Lumber Liquidators Employee Reviews

Regional manager played favorites
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 4, 2019
Day to day the culture depends on the store but as a member of management interaction with the regional manger were terrible. He tries to manage through intimidation and plays favorite. He is ineffective and rude.
Was a Great place to work
Warehouse Supervisor/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNJanuary 31, 2019
I was fortunate to have a very understanding store manager. I was able to work for a long time and have stability in a job, which is something I don't have now, that I miss.
used to be a great place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toano, VAJanuary 15, 2019
it was a great place to work when i began there. over the years, it steadily got worse. losing benefits and increasing corporate and HR involvement into the daily business of operations. I watched everyone i knew one at a time lose their job to people they could bring in making less money. they slowly turned a great place to work into a very miserable place to work.
Pros
good vacation benefits
Cons
turned my department into a call center over several years
Under staffed.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Horn Lake, MSJanuary 7, 2019
Managment did not hire enough staff to adequately provide store coverage, resulting in extended hours, regular weekends working, and poor morale. i would not return to work if i had the option.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
excessive ours.
great coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sandston, VAJanuary 2, 2019
great coworkers. little room for advancement. departments work well together for common goals. life work balance. easy commute. able to work from home
This company has terrific people at all levels
Western States Divisional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Western StatesJanuary 1, 2019
LL has a great value prop that allows it to have a focus that drives your day to day job and which makes it all very rewarding. Store team sizes are lean which means you need to be able to stay very busy while at work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toano, VADecember 31, 2018
Great job and place to work for. Constant change. Pleasant work environment. Progression in management. Always something new. Retail position. Highly motivated.
Cons
Decent place to work for but the hours aren't the best
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Hatfield, MADecember 27, 2018
Decent place to work for but the hours aren't the best. If you work your butt off you can move up in the company within a few years. If you have the opportunity to work there, it is a 50/50 chance you will like it.
Generally Poor
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 23, 2018
LL ended my relationship as a manager a couple of days after I reported that our installer had defrauded clients, and LL began crediting accounts. Not a legit reason to terminate an employee.
Pros
No standards of performance
Cons
Corrupt and lazy management
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toano, VADecember 19, 2018
Has been a great place to work. In 14 years I have personally witnessed a lot of changes. Most changes have been good for the company as a whole. Change is what helps us grow.
Good place to work for a first job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 17, 2018
Great place to work, management recommended sales books to read in place of training, great place to expand your learning for a first job. Some micromanaging based off of not getting personal enough with Co-workers. They have checklist to do throughout the day, and have decently high standards (sometimes will be condescending to get you to do meet the standards). Sales driven, and customer service is always good regardless of the store. They provide easy solutions for most problems so you don't have to worry or have to much pressure.(the only benefits to micromanaging each and every problem without letting the regular employee learn to handle it.)
Pros
1hr lunch, good pay above minimum wage, flexible hours if there are 5+ employees
Cons
Micromanagement, Poor Leadership/Motivational Skills, biased managers, Always a rushed vibe.
Not even close to a decent job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 14, 2018
By far one of the worst jobs i have worked. Poor management, too many hours, not enough corporate support, poor training, and overwhelming work load make this job untenable. You work yourself to the bone, you will be unappreciated, and you will notice the lack of integrity the company keeps in dealing with its customers. And if you have any kind of medical problems or restrictions, this company will happily terminste you because you "do not fit our business model for this position.

There are far better companies to work for than this.
Pros
Decent healthcare, benefits, and pto
Cons
Horrible leadership, training, and integrity...too much work for the pay rate.
work a lot, make money
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  NJDecember 4, 2018
55+ hrs a week, but compensation is good.

pros:
401k is matched 4%
5 weeks pto if you've been with the company for 4+ years
medical/dental benefits are good
Soul Crushing
National leader (Current Employee) –  Toano, VADecember 4, 2018
New management does not understand the corporate culture and believes screaming is an effective motivational tool. No chance for advancement for long suffering employees while the top is bloated with multiple SVPs.
Poor management
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 15, 2018
Nothing positive to say. Look elsewhere. Management doesn’t care about customers and will be angry at them if they have any returns. Just unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
Understaffed poor management Low pay and last minute schedules
good company
MH1 (Current Employee) –  StandsonOctober 14, 2018
what does this have to do with anything i'm not applying for lumber liquidators. Its a great company to work for I really enjoy the training process everyone is like family great place to work I will refer friends and family that are looking for a place to work with great benefits
Pros
good company
Cons
no cons
Good job, good people, too much traveling.
Flooring Installer (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 4, 2018
I enjoyed the time I spent at this job, contracting through LL has made me decent money along with several new friends. I enjoyed the work I did along with satisfying our customers, well managed and always had work ready for us as well. However the long distance travel between jobs and very late days are beginning to wear on me. Looking for work closer to home with set hours.
Pros
Good pay, physical work kept me in shape, relaxed work environment.
Cons
Late days, lots of driving, constantly sore
A great day at work
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sandston, VAOctober 3, 2018
Great place to work for i have learn how the format of there inventory the management always checking to make sure the employee are in a safe place the people are nice that i work with there really is nothing hard about working for lumber liquidators and what i enjoy the most is is doing my job to the best of my ability.
Excellent
Assistant Store Manager II (Current Employee) –  Duluth MinnesotaSeptember 29, 2018
Excellent place to work. Not much for advancement, although no complaints for current position. Company is very understanding and good for family accommodations.
Ok place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 26, 2018
Job satisfaction directly correlates to the competency of the co-workers you work with. Advancement is slow & they will work you way outside of your pay grade.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
No time off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lumber Liquidators. Our community is ready to answer.