Lululemon Athletica Employee Reviews

Great team environment
Key Leader/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 17, 2018
Great team environment but room for opportunity lacked. Everyone is very happy to work there until they realize that there is nowhere to go after a few months.
Amazing energy!
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 24, 2018
Working at Lululemon has already taught me so much about myself. For a company that prides themselves on person to person connection, they sure do live up to their own mottos. The workplace culture, the discounts, and team work are all pros when it comes to working for this wonderful company.
Pros
Personal development opportunities, discounts, fun.
Cons
Lower pay rate.
Overall a good retail company to work for
Educator (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 19, 2018
Lululemon is a good company to work for. They invest in their employees and are interested in each employee's vision and goals outside of the store. They place an emphasis on personal development both inside and outside of the store.
Management is dependent on the store - personally I got along great with the manager at my store however there were certainly other educators that the manager did not like and had bad experiences.
There are no approved time off requests during the holiday season (about November-February) which is a bummer, but understandable for a retail environment.
Pros
Healthcare, paid fitness classes
Cons
Holiday season blackouts
An environment unlike other retail businesses
EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 18, 2018
The culture and the people grab you, filled with charisma and fun, learning, challenges, growth. There are a lot of positive things to working with them but in my experience I felt stunted. The management and leadership teams are giving great tools to support them and the teams. Although this company can be know for fast-tracked development and you can watch people fly all the way to a Store Manager position, this can lead sometimes to managers having gaps. They are fully responsible for HR activities/conversations and I find that can bring challenges they aren't always truly prepared for. Daily tasks and operating the store/floor are high priority. The guest experience and connection is like none other.
Pros
Fitness benefits, medical benefits, culture, discounts
End
Educator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 15, 2018
When I went to transfer to another location, I was released from the company. Even after being told I was a good worker, they would not work with me on transferring.
Fun place to work if you are the right kind of person
Key Leader (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 13, 2018
Very cultured environment, if you don't fit the lululemon culture it's tough to fit in. It if fun to work there if you are into fitness and building a strong sense of community.
Pros
workout benefits
Cons
tough to work with another job, not enough pay
Quality athletic clothing company integrates into the fitness and yoga community
Lululemon Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 13, 2018
Educates the community about the benefits of yoga and fitness. Represents the philosophy and culture of lululemon athletica. Involved in educating students and participants about upcoming yoga and dance events.
Amazing work place
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WAAugust 11, 2018
It's the best place I've ever worked at! They truly care about you and you reaching your goals in life. They take the time to get to know you and male sure your experience is the best with them. I truly truly love working there.
Pros
Two personal trainers, a yoga instuctor, and a gym!
Cons
I can only smoke a cig when i am on lunch.
Great place to work if you like yoga pants
Educator (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJAugust 7, 2018
Had a good experience overall, great company, and they paid for me to go to classes I never would have been able to afford like Soul Cycle, yoga studios, barre classes etc. It made me fall in love with yoga.
Pros
Money for workout classes
Cons
Short breaks, on your feet the whole time, holiday is crazy
culture is great
Educator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 4, 2018
I am leaving because I am moving, my time there was great, had a lot of awesome coworkers that really made retail bearable. I would recommend for a college job
Job Love
Key Leader (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WAAugust 1, 2018
this company is amazing. Looking for employment in my field after college is so difficult because no company comes close to the employee love that lulu has. Great leadership that breeds more great leadership. you will not find a company that cares more about it's people.
Pros
Amazing culture
Good place for work
Key Leader (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 25, 2018
It was a nice experience. Its a very supportive and constructive environment. There are great growth opportunities. There is fantastic life & work balance. This company really has your best interest in mind.
Pros
culture
Cons
management
Fun working environment
Educator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2018
Walk in talk to everybody who was working that day, find out how everyones week of day had been going. Walk onto the floor and converse with guest about what ever it was they wanted to talk about. Management was chill, the culture was awesome. Hardest part about the job would be dealing with rude guest, trying to keep a smile on your face is kinda hard when people are being rude.
Fun, innovative, and like no other job you’ve ever had
Educator (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 11, 2018
It’s a fun and exciting place to work. No one seems to understand that when you work for Lululemon your life will change for the better. Lululemon has a unique culture that inspires you to be the best version of yourself.
Pros
Fun, exciting
Cons
Difficult to advance
great place
Key leader (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 25, 2018
I loved the people and the culture at lululemon, but I always felt like there wasn't much room to grow. It was amazing as a part time job but once it was my full time job it became too much. I was working over 50+ hours a week and only getting paid for 35-38 tops. They definitely over work and under pay.
Pros
Free gym memberships, the culture
Cons
No room for growth, bad pay
Incredible company culture with limitless potential for personal development.
Key Leader (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2018
At the end of the day, still a retail job. Must be comfortable with everything that comes with the industry - almost zero flexibility around the holidays, early mornings, late nights, guest interactions, tasks like folding, cleaning the store, etc.
Pros
Free workouts
Cons
Short breaks, blackout period during the holidays
may be it was the location i worked in
Educator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 22, 2018
we had terrible management in the location I worked in, the turnover was very high. The hours were not very flexible and the scheduling was always an issue. It was a very political job and if you did not please the correct people you were not able to go up.
Pros
discounted clothes
Cons
management
Educator (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYJune 18, 2018
Fantastic place to work. Sometimes management could do more. They don't pay enough to earn a living but they do pay really well for retail. Great but dangerous discount
Entertaining work place that provide workers with a fun, thrilling and positive environment to work in
leader (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 15, 2018
Fun fast paced work place that allows workers to showcase their ability perform and gain skills to move up in the company for advancement and to have the ability to move on from the company with the support of management to full fill goals and dreams
Amazing Company
Seasonal Educator (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYJune 11, 2018
I never knew that a company could make working be so much more than just a job! The friendly and encouraging environment enabled me to thrive both in and out of work.
Pros
discount, environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lululemon Athletica. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

4.1Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight