Lumber Liquidators Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Local Manager
Customer Service, Sales, Inventory (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KY 42103June 15, 2018
He is great to work with. He is fun and teaches us a lot of things each week. He is great with the schedule as works the same hours as we do. Upper management is too micro managing.
Sales
General Manager at Lumber Liquidators (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 12, 2018
Must be good on the phones and good at reading people. Being smooth at sales will earn you most money! You can not push too hard, to where you scare people.
Employees mean nothing
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lenexa ksJune 3, 2018
Store constantly under staffed, no respect for employees.
After 2 yrs I had serious health issue, (needed heart surgery) company gave me 30 days to have surgery, recover, and return to work. When I couldnt, company fired me and canceled my insurance (before I was able to have surgery), H.R. suggested I get on gov. assistance.
Pros
Cons
Lumber liquidators
Decent Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Holly Hill, FLMay 21, 2018
They reward hardworkers and selfstarters. It may be several weeks without an AM check in. They have got to trust you before you get the keys. Work hard and put in your time focus on sales ability and you will make a lot of money!
Pros
Money
Cons
You will live here
Great place to work.
ASM 1 (Current Employee) –  Nanuet, NYMay 19, 2018
This company is a great place to work. The daily follow-up calls can be tedious. Most retailers are open to 10 or later, being able to always leave at 7 (730 at the worse) means you will always be able to see friends and family. My lower volume store allows me to focus more on creating better customer experiences but you may find yourself in an higher volume store where multi-tasking will be key.

All the knowledge you need to succeed is available and you will learn it all with time. Just be enthusiastic and the rest will fall into place.

Just remember; Turn on the sales faucet and Don't cheat the grind.
Pros
Great work-life balance, good pay + Monthly bonuses
Cons
Can be overwhelming when busy, simple mistakes can be costly.
Fast paced, must be ready and able to answer all questions regarding any and all types of flooring.
Warehouse/Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 17, 2018
I would send customers around to the warehouse to load or have them loaded and make any adjustments to their order. Call upwards of 25+ customers or pro installers to follow up with our flooring samples, take orders over the phone, and answer any and all questions.
Great Products, has been a great company overall.
Assistant Manager I (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 14, 2018
Really has been a great company to work for, for the years that I have been there. There have been a few too manly management changes. Normally that is not an awful thing, except when it feels like you are constantly having to change your direction and focus. I never mind change and there have definitely been circumstances since I have been there that have required to changes to be made. Problem is the current management, wants us to be the best in the flooring industry, but is mostly making changes to make us more like Lowe's.

Again overall this has been a good experience. I have worked with some great teams and really gotten to see that they carry the best products in the industry. They do try to promote in the company. The benefits and compensation have been good.
Pros
company contributes heavily towards health insurance
Cons
too much misdirection and not being appreciated enough by management
Fun, sometimes fast paced
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 7, 2018
My time at Lumber Liquidators was mostly enjoyable. The staff at the store typically acted like a family. There were slow moments and then some really crazy ones. It always balanced out to make coming to work something to look forward to. The only drawback is that Lumber Liquidators is a retail company. Anyone who has worked retail will understand the variety of customers that are offered in that line of work.
Pros
Great people to work with/for.
Cons
Retail hours Retail customers
lumber interview
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 6, 2018
Lumber is a great place to work. It is customer service based, long hours and can be stressful but if you have a wonderful Regional Manager (like I have) it will be so rewarding. It takes time and effort to create a great store and hire appropriate assistants. You need to be able to spend 50+ hours a week there.
It was a nice place to start my civilian work knowledge
Distribution and Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAMay 5, 2018
It is a well organized, good environment and new well maintained facility. Sometime there was too many expectation with lack of understanding. Its a good place to work and has great benefits.
Pros
Benefits and training
Cons
too much work for 1 supervisor per shift

Want to know more about Lumber Liquidators?

Ask a question
Fun people I work with
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 2, 2018
Work is enjoyable but our store location sucks. Customers have trouble finding our store because of location. The stores would be more productive if we were open 7-5 instead of 9-7.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
Sometimes work by yourself for 10 hours and no lunch breaks.
In need of new management.
Assistant Store Manager - Sales Support Lead (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 18, 2018
The company itself has some great benefits that an employee can take advantage of. Employees can easily gain overtime and averages in the 40-50 hours per week. However, the company expects the stores to run on 3 - 4 people and do the work of 7 - 10 people which causes a high amount of stress and anxiety.
The company does a poor job of promoting from within which causes tension between not only employees but other stores as well.

The hardest part of this job is maintaining a cool head because there's always a fire to put out Even when a store manages a 100% on their audit, they still get called out on the smallest of items.

Now, even with all the negative, you still get a lot of hours and potential for a quick move around if you do good at your job. However, if you make the smallest mistake, they will turn you into a scapegoat for any issues. This isn't a job for everyone.
Pros
Overtime, company contests, paid time off, wonderful employees
Cons
Short lunches, high stress, bad management
Fast paced retail company.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILApril 17, 2018
I manged the staff on a daily basis and wrote the weekly schedule.. I also assisted customers for stock and special order product. I ordered the the product for the warehouse while monitoring the inventory levels and helped with expediting daily customer deliveries.
Pros
Mercahandise discounts and learned the Flooring business.
Cons
The product availablity could have been better.
Productive,fun, and informational
Sales Associate/Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAApril 16, 2018
Very productive and fun,energetic,positive environment to work at. I enjoyed working for lumber liwuidator as a member and as a team. Looking foward to joining in the near future.
Pros
Grow, learn new skills, become very productive
Cons
Its a very busy job duties
No advancement
Assistant Manager 2 (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAApril 12, 2018
I put in countless hours 50+ per week, trained multiple employees, and did work out of the scope of my job requirements and was passed over 3 times for a promotion. Lack of training and you get left to yourself to figure out the computer system and product knowledge.
Pros
If you like working overtime thats a PRO
Cons
Training and management
Enjoyable place to work
Unknown (Current Employee) –  Toano, VAApril 11, 2018
They offer great benefits. My manager is easy going and doesn't mind teaching/training. They recognize milestones. You are encouraged to learn new tasks and to collaborate with other departments.
poor price to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 8, 2018
very bad job with poor leadership and inexperiened management . No future poor customer service guidelines and unfair pricing and low grade product....
Pros
bad job
Cons
bad job
Production Environment & Strictly ruled
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAApril 4, 2018
This place is good to work at if you are full-time employee but if you are part time employee in the warehouse you will not be getting any hours, you will not receive any benefits, your salary wage is at a low rate, the workplace culture is non-diverse, and people are not friendly.
Pros
Good Excersise
Cons
Short Breaks
Good place to thrive
Divisional Sales and Services Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2018
Good place to thrive if you're willing to put in the hours. Company is definitely headed in the right direction and will continue to grow which will call for more opportunities.
The best was never enough
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  NYMarch 29, 2018
As a store manager, you were constantly pushed to hit higher and higher numbers based on the company wanting to grow, even if the market could not sustain the increase in sales plan.