Lucky Brand Employee Reviews

Lucky Brand elevated my sales skills.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAOctober 4, 2018
I was at Lucky Brand for 6 1/2 years. I was a stylist that specialized in fitting men and women into the perfect fit jeans. My customers were alway very happy with their purchases. Some customers couldn’t believe that they would be able to be fitted in the perfect jeans. They would look 10lbs lighter when they looked in the mirror. It made me so happy to make my customers happy that they would always come back to see me.
Pros
Lucky elevated my sales skills.
Cons
They did not pay well, especially frustrating when I was top sales person and very reliable.
Energetic and fun work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLOctober 1, 2018
One of my all time favorite jobs. Great management and staff. Company prides itself on making sales team knowledgeable of products and selling techniques and strategies so everyone feels comfortable when working with customers to give them the best possible shopping experience.
Excellent on local level
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJSeptember 26, 2018
I've worked at two different Lucky Brand locations, and I've had a wonderful experience at each store. Overall, the corporate culture is inclusive and positive.

As a supervisor, I performed general management tasks such as customer service, evaluating sales metrics, training new associates, merchandising, ordering supplies, inventory, etc.

Like most retail positions, the store manager sets the tone for the store. I am grateful to have worked under three separate store managers, each of which has provided for employees, boosted store morale, and focused on positive reinforcement. Once things move up the the district or regional level, my enthusiasm becomes cautious. They are certainly in line with the company's mission, but I often feel put too much stock in sales numbers instead of intangible measures such as customer service/satisfaction, cleanliness, professionalism, etc. Again, though, the support from my store manager more than compensates for that.

The customer base at Lucky is generally relaxed, kind, and open - a noted contrast from many other retail positions I have worked. I rarely experience any major customer service dilemmas or "angry" clients.

Corporate has placed a heavy emphasis on a newly launched, high-interest credit card, with the expectation that staff have a certain quota of customers apply per day.
Pros
Excellent discount, kind and effective managers, consistent standards
Cons
Low pay, no benefits
Productive fun place to work.
Sales Associate/Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 24, 2018
It’s a great place to work because of the teamwork, the love for the company and the clothing in order to provide a great customer service and fel a customer that he really is at Lucky Brand.
Pros
Free Lunches, great price quality clothing
Cons
Short breaks
Stable and fast-paced work environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 10, 2018
Working at Lucky Brand was a better retail experience than I have previously had. My manager was amazing at scheduling and balancing hours with all the real-life situations that arise. Overall, it was a good working experiencing, though pay could have been better. However, that was a corporate decision and not one that our in-store manager had much control over.
Fun on the clock!!!
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 4, 2018
What's not to ask for...working with great product in a fun environment. On average moral stays high, and upper management supports new ideas and best practices to be rolled out company wide.
Pros
Occupational growth on a store/ field level.
Cons
If you are not a good planner, don't plan on being successful here.
Sales Associate
Brand Representative/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 2, 2018
Daily goals would be provided to each employee, just to maintain a target for the store. Not only that but, the objectives would change by the hour, depending on the managers expectations.
Stressful environment with some managers being quite rude
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2018
Some of the managers were very rude and not very understanding with some of their staff. They refused to work with schedules that they said were fine before hiring and often were very short with their staff.
Pros
Free shirts for working holidays
Cons
poor management, stressful environment and difficult hours.
Focused, Driven, Fun Environment
Part Time Manager/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAAugust 22, 2018
Lucky Brand thrives on excellent customer service, good products, and a commitment to product knowledge. Regardless if you work in retail or outlet, the customer comes before the sale because it's easy to make a sale; it's difficult to get them coming back. Although working in retail can be difficult at times, Lucky Brand does what it can to treat it's employees as good as it's customers.
Pros
Great discount, good product, easy to sell
Cons
It's retail
Awesome environment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 21, 2018
I loved working here, and even though it was only for a short amount of time, I really learned a lot about what being a good sales associate means! I'd go back in a heart beat. My coworkers and managers were a joy to be around
Fun environment
Retail Supervisor and Stylist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 20, 2018
Lucky Brand was a fun and easy temporary job. Everyone was very helpful and friendly, especially the store manager. They were able to work around my schedules.
Great Place to Work
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 19, 2018
Loved working at Lucky Brand. Very competitive in making the numbers you are required to bring in weekly. Favorite thing about the job are the discounts.
Fun and productive workplace
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 2, 2018
Build on sales with your denim knowledge. Can get competitive but always fun atmosphere. ....................................i don't know what else to write it asks for 150 minimum characters. !!!!! Am I done here?
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No benefits as part time employee
Great company that cares deeply about following their mission
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, COAugust 2, 2018
I actually really enjoy working for Lucky Brand. The managers are all great, and the day to day isn't bad. Workload is pretty normal for a retail job. Product is nice and good quality. I am looking to leave because I want a normal desk job, 9-5, Monday through Friday to better fit into my lifestyle and needs.
Pros
Great employee discount, good company culture
Cons
As with any retail, lot's of nights, weekends, and holidays
Hard work for little pay
Supervising Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 1, 2018
They paid decently for it being a sales job, but you make no commission despite having sales goals and having to put forth a ton of effort into customer experience.
High end store
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 1, 2018
Lucky Brand is kind of a high end store so the people that went in there didn’t mess around and knew what they wanted to get which was a good thing because we could majority always keep the store clean and closed at a decent time.
Pros
It wasn’t a crowded store
Fun and Loved it
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 14, 2018
A lot of work and it was very fun many co workers and had no problems with any of them they were great and the manger was awesome as well..plus free food vouchers
Just Seasonal Helper
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 12, 2018
I was only a seasonal helper at lucky brand, however any time i was there i had a great experience. The team really has to pull together when it gets hectic around the holidays and I will most likely help out again in the future. As always the customers were a delight.
would not refer this company
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 10, 2018
Several different managers, worked there 3 years received less than $.50 raise annually was told "better than nothing" 4-8 hours weekly. No benefits.
Pros
terrible pay, few hours, bad management, high turnover
Cons
sick pay, 75% discount
Everyone at corporate is new to running a company.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 10, 2018
The clothes are outdated, 90% of it goes to waste as no one wants it. They have little interest in employee retention and job satisfaction. The higher ups could care less about the knowledge and experiences of the people working in their stores who have the hands on customer experiences and comments that they need to thrive.

Luckybrand is too slow to catch onto what they need to do to succeed. If a product is selling well they do not bring it back, it would seem they bring back what does not do well instead as if trying and trying again will work with product, ideas, and concepts that are already dead or dying.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lucky Brand. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight