Lululemon Athletica Employee Reviews

At face value it's great...
Educator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 10, 2018
But once you really understand the system it's a manipulation game. They require you to put in 120% but pay you at minimum wage. Which wasn't so bad with the *old* bonus structure. Now bonuses are capped and you have to work 10x harder to meet those sales goals. The company presents it's self as being about people and connection but it's really just about their bottom line. They have left their dedicated and hard-working employees in the dust.
Don't be fooled people. When you enter a store and they're super friendly and approachable, it's a sales tactic and the employees are the very well trained.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate & Educator (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJApril 6, 2018
Great company to work for. Strong company culture and focus on meeting daily, weekly, and monthly goals. If you are passionate about healthy lifestyle and living then this might be a good fit.
Pros
Free workouts
fun people cool culture
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 5, 2018
Great workout benefits, fun people, but often take it too seriously and forget about work-life balance, and that at the end of the day they're just stretchy pants.
Pros
workout benefits, discount
Cons
work weekends, hard to move up
Fun people to work with
Seasonal Educator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 5, 2018
The work environment was amazing! All of my co-workers were genuine and caring. The management was always supportive and there to help you if you needed it. They were all about personal development.
amazing company culture
VISUAL MERCHANDISING LEAD (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 5, 2018
more than anything, lululemon cares about its people. I've never worked for a company that invests so much time and effort into making their employees happy.
Great co-workers
DATA ADMIN / WAVING (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHMarch 9, 2018
Work is great along with the co workers. Management is unfair. A lot of favoritism is played. The culture here is great if they would continue to follow it as it was when to company first opened.
Pros
free lunches on the weekends
Cons
no adavancements
Great, Fun place to work at!
Sales Educator - Sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 1, 2018
Lululemon is a wonderful place to work. The job culture is unlike any job I have had before and my coworkers there have become some of my life long friends.
Pros
Job Culture, Benefits
Great Company Culture - Demands Improvement and Growth
Store Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 22, 2018
I loved my time spent with lululemon athletica. I have never been a part of a company that offered so much development and education - with the specific role, but also with interpersonal relations, personal growth, accountability, discipline, time management, people management...the list goes on. If you are a smart person who has self-awareness and wants to develop in a plethora of ways, this is an incredible company to work for. And no, you don't have to be a yoga addict. I only left because of being passed up on for a promotion that I and my team felt I had earned - and because my superiors weren't able to give me a clear/definitive answer as to why I was not chosen.
Pros
Amazing Culture/Development, Compensation for Working Out, Good Discounts
Cons
Political
favorite job to date
Educator (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJ 07652February 19, 2018
Lulu was my favorite company to work for, the only downfall was how seriously they took the culture, so many times it would be described as "cult-y". I loved going to work everyday, they environment was great, but if you didn't live and breathe the culture or show advancement in living it, most likely you would be fired.
Fantastic - great vibe
Educator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 15, 2018
Although it was a seasonal position, I wish I could have stayed longer. It was a great place to work with fantastic people and great work environment.

Want to know more about Lululemon Athletica?

Ask a question
Not worth it
Educator (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Lululemon at first seems like a great place to work and it is if you fit into the typical Lululemon mold they are looking for. However, if you aren't, management will look past you and not value you because you do not do things exactly how they see is best. It is limited and not a place that you can thrive because they baby and restrict you very much despite their claims they believe in building and developing their employees.
Lululemon work review
FULL-TIME EDUCATOR (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 7, 2018
Lululemon is an amazing company that focuses on the growth of it's employees. As an educator, your job is to provide each guest with the best experience as possible through education and authentic connection. Working for the company helps in personal growth: in goal setting, being able to interact with people of all backgrounds, and taking pride in hard work. Management seeks to imbed an entrepreneurial spirit in all educators and try to provide a workplace that is fun and rewarding. The hardest part of the job is having to keep a positive attitude when dealing with disgruntled customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the amazing people you get to work alongside. Lifelong friendships are built in this company,
Pros
discount, money to be spent on fitness classes
Cons
working weekends and inconsistent hours
Great work/life balance.
Product Educator (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 1, 2018
The on-boarding process is fun and easy. The benefits are great and there is a lot of internal personal goals and vision building. They treat employees very well and the pay is great.
Ok
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 29, 2018
Great for work - life balance. The most enjoyable is the people and the guests. The hardest part is certain people lie and it is not fair across the board.
get ready to grow
Key Leader (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2018
The culture is incredible. Opportunities for advancement. Average pay. Quick culture and must be able to adapt to change. Lots of opportunity for self development and vision & goal setting. You have to be willing to move for job advancement. Scheduling is based on the needs of business and makes work/life balance difficult.
Pros
development, culture, people
Cons
pay, schedule, hours
Best of retail
Key leader (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 19, 2018
Many aspects are just like other retail jobs, but the culture sets a tone that does care about its people and leaves employees power to make customers happy. Each store operates to accommodate the local community which makes a store become a home away from home. Benefits to work out is the best benefit ever and also helps build a bond among coworkers.
Pros
Free Workouts, discount, community
Cons
Retail stress, hours cut during slow times
Fun place to work.
Educator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Workouts and team outings are fun. Every work season varies due to goals and guests' traffic. I would recommend this job for college students and/or recent graduates!
Amazing company to work for!
Educator (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJJanuary 15, 2018
It is amazing to be surrounded by like-minded people and connect with your community. I love being able to share my personal experiences with guests on our products and technically educate them on what will fit their needs best. My coworkers are incredible, hard-working, passionate, wonderful group to work with.
Pros
Being surrounded by amazing people with similar interests
Cons
Fun and challenging place to work with great benefits and culture
Key Leader (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 12, 2018
I learned so much at this job - high quality customer service, how to work with a team, how to manage a team, having fun with like-minded, outgoing, healthy people. The people development was outstanding and the team truly cared about each other. Long hours on your feet and talking with people non-stop. High expectations for performance. Short breaks. Great job for extroverts. The team was so close that there was some drama. Higher turnover rate than normal workplaces since it is retail.
Pros
Great product discounts, free workouts, teambuilding, personal development, goal and vision coaching, fun
Cons
short breaks, non-stop talking with tons of guests, high expectations, some drama
Lululemon
Educator/Store Inventory Lead (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJanuary 9, 2018
I enjoyed working in such a fun and healthy environment. Everyone at the store pushed each other to reach different goals. My managers, especially my SIL were awesome.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lululemon Athletica. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

4.1Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight