Ludlow Public Schools Employee Reviews

Innovative and a great place to work.
SLPA (Current Employee) –  Ludlow, MAJuly 10, 2018
I love Ludlow Public Schools they offer a variety of accommodations for children of all needs. I have learned so many new innovative ways to help children grow to their potential.
Assistant Cook (Former Employee) –  Ludlow, ILJanuary 22, 2018
I loved working at the school my children go to the school. I could help choose what to make for lunch and snacks.i also loved working with the head cook she was a great lady.
Pros
Free lunches
Substitute Teacher
Daily Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ludlow, MAJanuary 3, 2018
Received a call to come into either the high school or the middle school, not always sure what subjects I would be teaching, or if the full time teacher left any instructions. Felt like a glorified baby sitter.
Pros
Kept me busy
Cons
Never knew what I'd be covering
high work demand for little pay
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Ludlow, MAMay 14, 2017
high stressful work environment, especially working with kids that are on the spectrum or with behavioral issues. pay doesn't compensate for the amount of work
Pros
Holidays & Summer's Off
Cons
Pay
Lps
Part time Elementary School Secretary (Current Employee) –  Ludlow, MAMay 1, 2017
Working at a school is always a busy, fast paced job. The management is nice and good to employees.
Enjoy working in a small office and with many different teacher
Pros
good hours
Employees were great team players
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Ludlow, MAAugust 24, 2016
Really enjoyed working there...Co-workers were great,could ask for a better team. The students were great and became close to quite a few of them..
Teaching is not just teaching it is also discipline.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ludlow, KYAugust 23, 2016
A typical day at work at school involves discipline and school work. I learned right off the start that most of your job is discipline. You don't have very much interaction with the management or principals of the school. The only management that you have to deal with is your own time and schedule.The coworkers around me are very helpful in helping me find things and just feeling more comfortable. The hardest part of the job is not the discipline but finding where many teachers put there assignments. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching those children work so hard on those assignments and I like to have lunch with my class.
Pros
Reduced lunch
Cons
Loud at first, don't like to do work
Public Education, supported Special Ed population
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Ludlow, MAJanuary 18, 2016
Follow students to classes, give emotional/social/educational support as needed to Autism spectrum population as needed throughout the school day.
I learned each students strengths and weaknesses as time went on and was able to support more effectively through this knowledge.
Provided social skills encouragement/lessons as situations arose. Helped to teach life skills at appropriate ages dictated. I enjoyed working with the population that I helped to support for many years. The hardest part of the job was being restricted by the school day itself, never enough hours in the day to get in all you wanted to do as a paraprofessional or mentor.
It's hard to work around people who see this just as a job and not fully understand that autism is a spectrum disorder. The autism population has many different strengths weaknesses and should be supported as individuals and not as a group, even when in a group. To see growth before your eyes is wonderful.
Pros
School year employment