Lumen Legal Employee Reviews

Contract assignment
Legal Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 26, 2019
This was a contract assignment through Lumen Legal for USAA staff counsel. The partner in the office didn't seem to care that the women's restrooms were dirty (blood on the toilet seats and no seat covers). There was also a lady in the office that came to work inebriated, and would have several drinks during lunch. I hear she's still working there.
Great experience
Corporate Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 6, 2019
I enjoy what I did for them at the time. I would recommend this company to anyone who looking for a job. I just wish they offer all benefits to they contract employees
See below.
Document Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 12, 2019
Lumen is a good place to work. One review says cramped workspace. Nothing could be further from the truth. Out of all the doc review agencies I've worked for, there was more room in the pods to spread out materials and personal articles necessary for the work day, that I don't see how anyone could make that claim. They do have a couple small rooms that are probably used when they're very busy, but the bulk of the reviewers seating arrangements is spacious. More importantly, even though I'm a very slow reviewer, and, therefore, not necessarily a likely prospect the next time around, my team leader was excellent in assisting me interpret the protocol and individual documents. I didn't have as much interaction with the project leader, but she was pleasant, and didn't make me feel like an outsider, even though it was my first time there. Also, and I don't know how many people this is important to, but the lavatory is the very best maintained of all the places I've worked. The director is a super individual, and very graciously provided a huge, diverse lunch for Tiger's opening day celebration, at her own expense. The only downside I experienced was having to dress business-casual every day (no jeans except Friday). But that's a very minor consideration, given the numerous positives mentioned above. All in all, I would work for Lumen any time, even though it was a substantial commute from my home.
Sweat shop and childish management
Attorney (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 3, 2019
Cramped, noisy and cringe worthy project manager. Also a large percentage of weird people. A bearable dystopia at times, otherwise it is the opposite of career advancement. They expect you to worship this temporary job with no benefits like it is the greatest job in the world.
Pros
They never screwed up the paycheck.
Cons
Everything else
Awesome work environment
Attorney (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 12, 2019
I've met a lot of great people working here. The team leads and project managers have all been really helpful. However, I do feel like they bring in too many new people instead of rolling over attorneys that have worked on other projects.
Document Review Attorney
Document Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 9, 2018
We reviewed and coded coded documents using Relativity software for first-pass review, privilege review and quality controle, privilege review and quality control.
Subject of Reviews:: Antitrust (Entertainment Co. and discovery related to a NHTSA Investigation
Lumen provides comprehensive training and materials on the first day of the review, as well as ongoing training.The management team is collaborative and there is always someone available from the team to answer questions.The hardest part of the job really depends on the type of review, for example, anti-trust cases tend to be more involved than other types of cases. The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture at Lumen. Lumen is casual, but professional, laid back but highly productive. It is clear that Lumen strives to give the Client an excellent service, while also creating the workspace place a great place to be.
Well managed
Document Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 3, 2018
Managers, recruiters, and team leaders are very friendly and quick to resolve any issue that may arise. You are trained before starting any project at this place.
Pros
Relaxed workplace culture
Cons
Long gaps of being off work
Great Place to Work - Lacks challenge
Sr Legal Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 1, 2018
Management was great to work for, however there was no employee engagement (luncheons, decorations for holidays, holiday celebrations, team building). The work was very slow and I found myself bored most of the time.
Pros
Owners were pretty passive, allowed you to be involved in decisions
Cons
The work was slow and I found myself bored and unchallenged
Terrible Work Life Balance
Legal Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJuly 1, 2018
I worked a lot of evenings and weekends for no additional compensation, other than a random gift card here and there. They give you a cell phone when you start working there and you quickly find out that the purpose of this is so they can contact you 24/7-- and they do!
Wonderful work environment
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJuly 1, 2018
Recruiting is a very hard business, especially in today's environment. Lumen Legal gives their employees everything they need to be successful. They are very flexible with offering the employee what they need to be successful. The owner is a famous book writer and is very involved in the business. They have an excellent compensation plan and are very willing to reward their employees who succeed.
Pros
Sales driven company
Cons
Hard business to be successful
Good as far as Document Reviews go
Due Diligence and Document Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 13, 2018
Document Review is a culture of Attorneys that is unique and this environment was different because it was one of the more quiet offices for doc review.
Pros
Professional, Helpful Supervisors
Cons
Not a great onboarding process.
Productive and structured
Attorney (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 5, 2017
This is a nice place to work. I have worked on some very interesting places. I always work with a good team. I receive a lot of work from this company and I am satisfied.
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 15, 2017
Work was simple and environment was chill and comfy. Loved the co-workers. Great location too. Pay is great but preferred permanent job and not contract.
Great experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJuly 6, 2017
Focusing on reviewing resumes, scanning, keeping track of daily logs and managing all daily administrative duties as required was a typical day at Lumen Legal. I learned how to screen and process resume. It was a challenge at times wearing many hats but a great accomplishment knowing all project were a success, working in a fast pace environment.
Lumen Legal
Attorney (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MINovember 12, 2015
Lumen Legal offers competitive salary, professional management personnel, but no job security. Great work locations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lumen Legal. Our community is ready to answer.