Lumber Liquidators Employee Review

View all Lumber Liquidators reviews

Great place to work, if not for the “buddy” system
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Nitro, WVMarch 24, 2019
This would have been the place I retired, if it had not been for the “buddy” system. Company pays very well. I was a store manager, and my store was struggling with selling installs. Well, that’s because my store went through a third party for installs, who hired sub-contractors to do the work for them. Good installers are very hard to find. So when you find them, you should keep them, and take care of them. That means, LL gets a cut, the third party gets a cut, and then the installer gets his cut. If there was any left to give him. I tried several times to do away with the third party, and because the owner of the install company was friends with the regional sales manager, my cries went unheard. I understood completely, about being under contract with the “bigger company”, but was told that LL would “never donaway with the “bigger company. They have completely forgotten what got them where they are. Eventually, even though I had never been written up before, they found a mistake I had made, and let me go. Loved my team. Loved the business, but cannot day the same about senior staff.
Pros
Pay, time off, fast paced
Cons
Regional staff

Other Lumber Liquidators Employee Reviews

It’s not a place for someone to make living out of
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 14, 2019
Loved it at the beginning but the company hired new ceo and kicked out the founder of the company. Very corporate style. Doesn’t care much about employees.
Horrible management
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 8, 2019
If you don’t plan on going far in life and want something that pays every week. This might be the job for you. The management staff are very unsupportive and one sided. Anyone in upper management aren’t going to support anyone who isn’t a store manger. A very uncomfortable work environment.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Poor management and favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lumber Liquidators. Our community is ready to answer.