Lumber Liquidators Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Senior Analyst, Transportation (Current Employee) –  Sandston, VAJuly 30, 2018
Enjoyable place to work, there is always something new to learn and the people are friendly. If you are a person that enjoys solving problems and improving current processes, you will fit in.
Pros
Flexibility
horrible work environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 27, 2018
I would not recommend anyone to work here, you will never get the time off you are promised, you wont get paid for over time frequently, they dont care about the customers or quality of life for employees.
theres a reason the company has a 50% turnover rate.
Pros
Cons
no breaks awful hours
Great culture and excellent upper management
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 26, 2018
Lumber Liquidators is a great company to work for. They teach you everything about hardwood floors and their products are great and fairly priced. Work life balance for managers is pretty rough though. That balance is the only strike against this great company.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits.
Cons
Work life balance
Good on paper, your manager will own you though.
Asm-1 (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 25, 2018
The store a itself was not bad. But the management was terrible. No communication. No real believable goals set. 3 people run an entire location and usually you're left alone for 6 hours or more. If you do plan to stick with this job, communicate everything you can to corporate if something does not feel right and just pass by your manager. Save yourself a headache and save yourself drama.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
On work floor alone for hours. No support from in store management
Great benefits
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2018
Although pay and benefits are good, cooperate culture needs revisiting. Healthy competition is not promoted and stores are very cut throat with each other, which diminishes team morale.
Pros
Good pay snd benifits
Cons
No team spirit.
Not recommended
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toano, VAJuly 7, 2018
Until management changes I wouldn't advise anyone to apply for customer service, customer relations, and sales. The scheduling became ridiculous. You had to basically be friends with management to get a decent schedule.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
Bad management
flooring
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJuly 6, 2018
You run the entire store, from making the sale, to finding the product the customer wants at a different location and setting it up for pick up. Also drive a fork lift and load the customers order.
nice people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  League City, TXJuly 4, 2018
nice people to work for, but the pay is not as much as the responsibility required of you. The benefits are good and the company gives a good employee discount.
Productive and fast past working environment
Supervisor Paul Douglas Smith (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 30, 2018
Job is very enjoyable, competitive pay also has great benefits and easy to promote within the company. The only disadvantage is long days and weekends.
Pros
Easy promotion within company and great benefits
Cons
Long hours and work weekends
Local Manager
Customer Service, Sales, Inventory (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KY 42103June 15, 2018
He is great to work with. He is fun and teaches us a lot of things each week. He is great with the schedule as works the same hours as we do. Upper management is too micro managing.
Sales
General Manager at Lumber Liquidators (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 12, 2018
Must be good on the phones and good at reading people. Being smooth at sales will earn you most money! You can not push too hard, to where you scare people.
Employees mean nothing
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lenexa ksJune 3, 2018
Store constantly under staffed, no respect for employees.
After 2 yrs I had serious health issue, (needed heart surgery) company gave me 30 days to have surgery, recover, and return to work. When I couldnt, company fired me and canceled my insurance (before I was able to have surgery), H.R. suggested I get on gov. assistance.
Pros
Cons
Lumber liquidators
Decent Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Holly Hill, FLMay 21, 2018
They reward hardworkers and selfstarters. It may be several weeks without an AM check in. They have got to trust you before you get the keys. Work hard and put in your time focus on sales ability and you will make a lot of money!
Pros
Money
Cons
You will live here
Great place to work.
ASM 1 (Current Employee) –  Nanuet, NYMay 19, 2018
This company is a great place to work. The daily follow-up calls can be tedious. Most retailers are open to 10 or later, being able to always leave at 7 (730 at the worse) means you will always be able to see friends and family. My lower volume store allows me to focus more on creating better customer experiences but you may find yourself in an higher volume store where multi-tasking will be key.

All the knowledge you need to succeed is available and you will learn it all with time. Just be enthusiastic and the rest will fall into place.

Just remember; Turn on the sales faucet and Don't cheat the grind.
Pros
Great work-life balance, good pay + Monthly bonuses
Cons
Can be overwhelming when busy, simple mistakes can be costly.
Fast paced, must be ready and able to answer all questions regarding any and all types of flooring.
Warehouse/Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 17, 2018
I would send customers around to the warehouse to load or have them loaded and make any adjustments to their order. Call upwards of 25+ customers or pro installers to follow up with our flooring samples, take orders over the phone, and answer any and all questions.
Great Products, has been a great company overall.
Assistant Manager I (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 14, 2018
Really has been a great company to work for, for the years that I have been there. There have been a few too manly management changes. Normally that is not an awful thing, except when it feels like you are constantly having to change your direction and focus. I never mind change and there have definitely been circumstances since I have been there that have required to changes to be made. Problem is the current management, wants us to be the best in the flooring industry, but is mostly making changes to make us more like Lowe's.

Again overall this has been a good experience. I have worked with some great teams and really gotten to see that they carry the best products in the industry. They do try to promote in the company. The benefits and compensation have been good.
Pros
company contributes heavily towards health insurance
Cons
too much misdirection and not being appreciated enough by management
Fun, sometimes fast paced
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 7, 2018
My time at Lumber Liquidators was mostly enjoyable. The staff at the store typically acted like a family. There were slow moments and then some really crazy ones. It always balanced out to make coming to work something to look forward to. The only drawback is that Lumber Liquidators is a retail company. Anyone who has worked retail will understand the variety of customers that are offered in that line of work.
Pros
Great people to work with/for.
Cons
Retail hours Retail customers
lumber interview
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 6, 2018
Lumber is a great place to work. It is customer service based, long hours and can be stressful but if you have a wonderful Regional Manager (like I have) it will be so rewarding. It takes time and effort to create a great store and hire appropriate assistants. You need to be able to spend 50+ hours a week there.
It was a nice place to start my civilian work knowledge
Distribution and Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAMay 5, 2018
It is a well organized, good environment and new well maintained facility. Sometime there was too many expectation with lack of understanding. Its a good place to work and has great benefits.
Pros
Benefits and training
Cons
too much work for 1 supervisor per shift
Fun people I work with
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 2, 2018
Work is enjoyable but our store location sucks. Customers have trouble finding our store because of location. The stores would be more productive if we were open 7-5 instead of 9-7.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
Sometimes work by yourself for 10 hours and no lunch breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lumber Liquidators. Our community is ready to answer.