Lukos

Working at Lukos: 14 Reviews

United States14 reviews

Great work, great co-workers and great sense of team

I really like working for Lukos. Many of the employees are former military and we have shared values, experiences and work ethic. The work is rewarding and the compensation and benefits package is excellent for this type and level of work. Working for the government can be a little frustrating at times, but we work through that as a team and get the job done.

Pros

Good location, great co-workers, engaging work

Cons

Infrequent communications from leadership to the company and individual work sites.

Fun place to work, but not consistent.

Work is fun, but not consistent. Often times a job will go to another individual as requirements may change. Last minute cancellations and changing requirements lead to uncertainty at times.

Lukos insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Love It

The company is great to work for. I am a contractor on at WPAFB. They have competitive wages and are very flexible. They communicate well with us and have paid us on bad weather days when the base was closed.

Not Bad

Was a 14 days temporary assignment. Will be able to make a better assessment once on a full time duty. From what I can see so far it is not a bad place to work.

Pros

Opportunity to do something meaningful

Cons

Temporary

Premier Defense Industry Small Buiness in Tampa

Lukos is a superb organization. Their second to none leadership enable the employees to excel. The company benefits are hard to replicate by other similar companies. Simply put the best small business defense company in the Region.

Pros

many

Helpful Management

In my time with Lukos I have found management to be communicative and helpful. My coworkers are friendly and I have enjoyed working with them. The only fly in the ointment is that these are contract positions that may end without warning.

Best contracting company to work for at USAFSAM Wright-Patterson AFB

Lukos strives to make each and every employee happy and help them advance their career. They offer a great retirement and health care package. Enough though their headquarters is located in Tampa FL, they are extremely responsive.

It's Fine

How well working for a contract company goes just depends on who you work with that isn't the company. I don't take the health insurance offered, but for some people it is a problem to have United Health Care when their doctors are in the Premier Health Network. The company seems to go through "managers" frequently though as a contractor you don't interact with them much anyways.

Pros

They have disability insurance

Cons

not the best managment

Enjoyed working with the team

Looking forward on working with this company again in the future. Very professional group of people, fun and exciting site to work at. Thank you for letting participate

Pros

Good guys to work with

Cons

Did not like the MRE

Lukos is a great company!

The previous review about SRA, should be aimed at SRA not Lukos. Lukos welcomed me into their company and treated me with respect and have allowed me to continue to support the warfighter. Great company with a fantastic management team. They gave me the freedom to support the government's mission without a lot of mandatory training or interference. Compensation and benefits are very competitive. I am a current employee and would continue to work for Lukos, but contracts do get recompeted, sorry to say. Great company, great atmosphere. The BEST!

Pros

Freedom to do your job as you see fit, Free Lunches and bonuses for recognition.

Cons

None.

Exceptionally supportive management

Work site is on MacDill AFB, so am not working side-by-side with the front office. However, wage and benefits package were all that I had hoped. Management stays abreast of what is happening on site, does not micro-manage, and quickly supports staff on emerging requirements/issues.

Pros

Direct relationship with company leadership

Cons

Can't think of any

Excellent job culture, great benefits and work/life balance.

Lukos is a small company that provides a professional atmosphere with opportunities for growth and advancement in your career. Both the President and CEO of Lukos are excellent managers and will always take time out of their busy schedules to discuss any items of concern. The benefits are great and the work/life balance is excellent.

Lukos Government Support

Lukos impressed me with a very family like culture and simple no non sense approach to government contracting. Obviously a small company that operates with very low overhead, it is a comfortable fit for me who has worked for other contractors that were very much interested in profiteering and not the well being of the people. Knowing I came onboard when the current contract was up for re-compete and award to another prime than that under which Lukos works. Lukos made this clear to me and did not attempt to snow me in any way. They are also very up front with potential employment opportunities and that each of us should act in our best interest which I appreciate. Overall this is a desirable company to work for.

Pros

Culture, ethical approach, and benefits

Cons

Small size limits placement opportunities

started out good, but ended badly

Lukos is a small company wanting to grow with a PRIME company SRA. SRA is tainting Lukos, and making them loose their small company values and friendly focus.

Pros

No good items

Cons

work was on base

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lukos. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Lukos in popular locations

• Lukos