Lululemon Athletica

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Lululemon Athletica Employee Reviews

Lululemon
Key Leader (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 14, 2019
A great work atmosphere but you don't make nearly enough for the work you put in. They recently changed how you commission so you aren't able to make a daily sales compensation. Only for the month and quarter
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low wages, stressful enviorment
Super upbeat fun welcoming culture
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAJanuary 8, 2019
I absolutely loved this job. It paid really well and all of the people are super sweet and welcoming. I highly recommend working here the energy is so alive and its almost like getting paid to stay in shape. The things they offer are so beneficial and trust me when I say working there will change you in some way.
Great Culture!
Educator (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 5, 2019
What a great company and group of people to work with. The care and integrity of the managers and co-workers is amazing. There is room for growth when you speak up.
Weak Leadership
Value Added Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WADecember 29, 2018
There are cliques everywhere, management doesn't care about anyone beneath them, and management is manipulative. They motivate with aggression rather than praise.
Love the job just not the pay
RETAIL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 10, 2018
I love the job and the culture of Lululemon but unless you have a significant other, live at home, or have another job it is hard to meet financial needs. Don’t get paid enough for the expectations of keyleader role
Exciting workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJDecember 3, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Lululemon. The employees and support from managers were very helpful and helped me development more strongly as a person. A typical day looked like: opening the store, getting inventory set and interacting with each guest as they walk in the door. I learned to work in a fast-paced environment while working with more than one client at a time. I really enjoyed Lululemon and the perks of the job, such as keeping up with my mental and physical health.
Pros
Community activities
Cons
Lunch break too short
LOVE Lululemon
Sales Associate - Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLDecember 2, 2018
The most amazing company to work for with a motivating culture and work life balance. I have learned a lot about myself, drive, ambition and how to own who you are and be proud of that and take responsibility in it.
Fun place to work
IT Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 28, 2018
Friendly culture. Provides full gym, yoga studio, ping-pong table. Advancement is possible. DC management at the Columbus location can be a good old boy network.
Pros
Can work from home
Cons
DC management at the Columbus location can be a good old boy network
The place to be if you want your mind messed up
Educator (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 26, 2018
I started work here with a positive mindset, attracted by the work/life balance ratio and workout benefits. However, over my time there, I realized management was catty and miserable. My direct superiors were awesome, I would work for them any day of the week, and work hard for them. However, SM and ASM were miserable, unprofessional people. They would tell you one thing, then the next day say the opposite. It was confusing. I busted my butt working there and they didn't see it. I think all the talking about your feelings as directed by company manifesto could be good, but in general it's a load of * and management doesn't practice what they preach. Overall horrible experience working there. Stay away unless it's a short term contract position. Waste of time
Pros
Workout benefits
Cons
Cattiness, Poor Management
Awesome company to work for
Key Leader (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 14, 2018
One of the top companies to work for, great cultural foundation. Advancement is pretty fair depending on your region, they like to promote within. Great discounts and perks of working for the company
Role
Store Business Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2018
Lululemon is a great place to work. They truly support you in living your best life. They take the time to invest in who you are so you can in turn do it for others. Great place to work!
Great place to grow personally and professionally
Educator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 8, 2018
Lululemon provided a positive work environment with great career advancement and flexible scheduling. If you enjoy the retail industry Lululemon is a great place to work.
Laid back and super fun environment
Educator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 7, 2018
I really enjoyed working a lululemon, I worked with such amazing people that it made work fun. The culture of this work place is very relaxed and friendly and to build a relationship with your customers. The most enjoyable part of this job was I gained a lot of knowledge and also the friendship I built.
Fun environment
Educator (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAOctober 31, 2018
Best place to work and people to work with. It is a fast paced environment but there is alway time for fun on the floor. Personal development is huge for the company.
Life at lululemon
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 30, 2018
Lululemon is an excellent company to work for. The company has always had a great way to take care of their employees from goal coaching, to encouraging happy and healthy lives. Lots of collaboration and entrepreneurial opportunities at the store-level.
fun, amazing company!
Key Leader/Visual Merchandising Lead (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 30, 2018
working for lululemon has been an eye opening experience not only in the work field but your own personal life. they give you tools to advance as an individual and as a team as well.
Great atmosphere at great people at Lululemon
Customer Service Representative/Educator (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAOctober 29, 2018
The training process is very elaborate to assure the educators are highly trained. Work culture is very positive and making sure each and every customer is helped with enthusiasm is important.
Support from Human Resources + Regional Manager was a joke
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 24, 2018
As a manger I was faced with several heavy employee situations (some ever turned legal) and did not receive support from Human Resources or my Regional Manager. I was told to handle the situation and not to talk about it with my co-workers. The said "problem" employees were allowed to continue and work in the store while they were being investigated creating a toxic environment with the rest of the team and managers. I documented several instances with these employees and submitted them to HR and nothing changed. In both instances it was clear as day that these employees were creating a lot of issues and had committed acts that were out of integrity according to our Pramana handbook but still nothing was done. It is not a company that practices what they preaches. I saw several people move up through the company that had friends in high positions. I also saw people come into higher positions after one interview when others were expected to interview 2-3 times for positions. The company definitely plays favorites and looks out for it's own. I feel a of relief being away from that world. Looking back I can see that I was not supported to handle situations with my employees and had to standby while employees mistreated me because I was a manager and I had been coached not to take things personally. In my current workplace people aren't allowed to say or do the things my coworkers did, they would be instantly disciplined. I did not get recognized for my hard work or time. The HR team is a joke and to this day I have no idea how my regional manager got her position as there were  more... several people more qualified then her for the position who had already stepped into that role when needed. The management positions are not worth the time and money unless you are one of their favorites...then of course the world is your oyster.  less
Pros
educators are treated well
Cons
managers are treated poorly and too much is expected from them.
You have to drink the Kool-Aid
Key Leader/Community Lead (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAOctober 19, 2018
If you do not abide by the culture and fully immerse yourself into the lululemon lifestyle, you get the short end of the stick. Not going and sweating during your off time (that's not paid and usually at ungodly hours), you lose respect from your peers, regardless of the actual work that you do for the company. Unfair discount advantage to women (women get discount on men's product, but men do not get discount on women's product for spouses/loved ones). Great benefits, tiered discounts, and reasonable hours. Make you feel welcome at first, but things get lax and unfair after time.
Pros
flexible scheduling, great pay
Cons
favoritism, voice goes unheard
You have to drink the Juice.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  NCOctober 2, 2018
Lululemon is a culture. which means you have to subscribe to language, over dedication, and out of store, unpaid hours in the community. Granted its fun, and you are"coached" to a better you. Plus the clothes are amazing. But I have seen so many dedicated employees fired needlessly. The out of store "community" connections didnt work for having a family, and raising children.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lululemon Athletica. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

4.1Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight