lululemon

lululemon Employee Reviews

United States755 reviews

Found 755 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,099 reviews
athleticayogaworkoutluluretaileducatorfitnessdiscount

Fun retail job with great benefits

Featured review

lululemon selected this as a representative review
Great pay and benefits for retail. But you will definitely work hard has the daily goals are high. The job can feel a bit too "salesy" sometimes.During the high season, you barely get scheduled 1once a week. When the students are back to school, you get scheduled 3-4times a week which can be a lot if you have another job or school on the side.General atmosphere is fun! You will make friends and the staff will encourage you and train you for as long as needed.

Great people

Management were great people and friends. They try their best to accommodate everyone's needs and make themselves known to be supportive. I had a great year working at this location.

lululemon insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment

Great Job!

This job really helped me get over my anxiety after high school. They push you to go up to people, and not only sell them a product but connect with them as well. Great perks if you love gym clothes and workout classes, and opportunities to grow as well (in a retail setting)Overall a great place to work whether you're in school looking for some part time gig with perks or if you're looking to climb up the retail leadership team

Pros

discounted clothes, workout class stipend

Unprofessional Environment

This place hires and promotes people to management positions, but these people have absolutely no people or management skills. Too much favoritism from these managers and they don’t appreciate hard working people. No ethics and appreciation towards good hardworking people. One manager in particular fired good people only to hire relatives or friends of hers. Even when these people are lazy and unproductive.

Pros

Cons

Unprofessional environment, unethical managers, stressful work, unfair pay

Fun people and culture

management encourages growth for the most part. Relatively easy to make friends, fast paced environment makes days go by fast. Easy to get sucked into buying a lot of product

Great College Job

Lululemon is a great place to work for students as they include fantastic benefits and understand a student's ever-changing schedule. The company has helped me grow tremendously.

Pros

Benefits, enthusiastic team, vast array of resources to grow personally

Cons

What is the best part of working at the company?Love the company love the brand care about there co workers just for me I have to step back What is the most stressful part about working at the company?No stress just being true to who you are What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Being true to who you are What is a typical day like for you at the company?Fun and engaging with guest

fun and energetic with low pay

I felt like I worked with really fun people and I enjoyed the products. I did end up spending too much money on clothes while at work but that was my own fault. Entitled shoppers are super annoying to deal with and while some days it is easy there are other days that it can be very grating and exhausting handling the "karen's". Not much room for advancement.

Pros

employee discount, free yoga classes sometimes

Cons

low pay, felt pressured to attend my manager's Social events

Great (at times)

Lululemon used to be my favorite job until they switched over to their new system, cloud something. The entire tenure changed. I cried everyday. Management were awful and turn over his life. Benefits, specifically sweaty pursuits are great! Pay is subpar

Little to no job advancement. It’s just retail

Spent years there with almost no pay raises and no job advances. There is a cult mentality, especially with the old school mangers who also focus on discipline really hard instead of learning and growing. Alterations department in store is treated like sales associates, but the jobs are way too different to compare. Run! Don’t work here.

Pros

60% discount for full time

Cons

You’re mental health will be the lowest it’s ever been.

typical day

Fold and lux store.Clean store so it is ready for the next day.Open boxes and stock and clean back room.Assist guests with making choices on clothing.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

working in retail

Fun and helpful work environment

Lululemon cares for their employees and seems to have a genuine interest in making the work environment safe and happy. I love my coworkers and the benefits help too.

Seasonal Worker

Worked at Lululemon as a side hustle. Stores have way too many leaders and a lack of communication. There is no passion for anything except fast fashion for most of the employees. Coworkers literally would talk to each other and not assist other customers. The broken structure is awful. You are expected to work 6 hours with a 10 min "unpaid" break. This literally makes zero sense. The leadership absolutely sucked so was training people on how to work in a retail store. This has by far has to be the easiest retail job ever, but Lululemon management and store structure are what make it difficult. Probably will not work here again.

Pros

Discount, flexibility

Cons

Management, Break times

What is the best part of working at the company?Company culture was exceptionalWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Financial compensation was lower than it should beWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?The work environment is supportive, fun, and engaging

Terrible

The leads are terrible I was definitely rubbed the wrong way week one with out even knowing their names. Lots of favoritism if you speak English you’re definitely going to get picked on and talked to all the time. You’ll never see that same energy and information being communicated to the foreigners

Fun environment

Loved my job at lululemon. Worked with a great team and every shift was fun. Always felt more then just a retail job. Wages were a slight competitive then other retail jobs.

Great parental leave benefit, terrible at supporting new parents

They claim to be people focused but require you to come back to work from parental leave as if you haven’t had a massive life change with little accommodations to make the transition successfulOr workable.

Amazing place to work!!

The people and culture at this location are amazing and make it so enjoyable to work at. There is a huge sense of community filled with positive feedback, and encouragement for personal growth. I highly recommend working here!

Work day

With this, position you mostly get back of house shifts. You mostly do refill (restock). Pack online orders also and get stuff for guest that order online for pick up in store.

Was a good part time job

I worked at the warehouse for LuluLemon and it was a typical warehouse job. Picking orders, shipping, packing, etc. Only complaint was sometimes there were very slow days where there wouldn't be much to do. This was during Black Friday so they had a lot temp employees.

Pros

Pay, coworkers, friendly management

Good for retail

Probably best of retail jobs, good discount- 40% off for part time employees, 60% for full time, and 75% off of sale items. However, it’s still retail and it’s very boring and the time can drag by.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at lululemon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss