Lucky Brand Employee Reviews

Awesome for a great seller
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 17, 2018
I was taught how to sell properly and how to process daily numbers. Its a great learning environment and for the right type of seller can be a great place to flourish.
Depends on Your Store
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Byron Center, MIJune 15, 2018
Company itself is continually backtracking and "trying new things" unfortunately nothing ever works and most days everyone on the store level is convinced that corporate is nothing more than a group of people divided in two, issuing commands and establishing protocol all while it's blatantly obvious that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
It’s was great learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 6, 2018
Open register ,organizer the store making sure everything was stock up , greet customer as they came in giving the best customer services and make sure they’re happy .
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Late hours
Temp. Assistant
Temporary Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 27, 2018
Temp. assistant
-It was enjoyable setting up the store
-The clothing was nice
-Good discount 40% off
-Average retail sales position
-Not commission based, but still required to meet sales goals
Work culture
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMay 22, 2018
The store was left to fend for itself, no support from regional and home office. In one year, the store went through 4 store manger s and countless staff and management.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low pay
Lucky Brand Part-Time Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 20, 2018
Had an excellent experience until holiday transition of new LP (loss prevention). Major technical issues with register system as well as ordering processes. Sales change frequently at Lucky Brand and the system was incapable of recognizing price changes. Red flagged for several transactions due to the error even though I had clearance for over-ride. Employees were great to work with but several store manager shifts made adjustment mandatory for the team, causing stress levels to increase. DM was a bit self-absorbed and played favorites but was rather productive in their job (frequent visits, conference calls, emails). Enjoyed the discount (phenomenal compared to most) and the hours were decent until post-holiday. Even as key holder, I wouldn't get more than 20 hours a week. Pay is great as well. Overall, I would recommend anyone to give Lucky Brand a shot.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Hours, Technical Support, Turn-Over
Incredible Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 2, 2018
Lucky Brand is a clothing company with a focused and unique brand when it comes to both their style and their company culture. They truly value people, and that is apparent through their focus on excellent customer service, and through their prioritizing of hiring quality employees and promoting a fun and happy environment for those employees.
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Chill workplace
Customer Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSMay 1, 2018
Mostly a cool place to work. No opportunities for advancement. There were unreal expectations for conversion and sales. Typical work day included stressing over conversion numbers and reporting to upper management about how your sales were going that day and why.
Great start in retail
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYApril 23, 2018
I enjoyed my time at lucky and was promoted from within to key holder. Management was good but could have been better. Sales associates were a bit of a revolving door. Great product and employee discounts.
productive and laid back
Supervisor /Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 17, 2018
Employees arrive at their scheduled time and work the floor or the stock room. Management was very laid back and internal management problems weren't projected onto the part-time employees.
Fun and fast paced
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJApril 16, 2018
The envinorment overall was very exciting and fast paced. Great managers who were understanding and caring, willing to train you and help you reach goals.
Pros
Fill your fridge at work for meeting goals
Loved the management and customers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2018
• Handled all merchandising, inventory control, ordering, monetary control and maintenance.
• Oversaw store opening and closing procedures.
• Directed sales floor activities, assisted customers with purchases and addressed any problems.
• Input data to prepare daily sales reports using weekly and monthly data.
• Hired, trained and coordinated staff.

Management was great, but they were very commission driven.
It was at an upper class mall but the people (everyone) was down to earth.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
I needed more hours
Very productive, laid back, and extremely fun environment
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTApril 6, 2018
Working at lucky brand allowed me to challange myself in going above and beyond for the customer in a fun, laid back, environment with a great management team.
A pure fashion brand
VP, UX AND CONTENT (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 5, 2018
Great passion internally and partnered with amazing people.. The Chairman of the parent company was beyond impressive and a genius. I would recommend it to people interested in fashion.. great learning.
Pros
Fashion forward
Cons
wholesale mentality was strong.
Part-time
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAApril 1, 2018
Lucky is a great first job experience. If you get lucky, sometimes you'll like everyone on staff. Unfortunately there is such a high turnover rate that it hardly ever happens for long. Sonetimes you will get new workers who are very catty and start a sort of click but for the most part it's not so bad. Because of the high turnover rate and because corporate keeps changing how the store setup and folding should be done the store hardly ever looks the same or is folded down properly. I've stayed at lucky for a while now and it is only for the discount, you do not get paid anything above minimum wage as an associate. Also, a pro and con to working at lucky is that most shifts are about 4- 6 hours max if you're not management. I work about 4 hours or less a week because I can only work one weekend day a week (Friday is not considered a weekend). The problem with this is that I can work during the week but corporate has implemented a new policy where associates are not allowed to work during the week (at most one associate can work during the week) this is because the amount of hours they're allowed to give on payroll so I usually only work one day a week, if that. Also, the only incentive to working at lucky is the amazing discount. Because that is the only incentive a lot of people tend to call off or show up late because no one really cares. Management for the most part is very encouraging of us to meet our sales goals but there is no incentive whether you do or don't hit your goal. If you don't have any style and want to look to up your game a bit this is a good place to work,  more... because they expect you to layer up and be able to create looks for both males and females so that is a pro. In all lucky is a good place to work if you don't need the money and only want the discount.  less
Pros
Discount, fun co-workers, flexible schedule
Cons
Pay, breaks, click groups
Was great at first. But then.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 15, 2018
At first I was really exited to work there. The managers were really nice and provided me with jobs that were at my skill level. I was hired before the holidays rolled around. And I had a pretty positive. Then everything started detreating. During the holidays everyone was overworked. There were day's when I had to stay 2 or 3 hours after closing. They also weren't really accommodating to my expected work hours. After the holiday madness shifts started getting cut. I got down to working once a week if I was lucky. I learned that the management in the location I worked at was pretty horrible. Other associated worked a full week. while others were cut off. There is no balance in work hours between workers, it's either someone gets more than they can take, or others don't get enough, or don't get any.
Pros
Easy shifts, Short hours, friendly smiles.
Cons
lack of hours, overwhelming amount of hours, no regular pay, unfair treatment, unfair expectations, short break times.
Great company
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 13, 2018
I was with Lucky Brand for & years and worked in 3 of there location and helped open up 2 locations Great team all through out the District I highly Recommend working here
Very relaxed environment. It’s easy to work at Lucky Brand. You have to be willing to clean a lot and make sure everything looks perfect.
Part Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAMarch 5, 2018
I personally think that this company is good. The team is good. My hours are flexible and the managers help me out a lot. The customers that come in here are regular customers and most of them are really nice.
Pros
Good employee discount. Good team.
Cons
It’s very slow. Store task, such as shipment and cleaning, are a lot.
Lack of respect from upper management and corporate
Multi Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2018
Nothing really positive to say. It's retail with unrealistic goals when the product line does not represent "American" denim especially when it's made in other countries. Management is only focused on business and not the actual people who work for the company.
Pros
discounts, wear jeans to work
Cons
no room for growth, company is closing stores, product line does not rep represent the brand anymore, low pay, high expectations, disrespectful management, work every holiday plus the day before and after
Meh
Visual Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 4, 2018
I was young and it was just a part time gig. They treated the management horribly! Jeans were of great material so it is easy to sell the merchandise.
Pros
Cothing
Cons
hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lucky Brand. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight