Lululemon Athletica Employee Reviews

Awesome company to work for
Key Leader (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 14, 2018
One of the top companies to work for, great cultural foundation. Advancement is pretty fair depending on your region, they like to promote within. Great discounts and perks of working for the company
Role
Store Business Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2018
Lululemon is a great place to work. They truly support you in living your best life. They take the time to invest in who you are so you can in turn do it for others. Great place to work!
Great place to grow personally and professionally
Educator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 8, 2018
Lululemon provided a positive work environment with great career advancement and flexible scheduling. If you enjoy the retail industry Lululemon is a great place to work.
Laid back and super fun environment
Educator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 7, 2018
I really enjoyed working a lululemon, I worked with such amazing people that it made work fun. The culture of this work place is very relaxed and friendly and to build a relationship with your customers. The most enjoyable part of this job was I gained a lot of knowledge and also the friendship I built.
Fun environment
Educator (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAOctober 31, 2018
Best place to work and people to work with. It is a fast paced environment but there is alway time for fun on the floor. Personal development is huge for the company.
Life at lululemon
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 30, 2018
Lululemon is an excellent company to work for. The company has always had a great way to take care of their employees from goal coaching, to encouraging happy and healthy lives. Lots of collaboration and entrepreneurial opportunities at the store-level.
fun, amazing company!
Key Leader/Visual Merchandising Lead (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 30, 2018
working for lululemon has been an eye opening experience not only in the work field but your own personal life. they give you tools to advance as an individual and as a team as well.
Great atmosphere at great people at Lululemon
Customer Service Representative/Educator (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAOctober 29, 2018
The training process is very elaborate to assure the educators are highly trained. Work culture is very positive and making sure each and every customer is helped with enthusiasm is important.
Support from Human Resources + Regional Manager was a joke
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 24, 2018
As a manger I was faced with several heavy employee situations (some ever turned legal) and did not receive support from Human Resources or my Regional Manager. I was told to handle the situation and not to talk about it with my co-workers. The said "problem" employees were allowed to continue and work in the store while they were being investigated creating a toxic environment with the rest of the team and managers. I documented several instances with these employees and submitted them to HR and nothing changed. In both instances it was clear as day that these employees were creating a lot of issues and had committed acts that were out of integrity according to our Pramana handbook but still nothing was done. It is not a company that practices what they preaches. I saw several people move up through the company that had friends in high positions. I also saw people come into higher positions after one interview when others were expected to interview 2-3 times for positions. The company definitely plays favorites and looks out for it's own. I feel a of relief being away from that world. Looking back I can see that I was not supported to handle situations with my employees and had to standby while employees mistreated me because I was a manager and I had been coached not to take things personally. In my current workplace people aren't allowed to say or do the things my coworkers did, they would be instantly disciplined. I did not get recognized for my hard work or time. The HR team is a joke and to this day I have no idea how my regional manager got her position as there were  more... several people more qualified then her for the position who had already stepped into that role when needed. The management positions are not worth the time and money unless you are one of their favorites...then of course the world is your oyster.  less
Pros
educators are treated well
Cons
managers are treated poorly and too much is expected from them.
You have to drink the Kool-Aid
Key Leader/Community Lead (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAOctober 19, 2018
If you do not abide by the culture and fully immerse yourself into the lululemon lifestyle, you get the short end of the stick. Not going and sweating during your off time (that's not paid and usually at ungodly hours), you lose respect from your peers, regardless of the actual work that you do for the company. Unfair discount advantage to women (women get discount on men's product, but men do not get discount on women's product for spouses/loved ones). Great benefits, tiered discounts, and reasonable hours. Make you feel welcome at first, but things get lax and unfair after time.
Pros
flexible scheduling, great pay
Cons
favoritism, voice goes unheard
You have to drink the Juice.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  NCOctober 2, 2018
Lululemon is a culture. which means you have to subscribe to language, over dedication, and out of store, unpaid hours in the community. Granted its fun, and you are"coached" to a better you. Plus the clothes are amazing. But I have seen so many dedicated employees fired needlessly. The out of store "community" connections didnt work for having a family, and raising children.
Great team environment
Key Leader/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 17, 2018
Great team environment but room for opportunity lacked. Everyone is very happy to work there until they realize that there is nowhere to go after a few months.
Amazing energy!
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 24, 2018
Working at Lululemon has already taught me so much about myself. For a company that prides themselves on person to person connection, they sure do live up to their own mottos. The workplace culture, the discounts, and team work are all pros when it comes to working for this wonderful company.
Pros
Personal development opportunities, discounts, fun.
Cons
Lower pay rate.
Overall a good retail company to work for
Educator (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 19, 2018
Lululemon is a good company to work for. They invest in their employees and are interested in each employee's vision and goals outside of the store. They place an emphasis on personal development both inside and outside of the store.
Management is dependent on the store - personally I got along great with the manager at my store however there were certainly other educators that the manager did not like and had bad experiences.
There are no approved time off requests during the holiday season (about November-February) which is a bummer, but understandable for a retail environment.
Pros
Healthcare, paid fitness classes
Cons
Holiday season blackouts
An environment unlike other retail businesses
EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 18, 2018
The culture and the people grab you, filled with charisma and fun, learning, challenges, growth. There are a lot of positive things to working with them but in my experience I felt stunted. The management and leadership teams are giving great tools to support them and the teams. Although this company can be know for fast-tracked development and you can watch people fly all the way to a Store Manager position, this can lead sometimes to managers having gaps. They are fully responsible for HR activities/conversations and I find that can bring challenges they aren't always truly prepared for. Daily tasks and operating the store/floor are high priority. The guest experience and connection is like none other.
Pros
Fitness benefits, medical benefits, culture, discounts
End
Educator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 15, 2018
When I went to transfer to another location, I was released from the company. Even after being told I was a good worker, they would not work with me on transferring.
Fun place to work if you are the right kind of person
Key Leader (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 13, 2018
Very cultured environment, if you don't fit the lululemon culture it's tough to fit in. It if fun to work there if you are into fitness and building a strong sense of community.
Pros
workout benefits
Cons
tough to work with another job, not enough pay
Quality athletic clothing company integrates into the fitness and yoga community
Lululemon Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 13, 2018
Educates the community about the benefits of yoga and fitness. Represents the philosophy and culture of lululemon athletica. Involved in educating students and participants about upcoming yoga and dance events.
Amazing work place
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WAAugust 11, 2018
It's the best place I've ever worked at! They truly care about you and you reaching your goals in life. They take the time to get to know you and male sure your experience is the best with them. I truly truly love working there.
Pros
Two personal trainers, a yoga instuctor, and a gym!
Cons
I can only smoke a cig when i am on lunch.
Great place to work if you like yoga pants
Educator (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJAugust 7, 2018
Had a good experience overall, great company, and they paid for me to go to classes I never would have been able to afford like Soul Cycle, yoga studios, barre classes etc. It made me fall in love with yoga.
Pros
Money for workout classes
Cons
Short breaks, on your feet the whole time, holiday is crazy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lululemon Athletica. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

4.1Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight