LUMEN

LUMEN Employee Reviews

United States58 reviews

yeargoodemployeecompanypaypeoplemanagementgreat

chaos

No security and too much chaotic change. Pay is kept for bad managers only and frontline little to no raises. Dead-end company go elsewhere if you are young.

Good is benefits and working in local community! Bad is management bean counting your every job!

Lumen laid off many people including me I was at 34.76 p/hr so now they are hiring for a lot less and they are demanding a lot of experience. Lumen has a 3 strikes and you are out meaning they give you allotted time to do order and if you exceed that's one strike. There are other places that pay the same or better you don't need the frustrations of a big company!

LUMEN insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction

Pay just went up for them

Ok company if u like being over worked and working other departments work and not just your team .the pay just went up for them.after everyone left this job used to be a good atmosphere and cared for their employees but since Covid they feel like people do anything at home and micromanage you

Solid work environment, interesting system issues

Overall a solid company, but I was let go before my 2nd yearly review as part of a workforce reduction. Lots of weird issues due to the way all the systems were tied together internally, feels like a bunch of smaller companies in a big company trench coat. Still functional, but definitely could have better system organization.

Great benefits

Okay place to work. I enjoyed the flexibility. Learned data entry. Lot of turnaround they throw a ton at you but it's not impossible to learn. Again great benefits.

Limited promotion opportunities

It is extremely difficult to get promoted within your organization. Health benefits are great but pay is low. Company is not doing enough to retain employees.

Supports Military

Great company to work for as a US Service Member. Management will work around military commitments. Will get some compensation if deploying overseas. Good active veteran network within the company.

Terrible environment

You are selling outdated technology at expensive. Installation is a joke they no call and then you lose the sale and your pay. Managers do not care about anything but you making sales. QA is so tough

Unequal pay. Long hours and weekends expected.

The company continues to work with a male-centric environment. Women are paid less, asked to do more, and penalized for attending to their children in emergency situations.

Not a good place to work, lack of training, communication and focus

From day 1, No training, poor communication. No organization or structure. Systems do not work, or super slow which makes your job harder. High turn-over rate no consistency. Bad experience

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

systems, communication, training

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at LUMEN?

Poor management

No clarity on expectations, no support by leadership, no integrity, toxic work environment. HR is non-responsive and are unwilling to address ethics complaints. Senior leaders are dishonest when communicating with staff, sarcastic and unwilling to listen to objective recommendations supported by facts. Leadership is unable and or unwilling address known deficiencies. Avoid this employer

ton of PTO from day 1 but forget about trying to schedule it. great benefits.

The stress level is very high.The whole day is spent on the phone with no control of call flow talking to customers with billing complaints and no autonomy to help. Just create billing tickets and put it in someone else's hands.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

high stress; little work/life balance

Overall, history of work experiences aligned with valuable organizational and personal goals

Fun at work with diverse and challenging job duties. Most leadership provided frequent, useful and developmental feedback. Some managers need to work with systems and processes because they consistently demonstrate poor people skills. Overall, history of work experiences were good.

It's Ok

The people on my team were great. I started in QA with the hopes to move into development, for two years I kept getting a "soon we'll move you". Eventually they switched my title to QA and said that's where I'll stay. Sometimes have to work with offshore people and there's a culture clash.

Productive and Engaging

Working at Lumen is a very educational experience, one where you are constantly challenged to be your best to fulfill customer needs in a timely and courteous way. I found my skills being put to the test on a daily basis in a constantly changing customer service landscape.

Pros

Wfh, work/life balance is great

Cons

High employee turnover rate

Great Place

Flexible, great team environments. Lots of room for advancement around the globe. Have learned a lot. Good work / life balance. Good benefits / Time off.

Always Learning

I am always challenged and the opportunity to learn is available daily. My team members were always helpful. I lived learning and soon training on the applications. Our company and team building were fun and showed appreciation to all. The culture was very diverse and gave us all the ability to meet and learn different people.

Pros

Remote always available

Low quality work was allowed and expected from select employees. Unequal treatment for jobs and opportunities.

Typical new hires were buddies with management. It didn't matter if they could do the job properly, just that they could hang out and have a good time. Work is distributed unequally, and low quality, falsified documents and incomplete jobs were the standard from untrained or undertrained employees. If you want quality work, pride in a job well done, and the ability to excel, look elsewhere. Also, forget about doing things outside work, you are expected to be available at all times. Except for the buddies. They tend to work 4 hour days, sit around in the office, then charge overtime.

Flexibility is a good thing at Lumen. There is a good work life balance.

They say they support personnel and value your career progression but, I didn't really see it. They hire externally when internal applicants abound. It is somewhat political and clique-ish.

Pros

It is a good place to work. Remotely working is not stumbling block.

Cons

No support for career progression or cross training.

Excellent company

very challenging training program that sets you up for success. Managers are very pleasant to work with, but will also push you to reach your max potential.

I enjoy the laid-back work environment. As long as work is getting done and we stay within the rules of the company, no one really bothers us.

I often recommend Lumen to others because overall they've treated me well, which is why I'm still here past 3.5 years. They seem to care about their employees.

Pros

Good management Annual bonuses

Cons

Mandatory CBTs not related to my job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LUMEN. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

69%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare LUMEN with

• LUMEN
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?