Lumber Liquidators Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Under staffed.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Horn Lake, MSJanuary 7, 2019
Managment did not hire enough staff to adequately provide store coverage, resulting in extended hours, regular weekends working, and poor morale. i would not return to work if i had the option.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
excessive ours.
Not even close to a decent job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 14, 2018
By far one of the worst jobs i have worked. Poor management, too many hours, not enough corporate support, poor training, and overwhelming work load make this job untenable. You work yourself to the bone, you will be unappreciated, and you will notice the lack of integrity the company keeps in dealing with its customers. And if you have any kind of medical problems or restrictions, this company will happily terminste you because you "do not fit our business model for this position.

There are far better companies to work for than this.
Pros
Decent healthcare, benefits, and pto
Cons
Horrible leadership, training, and integrity...too much work for the pay rate.
Fun people I work with
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 2, 2018
Work is enjoyable but our store location sucks. Customers have trouble finding our store because of location. The stores would be more productive if we were open 7-5 instead of 9-7.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
Sometimes work by yourself for 10 hours and no lunch breaks.
Great people at the store level!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MD 21060January 13, 2018
One of my best experiences. When the previous Regional Manager departed, everything went downhill. For me, I worked extensive hours because the company takes absolutely too long to hire. Some weeks I’d work over 55 hours..by myself. If it weren’t for that, I definitely would have stuck around a lot longer.
Pros
The store level employees at almost every LL are really dedicated to their role.
Cons
Upper management is almost non-existent. You only hear from them when is convenient for them.
If you have no life this is the job for you
Assitant manager (Former Employee) –  Upper midwestDecember 9, 2017
Horrible management, on bad days you were pushed to make those phone calls to people to pick up their stuff. On good days, you were pushed to make those phone calls to people who only wanted a sample. Upper management never listened to what you had to say. 9am to 7pm most days. Erratic days off. Just a bad company overall. Manager barely helped, date nights were important to him and he couldn't be bothered by getting dirty!
Benefits
Cons
Pay, hours
Very active work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Roxbury, MAOctober 3, 2017
Punch in, check emails, customer orders and shipments. Help customers, answer phones, unload and receive shipments... Etc.

I learned a lot about the product.

Management was good for the first few years.

I had good relations with upper management for the first few years.

Hardest part was trying to get everything done that was asked of me.

I enjoyed earning a paycheck everyweek.
Pros
The store was next to the Charles river
Cons
Being overworked and having an outhouse for a bathroom
Great place to learn and grow
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WASeptember 28, 2017
I got into sales and the flooring business in this company. Although I disagreed with upper management quite often in the later years my team there was amazing. I loved my direct supervisor and we happily worked together as a team for over 4 years.
Great place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, OHSeptember 22, 2017
In my location had the privilage of working for the best manager Ive had in my working life. The pay was ok for retail just wished they offered more incentives. Laid back atmosphere, great cowokers. Honestly wished I never left
Pros
Atmosphere, coworkers, helping people, challenging
Cons
Pay could be better
always moving
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TNApril 15, 2017
Lots of moving parts to any job with this company, you must be able to memorize lots of technical information about flooring. Most locations a ran with a few people on staff and customers can out number you 6 to 1
CEO needs to go
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLApril 12, 2017
I am not a huge fan of the bs that is happening with this company tons and tons of micro managing its turning into a dictatorship. The bosses of the stores and assistant managers are over it.
Pros
pay decent
Cons
Corporate Dictatorship
WAS a awesome place to work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAApril 7, 2017
At the beginning it was great, the management was great and benefits were amazing. Then new management came in, and they cut bonuses down to only a quarter of what we were getting. They made new policies that made our jobs a lot harder to get things done for the customers . When the 60 minute thing came out, with how our floors carry dangerous amounts of fermeldhyde , they came out with memos for us to make up stories to cover this story. A lot of the new polices only allowed to be robots instead of being personal with customers we had to follow scripts or get written up
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Micro management
nice
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 3, 2017
You get things done in a fast pace environment. People are gonna have things to say about this company but personally, I love it. You gain so much knowledge to improve YOU in the long run!
Keeps you busy, but hourly rate is low and they over exagerate bonuses
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJanuary 8, 2017
Good customer atmosphere and employees everybody did they're part. Horrible pay though, despite the physical labor aspect and keeping up with managerial duties.
Pros
keeps you in shape.
Cons
Low Pay
It was challenging but made me push myself harder to reach my goals.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 29, 2016
I enjoyed working and learning with my store manager, he made the days interesting and challenging. Also there was a lot of new information I learned about flooring and all the variety of species of woods available for homes. It was all new to me but I caught on quick.
awsome
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAOctober 21, 2016
• Driving sales to meet the plan, while providing overall customer satisfaction, Documenting and unloading inbound product deliveries, loading customers, keeping track of inventory and keeping the store warehouse neat and organized.
• Delivered on all selling metrics including outbound calls, open order reports, follow ups, and emails. Also in charge of managing store and procedures
Sales Driven
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 5, 2016
A typical day at Lumber Liquidators usually involved there being two associate working in the store. That associate was responsible for customer relations, counting the money, open/close store, receiving/shipping, and bank deposits.Management was always very helpful and flexible. The hardest part of the job is the balance of life.
Managers make the money.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 18, 2016
The way the salary structure was setup the only one who could make a career out of working there was the store manager. The store manager makes 80% of the pooled commission while the other employees are forced to scavenger through the left overs.
Get your feet back into a schedule
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJanuary 7, 2016
It is a good place to get your life back and attempt to go to school. But the bonus pool percentage is not fair. No matter how much you put into it you you only get your percentage according to your postion.
Pros
Work schedule makes it almost not feel like retail.
Cons
Bonus pool no matter how much you put in manger gets lions share.
Working At Lumber Liquidators
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Arden, NCJanuary 3, 2016
Good job for your active person. Requires a lot of physical labor, great product knowledge and communication kills. and multi-tasking.
Decent paying job with no consideration of employees
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Colmar, PADecember 26, 2015
I have been with Lumber Liquidators since July of 2015 and I will admit, for a younger individual with little bills to pay, I make decent money however, 1) later down the road with more bills to pay, I will definitely not be able to make ends meet with this job and 2) I don't think that the pay is all that worth it when you work for a company that doesn't care for their employees.
Morale company wide is extremely low and management is not doing a single thing about it. Yes, they gave us all a bonus for sticking with the company when times got tough, but money does NOT buy happiness. From stories that my store manager has told me in the past, Lumber Liquidators seemed like an amazing company to work for, but, unfortunately, times have changed.
On the other hand, management within my region is amazing. I can rely on any of the store managers in my area as well as my regional manager without any fear of asking a stupid question or someone going behind my back.
I do believe that it will take a lot to get Lumber Liquidators back to how it used to be, but everyone at corporate is not taking the appropriate actions to get us there.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of care for employees from corporate level.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lumber Liquidators. Our community is ready to answer.