Lumber Liquidators Employee Reviews

Poor management
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 15, 2018
Nothing positive to say. Look elsewhere. Management doesn’t care about customers and will be angry at them if they have any returns. Just unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
Understaffed poor management Low pay and last minute schedules
good company
MH1 (Current Employee) –  StandsonOctober 14, 2018
what does this have to do with anything i'm not applying for lumber liquidators. Its a great company to work for I really enjoy the training process everyone is like family great place to work I will refer friends and family that are looking for a place to work with great benefits
Pros
good company
Cons
no cons
Good job, good people, too much traveling.
Flooring Installer (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 4, 2018
I enjoyed the time I spent at this job, contracting through LL has made me decent money along with several new friends. I enjoyed the work I did along with satisfying our customers, well managed and always had work ready for us as well. However the long distance travel between jobs and very late days are beginning to wear on me. Looking for work closer to home with set hours.
Pros
Good pay, physical work kept me in shape, relaxed work environment.
Cons
Late days, lots of driving, constantly sore
A great day at work
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sandston, VAOctober 3, 2018
Great place to work for i have learn how the format of there inventory the management always checking to make sure the employee are in a safe place the people are nice that i work with there really is nothing hard about working for lumber liquidators and what i enjoy the most is is doing my job to the best of my ability.
Excellent
Assistant Store Manager II (Current Employee) –  Duluth MinnesotaSeptember 29, 2018
Excellent place to work. Not much for advancement, although no complaints for current position. Company is very understanding and good for family accommodations.
Ok place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 26, 2018
Job satisfaction directly correlates to the competency of the co-workers you work with. Advancement is slow & they will work you way outside of your pay grade.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
No time off
Work Hard, play hard
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 25, 2018
I really don't want to submit a review. I am doing this because i have been forced to. I feel that this is not appropriate, and wish there was a way I could have opted out.
Pros
Healthcare benefits
Straight forward Expectations
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 23, 2018
This is not a hard job, anyone with management experience and a sales aptitude will do well here. Its a small crew so you have to have a dependable group...Most stores are only 3-4 man teams.
Pros
Work life balance, pay is fair
Cons
Focus can be a bit scattered, be able to adapt to tyhe new hot topic
Horrible company!
ASM2 (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTSeptember 21, 2018
This is by far the worst company I’ve ever worked for , they rather bring someone from the streets than promote , constant back breaking work expected to be done in an unrealistic amount of time , bonuses were not even worth it unless you’re a store Manager, the hourly pay might seem great but trust me NOT WORTH IT ! Expect to lift thousands of pounds in floors every week, doing tedious work as well like sample planograms , yeah they have a planogram for floor samples in the back of the store where no customer will ever see it lol 🤦🏻‍♂️ Regional managers throw tantrums like little 5 year olds for you forgetting to give a customer a bag , you can’t even sell how you want , you have to use a scripted journey sheet. BASURA !
Pros
Weekly pay
sales
Assistant Store Manager II- My duties (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 20, 2018
Staff was friendly and customers are nice to deal with. Most are returning customers so relationships are built over time. Making phone sales and quotes over the phone while dealing with a customer in front of you can be usual. multi tasking is a must with ths job seeing how most store are a low staff environment.
Pros
customers
Cons
pay
I have been with the company for going on 7 years
Support Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Toano, VASeptember 19, 2018
The culture within the past year has completely flopped. Makes those of us that have been there through all the law suits and mess the past few years very under valued. They have hired new management is not informed and trained.

If I had done a survey 2 years ago......I would praise this place of employment as we were appreciated and there was a true team atmosphere, we had full support of our leads. It was very professional environment, now......sadly, not so much.
Pros
free lunches from time to time
Cons
bad management - no team building - no incentives
inferior merchandise
Installation Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 18, 2018
Always short staffed. Expects a 3 man store to do the job of 5 people. If another takes a vacation or calls in sick, expect little or no help for the first couple days. Sometimes have to work open to close with a standing lunch. Managers can expect to work 60 hrs a week and cover when others are sick or vacation. Plan on loading 1000's of pounds of 30 to 100 lb boxes of wood by hand weekly. They have several types of trackers which must be called daily along with normal customer interaction, planograms, receiving, shipping and more. Phones always ringing off the hook and you are dinged if they role to VM. Now they want you start pricing out quotes thats done in corporate so that takes at least 20 minutes but they wont hire any one else and yet expect you to do a customer journey (20 mins minimum) while still doing 20 other things. If you like fast paced, overworked, overtime, tons of manual labor and trying to reach unrealistic goals and hardship...This is the place for you
Pros
health care coverage is excellent and affordable
Cons
most of the merchandise is of a poor quality
fun work environment, much opportunity to advance
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 11, 2018
With less than 5 people in each store location, everyone has a role to fulfill. There is opportunity to advance and even get your own store, but you must be dedicated and put in the work. I was fortunate to be indoors, but the warehouse position requires heavy lifting, fork lift experience, and the ability to work in (sometimes) extreme weather conditions.
Pros
career advancement, stability
Cons
warehouse in the Las Vegas sun isn't for everyone!
Good Leadership.
AST. MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MISeptember 10, 2018
Im still employed with Lumber Liquidators. It's a great place to work. Depending on the location you wind up at, the likelihood of advancement is up in the air.
Only do this if you have no life.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 2, 2018
If you sincerely don't have anything else to do, then this is the job for you. Personally, I don't enjoy taking my work home with me. When I am off answering calls/texts about work on a regular basis, and some of the time having to do small tasks on those days (which I would have to clock in for), just isn't for me. Overall, the benefits are awesome but you're an underpaid Swiss army knife. If you want to be able to do everything that a group of lets say, 7-10, employees should be doing, then by all means as well. Overall I liked the people I worked with and the benefits, and that was the extent of my enjoyment there.
Pros
Good people, good benefits
Cons
Everything else
Very faced paced. Too many customers with not enough employees.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORAugust 31, 2018
Faced paced job. Only 4-5 employees at each store with over 300 active customers at any time. Not enough employees to help all the customers. Pay check every week was nice. Having a sales plan and achieving that was a fun part of the job.
LL is an amazing place to work
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toano, VAAugust 29, 2018
I've never been happier at another company. Super flexible schedule, competitive pay, management is amazing, room for growth, the sky is the limit with your salary.
Great learning environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 28, 2018
Operating a retail business from Open to close. Inventory management. Employee management. warehouse management, good support staff from corporate. great to get started in a flooring career
Great benefits and work atmosphere. Terrible upper management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 26, 2018
I worked at LL for close to 4+ years. Started as a asm2 and worked my way up to Store manager(In a relatively short amount of time). The work atmosphere and camaraderie between employees from store to store was great. I really enjoyed the upper management(Regional Manager) in the earlier years of my employment. They were always there to do store visits to lend a helping hand in any time of need. As the company grew (too fast for its own good) the original upper management slowly diminished due to unrealistic demands and new uppers were hard to get along with. They always seemed to be aggravated or bothered when help was needed. The stores rarely close, and the work/life balance is horrible. Store managers are ran into the ground and overworked. The ASM1, ASM2, and warehouse workers are underpaid yet benefits are competitive.
Pros
Good benefits and work atmosphere
Cons
Not-so great upper management
Easy to Get Fired Here
1st Shift Outfeed Operator (Current Employee) –  Toano, VAAugust 15, 2018
Worked there for a year. You have to be careful if you have to call out of work for any reason / have to leave work due to an emergency because they will use your PTO to cover your absence without you knowing it. They do have good health, vision, dental, and Life Insurance Policies though. They will pay weekly, but will write you up / fire you if you're a minute late more than twice a month for more than 3 mos, or if you call out more than twice a month. Will work with you if you're a college student (sort of, but will need documentation to prove you're in school). Management isn't always effective at communication what corporate wants from it's employees / doesn't always follow their policies unless its brought to HR's attention
Pros
Health, Vision, & Dental Insurance
Cons
only have 30 min lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lumber Liquidators. Our community is ready to answer.