pros
Easy shifts, Short hours, friendly smiles.
Cons
lack of hours, overwhelming amount of hours, no regular pay, unfair treatment, unfair expectations, short break times.
Great Place to Work
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 19, 2018
Loved working at Lucky Brand. Very competitive in making the numbers you are required to bring in weekly. Favorite thing about the job are the discounts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lucky Brand. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight